PDA

View Full Version : December Hauls

Ji'dai
12-01-2006, 01:06 PM
The local Suncoast finally got in a case of NECA's Dead Man's Chest Series 2 figures today and the sole pirate Elizabeth Swann in the carton had already been aisle-sniped earlier this morning. Still, I've been waiting to get this series here since they have all their POTC stuff 25% off. Then I walked down to Spencers and bought two Miss Swann figs using my $10-off coupon. So I start the month with:

Jack Sparrow with palm tree x2
Palifico with Flying Dutchman base
Bootstrap Bill with Flying Dutchman base
Pirate Elizabeth Swann with palm tree x2

Kidhuman
12-01-2006, 02:52 PM
Hauled in a baby ferret today.

Rocketboy
12-01-2006, 05:22 PM
Hauled in a baby ferret today.Well, how did it taste?
Delicious I'll bet.

bobafrett
12-02-2006, 04:23 PM
Got the tin pack with Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes today.

figrin bran
12-02-2006, 08:02 PM
Superman Returns dvd
AHN tin set
Cars Hudson Hornet, Cruisin McQueen + Sally
10" Martian Manhunter for 4.99 from target
anakin clone wars bust up
McFarlane Lost Kate Austen

Kidhuman
12-02-2006, 10:06 PM
GH Luke and Lando

DarthQuack
12-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Ultimate Superman Collection
Clerks 2 :thumbsup:

2-1B
12-03-2006, 01:18 PM
I got snubbed by a woman, so that was nice. :rolleyes:

Blue2th
12-03-2006, 04:19 PM
Went to Target this morning hoping to find an extra Zev's Snowspeeder to open to no avail. Instead I found the entire TSC wave eight with two each of the ROTS type clones. Also the latest of the Titaniums with the AT-ST, Classic Colonial Viper, Star Skiff, Vader's Fighter, Starfighter w/Hyper-ring. I did manage to get one more Kit's Starfighter on clearance. Nothing at Walmart except the Modal-Nodes tin set. They looked kinda cheeze-ball so I didn't buy them or anything there...maybe later. Saw two or three people dressed as Stormtroopers, Tusken Raider, Darth Vader, a couple of Star Trek guys doin' the Toys-for-Tots thing. Asked them for a brochure for info on donations. A good Star Wars day.

jedi master sal
12-04-2006, 10:22 AM
Went to the Pittsburgh Toy show over the weekend. Nabbed a Troy Polamalu (home) fig.

But the big score for me was aloose/complete Vintage Rebel Transport! I got it for $40. I never had this as a kid, so it was always a hole in m collection. Now that hole has finally been plugged up.... whew that feels good to be done searching for one of these.

I've only ever come across 3 for sale (no including eBay). The other two had parts missing, so I was ecstatic to find this one in excellent condition.

Oh yeah and comlpeted a deal for:
1 #6 clone
1 #41 clone
1 Utapau trooper
1 Red Royal Guard (ROTS)
1 Imperial Sentinel (again another hole plugged)
and yet another Kir Kanos set..... Please for the love of god folks, I have too many of these (ordered extras and forgot to cancel the other orders. So I have three to sell.)

JetsAndHeels
12-04-2006, 10:31 AM
Went to the Pittsburgh Toy show over the weekend. Nabbed a Troy Polamalu (home) fig.

That's awesome...isn't that the McFarlane one that's supposed to be so hard to find? My friend is a Steeler fan and he has been looking for one.

El Chuxter
12-04-2006, 11:08 PM
Found a new Titanium today.

What'd he say his name was?

GALVATRON!!

JediTricks
12-05-2006, 05:26 PM
Thanks to Darkagent stashing this for me, and Figrin Bran not being able to pick it up ahead of me...

Transformers Classics Grimlock - an interesting set of choices, not all successful, and some stuff feels abandoned. Nifty dino mode, but only an ok figure with a few too many flaws to hold up as a shining beacon, certainly not the second coming of the Dinobots. He's an oddity, he's not a great display bot but he's also got some problems that might hinder play potential, so he's got fiddling potential but doesn't shine anywhere else. Best way to put it, he's middle-of-the-road... Grade: B-

Kidhuman
12-05-2006, 09:21 PM
Someone at work told me that he found the Classic Grimlock and on the back it had Astrotrain's name listed under Jetfire. Just giving you guys a heads up on this error/variant(I know only if it is corrected)

figrin bran
12-06-2006, 12:22 AM
you're welcome i guess, JT

i got a set of clone wars bustups in the mail from razor's edge collectibles and a Marcedes Lewis spx rc from ebay.

