PDA

View Full Version : Saga Legends 2007

DarkArtist
12-04-2006, 08:32 AM
Over at Rebelscum they have the line up for the Saga Legends 2007 assortment they are:

Darth Vader: 500th Empire Figure
Darth Maul : pack in from the EP 1 Sith Speeder
Yoda: Episode III
R2-D2: Episode III
General Grievous: Four Lightsaber Attack
C-3PO: the one from the battle droid two-pack
Clone Trooper: #41
Shock Trooper
Red Battle Droid: from c-3po/ droid two pack
SA Clone Trooper: from EE Troop Builder
Boba Fett: VOTC
Red Leader Obi Wan: ROTS
Chewbacca: Cloud City Capture
Anakin Skywalker: ROTS with lightsaber attack
Saesee Tinn: ROTS
Destroyer Droid: Saga Edition
501st Clone Trooper: SA VERSION
Princess Leia: Boushh
Evolutions Sandtrooper: extreme dirty version
Pit Droids 2-pack
Imperial Officers
Evolutions Grey Clone Commander
SA Clone Commanders: all four colors
Biker Scout: VOTC
TC-14
RA-7
R4-I9
so basically the voting was just to name the #1 choice which was the DarkTrooper. RA-7 and the SA 501st seem great additions to the line-up though

dindae
12-04-2006, 09:07 AM
Well these are the only figures I will pick up from this line but it is still more then most repack lines.

Red Battle Droid: from c-3po/ droid two pack - being 2 packs I may just load up on these probably at least five of each color.
501st Clone Trooper: SA VERSION - at least three probably more
Pit Droids 2-pack - all three version

Blue2th
12-04-2006, 09:15 AM
(No Ep.1 Amidala Battle, R2-B1, Sio Bibble?) Didn't Hasbro say in the Q&A there were going to be 4 waves? Isn't that 2 more than GB and HV combined? If so looks like I'll get a break from collecting (again) As I have most of these carded and loose. The only ones I could use more of is the red Battle Droids for Genosian and Clone Wars scenes. Possibly some multiples of Pit Droids.

El Chuxter
12-04-2006, 09:40 AM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

Slicker
12-04-2006, 09:55 AM
I love that the Dark Trooper won.

I can't wait to hear the complaining from fan boys about the utter lack articulation on it. This is gonna be sooo grand it's not even funny...unless Hasbro makes an entirely new one to appease the fan boys.:rolleyes:

Now these kids'll see how things were when in the 2nd beginning and realize that they're spoiled now.

JON9000
12-04-2006, 11:10 AM
I think this is a great line.

Lots of clones for the army builders out there, including the SA AOTC clone and a SA tac ops clone.

Some regularly priced VOTC: Fett and Biker Scout. I would have loved VOTC Han and Chewie to have been in the mix, but I'll live.

RA-7 and TC-14

I'm really happy with the selection and it should sell really well.

pegger
12-04-2006, 12:17 PM
I think this is a great line.

Wha????

The C-3P0 they picked is one of the WORST ones ever...
Ditto for the Maul...
How many Ep. 3 Anikan's do they need to release?
The Destoryer droid they picked also blows...
As does Vader.

Hell, some these have been released 2 x THIS YEAR....

Luckily for me, the only ones I want are the pit droids...

Granted - the clones will sell like hot cakes..but the non-clone choices are mediocre at best.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-04-2006, 12:22 PM
so, wait, this 30th anniversary line, aside from the first wave, is just a bunch of repacks? Am I reading this right? Anybody? Bueller?

kool-aid killer
12-04-2006, 12:41 PM
Looks better than this years Heroes and Villains line up. It will be interesting to see how well these appear to sell in our respective areas, as they have quite a few of the figures from the fan poll. If these peg warm Hasbros going to have proof that Star Wars collectors are a bunch of whiners that wont ever be pleased.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-04-2006, 12:49 PM
Looks better than this years Heroes and Villains line up. It will be interesting to see how well these appear to sell in our respective areas, as they have quite a few of the figures from the fan poll. If these peg warm Hasbros going to have proof that Star Wars collectors are a bunch of whiners that wont ever be pleased.

