62 - Battle Droids
63 - Obi-Wan Kenobi
64 - Commander Appo
65 - Clone Trooper (Elite, Kashyyk) (2)
66 - Yareal Poof
67 - R4-K5
68 - Padme Amidala
69 - Clone Trooper (Engineer) (2)

I was checking out EE's case assortments when I noticed that the second case assortment for wave 9 (Wave 9, Revision 1) has not a single figure in it from wave 9. It is as follows - 1 each of:

12 - General Rieekan
19 - Yoda
22 - Firespeeder Pilot
37 - Sandtrooper
38 - Darth Vader
44 - Luke Skywalker
48 - Obi-wan Kenobi
53 - Darth Maul
57 - Clone Trooper
59 - R5-J2
60 - Clone Trooper
62 - Battle Droids

Now, unless there are going to be more case revisions, a few of the figures from wave 9 will be in pretty short supply, most noteably...Commander Appo. At 1 slot total, and if he is a popular troop-builder as I suspect that he may be, that one could be a tough one to get ahold of. This has prompted me to order a case from Entertainment Earth...just to make sure I get at least one.

Old Fossil
11-30-2006, 04:02 PM
I want

Commander Appo
R4
Kashyyk Clone

The pegs at my local WM are half empty for the first time since August. This bodes well for Waves 8 and 9 actually showing up here...

then again, I think I overestimate my chances.lol

figrin bran
11-30-2006, 10:07 PM
Darth Cruel, the revision case has 57, 60 and 62 which are also in wave 9

Darth Cruel
11-30-2006, 10:10 PM
Darth Cruel, the revision case has 57, 60 and 62 which are also in wave 9

Yeah, and 59, but those are wave 8 figures. They are just shipping with wave 9.

jedi master sal
12-01-2006, 08:57 AM
Well given that I hopefully will get enough of 57, 59, and 60, I won't add numbers desired for those clones here. Instead just focus on 63-69.

Here's what I want from this wave:
63 - Obi-Wan Kenobi (I'm assuming this is the HOLOGRAPHIC one. X3)
64 - Commander Appo (X40-but this depends on teh mold. If it's the #41, then yes, if it's the #6 then yes, if it's the Commander mold then 10-20, if AT-TE gunner then just 3. If it's some new mold, then I'll have to determine the amount once I open it.)
65 - Clone Trooper (Elite, Kashyyk) (40+ if I can get them-gonna need help on this one fellas, PLEASE)
66 - Yareal Poof (NONE)
67 - R4-K5 (X3)
68 - Padme Amidala (Hmm this is a Geonosis one correct? None if old sculpt, 1 ror 2 if new sculpt or vastly upgraded sculpt)
69 - Clone Trooper (Engineer) (X6-10)

Damn, this wave is going to kill me...January is going to be one expensive month already and I'm sure I'm still going to be tracking these bad boys down... Hmm, I might have to cancel my Sideshow Jabba set... Unless someone else wants it, then you can send me the $375 and when it gets to me, I'll ship it to you, (though you'd have to pay for the additional shipping to you.) This includes the Jabba, DIAS and Salacious sets. Not sure I'm going to go through with that or not, so if you're interested PM me and let's talk. (You must be a long time member in good standing, and preferably someone I've already dealt with.)

-Sal

Mr Burns
12-06-2006, 11:59 AM
A great wave. Pick of the bunch are Yarael Poof #69, and Elite Corp Clone Trooper. The latter looks absolutly superb in the flesh, or should that be plastic. I got these this week.

Yarael Poof also has a cool looking lightsabre with a thicker base than usual.

Also worth noting if your bothered, that some of the numbers have changed.
#63 Obi Wan
#64 Appo
#65 Eltile Corps Trooper
#66 R4-K5
#67 Padme
#68 Combat Engineer
#69 Yarael Poof

Padme looks like a straight forward re-release but I may be wrong. R4-K5 looks pretty neat, Combat Engineer is a slight disappointment, Appo is okay, but the Elite Corp Trooper looks like to one to find. The best figure for a while, certainly one of the best clones of the year.

General_Grievous
12-06-2006, 02:06 PM
I think I'll just get the Kashyyyk trooper. I already have enough astromechs, and the Holo Obi-Wan isn't part of the ROTS canon, so I can skip that one too.

Jango Speck
12-06-2006, 07:19 PM
I think I'll just get the Kashyyyk trooper. I already have enough astromechs, and the Holo Obi-Wan isn't part of the ROTS canon, so I can skip that one too.

I seem to recall Obi Wan as a hologram in AOTC, and I think we can assume he was one in ROTS during all those teleconferences.

tagmac
12-06-2006, 10:38 PM
Aside from Padme and the Kashyyk clone, none of these figures really interest me.

General_Grievous
12-06-2006, 11:27 PM
I seem to recall Obi Wan as a hologram in AOTC, and I think we can assume he was one in ROTS during all those teleconferences.
He wasn't a hologram in any of the films except AOTC, and even then he wasn't even full sized. What they should have made was a hologram ROTS Anakin.

DarkArtist
12-08-2006, 11:01 AM
He wasn't a hologram in any of the films except AOTC, and even then he wasn't even full sized. What they should have made was a hologram ROTS Anakin.

be careful what you wish for, perhaps Hasbro will give us the #3 ROTS version as the next Holo figure.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-08-2006, 04:44 PM
Hasbro's site made mention of the fact that Obi-Wan appeared as a tiny hologram to Yoda on Kashyyyk. Why they made a figure out of this, I'm not really sure.