El Chuxter
12-06-2006, 08:56 AM
Someone at work told me that he found the Classic Grimlock and on the back it had Astrotrain's name listed under Jetfire. Just giving you guys a heads up on this error/variant(I know only if it is corrected)

It was that way on the only Grimlock I've seen.

General_Grievous
12-06-2006, 01:49 PM
Aside from the 2 disc "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" DVD yesterday, I hauled in a nasty cold. Oh well. Least I get a break for a few days.

DarkArtist
12-06-2006, 02:36 PM
Nada.........Zilch............Nothing. it's been a bad week so far. here's hoping Santa brings me some new figures this Christmas.

JediTricks
12-06-2006, 03:55 PM
Someone at work told me that he found the Classic Grimlock and on the back it had Astrotrain's name listed under Jetfire. Just giving you guys a heads up on this error/variant(I know only if it is corrected)Yes, that is what it says, it's an error but not a variant since at this point there has been no correction.

LTBasker
12-06-2006, 05:06 PM
Birthday haulage-

Black/onyx DS Lite
Mario Kart DS
Super Mario Bros. DS
Superman II: Richard Donner cut
DC Superheroes Brainiac x2
Cake
Ice Cream

General_Grievous
12-06-2006, 05:07 PM
Nice haul...especially those last two. Happy birthday. :)

Kidhuman
12-07-2006, 09:44 AM
Found a new Titanium today.

What'd he say his name was?

GALVATRON!!

Was it the 3" or the 6" line?

El Chuxter
12-07-2006, 12:10 PM
3". They had the new Prime, too, but I can slap some random black paint on the one I have if I feel the need for a "battle-damaged" one. :rolleyes:

Kidhuman
12-07-2006, 02:46 PM
I have had the Galvatron for awhile now, I thought you found it long ago.

JetsAndHeels
12-07-2006, 05:36 PM
Today I hauled in a box of Topps Heritage football and a superman tin full of popcorn!!

DarkArtist
12-08-2006, 10:13 AM
was able to get the Japanese version of the POTF Jedi Spirits the other day. also ordered a resin hard copy of the figures as well. also, according to my wife, I will be getting some toys this Christmas so we'll see what happens.

JediTricks
12-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Digital Concepts 21-in-1 Card Reader - I got sick of transferring my files into the computer via direct connection, wastes my camera batteries, so I got this thing instead for $20. Nice little item, works well so far. Cord is a bit short but it's a standard small-to-USB cord so it works with the cord that came with my camera. Looks a bit cheap but I've seen uglier, bays remain exposed which I'm not so thrilled about, and instructions are non-existant - luckily it's plug-n-play on my XP system so it's easy.

Transformers Classics Dinobot Minicon Team - decent minicon set, each figure has something clever going on which I like, even if none of the figures are perfect. Even better, each one has a transformation scheme like I've never seen before in any Transformer, so that's nifty. Prelim Grade: B

Transformers Classics Destruction Minicon Team - a tank with 2 construction vehicles is silly, but taking the team aspect out it's an ok set. Each has a unique tranformation aspect, but the tank guy while interesting is also bizarre and can barely stand. I do like the dump truck guy though. Prelim Grade: C+

Transformers Classics Jetfire - among the top entries in this short line, Jetfire has a lot of toy to offer even if he's not totally perfect. The homage is fantastic but he's also cool on his own. Removable armor is great, FASTpacks and the removable helmet work just right. Great fig overall, the only things holding it back are the exposed fists in vehicle mode, a lack of bicep and thigh swivels, and the cockpit front of the bot chest not locking into place. Very very cool though. Prelim Grade: A-

was able to get the Japanese version of the POTF Jedi Spirits the other day. also ordered a resin hard copy of the figures as well. also, according to my wife, I will be getting some toys this Christmas so we'll see what happens.The Japanese ones, those are the clearer versions, right? If so, those looked great, way better than the Kelloggs Frosted Mini Ghosts we got.

figrin bran
12-08-2006, 09:48 PM
Today I hauled in a box of Topps Heritage football and a superman tin full of popcorn!!

did ya pull any Maurice Drew's for me? :p

i got my Saga Wave 8 from EE as well as a JLU animated Vigilante from a collector on another board.

