PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Vehicle/Ship FINAL run-off poll!

jedi master sal
12-04-2006, 08:30 AM
This is the fourth and final run-off poll to the third run-off poll of 5 as yet unproduced vehicles/ships from the movies. Only vehicle and ships in the moveis were considered. There may be a poll in the future for EU vehicles and ships.

Same rules apply as previous polls with exception that you many now vote for only up to 1 vehicle or ship. This poll will close Sunday December 10 at 4pm.

Now here are the 2 to choose from:

•All Terrain Tactical Enforcer (AT-TE walker)
•sail barge

Any registered member of SSG may vote, again you may only have ONE list in this thread. If you wish to change your list before the poll closes, please edit your first post. If there is a glitch and you can't edit your post, PM me with your new list and I will change it for you.

jedi master sal
12-04-2006, 08:34 AM
Well it came down to two powerhouses, one for each trilogy!

The ever popular AT-TE in all it's six legged glory. We NEED a vehicle for our clones to rally around and defeat the Seperatist!

The Sail barge an excellent choice to represent the OT. While this would no doubt be undescaled for toy release, it would make an excellent playset/vehicle combo. Plenty of room for well...rooms.

Both have excellent play value.

While this is a no brainer for me, still I WANT TO SEE BOTH OF THESE MADE.

But my choice ultimately comes to the vehicle that would be bought more in quantity than the other and also has a possibility for repaints which Hasbro is want to. So I choose the AT-TE!

Once again thanks to all who participated in any of the polls. This info, however of a small demographic of the collecting market will be forwarded onto Hasbro for them to do with what the wish.

-Sal

dindae
12-04-2006, 08:48 AM
Well I'm not surprised at all that it came down to these two. While an AT-TE would be awsome I'm going to have to vote for the Sail Barge.

pegger
12-04-2006, 09:01 AM
AT-TE...They NEED to make this sucker.

El Chuxter
12-04-2006, 09:38 AM
This is painful. AT-TE.

Slicker
12-04-2006, 09:56 AM
I'm gonna vote for the AT-TE based mostly on play value. You can move the legs and make the AT-TE look like it's doing something.

Jabba's Barge on the other hand'll just sit on a shelf and do nothing.

DarkArtist
12-04-2006, 10:52 AM
tough decision but my vote goes to the AT-TE

Rogue II
12-04-2006, 10:56 AM
Sail Barge, even though it would be more of a playset than a vehicle.

Battle Droid
12-04-2006, 01:26 PM
AT-TE for me.

Tycho
12-04-2006, 03:36 PM
Sailbarge! - you can display so many different great alien sculpts and most of the heroes in action, plus one of the greatest creature / beast characters, add the two skiffs, and you've got yourself quite a scene!

I want the AT-TE very badly, but it is an invite to repaint city - both for the vehicle, and its principal occupants.

JediTricks
12-04-2006, 05:02 PM
Sail Barge

Kidhuman
12-04-2006, 08:10 PM
Man, my first two votes each time went to these two. I will say Sail Barge though. I have been wanting it for 20 years.

jedi master sal
12-04-2006, 08:12 PM
Man, my first two votes each time went to these two. I will say Sail Barge though. I have been wanting it for 20 years.

Ho HO, and this from the man who said the AT-TE would win....hmmmm

Blue2th
12-04-2006, 09:14 PM
I think the AT-TE is going to be made sooner or later, especially if we see it in the upcoming CGI animated Clone Wars series. I want a Sail-Barge at least as big as a Black-Pearl playset, as was asked in the SSG's Q&A.

El Chuxter
12-04-2006, 10:02 PM
I imagine everyone's having as hard a choice here as I did. I want 'em both.

Kidhuman
12-04-2006, 10:12 PM
Ho HO, and this from the man who said the AT-TE would win....hmmmm

And for now the AT-TE is in the lead. Since I want both, I went with the one that has been held out for the longest.

Tycho
12-05-2006, 12:25 AM
The AT-TE is not in the lead. I counted a tie at 6-6 right now.

I think the AT-TE is going to be made sooner or later, especially if we see it in the upcoming CGI animated Clone Wars series. I want a Sail-Barge at least as big as a Black-Pearl playset, as was asked in the SSG's Q&A.

Exactly. When the Black Pearl was shown at Comic Con, it really ticked me off. Worse, Mark Bradeaux from Hasbro told me where it was, so I could go see it. That meant he'd seen it! (Mark gave us both versions of the X-wing fighter amongst other stuff, as he worked for Kenner nearly 30 years ago and still works for Hasbro to this day - designing a lot of stuff we love.) I know this doesn't mean Mark wouldn't want to make a sail barge (who do you think designed some unproduced Death Star Playsets?), but those that keep him on a leash have thus far prevented it from being developed and marketed.