Darth Cruel
12-08-2006, 07:53 PM
I am still waiting for wave 8 and some people are already getting wave 9.

TheDarthVader
12-08-2006, 08:41 PM
The only one I have found is Maul sith training at a Target. I am sure people that work there already took the others because I went on back to back days and the maul appeared the 2nd day and there was room on the pegs for more. downer

Tycho
12-08-2006, 09:39 PM
Just waiting for about 5-6 of the Kashyyyk Clones (that wave (9) has not hit as far as I know - wave 8 just hit.

Those will be the last SW figures I buy before a select few I plan on getting from the 30th Anniversary Collection.

General_Grievous
12-30-2006, 02:08 PM
be careful what you wish for, perhaps Hasbro will give us the #3 ROTS version as the next Holo figure.

I think that, if anything, Hasbro will make the ROTS #28 Anakin into a Holo mold. They should have really done that instead of Obi-Wan for Wave 9, since it is not only canon to ROTS (The hologram in Palpatine's office), but also to ROTJ (even though he's not wearing his regular jedi robes).

Anyway, I think this wave seems to be showing up, according to this report on rebelscum.

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2006/TSCeliteclonecomp.jpg

The report's on a Kashyyyk Clone variant.

Jargo
12-30-2006, 02:22 PM
I'm liking that fancy pants biker scout dude. beats me why on Endor the scout troopers didn't have the same camouflage but hmmm. May have to boost my imperial forces with a few of those paintball partay troopers.

Tycho
12-30-2006, 03:23 PM
Good timing though. I didn't have to go near any toy isles during the Christmas rush.

DarkArtist
12-30-2006, 05:01 PM
the shelves in TRU and Walmart as well as Target are picked dry. TRU had one GH Vader and on Jerjerrod. Walmart still has the Carkoon wave clogging the pegs, and Target is stuck in the snow with the Hoth Wave.

would love to see Wave 8 & 9 at retail, especially since I have $45 to blow in TRU and $65 to blow in Walmart.

Darth Cruel
12-31-2006, 10:02 PM
I am really getting excited about wave 9. I am anticipating it's showing up within two weeks or so. And I am most excited about the prospect of a #41 sculpt, SA Appo that I can use as a 501st clone trooper.

Battle Droid
01-01-2007, 12:08 AM
I hope I find Wave 8 before Wave 9 hits.

Blue2th
01-01-2007, 02:07 AM
Hope I see wave 9. With the delay on the TAC till february there's a good chance. Though I don't know maybe there's a bunch of H&V and GB cases still lurking in the warehouses, waiting to clog the pegs. Please be done with them already. Then it's not over. After wave 9 there's wave 9 1/2 Walmart exclusives. Though I should worry about one wave at a time. "One wave at a time sweet J*s*s"

jedi master sal
01-01-2007, 08:29 AM
...Then it's not over. After wave 9 there's wave 9 1/2 Walmart exclusives. Though I should worry about one wave at a time. "One wave at a time sweet J*s*s"

I hear ya. I'm not even caught up on wave 8 yet. Wave 9 is gonna be a pain as I am trying to get 40 Kashyyyk troopers. Thankfully with wave 10-WM there are only two figures I want.

Luuuuuuke
01-01-2007, 09:16 AM
I'm excited about wave 9, mostly for the clones, though I'm not getting as many as before. I'd be happy with no more than 6 of each. I have 3 already on pre-order.

I'm sure my area of L.A. will get wave 9 later than some areas. That seems to be the trend. Wave 8 has not really hit much in this area. I'm all caught up fortunately, but it would still be nice to see wave 8 "representin" on the pegs. It just seems a good sign.

Old Fossil
01-01-2007, 12:18 PM
I have yet to see Wave 8... beginning to worry a little... I want that black R5 unit.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-01-2007, 01:49 PM
Nothing has changed here. Still mostly Jerjerrods at Target, but not a lot of figures there, so maybe they'll get something in. Wal-Mart has lots of Greatest Hits and lots of Tatooine wave figures.

Darth Cruel
01-02-2007, 12:20 AM
I am just glad that I have my minimum number of the troop-builders on wave 8 (I am keeping an eye out for some more for you JMS) because there are two more that I want to build in wave 9...maybe only one depending on how difficult it is to find Appo. I will use him to jump-start the 501st tier of my formation if I can find enough of him. The Clone Engineer holds no interest for me as far as troop-building goes as he is not SA.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-06-2007, 02:30 PM
Found two black Endor Soldiers at Target, but nothing else new. They had 15 Jerjerrods, a couple #45 Darth Vaders, a General Rieekan, a Firespeeder Pilot, and a Lushros Dofine. Still no Endor Luke or anything after #46. I was reminded by EE that I'm getting the wave 9 case, so at least I shouldn't miss those. I'll just have to hope I can find the troops and droids from wave 8.

Correction, I do have #47-#52 except for holo Maul.

DarkArtist
01-08-2007, 12:23 PM
looks like my Walmart is getting to stock both Wave 8 & 9 as the pegs have been all cleaned up and sorted out. also had pegs labeled SW Expanded Universe $9.88, which I'm guessing is for the Dark horse Comic 2-Packs.

jedi master sal
01-08-2007, 01:51 PM
...Also had pegs labeled SW Expanded Universe $9.88, which I'm guessing is for the Dark horse Comic 2-Packs.
Now that is promising. I wonder if that's going to be the Vos/Villie two-pack. That's the only one I'm really looking to get.