JetsAndHeels
12-09-2006, 06:18 PM
FB, I didn't pull any of him yesterday but I still have the ones for you in a pile. Any others I get are yours too.

Yesterday's pickups (had internet issues yesterday):

Pair of Superman Returns boxers (who hooo)
UNC Tobogan
Hot wheels 2 pack Superman vs. Lex Luthor cars

figrin bran
12-09-2006, 07:32 PM
Heels, i pulled a great card for you today! a Bowman JJ Redick jersey!!! i know you're dying to add it to your collection :p

today's hauls:

TF Classics Mirage
JLU animated Vigilante and Orion
Bowman Basketball, Turkey Red blaster boxes
POTC Barbosa and Movie 3 sneak preview Elizabeth Swann

JetsAndHeels
12-09-2006, 07:47 PM
Heels, i pulled a great card for you today! a Bowman JJ Redick jersey!!! i know you're dying to add it to your collection :p

I'll take it...I need something to break my new paper shredder in with. :)

Ji'dai
12-09-2006, 07:55 PM
Movie 3 sneak preview Elizabeth Swann Wha-huh? A new Swann figure from Zizzle?

figrin bran
12-09-2006, 08:02 PM
yep Ji'dai! this one you'll definitely want. i don't have a pic right now (maybe you can find 'em on ebay) but it's a new sculpt and basically it's her in a short green asian styled dress. the hat is removable this time and her hair is tied back in a ponytail. the likeness, while not entirely accurate is at least closer than the previous zizzle Swann.

J&H -lol! you do realize those jersey cards are on pretty thick stock and it might damage your shredder! :p

JetsAndHeels
12-09-2006, 08:06 PM
J&H -lol! you do realize those jersey cards are on pretty thick stock and it might damage your shredder! :p

True. I guess I can go outside and throw that bad boy in a wood chipper.

Ji'dai
12-09-2006, 08:06 PM
Dang, I'm way behind on this line already and now they release yet another surprise wave. Thanks for the heads up, fb!

figrin bran
12-09-2006, 08:11 PM
Dang, I'm way behind on this line already and now they release yet another surprise wave. Thanks for the heads up, fb!

go to the zizzle POTC thread and you can see a pic that i got from elsewhere of the Swann figure. the pic's not that great so you'll just have to take my word that this is one of zizzle's best figures to date.

LTBasker
12-09-2006, 08:36 PM
Went to wal-mart this morning and was shocked to actually see some new stock! Well not new-new, all the figures are "old" but very surprisingly a variant case of the ML Sentinel series showed up.

So haulage:
2x Death Star Gunner with Stormtrooper hologram
1x Marvel Legends Series 10 Cyclops X-Factor variant
1x Marvel Legends Series 10 Angel X-Factor variant

jedi master sal
12-10-2006, 06:14 PM
I got a great surprise last night.

I was on another site I frequent and they had a link for the Republic Commando Maquette on ShopStarwars.com.

I was looking at it drooling as I've been wanting this piece for sometime and thought I'd never have the chance. Well I knew I couldn't afford it, so I resigned myself to just drooling.

About that time my fiancee passes by and sees what I was looking at. She asked if I wanted it and of course I said yes, but knew we couldn't afford it.

Well! Lo' and behld she says to go and order it on her card. I ask how can we do this and she said she just got a small increase in her credit limit.

SWEET! So I ordered it and with all hopes it will be here before I go on Christmas break (as I am having it shipped to my work address).

Sorry I didn't post sooner about this, btu I was a bit overcome. Then today was too dang busy to post until now. Anyway, I think it's sold out, but you can try here (it's limited to only 500 of the color versions so get it now):
http://shop.starwars.com/search/?keywords1=republic+commando+maquette&method=and&x=0&y=0

Yeah, it's expensive at $299 (+$30 shipping), but dang for such an ultra rare collectible and one I REALLY wanted, it's worth it to me.

Post if you get this too! (or already have it, whether it be the limited edition 400 of the bronze of the 500 run of color)

-Sal

figrin bran
12-10-2006, 08:38 PM
Transformers Classics Grimlock
Cars Brand New Mater, Dirt Track McQueen

Kidhuman
12-10-2006, 08:59 PM
Picked up a 3 ft. Christmas tree at WM to make my SW ornament tree.

