PDA

View Full Version : Okay, which will you definitely pick up?

mark2d2
02-01-2002, 04:04 PM
After some of my recent posts, I'm sure I must fall into the "do-gooder" category. And trust me, I'm no blind follower of Hasbro. It's just there does seem to be an excessive amount of negativity on these boards as of late.

Now that we've seen the first two waves, let me say I'm only impressed with, meaning I'll only buy the following . . . But then, I'm not a completist by any means.

R2D2 -- a retread of PFX R2 but I liked that figure and welcome a "clean sculpt."

C3P0 -- I think he'll turn out better than most expect. The original photo was horribly blurred but for a while there was an amazing front and back photo of this and all the first eight figs -- sadly it's gone. But I thought it looked pretty dang sweet.

JANGO FETT -- Not the preview. The second release is the way to go. Actually, I agree with many that doing two of this guy is pretty scammy. Everybody who gets the preview will then WANT the removable helmet resculpt.

AKAKIN -- The retro light saber seals my fate to buy this figure. A novelty to be sure. But I love nostolgia.

R3 DROID -- Okay, I'm blanking on this guys name, but he's a sweet fig!

Closing Note -- Many of the other figs are either wildly posed. Bad Hasbro Bad. Or just dumb looking in overall design. Bad Lucasfilm Bad.

The packaging is cool IMOP. I like the fact that there's a large photo of the actual fig on the back. It's new and something different.

How about you guys? Which will find homes in your collection?

Lman316
02-01-2002, 04:13 PM
I want a Kit Fisto - I just think he looks cool. I'm not all too happy with his "swinging action", but I'll make do because, to me, he's a cool-looking alien and Jedi.
Same goes for Plo. He's always been my favority Jedi, so I'll just try to deal with the wild pose here.
I'll probably end up getting them all, but those are two that I'm most looking forward to.

PloKoon2385
02-01-2002, 06:36 PM
I got it! I am going to get............................................... ............ .................................................. ............................. .................................................. ....................... .................................................. . .................................................. .......................................... .................................................. .................................................. . .................................................. ......................................... .................................................. ............. .................................................. ............. .................................................. .......................................... ................................................ .................................................. ............ .................................................. .................................................. ..... .................................. ................................... ................................... ........................................ ............................ .................................... ................................... .................................................. ................... ........................................Them ALL! HA HA HA! I don't care about swingy actions and stuff. It is STAR WARS! We are only going to be able to get these once, and I plan to get 'em. Episode II will only be made ONCE. And these figures only ONCE. And I will be there that ONE time.

bigbarada
02-01-2002, 06:46 PM
I'll buy the Slave 1 and the Jango that actually fits in the Slave 1. That's it.

I'm hoping for a nice, real-scanned Artoo and Threepio; but if they turn out to be the same old sculpts then nevermind.

LTBasker
02-01-2002, 06:50 PM
I'm gonna get'em all but the main ones I'm gonna for are:

1. R3-T7
2. Jango version 2
3. Regular Battle Droid
4. C-3PO
5. R2-D2
6. Jango version 1
7. Female Tusken Raider
8. Obi-Wan
9. Anakin
10. Padme

CrossWizard
02-01-2002, 06:53 PM
Well so far from what Ive seen i want:

Jango Fett- He has a nice pose, removable helmet, not to mention the fact that hes a villain.

R2D2- Hes a droid, hes small and hes cool, hes a cool,small droid, what else can I say, plus its nice to see an electronic figure thats not stuck to a base.

Obi Wan- Hes a bearded old man, hes a jedi and I need someone to lop off Jango's head.

C-3P0- Cool gimmick with the coverins, I dig it.

Shaak Ti- Jedi, removable saber blade= good.

Thats about it.

bigbarada
02-01-2002, 07:54 PM
Okay, I just looked at the pics of the Ep2 carded figures and I must say, Artoo and Threepio look pretty cool. They may not be the definitive editions of the figures but they do have some cool features. And I sure do hope that those centipedes aren't like the booster rockets on the first Ep1 Artoo. In any case, they would add some cool atmosphere to a Dagobah diorama.