El Chuxter
01-08-2007, 01:58 PM
More likely the Marvel 2-packs.

Tycho
01-08-2007, 02:05 PM
I agree with Chuxter. It's the Marvel 2-packs. Those aren't TRU exclusives. Just because they were found at TRU first does not mean that's their only outlet. My guess is that the Marvels haven't seen enough of the distribution yet and they'll come in to Target and Wal-Mart with as much frequency as they had in TRU and they will establish a presence there.

Being on the racks for 3 months is not pegwarming. It is being in stock - or having the stock replenished. Just because some of you will clean these out the first time you see them, or at the first store you saw them at, doesn't mean people won't buy them at other hours of the day, at other stores.

My guess is that we'll be waiting for 3 months before Quinlan and Villie. If you have the Marvel ones, enjoy them - that's all you're getting for a while. It takes the general market more than 5 minutes to precure these.

I think there's a tendancy amongst us to buy something today and go back tomorrow to learn we have everything that's shipping, but proclaim that Hasbro is not distributing enough new product.

Old Fossil
01-08-2007, 02:15 PM
Found most of (and passed on most of) Wave 8 yesterday at Target in Hattiesburg, MS. Got the black R5. My fears are stayed.:thumbsup:

Darth Cruel
01-08-2007, 03:08 PM
looks like my Walmart is getting to stock both Wave 8 & 9 as the pegs have been all cleaned up and sorted out. also had pegs labeled SW Expanded Universe $9.88, which I'm guessing is for the Dark horse Comic 2-Packs.

DA - Are you actually seeing wave 9 on the pegs or are you just anticipating it?

I agree with Chuxter. It's the Marvel 2-packs.

It is the Dark Horse (Marvel) ones I am sure. I saw them on the pegs marked for expanded universe in a Wal-Mart Super Center AND a regular Target Store here in the High Desert. And I also agree that they are likely to see much more peg time before they disappear.

I only hope that DA has also seen wave 9. That will give me something new to look for besides clones to send to JMS (no extras yet, JMS, but I am still looking).

jedi master sal
01-08-2007, 04:47 PM
DA - Are you actually seeing wave 9 on the pegs or are you just anticipating it?

It is the Dark Horse (Marvel) ones I am sure. I saw them on the pegs marked for expanded universe in a Wal-Mart Super Center AND a regular Target Store here in the High Desert. And I also agree that they are likely to see much more peg time before they disappear.

I only hope that DA has also seen wave 9. That will give me something new to look for besides clones to send to JMS (no extras yet, JMS, but I am still looking).

Actually D_C, I'm good on all of wave 8 except the 442nd and Holo Cody. Dindae has some for me, so at this point other than what he's got, I'll need just two more 442nd clones and one Holo Cody.

Then it's on to wave 9. This one is going to be hard, as I want 40 of the Kashyyyk clones.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-08-2007, 06:41 PM
When I was at Wal-Mart Saturday, I noticed that they moved their figures to the other side of the aisle. There was a diagram there for where to stock figures, but I didn't look at it closely enough to notice any indication of the comic packs, nor did I look to see if there was a space for them. In addition to those figures, there is still an endcap full of figures and another endcap full of VTSC figures, neither of which seem to be selling. Target was down to about 20 figures, but 15 were Jerjerrod. I did manage to find a couple of black Endor troopers there.

DarkArtist
01-08-2007, 08:57 PM

I am hoping that Walmart is going to be stocking both soon. here hoping. sorry if I got your hopes up on seeing wave 9 early or something, but i just figured since the walmart here sucks that perhaps they were going to be shipped both waves and stock both waves at once. the only downfall to that idea is the serious amount of dough to be shelled out since I have only found R5-J2 and that was at a Target last night.

Old Fossil
01-18-2007, 01:21 PM
Okay, I'm chomping at the bit to get a few of those Elite Corps Kashyyk troopers. It's already past the middle of January. This wave shouldv'e already been showing up. What gives? It's only a month and a half (or so) until the (delayed) TAC wave is supposed to start hitting stores.

Jargo
01-18-2007, 01:34 PM
is the elite corps trooper the paintball camo scout trooper?

it's probably bad weather at sea holding things up. Chinese new year is coming up in mid february so the factories all close for that which means chaos beforehand. then the cargo ships have to navigate the really *****y oceans with high winds and angry waves. then everything has to clear customs and the level 1 security checks for terrorist thingummybob. then it has to ship to warehouses and then to stores.

I don't mind the wait actually. it allows me time to pick up bits i might have missed. or stuff from other lines.

jedi master sal
01-18-2007, 02:49 PM
Yes, the Elite Corps trooper and the "paintball camo scout trooper" are the same.

I'd say weather has a role to play in this. Certainly the West is going to get this before the East coast. If winter winds and storms continue like they have been, airports will continue to delay or cancell flights and roads will be closed for truckers.

So for us all, it's a wait and see.

I'm chomping at the bit too. I'm going to need help army building these guys. Looking to get 40 of them.

Tycho
01-18-2007, 02:55 PM
I did go out shopping today and scored 2 battlepacks: Felucia and Illum - does that name sound like Fallujah or what?

The pegs are looking a little emptier so maybe they'll stock WAVE 8 soon.