JediTricks
12-12-2006, 05:17 PM
DC Superheroes Lex Luthor - this is a good likeness of classic Lex, a little older and broader than what we've been seeing lately from other media. The outfit is essentially his 1980s armor, he's a little bulkier and it's not so cheesy looking as its debut, the design looks good all around though it does limit movement, less articulation than it could, is a bit preposed in the arms, and posing some and the feet are a dead cheat by having no ankle above them if you look carefully. Lex comes with a small sci-fi blaster, it looks like nothing special and doesn't fit for crap in his right hand, but fits ok in his left; Lex also comes with a small chunk of kryptonite, it actually is sculpted to fit in the top of the blaster which makes both pieces look better than they do separately. Pack-in comic is a Supergirl title, WTF indeed! Pretty decent figure with some notable flaws but nothing too dooming. Grade: B

LEGO Bionicle Axonn - I don't think I've ever seen a numbered-bag build for a $20 LEGO set before, this is a first, and in hindsight I should have just dumped all the parts at once. I've been eyeing this figure all year, that big axe really impressed me and his neo-knight armor looked great. All built, he's not that much bigger than a regular Bionicle but he's beefed up in the limbs, has huge hands and feet, individual fingers, and has a nifty gimmick with the ankle pistons. The head isn't quite as impressive as I'd hoped, the eyes aren't close enough to the mask and in normal light they're a dull yellow, under flashlight they finally burst a sweet yellow-green but too much work. The axe is awesome and as tall as he is, the way it plugs into the hands makes it work great, and it can also be plugged onto his back. The chest armor gets in the way of a few poses, but the real limitations are the ball joints which are just too weak to hold the arms up, even the new joint cups for the hips with rubber lining don't do much to help the legs. Overall, his look is pretty nifty and he can strike some great poses, the weak joints and the fact that he's not way bigger do lower the score some, but the giant axe really steals the show. Grade: B

Kidhuman
12-12-2006, 07:11 PM
Holo Cody - has articulation, grade B

SBD - Camouflaged for sneak attack. Grade A-

Battle Droid 2 pack, see above

Fifth Fleet security - its a clone A+

442nd Batallion Clone - see above

Price - 1.76 each - grade A++++++++++++++++

jedi master sal
12-14-2006, 04:01 PM
Holo Cody - has articulation, grade B

SBD - Camouflaged for sneak attack. Grade A-

Battle Droid 2 pack, see above

Fifth Fleet security - its a clone A+

442nd Batallion Clone - see above

Price - 1.76 each - grade A++++++++++++++++

WTH? How did you manage that?

And can you hook me up??

Kidhuman
12-14-2006, 05:33 PM
unfortuneatly i cant anymore Sal. They changed the prices back to normal when I went the next day.

figrin bran
12-15-2006, 10:44 AM
from kaybeetoys.com

TF Classics Jetfire
Mcfarlane NBA Legends Earvin Johnson

Kidhuman
12-15-2006, 11:02 AM
Picked up over the last 2 days.....

Titaniums
JSF with hyperspace ring
Maul on speeder
Anakins Black JSF

Figures

Gonk droid
Rj droid from the new wave

Rogue II
12-15-2006, 11:40 AM
I found the white Endor Rebel at an Albertson's (grocery store) of all places. His backpack stays on better than I expected. This is my first Star Wars purchase since I found the Ewok/C-3PO Endor wave a couple months ago. Still need the black Endor Troop and Endore Luke from that wave.

Kidhuman
12-15-2006, 02:22 PM
Bot a Boba Fett and Leia Boushhh today

JediTricks
12-15-2006, 07:17 PM
LEGO 7235 Police Motorcycle - been eyeing this one for a while now, finally picked it up. Set has some charm, looks good with elements added on and rider going, but is an awful LEGO set by itself since it's almost all of the bike is 2 large prefab pieces with very few places to actually build anything. Plus, once the rider's off the bike, it becomes abundantly clear that the bike is HUGE - taller than the rider and 5 studs wide. Grade: C

VTSC George Lucas Stormtrooper - I had totally written this thing off as never appearing, it took 2 months after the check was cashed to get here. The mailer box got very wet, the actual card protector inside appears to have done it's job, and luckily I saved the mailer box from my first one so I'm happy.

Sideshow 12" Darth Maul Inclusive Edition - my initial feelings are ones of mild disappointment, he's a good-looking figure with great range of motion, but there are some built-in problems and QC issues which really take away from the experience. If I were grading him, I'd probably give it a B- which is not so good for this line, but I'm going to hold off grading him for now.