Yes, cos damn the fans and collectors who demand good products and new products instead of Repacked, rehashed figures!! Damn us! DAMN US ALL TO HELL!!! :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :thumbsup:

jedi master sal
12-04-2006, 01:34 PM
Well, this is about 50/50 with me. You all know I'm goign to go nuts for the troops. SO without further ado, here's what I'm looking to get from this line:

WAVE 1:
ē Clone Trooper (originally ROTS Clone Trooper III-41) X1 for the card
ē Shock Trooper (originally pack-in with TSC Skirmish in the Senate battlepack) X1 for the card
ē Battle Droids (2-pack) (originally pack-in with SAGA Deluxe C-3PO (with Droid Factory Assembly Line) set) Okay this will be hard to quantify how many to get because Iím still a little confused on the variations. Suffice to say I neeplenty more Battle droid. Since they will be two packs that will help. I need about 100 more red and 150 more tan. For the red, I donít care too much the variations. For the tan, Iíll need 50 clean ones. Then for the other 100 tan, they can be a mixture of clean, dirty, etc.
ē Clone Trooper (originally CLONE WARS Clone Trooper 03-50) HOLY SHIITE! Okay, Iím going to be broke next year!! Iíll need at least 80-100 of these.

WAVE 2: Expected on shelf in mid-May
ē 501st Clone Trooper (originally MIA) OMG the long rumored SA version!!! Crap in a hat. Iíll have to tailor back my Appo purchases. Iíll only get about 10 of him instead of 40 and instead get 40 of this SA version! Damn, Iím REALLY going to be broke next year.
ē Sandtrooper (originally part of the Evolutions set) Not a bad sandtrooper. I just donít need to many of them. Iíll get 3-4 and thatís it for this one.

WAVE 3 - Saga Legends Fanís Choice: Expected on shelf in early July
ēPit Droids (2-pack) (originally EPISODE I Bonus Pack-in)Okay with 4 variants here I know Iíll get at least two of each, so thatís eight sets.
ē Imperial Officer (originally POTJ Imperial Officer) I like this figure but it really NEEDS to be retooled for ball joint elbows and at least hinged knees. Iíll get a slight few. maybe two of each variation.
ē Dark Trooper (originally EU Dark Trooper) Whoopiee do, so itís number one. I donít like the articulation on this figure, so Iím not looking to build it. Though Iíll need just a few for my Battlefront set-up. X3-4
ē Clone Commander (originally part of the Evolutions set) YES! I SO anted this one to make it. Looks lilke Iím going to be broke into 2008!!! Iím looking to get about 20-30 of these guys, with most of them being converted to grunts.
ē Clone Trooper Officer (originally part of the Clone Trooper Troop Builder set) Okay this is going to be tough. We are just now starting to see the green show up in stores as part of wave 8 for TSC. I know that I AM going to build these as they would be if in our own real navy. Which means the most of green, then blue then red, then with a scant few yellow. So, Iím going to guess Iíll get 24 green, 12 blue, 6 red and 3 yellow Doing so will break each down to having officers for a company as such: 1 Yellow, 2 Red, 4 Blue and 8 Green. THat will give me officers for three companies of clones. Since Iím going for 100 of these and I have MANY others already, there will be a very good amount of white versions for teh officers to command.

WAVE 4 - Saga Legends Fanís Choice: Expected on shelf in mid-August
ē Biker Scout (originally TSC Vintage VTSC Biker Scout) Okay if at retail price (NOT vintage price), I might pick up a few more, but really, Iím about played out with this one, superior sculpt or not.
ē TC-14 (originally EPISODE I TC-14) While I got lucky to find this at retail, I actually AM glad others will finally get a chance to own one for themselves. I made get 2-3 for fillers, especially the one on Tantive IV and the one in Cloud City.
ē RA-7 (originally pack-in with the OTC Sandcrawler) X2 easy decision here.

If counted right thatís 374 carded figs. (only counting the battle droid 2 packs as one carded fig.)

At $7 each thatís $2618. With 7% tax that brings me to just over $2800. And thatís NOT including the 30th annversary line... Thereís two good army builders in that set too with the Galactic Marine and the Airborn trooper.