Unless Wave 9 will hit Target simultaneously, I think everything is going to be pushed back about a month longer than Hasbro estimates.

Translation: TAC in April, not March - but possibly pushed as far back as May unless the last of the Saga2 stuff hits and is clearanced out almost instantly - making it hard to find.

Darth Cruel
01-19-2007, 05:05 PM
BriansToys is reporting that they got wave 9 in. all of the stock went to pre-orders, though

Tycho
01-19-2007, 07:09 PM
The scalping e-tailers get their stuff faster sometimes, because they get the pre-orders from the impatient.

The regular retailers can be slow to move their stock or to order more.

In other words, the computers show full cases at Wal-Mart if they have 12 Lushros Dofines.

At Brian's Toys, they probably have 96 Lushros Dofines, but they don't care because they're free since they're charging $18+ or something for the Kashyyyk Clone Trooper, paying for their costs and 2 more Lushros they had to have added to their stock when they got Firespeeder Pilots and Cody.

Their focus is on the toys, while Wal-Mart / Target focus on their inventory registry without as intimate of product knowledge - not to mention, if Star Wars experts were employed by Target, they could not be distributed to all stores, all locations. Brian's Toys has one store, one location. You pay a higher price for their service and the convenience it brings.

Now, as to the TAC, I bet you the big box stores will get their stuff first when the time comes, because it is a different SKU and they'll be ordering the most of it (billions of units going to Wal-Mart and so forth).

Anyway, it's just a theory I thought I could logically present. Maybe I'm wrong. What do you think?

DarkArtist
01-22-2007, 02:25 PM
I'm losing hope on ever finding the rest of wave 8 and all of wave 9. the walmart by me sucks, haven't had product on there shelves since October. oh wait correction the last time I saw new product, ie single carded figures, was in October with the Endor / Naboo wave. they had for one day the comic packs which I did pick up on the 1st of January but that's it.
I talked with the toy department manager today and he confirmed that they are not putting out any new product till all the old product is gone. on the pegs right now are 7 saga Leia boussh and 7 power droids. it's said to look and see eight pegs marked for figures bare.

mtriv73
01-22-2007, 03:27 PM
You could always buy them all and either return them when new items are stocked or return them to another wal-mart somewhere else (preferably not in Frederick, MD though.)

Tycho
01-22-2007, 06:37 PM
Leia Boussh sells in San Diego. Who doesn't is Lushros, Jerjerrod (probably because of the expression on his face - it's a terrible likeness), and C-3PO in the two currently shipping incarnations because he's always only barely more popular than Niemodians.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-22-2007, 07:01 PM
Both Target and Wal-Mart have pegs for the comic packs, but I've yet to see them. Wal-Mart has taken a bunch of the figures they had on an end cap and made two packs out of them. Or maybe they are new arrivals, because they had Gragra and the Podracers together, and they didn't have any the week before that I saw. Target has just a few figures left, mostly Jerjerrods. I probably won't go back until next Saturday.

Old Fossil
01-22-2007, 09:04 PM
I'm losing hope on ever finding the rest of wave 8 and all of wave 9. the walmart by me sucks, haven't had product on there shelves since October. oh wait correction the last time I saw new product, ie single carded figures, was in October with the Endor / Naboo wave. they had for one day the comic packs which I did pick up on the 1st of January but that's it.
I talked with the toy department manager today and he confirmed that they are not putting out any new product till all the old product is gone. on the pegs right now are 7 saga Leia boussh and 7 power droids. it's said to look and see eight pegs marked for figures bare.

Sounds just like my sucky WM. 2 rows of empty pegs marked at $6.63, one row packed full at $4, not even the ghost of Wave 8 in sight. Pegs full of Count Dooku, Sun Fac, both Threepio's, Lushros Dofine, and Wookiee Warriors.

This is beginning to look like the tail end of the Episode I line.

Darth Cruel
01-25-2007, 12:25 PM
I found wave 9 at Target this morning. I am a happy camper! I was able to get a full set between two Targets and 4 of a second set for my collecting partner. After that I also got a Kashyyk clone to open. It is VEERY difficult for me to refrain from opening Appo! I have wanted a 501st on a #41 sculpt for a hell of a long time. I am hoping that the knowledge that the #41 scylpt 501st is coming out in the Legends line will help me to not open him, bit I will very likely cave and open him anyway.

dindae
01-25-2007, 02:19 PM
Well I guess the hunt is on. I hope that these will be more plentiful than wave 8. I only found that a few times. It was enough for me but I think I was fortunate to find it when I did.

Luuuuuuke
01-25-2007, 06:17 PM
I found wave 9 at Target this morning. I am a happy camper! I was able to get a full set between two Targets and 4 of a second set for my collecting partner. After that I also got a Kashyyk clone to open. It is VEERY difficult for me to refrain from opening Appo! I have wanted a 501st on a #41 sculpt for a hell of a long time. I am hoping that the knowledge that the #41 scylpt 501st is coming out in the Legends line will help me to not open him, bit I will very likely cave and open him anyway.

Open Appo, man! You'll find another one--at least--to keep in the package later.

I have 3 Kashyyks and 2 Appos so far, from BBTS. I have a feeling wave 9 won't hit in my area of L.A. until a little bit later. It always seems the San Gabriel Valley gets stuff, or puts it out, later.

I'm planning on getting 3 more Kashyyk troopers and 4 more Appos--so I can take their pauldrons off. I'm only keeping one as Commander Appo.