LEGO 8420 Street Bike - I've been eyeing this set for a year and a half, I actually asked for it for last year's xmas and this year's birthday but no dice, the $50 pricetag may have been the deterant (it certainly was when risking my own funds). Finally I see one at TRU in the clearance area, great looking box, and it rings up for just $5 - sold!!! Set took me a while to build even though it's done in 2 numbered bags, there were just a lot of sub-steps and sub-sub-steps which slowed me down, plus LEGO instructions with black pieces have become very difficult to see. I wish I had started with the alternate build because I wanted to see it in person but I really don't want to take apart the main model for now. Main model ends up being a very nice bright red superbike with single arm design for the front and rear. Drivetrain is a small chain drive in the rear swingarm which leads to, of all things, a u-joint that plugs into the motor and drives its 4 cylinders. Steering is very tight and operates independently of the faring. The main gimmick of the bike is the large spring shock for the rear swingarm, it's a new design and features an adjustable spring tension - turn the upper collar and the spring's travel gets shorter, it's pretty cool and makes a HUGE difference in the supsension (never tight though, but a difference between that and the mushy lower setting). Another main feature is the faring aesthetics, I wish they had filled in some of the interiors of the side pieces a bit, and it does clash with skeletal areas like the frame of the non-existant gastank, but overall I'm quite impressed. There are a few other nifty touches, like the clear windshield and how they did the simple hand controls. The bike is way larger than I expected, nearly 1/6th scale, which does lead to some areas that aren't structurally golden, but it's generally solid and looks great being pushed around the floor. Grade: A-

Ji'dai
12-15-2006, 08:52 PM
Picked up LEGO set 4767 Harry and the Hungarian Horntail (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4767) in the clearance aisle at K-Mart for $12 today. Originally priced at $30, this set features everyone's favorite Tri-Wizard Champion in his face-off with the dragon from Goblet of Fire. The mini-figures include Harry with his Firebolt, peg-legged Mad-Eye Moody, and Professor Dumbledore. The building here is fairly non-existant with several BURPS recreating the rocky arena and forming the basis for the viewing stand. I'm not sure it's even worth what I paid for it, but it did allow me to add a couple of my favorite characters to my small HP mini-fig collection.

Blue2th
12-15-2006, 11:21 PM
Found two of the new Comic 2-packs at TRU yesterday. Han in blue highlights Stormtrooper diquise/ Chewey-monkey, and Vader with blue highlights and green Interogator Droid/ Rebel Officer. Didn't see the other Grand Moff and Stormtrooper. At $10.99 a piece, that's two figs and a comic book. Not a bad price, and these are unique and oddball enough to excite me. I do want to rip them open and read the comic and display the figs with my EU characters.

bobafrett
12-16-2006, 05:03 PM
Purchased the Black Endor trooper. Found him at KayBee toys for $6.99. Was going to pass, but Wal-Mart isn't much cheaper.

JetsAndHeels
12-16-2006, 05:13 PM
Yesterday's Hauls:

2007 Superman Returns Calendar
Couple of new Superman comics
Jets matchbox car w/ Jonathan Vilma card

Today's Hauls:
6 packs of Topps Heritage Football
Pack of Ultra Pro card pages
Superman Christmas Ornament

kool-aid killer
12-16-2006, 05:45 PM
I picked up Peter and Susan from the Chronicles of Narnia action figure line. These werent the crappy toys that were available at retail stores, these come from the Disneystore. Very nice looking figures, as if they were from Toybiz's LOTR line. I had been wanting them since i first seen them on the internet, i wasnt aware that they sold them at Disney stores. I first seen them about a month ago, but it wasnt until today that i grabbed any. Theres four others left i need to get: the other two children, the lion, and the witch. These dont seem to be very popular (their price isnt very endearing) so i dont think they will be hard to pick up later on.

El Chuxter
12-16-2006, 10:06 PM
O'er the past few days:

Variant Punisher/Jigsaw
Variant Iron Man War Machine/Mandarin
Titanium Hot Rodimus
Titanium Thundercracker
Taylor Hicks' CD. . . 'cause the boy's got possibilities! :crazed:

figrin bran
12-16-2006, 10:12 PM
kool-aid killer, i've had those Narnia figures for a year now

today i bought:

5th Fleet Clone, Siege Clone
JLU Huntress 3 pack
Bowman Basketball packs
Cars Dirt Track McQueen, Chick Hicks
TF Classics Dinobots mini cons
McFarlane NFL Larry Johnson and Steve Smith

Rocketboy
12-17-2006, 10:13 AM
Talladega Nights
New Star Wars Insider
Juxtapoz magazine
The Final Solution by Michael Chabon

kool-aid killer
12-17-2006, 06:45 PM
kool-aid killer, i've had those Narnia figures for a year now

Cool. Glad to see someone else thinks they are nice.