Cripes, and I was planning on slowing down... Looks like itís another $6K year for me again. *What with the 30AC and the SL lines. THEN THATíS IT, DAMNIT! maybe...

Gawd, I'm hopeless.
-Sal

DarkArtist
12-04-2006, 01:49 PM
the line has got some good points and bad. i mean the maul is crap, the vader is alright at best, the anakin is overkill, red leader obi wan is decent. I'm excited about the pit droids, the various battle droids, shocktroopers, SA 501st and the RA-7. the rest are if i need bodies for customs. the clones will always sell so I might stock up on those. i already have all three versions of the imperial officers, and four of the darktroopers.

dindae
12-04-2006, 02:00 PM
Sal I think you forgot the cost of the addition you are going to have to make to your house to get the added display space. :D

jedi master sal
12-04-2006, 02:06 PM
Sal I think you forgot the cost of the addition you are going to have to make to your house to get the added display space. :D

Heh, these puppies are going to have to go to storage for the time being....

BUT, some good news for the homefront. Looks lik my paperwork is finally being processed by the gov't for my medical disability claim. THey owe me in back pay, so I could get anywhere bewteen $13K and $26K. Whoo-hoo, that would be a nice down payment on a house and finally a place to set up all of my stuff!

dindae
12-04-2006, 02:13 PM
That's great. I look forward to seeing the displays finally.

Rogue II
12-04-2006, 02:14 PM
I will definately buy:
Boba Fett: VOTC
Red Leader Obi Wan: ROTS
TC-14
RA-7
Imperial Officers

And maybe buy the Evolutions Sandtrooper and Biker Scout.

I can't believe the Dark Trooper won. Never underestimate the power of the fan boy, I guess. Doesn't matter, the few figures I was pulling for in the poll made this list. Too bad it is the 500th Vader instead of the Evolutions Vader. Isn't there enough 500th Vaders on the pegs as it is now?

JON9000
12-04-2006, 02:34 PM
so, wait, this 30th anniversary line, aside from the first wave, is just a bunch of repacks? Am I reading this right? Anybody? Bueller?

I think you are mixed up. The 30th Anniversary Line is separate from the Saga Legends line. The Legends line is by definition straight repacks (other than the Tac Ops clone). If you've got to have a line of repacks, I believe these are pretty darn good, notwithstanding:

Ditto for the Maul...
As does Vader.

Yep, these are dogs. Great line, but not perfect.

Darth Cruel
12-04-2006, 02:51 PM

No - This is a completely separate line. And as such, it should have it's own section.

I had always thought that the EIII Heroes and Villains and the Greatest Battles lines should have had their own sections as well.

Otherwise chaos reigns and we have anarchy.

I am really stoked about this whole line. Even though I see it as a completely unnecessary extra line. All of these could have been added to the TAC line. Silly not to but I don't care. I am too happy about getting some (read: most) of them.

First and foremost...the SA 501st Clone Trooper. A dream-come-true for me. I was streessing that I would have trouble getting Commander Appos to make the 501sts from. Now I no longer have to stress that.

I have abuncha the AOTC SA Clones from EE ( I bought 2 cases) and I will be getting abuncha these as well as I will now be correcting my formations to more accurately depict the size of a clone platoon with it's leaders. The ratio of troops to leaders did not allow for that with the EE troop-builder packs as the officers were packed in equal numbers where should be 1 commander to each 4 Captains, to 16 Lieutenants, to 64 Sergeants to 512 Clone Troopers.

The pit Droids will be a great addition as not only are they great for a good Podrace diorama, but the containers they come with make excellent diorama fill in a great number of scenes.

I am also stoked to get the imperial Commanders. I want more to open to add to my display.

It is looking like I will actually be able to do leaders with all of the troops now.