DarkArtist
01-26-2007, 08:50 AM
the pegs around here are still dry. man you guys are lucky finding wave 9 already. I'm still looking for wave 8. was only able to find a holo cody and 5th fleet clone so far and that was three weeks ago. I am almost tempted to order cases of wave 8 & 9 and try selling or trading the extra's.

jedi master sal
01-26-2007, 10:51 AM
the pegs around here are still dry. man you guys are lucky finding wave 9 already. I'm still looking for wave 8. was only able to find a holo cody and 5th fleet clone so far and that was three weeks ago. I am almost tempted to order cases of wave 8 & 9 and try selling or trading the extra's.

Why be tempted? Just do it.

I ordered a case of wv 9. I'm only going to have the Poof and Padme left to get rid of and Kidhuman called dibs on the Poof. So I just need to get rid of the one fig. Heck that's not bad at all. If I can't get rid of it, I'll probably donate it to my local Children's hospital.

Tycho
01-26-2007, 11:20 AM
I went out today and found nothing. I talked to the Hot Wheels regulars who go to my stores (they're not scalpers to my knowledge) and they said nothing had hit my Target. They said that the stores where my teammates got their Wave 9 figures from, especially one of them, was one of the best at stocking up out of all of them.

I hope that my group gets a lot through this connection, as then I might get mine through none of my own effort. But I'll get them nevertheless.

Besides, it can't be so far in the past that the guys don't remember 2003 when I scored them nearly 90 CW SA Clones.

tagmac
01-26-2007, 11:49 AM
The only Kashyyk clone I expect to see is triple the price at my comics local shop, all thanks to this middle-aged loser with no life scalping all the clones from TRU and Target there, as he did with the last two waves. :mad:

General_Grievous
01-26-2007, 06:07 PM
My Target had Wave 9! They didn't have Appo, but I scored a Kashyyk Clone. Plus, when I got home, my Imperial Briefing set was waiting for me. Best. Day. Ever.

pegger
01-26-2007, 07:03 PM
So I opened my Wave 9 - Padme comes with an Empire Strikes Back Stand... and Yareal comes with a Return of the Jedi. Anyone else find this, or just me?

General_Grievous
01-26-2007, 07:32 PM
So I opened my Wave 9 - Padme comes with an Empire Strikes Back Stand... and Yareal comes with a Return of the Jedi. Anyone else find this, or just me?

My wave 8 Clone Sargeant came with an ESB base. I think Hasbro ran out of AOTC bases, so they just used whatever they had left.

jedi master sal
01-27-2007, 09:33 PM
My wave 8 Clone Sargeant came with an ESB base. I think Hasbro ran out of AOTC bases, so they just used whatever they had left.

That's pretty lame on their part.

Phantom-like Menace
01-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Hmm. I can honestly say I haven't even looked at the stands of the last several figures I've opened. I'd happily take a 41st Elite with the wrong stand though.

jedi master sal
01-28-2007, 03:50 AM
Hmm. I can honestly say I haven't even looked at the stands of the last several figures I've opened. I'd happily take a 41st Elite with the wrong stand though.

Agreed. I don't have much use for them anyway. So just gimme the fig and I'll be happy. Oh I save the stands, but that's more out of habit or "just in case."

A few incorrect ones isn't going to bother me.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-28-2007, 03:21 PM
Yeah, I usually don't even notice the movie name on there. The figures aren't usually going to be viewed from the top down anyway. As long as the figure name on the front is correct, that's fine with me.

dindae
01-29-2007, 09:13 AM
They are build up reasons to buy their stands. "Correct our errors. Buy our stands."

dindae
01-30-2007, 01:33 PM
I was able to pick up most of this wave at WM today. I even got 4 out of the 5 Elite Corps troops I wanted. Oddly enough every figure was there even the whole Walmart wave with the exception of Holo Obi. Weird.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-31-2007, 05:00 PM
I haven't found this wave yet (or the green ROTS clone from Wave 8), but what's the deal with Padmé? She has the Nexu scratches on her back, but her shirt is intact. So this figure is basically scene-specific for a half-second part in the film where she gets scratched but his nails haven't snagged on her clothes. What a weird choice.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-31-2007, 08:50 PM
Just got an e-mail from Entertainment Earth saying my Wave 9 case has shipped. That means the only ones that I want that I still need are Endor Luke, #59 Clone, Super Battle Droid and the Wal-Mart wave.

jamesbondo07
01-31-2007, 10:16 PM
I picked up a few of wave 9 today at Wal-Mart (Elite Trooper, R4-K5, Combat Engineer, Commander Appo)

Tycho
02-01-2007, 02:32 AM
I haven't found this wave yet (or the green ROTS clone from Wave 8), but what's the deal with Padmé? She has the Nexu scratches on her back, but her shirt is intact. So this figure is basically scene-specific for a half-second part in the film where she gets scratched but his nails haven't snagged on her clothes. What a weird choice.