GNT
02-01-2002, 07:57 PM
I'm going to get the Super Battle Droid,Jango Fett 2nd version,R2 and prob plo :)

2-1B
02-02-2002, 01:59 AM
The first ones I would like to get are:

Count Dooku
Female Tusken
Zam Wessel
Anakin
Padme
Obi-Wan
R2-D2

I am not sure when each will be released, but I will buy them regardless of pose / action features. After those 6, I plan to pick and choose while in the toy aisle.

Obi-Don
02-02-2002, 06:14 AM
I'm not going to kid any of you. I will get them all , as long as the money holds out.

General Veers
02-02-2002, 08:32 AM
I will buy them all because I'm a completist, and I have the disease.;) :D

mark2d2
02-02-2002, 05:54 PM
I forgot all about the Female Tuskin . . . I'll definitely pick her up as well.

Jargo
02-02-2002, 08:56 PM
R3-T7 (for customising)
Zam Wessel (nice statue)
Tusken raider female w/ child
Captain Typho Padme Amidala's head of security
Jango Fett kamino escape (might look okay if strung from ceiling in flight)
Deluxe mace Windu with break apart battle droid (COOOOL!!)
Super battle droid (even though it looks dumb it's still a new droid)
Kit Fisto (Nice alien head lousy body head for customising)
Shaak-Ti Same reason as for Kit Fisto)
Boba Fett kamino escape (same reason)

Reek
Acklay

Coruscant hotrod
Zam Wessels speeder

This all depends on availability of course. And the price. If I have the cash in the bank at the time and they all show up I'll pick 'em up.But the figures I really want have yet to be seen. Red Coruscant guard, senators, bail organa, Cliegg and Owen Lars, Beru Whitesun. Rickshaw droid, PK droid, geonosian and the kaminoans. Hope we get to see some of those soon.

InsaneJediGirl
02-02-2002, 09:00 PM
I plan to get :

Jango Fett
R4-T7
Zam Wessel
Shaaki Ti
Kit Fisto
Deluxe Mace
R2D2
Female Tusken

Slave I
Maybe Jedi Starfighter

evenflow
02-02-2002, 09:03 PM
I am going to have to buy them all. FOr the most part, i like them all.

Beast
02-02-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by evenflow
I am going to have to buy them all. FOr the most part, i like them all.

Same here, gotta get one of each atleast. Two of any army builders, as well as an extra Jar Jar: Senator when he comes out. :D Gotta keep my Jar Jar carded collection complete.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

ChronicJedi
02-02-2002, 10:32 PM
No doubt my fellow Canadian collectors and I will most likely get the high hard one, once again this time around. As with Ep1 and now POTJ we miss out on the later waves. Since I will be purchasing all of the 3 3/4 figures, vehicles and beasts I will undoubtedly have to fill in the holes online. A small price to pay for the best saga in the history of mankind to come alive in my house. A pox on ye naysayers!

2-1B
02-03-2002, 02:03 AM
I am now adding the deluxe Mace Windu to my "must have" list. He probably will never be released from the card though . . .

Beast
02-03-2002, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
I am now adding the deluxe Mace Windu to my "must have" list. He probably will never be released from the card though . . .

Oh come on now, free that poor cool toy from his cardboard and plastic prison and play with him, display him and enjoy him. Just remember, any figures with magnets, keep away from your computer. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-03-2002, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Oh come on now, free that poor cool toy from his cardboard and plastic prison and play with him, display him and enjoy him. Just remember, any figures with magnets, keep away from your computer. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

...you can play with these figures? :p

derek
02-03-2002, 07:35 AM
though i dislike the static poses, i'll most likely run into the store like an idiot at midnight and buy everything they have. i can't seem to help myself.:D though i am going to try and skip the playsets(if any) and vehicles. i'll stick to the basic figures, action collection and electronic sabers. that alone should leave my pretty broke. i have no temptation to buy legos, though.

Jayspawn
02-03-2002, 10:36 AM
I agree with mark2d2. I myself will pick up Jango Fett, Kit Fisto, and Padme (only because I love Natalie). Boba Fett looks pretty cool too.

chewie
02-03-2002, 10:46 AM
Episode II toys probably do have a higher chance of seeing later collector's value, but only because they may be shunned by the masses.

I have a feeling that won't happen quite that way though. More than likely EII toys will be just as worthless for reselling as most POTF2 and beyond have been.

I say open them all and display 'em.

Turbowars
02-03-2002, 11:02 AM
I'll pick up sneak preview Jango. The POTJ package is a better piece of eye candy