Today i picked up three new Avatar the Last Airbender action figures. These just came out recently, and i found them without going out specifically looking for them, so thats always cool. I found:

War Paint Sokka
Admiral Zhao
King Bumi

All three came from the second series, Water Series, on the new card.

figrin bran
12-17-2006, 06:54 PM
kool-aid killer, i don't know if you've opened up those Disney Store Narnia figures but as you said, they really are comparable to Toybiz LOTR figures. the only drawback is that the accessories can be on the cheap side. the string on susan's bow came off rather easily.

today i bought the McFarlane Lost Hatch set, a sandtrooper, Galactic Heroes scout trooper

JediTricks
12-18-2006, 02:38 PM
TSC Black Endor Rebel Soldier - decent variant, though the helmet doesn't fit quite straight and I hate that his only weapon is a pistol (which still doesn't fit in the holster), and even more trouble with the backpack peg than the white guy's. Still, nice to have more Endor Rebels, but this is the last one I buy with old body parts.

TSC Dud Bolt/Mars Guo - I figured since I had all the previous podracers, might as well since they were right there for the taking - I wouldn't seek them out though. Sculpts are decent, paint is a bit loud and glossy but does an acceptable job, each has adequate articulation, and each has a removable set of goggles (but beware on this, read on). Mars Guo has Durge's pistol while Dud Bolt comes with Durge's rifle - I guess they mugged him or something. Dud Bolt however was the first figure I've had break in quite some time, I noticed his chin strap was in his mouth rather than on his chin, I removed the helmet then removed the ball-jointed head and re-applied the helmet (it's just easier since the front of his head is so large) putting the strap over his chin - it's even cupped for this - but the chinstrap is too short and it broke where the strap meets the cup. Grade: B-

Transformers:Classics Night Rescue Minicon Team - awful names (Strongarm, Firebot, and Divebomb) and nice to semi-decent vehicle modes can't hide this set's shame. Each bot mode is worse than the last, little to no articulation, odd proportions, bizarre builds, and instability. Of them, only Divebomb is an idea I'd like to see taken to a larger scale, it'd also give it real articulation. This set is so bad it's comical, not like "buy this 'cause it's funny" but "ha ha, who would make toys this bad?". Grade: D

Rogue II
12-20-2006, 05:54 PM
My company doesn't give annual bonuses, but today, I hauled in a 4.3% raise for next year.

Jayspawn
12-20-2006, 06:42 PM
Here's my load for the month

- Vintage Luke Skywalker Endor Battle Gear
- Chewbacca Minibust
- C-3PO Exclusive AOTC Minibust
- Ertl Millennium Falcon Model Kit
- Samuel L. Jackson SIGNED 8x10 photo from OfficialPix
- Tom Kane SIGNED Clone Wars 8x10 photo from OfficialPix
- Alan Harris SIGNED 8x10 photo recieved in the mail
- Christmas items I've not opened yet! Woohoo!

Slicker
12-20-2006, 07:49 PM
I'm about to haul my arse (along with Christmas presents and and a crap ton of SW stuff for my storage garage) to Michigan for Christmas. I leave at 4 tomorrow and won't be back in VA until the Saturday after this one.

Try not to miss me too much...

Ji'dai
12-22-2006, 05:12 PM
Titanium Endor AT-AT - I have four of the Hoth version for a mini-desktop-diorama and finally caved today and bought the Endor repaint. Cool toy for a small space.

Futurama Vol. 4 - Finally, my Futurama collection is complete! I've long put off getting this set, thinking I might get it as a gift. Saw it today at Wal-Mart for $20 and decided to get it. Still haven't seen many episodes from this season even though Cartoon Network plays them all the time.