I noticed that about Padme myself. I think it's a mistake, but a production one. Hasbro may or may not correct it. I'd have to see the sculpt up close, but my guess is they painted her midriff the color of her top, when it should've been flesh toned.

dindae
02-01-2007, 09:28 AM

Yeah Padme does have the scratches on her back and a whole shirt. I didn't mind that as much as the horrible dirt application on her knees. Now normally a dirty kneed Padme would be a good idea to me but the paint application is two tan stripes painted of the knee joint that become seperated when the knee is bent. Plus there is no other dirt on the figure so it just looks out of place.

tagmac
02-01-2007, 03:24 PM
I found the remnants of these at Target a little while ago. Or should I say I found Padme there (which I bought). Pretty frustrating, seeing as how all I want is the Kashyyk Clone, which of course is probably at my comics shop for $20, since the local scalper has ben grabbing all the clones in the last few waves. :mad:

Tycho
02-01-2007, 04:14 PM
One of my collecting teammates just got me 2 Kashyyyk Clones. Now I only need 5 more. I've been hunting daily and turned up nothing! :mad:

Darth Cruel
02-03-2007, 09:36 AM
Wave nine FINALLY turned up in my area at Wal_mart...on sale for 4.00.

Old Fossil
02-03-2007, 09:43 AM

LUCKY!!!:thumbsup:

Luuuuuuke
02-03-2007, 12:09 PM

That's awesome. But I wonder if we should worry a little when big retailers start putting new Star Wars on sale so quickly. Maybe they're losing their enthusiasm for it.

Then again, I don't see why they would. It seems to sell like pancakes, except for the obvious pegwarmers. (And those sales seem to be weird hiccups. Only some stores seem to do it. I wonder if they're mistakes.)

El Chuxter
02-03-2007, 12:15 PM
Probably an oversight of sorts, and that store put all SW on sale.

It can easily happen. A minimum-wage employee who doesn't know the difference between the various waves, and who doesn't care, scans them all. Or a manager sees the SKUs in the system and doesn't realize that some aren't the Jerjerrods that have been there all year.

Tycho
02-03-2007, 01:31 PM
But I thought Star Wars was all about the Adventures of Moff Jerjerrod!

He fights Lushros Dofine for the honor of "The Golden One" in the wicker throne and he's often assisted by the apparition of the Great Blue Conehead.

That's what Star Wars is about, isn't it?

Mad Slanted Powers
02-03-2007, 01:50 PM
I saw exactly one case of these on the pegs at Target today. Since the case is on it's way from EE, I just got the one each of Clone Sergeant, 442nd Clone, and Battle Droids. I passed on getting Appo since there is only one of him in the movie, but I ended up getting two Bly's and Gree's, so maybe I will get another if he is there next week. Still need to find the Fifth Fleet Security Trooper and Super Battle Droid.

Old Fossil
02-03-2007, 02:10 PM
I saw exactly one case of these on the pegs at Target today. Since the case is on it's way from EE, I just got the one each of Clone Sergeant, 442nd Clone, and Battle Droids. I passed on getting Appo since there is only one of him in the movie, but I ended up getting two Bly's and Gree's, so maybe I will get another if he is there next week. Still need to find the Fifth Fleet Security Trooper and Super Battle Droid.

Sounds like you found remnants of both Waves 8 and 9.

I found a case of Wave 8 at WM yesterday and bought 2 Clone Sergeants. What I'm gonna do with 'em, I have no idea.:tired:

Mad Slanted Powers
02-03-2007, 03:00 PM
Sounds like you found remnants of both Waves 8 and 9.No, the Wave 9 case contains 3 wave 8 figures, which were the ones I got. I saw the exact numbers of the Wave 9 case below, so looks like no one had touched it yet. Figures in both cases highlighted in bold, which were the ones I got today.

Wave 9 EE Case
1x Clone Trooper (442nd Siege Battalion, Saga #57)
1x Clone Trooper (Sergeant, Saga #60)
1x Battle Droid 2-Pack (Kashyyyk, Saga #62)
1x Obi-Wan Kenobi (holographic, Saga #63)
1x Commander Appo (Saga #64)
2x Elite Corps Clone Trooper (Saga #65)
1x Jedi Master Yarael Poof (Saga #66)
1x R4-K5 (Darth Vader's Astromech Droid, Saga #67)
1x Padme Amidala (Saga #68)
2x Combat Engineer Clone Trooper (Saga #69)

Wave 8 EE Case
1x Darth Maul (Sith Training, Saga #53)
1x Chewbacca (Cloud City Escape, Saga #54)
1x Kit Fisto (Clone Wars, Saga #55)
1x Clone Commander Cody (Holographic, Saga $56)
2x Clone Trooper (442nd Siege Battalion, ROTS green markings, Saga #57)
1x R5-J2 (Imperial Astromech, Saga #58)
2x Clone Trooper (Fifth Fleet Security, ROTS blue striped, Saga #59)
1x Clone Trooper (Sergeant, AOTC green, Saga #60)
1x Super Battle Droid (Kashyyyk, Saga #61)
1x Battle Droid 2-Pack (Kashyyyk, Saga #62)

El Chuxter
02-03-2007, 03:14 PM
I have to say, all my early dissing aside, I found the Battle Droid 2-pack cool enough to pick one up. The same paint scheme still looks lousy on the SBD, though.

Tycho
02-03-2007, 04:55 PM
I have to say, all my early dissing aside, I found the Battle Droid 2-pack cool enough to pick one up. The same paint scheme still looks lousy on the SBD, though.

I had the exact same thought. Now I was doing Kashyyyk with the rust colored Geonosian Battle Droids, as I have plenty of them. Were they actually camo-decorated in the movie? I forgot.

I don't think the Super Battle Droids were ever shown except in their chrome / silver color.