Way Cool!

kool-aid killer
12-04-2006, 03:04 PM
Yes, cos damn the fans and collectors who demand good products and new products instead of Repacked, rehashed figures!! Damn us! DAMN US ALL TO HELL!!! :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :thumbsup:

I would rather have all new figures myself but the way the line has been shipping products as of late its safe to say repacks are going to be a constant theme. As it stands i think i will probably get only one fourth of these that are slated to come out, and those are only to bulk up my armys. But we had a poll about what figures we wanted to see again and are now getting a shot at those that were selected. Its time to put our money where our mouth is. If collectors really are the ones driving this line we need to show it with our money rather than posting rant after rant about it on the internet. I apologize for my first post in this thread making too much sense for some of you to comprehend.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-04-2006, 03:27 PM
I think you are mixed up. The 30th Anniversary Line is separate from the Saga Legends line. The Legends line is by definition straight repacks (other than the Tac Ops clone). If you've got to have a line of repacks, I believe these are pretty darn good, notwithstanding:

Yep, these are dogs. Great line, but not perfect.

AHHHH, okay. thanks for clearing that up for me. I appreciate it. :)

General_Grievous
12-04-2006, 03:29 PM
What a lame group of Legends...at least we're getting a SA 501st Clone.

Rogue II
12-04-2006, 04:14 PM
What a lame group of Legends...at least we're getting a SA 501st Clone.

It could be worse. They didn't include a Tatooine Luke or Commtech Han. They saved those for the regular line.

JediTricks
12-04-2006, 05:01 PM
I can't wait to hear the complaining from fan boys about the utter lack articulation on it. Actually, a fair complaint would be that it's too short. I have 2 of 'em, and I can't display them with other figures because it just looks ridiculous.

Ditto for the Maul...
As does Vader.

Hell, some these have been released 2 x THIS YEAR....No kidding! 500th Vader, are they trying to release it in 500 different packages? That Maul is ok for his speeder but doesn't even have a lower skirt and the paint & sculpting are hardly the tops. That Ep 3 Anakin sucks each time they release it. Yoda ROTS#03 again? Laaaame! We've seen that electronic R2 enough, time to move on! That Grievous was in the Heroes & Villains packaging as well, still with the wrong paintjob. Saesee Tiin is a total who-cares. I bet once the diehards get their fill of the dumb pack-in pit droids those things are gonna pegwarm HARD. And to me, it's just clone overkill.

Overall, this isn't the absolute worst line, but it's pretty close.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-04-2006, 06:03 PM
This has the obvious crap figures, namely the ones that have already been rereleased this year. However, I am extremely pleased with several of the choices.

*Shock Trooper - I may get two more of these. I already have the two from the Battlepack and two of the inferior basic ones.
*Battle Droids 2-pack - the mold on this one is kind of crappy, but at least they're putting two in a set to more or less make up for it. I'll get each of the variations, and we'll see after that.
*Clone Trooper - OK, holy crap, I will get a ton of these. I missed out on the original release and the EE one, but have one from the Vader carry case from last year. Hopefully they will ship this one in sufficient numbers.
*501st Clone Trooper - now I don't have to worry about getting doubles of Commander Appo. I already have four of the current ones, but I'll get several more due to the better sculpt.
*Sandtrooper - I don't know on this one. I might get it for the Dewback scene.
*Pit Droids - yes, finally. I'll get all the variants, but maybe not the brown/accessory 2 combo.
*Imperial Officers - I'll at least get the one I missed the first time, and maybe more.
*Clone Trooper Officers - sweet, hell yeah! As stated above, I got none of the EE sets, so I will be sure to get these guys.
*Biker Scout - I only have one and will get more, especially for the basic price.
*TC-14 - the one I want the most! I never got her during the Episode I line.

Overall, I feel that this is a pretty strong line (as a compliment to the main line). At least they aren't rereleasing the ones that are choking the hardest right now, like Padmé (no pun intended).

dindae
12-04-2006, 06:08 PM
My predictions

Hot Sellers
SA Clone Commanders: all four colors - I figure the running changes will keep these from staying on the pegs too long
501st Clone Trooper: SA VERSION - first time for this one as an SA
SA Clone Trooper: from EE Troop Builder - been a long time for this and is pretty sought after
Biker Scout: VOTC - the lower price will keep it off the shelves
Red Battle Droid: from c-3po/ droid two pack - the value of the two pack and the running change should keep these moving