JediTricks
12-22-2006, 05:42 PM
Texas Hold'em Poker for Game Boy Advance - on clearance at TRU for $7, not even worth that though. No save feature, only an 18-digit-long password to move on to the next round in career mode, AI isn't particularly good. Grade: C-

GI Joe Sigma 6 Mission Scale Cobra HISS - some interesting ideas but nothing really exciting. The gimmick is that the cockpit raises up and the vehicle can be configured a few different ways. There's a opening rear door, the sides of the rear section open, and in the center is a gunner turret with removable machine guns and big missile launchers; A second set of missile launchers snaps into the sides of the tank. The rear section is removable to form a small armored wall, the turret has fold-down feet to become a stand-alone gunner station, the back door is removable, there are rails inside the bed of the tank to suggest carrying troops. The figures are Cobra Commander pointing and holding a cobra staff, and a generic white Cobra pilot with a big hoarkin' cannon attached to his hand - neither are all that condusive to play or fit well in the vehicle though. Lots of mounting points, including small ones for guns and flag, but some seem very poorly thought-out. A medium amount of stickers, and it does kinda need them with its rather minimal paintjob. Not a bad set, but not a great set either. Grade: C+/B-

Kidhuman
12-23-2006, 12:02 PM
Picked up the Hailfire Droid.

Ji'dai
12-23-2006, 07:01 PM
Bought the LEGO AT-ST and General Grievous Starfighter today, plus got 10% off the bricks in K-Mart's sale. Also picked up the Spongebob Krusty Krab set. Won't have time to build until after the holidays and it's killing me...

figrin bran
12-23-2006, 07:33 PM
Lego Battle Droids Pack 7654

MR Anakin Force FX lightsaber

MR .45 scale Yoda saber

and just like that, the holiday bonus i got is almost gone :p

bobafrett
12-25-2006, 12:33 AM
Picked up all three comic book figure sets

The tin packs for episodes I, II, III and V.

The Jedi vs. Darth Sedious battle pack

Bought with my Christmas bonus money from Nancy's pizza.

figrin bran
12-26-2006, 08:57 PM
Titanium 3" Galvatron
McFarlane NBA Legends Jerry West
Veronica Mars season 2

kool-aid killer
12-26-2006, 10:55 PM
Just got back from a Walmart, and i came home with an AAT and Avatar the Last Airbender action figure, water vortex Aang.

figrin bran
12-26-2006, 11:00 PM
Hey kool aid killer,
I heard that the Narnia figures from the Disney Store are on sale for $4.99 now.

kool-aid killer
12-27-2006, 10:54 AM
Nice. I have to head to work in a couple of hours so i probably wont be able to head out to the mall that has them (isnt it my luck too, the only one that has them is the one that is furthest away from me) today, but maybe i can recruit a family member to. Thanks.

Rogue II
12-27-2006, 11:12 AM
Grabbed Enter The Dragon and Strange Brew from the $4.88 bin at Walmart.

Kidhuman
12-27-2006, 08:00 PM
Nice pick ups R2.

kool-aid killer
12-28-2006, 01:47 PM
Hey kool aid killer,
I heard that the Narnia figures from the Disney Store are on sale for $4.99 now.

Thanks to figrin brans tip, i went out to the lone Disney store in my area that sells the Chronicles of Narnia toys and picked up the remaining four (Edmund, Lucy, White Witch, and Aslan) figures that i needed on sale. Thanks bran, i wouldnt have thought of heading out that way had it not been for you. Nice looking figures, they are way better than the ones that hit retail chains.

Went to a Target afterwards, and picked up my first Legos: Vladek's Dark Fortress from the Knights Kingdom line. It was marked down to $25 dollars from $100, and having always wanted the old line of Lego knights when i was a little kid (i never had any) i jumped at it. Now i just need to find somewhere to build it on and put it at. :love:

figrin bran
12-28-2006, 09:18 PM
I'm glad i could help, kool-aid killer. it was actually my sister that passed the tip onto me and i haven't actually gone to the disney store myself to get the ones that i'm missing.

bobafrett
12-28-2006, 09:46 PM
Picked up the followingt Titaniums:

Wedges X-Wing

ARC-170 with new paint (not sure if there are more than two different of these)

Amidala's Star Skiff

Vader's Sith Starfighter

AT-ST

Rebel Blockade Runner

kool-aid killer
12-29-2006, 03:08 PM
Picked up the basic Prince Zuko figure from the Avatar toy line today.

Couldnt find any cool looking Lego dudes for my new castle, im going to start checking out prices on ebay.