That pirate ship so ticked me off! It's a great playset / vehicle for POTC and it was offered at an incredible price (I think it was $58 at Wal-Mart!). It seems to have come and went from the retailers, which is a shame as it would make an excellent Christmas / Hannukah gift for many kids. And while I've never seen either POTC movie, that set made me want to - so I could recognize and possibly buy all that crap and set up a battle on the ship, etc.

But I came to my senses and recognized that I am a STAR WARS FAN, and exactly what I'd need to be central to my own collection in the likes of a ship / playset like this - and it's without a doubt Jabba's Sailbarge.

Marketed with timing in syncronicity with figures like we just saw in the Saga2 Carkoon Wave, this would seem like a no-brainer. I'm sure the bean-counters at Hasbro do some research on what would be the possible sales forecasts with an item like this. I do wish they'd share so that the fans could help work things out - such as online exclusiveness, or whatever it takes.

Kenner veterans are employed at Zizzle now. The same darn people who helped design a lot of our favorite vintage stuff. You'd think they made the right career move!

Phantom-like Menace
12-05-2006, 06:42 AM
•All Terrain Tactical Enforcer (AT-TE walker)

jedi master sal
12-05-2006, 01:30 PM
Marketed with timing in syncronicity with figures like we just saw in the Saga2 Carkoon Wave, this would seem like a no-brainer. I'm sure the bean-counters at Hasbro do some research on what would be the possible sales forecasts with an item like this.

Hmm, so with the rerelease of the SA AOTC clones and officers, PLUS the 2-pack battle droids...hmmm, makes you wonder if we MIGHT just be getting an AT-TE doesn't it.....

Oh and I take it from your post that you are voting for the Sail Barge, yes?

JediTricks
12-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Tycho, the Black Pearl is back at Toys R Us, they have a bunch of 'em at the stores I've been to. It's on my xmas list so I was really glad to see it was findable.

I've already voted, but my argument for the Sail Barge is that it is the site of a significant battle in the lives of the OT characters - we have all the aliens on board, Jabba the Hutt, R2's heroics, Leia killing everybody by firing the main gun, Boba Fett (despite his crappy demise), the core Max Rebo band, Dengar and I believe Bossk, the heroes' skiff taking fire from the barge, and Luke Skywalker's triumphant showing as a true Jedi. Plus, the thing is in the movie for a while, not just a few seconds the way the AT-TE is.

Devo
12-05-2006, 03:58 PM
Sailbarge

OT stuff over PT stuff given the choice.

Tycho
12-05-2006, 04:57 PM
Great post JediTricks, and YES, Sal, I'm voting for the Sailbarge!

DarthBrandon
12-05-2006, 05:28 PM
Both, but my vote goes to AT-TE (check my sig):D

mark2d2
12-10-2006, 01:31 AM
Gotta go with the OT here all the way. SAIL BARGE. Hands down. This would be so dang cool to see after all these years. . .

jedi master sal
12-10-2006, 07:02 PM
Whew, by a slim margin the AT-TE WINS at 9 votes to the Sail Barge's 7.

Wow, that was close.

Okay so this all was a small poll on just our site, but I'm still going to submit the info to Hasbro.

Thanks everyone for voting.

Now if this poll were taken into consideration like the figure poll was, you know we'd be getting both the AT-TE and Sail Barge, not to mention a some if not all from the previous round.

Here's hoping! Again, thanks to those who participated.

Respectfully,
-Sal

Tycho
12-10-2006, 07:41 PM
Unfortunately for us Sailbarge fans (but I'd so buy an AT-TE as soon as I could get one!), I'd predict the AT-TE would clean house on a non-forum posting poll (one where you just voted multiple choice).

It's a war machine and one of the much-loved walker types.

That being said, I still think that (with a lot of credit due Zizzle's Black Pearl that all toy collectors are now familiar with), the Sailbarge would come in at No. 2 anyway as an extremely strong contender.

We had a very small sample of forumites voting here Sal, but I think the poll was very well representative of what you'd find across the larger fandom.

Given 2 poll chances, these would be it exactly. I know the Cloud Car is wanted (3 of them for myself actually), but you can go on eBay for a vintage if it's that urgent. You can't do that for the barge or AT-TE.

Nice job proving it!

jedi master sal
12-10-2006, 09:24 PM
Thanks Tycho.

Yes, while there was a relatively small vote count, I agree that it's a decent cross section of what we'd see on a larger scale.

Maybe just maybe, SSG can get this poll, if Hasbro is willing to respond.