OK Sellers
Pit Droids 2-pack - not very exciting but the 4 different version should keep them moving
Boba Fett: VOTC - great figure and the new low low price but how many fetts does one need
Clone Trooper: #41 - I don't think people are saturated on this yet but getting close
Imperial Officers - I don't think the sculpt is as good as it should be but it has been a while and there are three headsculpts
Evolutions Grey Clone Commander - for those that could find the evo pack or wanted more I think it will be good
Evolutions Sandtrooper: extreme dirty version - see above
TC-14 - been a lot of people hoping for this for a lot of year maybe there is a reason really depends on how heavy a rotation it gets
RA-7 - astromech droids people love em again if shortpacked should do ok
R4-I9 -see above

Pegwarmers
Darth Vader: 500th Empire Figure - enough vaders please
Darth Maul : pack in from the EP 1 Sith Speeder - bad version but i may be surprised
Yoda: Episode III again
R2-D2: Episode III eh we may be through the ones on the shelves by then
General Grievous: Four Lightsaber Attack - can see this flying off the shelves but they can replace the ones that should be gone by then
C-3PO:- I would have be happy to see him get a rest next year after the deluge this year
Shock Trooper - This is the only clone I have more of then is actually in the movie and yet they are still warming the pegs around here
Red Leader Obi Wan: ROTS - nice sculpt but enough already
Chewbacca: Cloud City Capture - meh just don't see this flying off the pegs
Anakin Skywalker: ROTS with lightsaber attack - I'm guess he is in here to keep Obi-Wan company
Saesee Tinn: ROTS - I'm assuming this is so he can pilot his ship being released next year.
Destroyer Droid: Saga Edition - not flying off the pegs now but still moving probably borderline
Princess Leia: Boushh - good figure but I think people have had their fill

Rogue II
12-04-2006, 06:22 PM
R4-I9 -see above

RA-7 (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=5472&cat=1289) is a repaint of the Death Star Droid that was a pack-in with the Sandcrawler.

The vintage figure was silver, but the droid was actually gold colored. Kind of like Han Solo's coat on Hoth.

jedi master sal
12-04-2006, 08:19 PM
My predictions

Hot Sellers
SA Clone Commanders: all four colors - I figure the running changes will keep these from staying on the pegs too long
501st Clone Trooper: SA VERSION - first time for this one as an SA
SA Clone Trooper: from EE Troop Builder - been a long time for this and is pretty sought after
Biker Scout: VOTC - the lower price will keep it off the shelves
Red Battle Droid: from c-3po/ droid two pack - the value of the two pack and the running change should keep these moving

OK Sellers
Pit Droids 2-pack - not very exciting but the 4 different version should keep them moving
Boba Fett: VOTC - great figure and the new low low price but how many fetts does one need
Clone Trooper: #41 - I don't think people are saturated on this yet but getting close
Imperial Officers - I don't think the sculpt is as good as it should be but it has been a while and there are three headsculpts
Evolutions Grey Clone Commander - for those that could find the evo pack or wanted more I think it will be good
Evolutions Sandtrooper: extreme dirty version - see above
TC-14 - been a lot of people hoping for this for a lot of year maybe there is a reason really depends on how heavy a rotation it gets
R4-I9 -see above

Pegwarmers
Darth Vader: 500th Empire Figure - enough vaders please
Darth Maul : pack in from the EP 1 Sith Speeder - bad version but i may be surprised
Yoda: Episode III again
R2-D2: Episode III eh we may be through the ones on the shelves by then
General Grievous: Four Lightsaber Attack - can see this flying off the shelves but they can replace the ones that should be gone by then
C-3PO:- I would have be happy to see him get a rest next year after the deluge this year
Shock Trooper - This is the only clone I have more of then is actually in the movie and yet they are still warming the pegs around here
Red Leader Obi Wan: ROTS - nice sculpt but enough already
Chewbacca: Cloud City Capture - meh just don't see this flying off the pegs
Anakin Skywalker: ROTS with lightsaber attack - I'm guess he is in here to keep Obi-Wan company
Saesee Tinn: ROTS - I'm assuming this is so he can pilot his ship being released next year.
Destroyer Droid: Saga Edition - not flying off the pegs now but still moving probably borderline
Princess Leia: Boushh - good figure but I think people have had their fill

Extremely astute here Dindae.