Blue2th
12-29-2006, 05:34 PM
Bought four of the new 32X Ultimate Soldier 21st Century Toys Messershmitt Bf-109 G's or F's. Only available at Walmart or online stores for considerably more. These are highly detailed WWII German Fighter planes. Each one has a different camo scheme. It also says on the box who flew the plane, where and how many "kills" they had which is new for these planes. You have to buy the Swastika's for the tail separately, as you can't buy Nazi stuff on "toys" Though I buy the huge ones too, they are less plentful, and these smaller ones are easier to display.

figrin bran
12-29-2006, 09:48 PM
i just picked up 3 MR mini sabers - Obi Wan, Anakin and Vader from Frys/outpost.com

LTBasker
12-30-2006, 02:16 PM
Mini-haul today:

Titanium Anakin's CW Jedi Starfighter x1
Titanium Vader's Sith Starfighter x1

Also saw the Titanium Maul and sith speeder but didn't grab it, I hope it won't turn out to be a mistake.

You have to buy the Swastika's for the tail separately, as you can't buy Nazi stuff on "toys"

Yeah, it's quite sad people make a big deal about stuff like that being sold in stores, even Plan B Toys got tons of backlash for their German soldiers in the WW2 line and had to recall them from stores years ago. Ironically however, Dinsey was able to sell a German soldier in their Indiana Jones line with a Swastika on the case that came with him and there was never anything said about it. :crazed:

figrin bran
12-30-2006, 07:41 PM
Endor Rebel Soldier
Holo Darth Maul
JLU Unlimited Huntress and Shade
Cars Woody/Buzz Lightyear
Disney Store Narnia Aslan and Susan for $3.74 each
Cybertron Soundwave on clearance at target

Blue2th
12-30-2006, 09:22 PM
Yeah, it's quite sad people make a big deal about stuff like that being sold in stores, even Plan B Toys got tons of backlash for their German soldiers in the WW2 line and had to recall them from stores years ago. Ironically however, Dinsey was able to sell a German soldier in their Indiana Jones line with a Swastika on the case that came with him and there was never anything said about it. :crazed:
Never got any of those Indiana Jones toys, though I wish I would've. I did manage to find a die-cast 1:18 Mecedes staff car excactly like the one in the movie though recently.
Yeah at least minus the swastika, the planes are historically acurate. Funny as with my Star Wars toys, even WWII toys have plenty of re-paints to chose from. The profit margins have to be better for these toy companies though. They don't have to worry about new sculpts. Unlike Star Wars /George Lucas, there's nobody in the Third Riech to pay royalties to.:ninja:

Phantom-like Menace
12-30-2006, 11:51 PM
I got a haul that made me smile today.

Two 5th Fleet Security clones

One 442nd Siege Battalion clone

The black R5 astromech (R5-J2?) at TRU.

Of course I went out for RTV rubber mold supplies only to find my local hobby shop was out, but that gave me an excuse to try ordering a competitor's product on-line.

Couldnt find any cool looking Lego dudes for my new castle, im going to start checking out prices on ebay.

I don't know if the figures qualify as cool looking, but I bought the Battle at the Pass set for my brother for Christmas. He's army building Lego castle figures, and I noticed that set has ten knights--more than any other set I could find--and runs for about forty dollars. I wouldn't necessarily suggest buying multiples for the sole purpose of army building, but it gives you a good number of knights to start with and another structure.

Kidhuman
12-31-2006, 12:01 AM
Titanium Endor AT-AT and AT-ST

kool-aid killer
12-31-2006, 01:55 PM
I got a haul that made me smile today.

Two 5th Fleet Security clones

One 442nd Siege Battalion clone

The black R5 astromech (R5-J2?) at TRU.

Of course I went out for RTV rubber mold supplies only to find my local hobby shop was out, but that gave me an excuse to try ordering a competitor's product on-line.

I don't know if the figures qualify as cool looking, but I bought the Battle at the Pass set for my brother for Christmas. He's army building Lego castle figures, and I noticed that set has ten knights--more than any other set I could find--and runs for about forty dollars. I wouldn't necessarily suggest buying multiples for the sole purpose of army building, but it gives you a good number of knights to start with and another structure.

I just took a look at that set on ebay, the castle isnt anything special but its got a decent amount of dudes. Im going to look around the local toy stores and see what all theyve got.

Just got back from a Target, picked up the "Rogue Knight Battleship" Lego set. Three knights, a little outpost, and a boat come in it.