El Chuxter
02-03-2007, 05:34 PM
I don't remember seeing any camo BD's in the movie. Of course, being camo, they would've been invisible.

jedi master sal
02-03-2007, 11:45 PM
The battle droids in the movie were tan ones. Albeit with much more "wear" on them.

I think Hasbro just wanted to try this thinking kids would forget what the battle droids looked like and would buy the camo one. The ROTS battle droid figure is the movie accurate one.

-Sal

Snowtrooper
02-04-2007, 03:55 PM
I got all of wave 9 at Wal-Mart yesterday afternoon. I managed to get 5 Kashyykk troopers, 4 combat engineers, and 2 Commander Appos. This particular Wal-Mart has been dead since mid-Dec. Glad to see they are finally getting stuff in.

For those of you with KB-Toys around, they had a 20% off sale on all Star Wars items. I picked up an extra DS Gunner and Endor C-3P0 which came to about $5.50 apiece.

tagmac
02-08-2007, 12:10 PM
Aside from the scant remnants i saw at raget once last week, I still have yet to see these here in Jersey.

Tycho
02-08-2007, 12:20 PM
My Target has not had new figures in 32 days. We're keeping a count.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-08-2007, 06:28 PM
My wave 9 case from EE arrived Tuesday. I got a couple red Yoda holos, which I didn't have before, so that was a bonus. Now, all I need are a couple 5th Fleet Troopers, a couple Super Battle Droids and Aurra Sing and I'll have all I need from the TSC line.

Kidhuman
02-08-2007, 07:08 PM
I still havent seen jack poop from this wave.

jedi master sal
02-09-2007, 01:42 AM
I still havent seen jack poop from this wave.

Do tell.

And what does "jack poop" look like anyway???

Kidhuman
02-09-2007, 01:52 AM
Do tell.

And what does "jack poop" look like anyway???

It looks like Slickers mom on a good day

jedi master sal
02-09-2007, 12:35 PM
It looks like Slickers mom on a good day

OOOOh, "SNAP," Z

tagmac
02-10-2007, 09:41 AM
FINALLY found what I was looking for. Stopped in a Wal Mart in south jersey, and they had what looked like one fresh case of Wave 9 out. Got Yarael Poof, two Kashyyk Clones, Appo, and Vader's Droid. Was hoping they'd have had the Cantina Band tin, but I doubt I'll ever see that one. They also had one each of the Wal-Mart wave, of which I only got Aurra Sing and Kitik. Now we wait for the new fgs, and hopefully the new packaging will make these guys more plentiful, including the clones.

DarkArtist
02-10-2007, 12:07 PM
FINALLY found what I was looking for. Stopped in a Wal Mart in south jersey, and they had what looked like one fresh case of Wave 9 out. Got Yarael Poof, two Kashyyk Clones, Appo, and Vader's Droid. Was hoping they'd have had the Cantina Band tin, but I doubt I'll ever see that one. They also had one each of the Wal-Mart wave, of which I only got Aurra Sing and Kitik. Now we wait for the new fgs, and hopefully the new packaging will make these guys more plentiful, including the clones.

Lucky, the stores up here in Central are dry. absolutely nothing on the pegs worth grabbing. checked two walmarts, two targets, and two TRU and found squat. here's hoping that my trip to Disney works to my advantage. hoping that Star Traders and The Once Upon a Toy Shop have some new figures. So far February has been a dry month for me.

Old Fossil
02-21-2007, 09:52 AM
Entertainment Earth got this wave in stock yesterday, so I ordered a case. I despaired of finding this wave on retail shelves... it's getting so close to the release of the TAC, I'm worried retailers aren't too keen on having the old Saga figures on their shelves, and won't be ordering much of Wave 9, if at all. The Wal-Mart wave has come and gone, and I haven't seen a new case of Wave 8 anywhere in almost three weeks.

Jango Speck
02-21-2007, 12:12 PM
here's hoping that my trip to Disney works to my advantage. hoping that Star Traders and The Once Upon a Toy Shop have some new figures. So far February has been a dry month for me.

I was at Disneyland (California) last weekend, and all they had was loads of wave 8, plus some comic packs.

DarkArtist
02-21-2007, 02:49 PM
I was at Disneyland (California) last weekend, and all they had was loads of wave 8, plus some comic packs.

Sadly the stores in Disney were just as dry as in Jersey. The Hasbro store in Downtown Disney actually still had some ROTS on the pegs and the Saga Endor Wave. Endor Vendors was clogged with the Hoth and Endor Waves.

Tycho
02-21-2007, 04:18 PM
We have not had new Star Wars figures stocked in my local Target for going on 60 days.

To help with this, one of my fellow morning collectors (the only other guy who does SW in the morning) BOUGHT ALL of the C-3POs and Moff Jerjerrods (there were probably 10 figures at most) and is either holding them or returning them to a different Target to see if this will trigger the computer to order anything more and get them to stock figures.

The pegs are completely barren. He said he bought them out a day or so ago, so we'll see what difference that made, if any. They have at least 8 -10 empty pegs and therefore a wall of red.

DarkArtist
02-21-2007, 07:53 PM
We have not had new Star Wars figures stocked in my local Target for going on 60 days.

To help with this, one of my fellow morning collectors (the only other guy who does SW in the morning) BOUGHT ALL of the C-3POs and Moff Jerjerrods (there were probably 10 figures at most) and is either holding them or returning them to a different Target to see if this will trigger the computer to order anything more and get them to stock figures.

The pegs are completely barren. He said he bought them out a day or so ago, so we'll see what difference that made, if any. They have at least 8 -10 empty pegs and therefore a wall of red.

Hey Tycho, can your friend come out to Jersey and help clean up the Walmarts of the 6 Princess Leia Boushh and 7 Power Droids that are clogging the pegs. Also, the TRU here in East Brunswick seems to be in love with the many Jerjerrods and Naboo Soliders.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-21-2007, 08:36 PM
Hey Tycho, can your friend come out to Jersey and help clean up the Walmarts of the 6 Princess Leia Boushh and 7 Power Droids that are clogging the pegs. Also, the TRU here in East Brunswick seems to be in love with the many Jerjerrods and Naboo Soliders.

I managed to get two Naboo soldiers, but didn't see much more than that. The Target here still several Jerjerrods and not much else. Wal-Mart has a lot of figures, but a lot of them are greatest hits.

tagmac
02-22-2007, 11:15 AM

Since finding Wave 9 a couple weeks ago, all I've seen since was a fresh case of Wave 8 at the Eatontown TRU, and remnants of Wave 9 (a couple Padmes and a Yarael Poof) at the Milltown Target. After seeing this and knowing about the local idiot/scalper, I finally ordered a case of Wave 1, Rev. 1 (the one where only army builders are double-packed) and the Wave 2 set of the TAC figures from EE. It hasn't been this bad in Jersey since the 2003 waves were nowhere to be found.

Darth Cruel
02-22-2007, 02:49 PM

60 DAYS! HOLY STUFF! What Target is that, Tycho?

Since finding Wave 9 a couple weeks ago, all I've seen since was a fresh case of Wave 8 at the Eatontown TRU, and remnants of Wave 9 (a couple Padmes and a Yarael Poof) at the Milltown Target. After seeing this and knowing about the local idiot/scalper, I finally ordered a case of Wave 1, Rev. 1 (the one where only army builders are double-packed) and the Wave 2 set of the TAC figures from EE. It hasn't been this bad in Jersey since the 2003 waves were nowhere to be found.

I did the same thing. I didn't get Wave 1, Rev 0 because, along with the 2 Galactic Marines and 2 Airborn Troopers, there were 2 Obi-Wans and 2 R2-D2s. Wave 1 Rev 1 has 2 Lava Miners and 2 Super Battle Droids in stead. And that makes more sense to me as you need 2 of the SBDs to re-create the hangar scene with them and R2.

Tycho
02-22-2007, 03:04 PM
60 DAYS! HOLY STUFF! What Target is that, Tycho?

Mission Valley, San Diego.

I think Kidhuman might be right. In another thread he suggested that Target might be ordering with the TAC sku and Hasbro is not ready to ship them yet - and that Target missed a suggested ordering window for Wave 9. (My store specifically). I'm not sure, but I'm open to considering it, though none to thrilled with that theory.

abell748
02-23-2007, 05:57 AM
Mission Valley, San Diego.

I think Kidhuman might be right. In another thread he suggested that Target might be ordering with the TAC sku and Hasbro is not ready to ship them yet - and that Target missed a suggested ordering window for Wave 9. (My store specifically). I'm not sure, but I'm open to considering it, though none to thrilled with that theory.

Evansville, Indiana

Our Targets have had no wave 9 and our Walmarts have only had a couple of WM wave cases. I also tend to think that Target has ordered using the TAC sku's and Walmart I just blame on a crappy distribution system. But, if you need Gunners and Jerjerrods then our Targets are the place for you!

Kidhuman
02-23-2007, 06:17 AM
MY Target is like Tychos. 8 Jerjerrods since Christmas day and nothing to show after that.

DarkArtist
02-23-2007, 07:11 AM
The one here i Milltown is clogged with General Riekan's and Endor Luke's.

pegger
02-23-2007, 08:02 AM
My Target is.... well, we don't have Target in Canada. (stupid US company not wanting to open up in stupid my country...)

Darth Cruel
03-16-2007, 05:38 PM
I got a very hot tip from a fellow collector this morning. My local Wal-Mart had six (yes six [6]) cases of wave 9 that they stocked over night. They also had 5 cases of wave 10, but that is for another thread. What recent wave/revision was Scorch packed in? There were 5 of him on the pegs as well!

Kidhuman
03-16-2007, 05:41 PM
Wave 9 was also packed in with wave 8 revisions. I think Scorch was in that one. They might have packed him out by clearing out the stock room.

I found this wave finally over the last couple of days. I am now caught up thanks to MTriv73.

General_Grievous
03-20-2007, 09:01 PM
I don't know about you guys, but the Padme is pegwarming like crazy around here.

Kidhuman
03-20-2007, 10:15 PM
I havent seen Padme on pegs, so I wouldnt know.

Old Fossil
03-20-2007, 10:21 PM
I don't know about you guys, but the Padme is pegwarming like crazy around here.

Since the two Padme's at my local WM have only been there a couple weeks, I don't yet consider her a pegwarmer.

She and Poof are the only remnants left of Wave 9 around here. That's pretty good.

TheDarthVader
04-06-2007, 09:07 PM
It took me a while to find all of this wave. Surprisingly, Poof was the hardest one to find for me. ?????

Mad Slanted Powers
04-06-2007, 09:59 PM
It took me a while to find all of this wave. Surprisingly, Poof was the hardest one to find for me. ?????

That's because "Poof!" and he's gone.