I think I'd bring up TC-14 and the grey clone commander from the EVO set and the pit droids. Otherwise I agree completely. Definitely you got the losers "pegged"! heh

Blue2th
12-04-2006, 09:54 PM
I can't believe what a lame assortment this is. How many of these do we see on the pegs right now? Just leave them at retail price and they might still be on the pegs by the time the "Legends" come out.:ninja:

figrin bran
12-04-2006, 10:29 PM
i think it's a pretty good lineup

for sure i will buy
pit droids
TC-14
RA-7
SA Shocktroopers - at least 5
SA 501st - at least 5
SA AOTC clone - at least 10
Clone Trooper Officers - at least 10

when the EE clone packs were available, i didn't army build yet and so that's why i'm getting so many of those.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-04-2006, 11:43 PM
I like this line better than this year's Heroes & Villains line since there are more army builder types. I agree that some of the choices for the other figures could be better, such as Anakin, Yoda, C-3PO and Grievous. There have been a lot of Vader's on the pegs here, so having that 500th version again is not good either. Even worse if they continue to make him with the helmet that doesn't stay on.

I actually like that Maul, though he is kind of limited to the speeder if they don't change him in some fashion. I think he will sell better than dindae predicts, if there isn't another decent Maul in the regular line. Kids will want to have a Darth Maul figure, and this one will at least look cool in the package.

I'll probably try to get a couple of each troop. I'll probably have trouble finding each variation, especially of the Imperial Officer, since it is kind of hard to tell the difference in the head when they are in the package. I'm glad they are releasing the Dark Trooper. I have one, but I have yet to open it. I'll probably get a couple of them.

DarkArtist
12-05-2006, 09:04 AM
I can't believe what a lame assortment this is. How many of these do we see on the pegs right now? Just leave them at retail price and they might still be on the pegs by the time the "Legends" come out.:ninja:

yeah but by then fans will have the choice of whether they want the saga version with holo, or the anniversary version with the coin. choices, choices, choices............:grin: :grin: :grin:

plasticfetish
12-07-2006, 05:02 AM
You guys have probably seen this, but Steve put a list up front (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=507) earlier.

As a repack line, and compared to "Heroes and Villains" or "Greatest Battles," I can't say that this is too bad. There are a few things in there that I'll likely buy. I'm looking forward to the Dark Trooper, the pit droids sound cool, and I could use another "vintage" Biker Scout (Oh, how that must suck for those that bought multiples at $10 a pop.) TC-14, RA-7 (glad I didn't open my Sandcrawler for the droid now) and R4-I9 will all be welcome additions also.

I'll wait to see the rest, but I'm a little cloned-out, so I don't know if I'll bother with much more.

No - This is a completely separate line. And as such, it should have it's own section.If I'm understanding things correctly, this "Saga Legends" group of figures is packaged the same way as the 30th anniversary figures. It's a close relative to the 30th Anniversary stuff. ;)

abell748
12-07-2006, 07:20 AM
I am just in shock at how much crap that is warming the pegs now will be released again next year. How many years in a row do we need the pilot Obi, EPIII R2, and some of the EPIII clones? I can go buy the 50 shock troopers at Walmart now if I wanted them that bad! The constant release of the same Vader everyother month is really getting old. Outside of pit droids and EPII clones, the Legends line is pretty much dead to me. The perfect figure to top of this pile of crap is an EPI Anakin and a Jar Jar.

pegger
12-07-2006, 07:25 AM
The perfect figure to top of this pile of crap is an EPI Anakin and a Jar Jar.

I have to admit - this made me laugh - because the other day I was thinking "It's been a while since we got an Ep 1 Ani and Jar Jar....I wonder if they are going to release new sculpts soon..." ...No seriously...

Blue2th
12-07-2006, 08:50 AM
Looking at the list I thought how could the fans vote for these? Then I looked at Steve's posting of the list and the actual fan's picks are very small. The rest is Hasbro's choice? No wonder the lame choices.

DarkArtist
12-07-2006, 10:01 AM
to be honest I myself wouldn't mind an SA Jar Jar Binks. True the character was annoying but this would be a cool figure to add to the collection. I can't see any improvement to the EP I Anakin but leave it to Hasbro to re-release one anyway. Maybe he will be in a later 30th wave with Jar Jar and a EPI Padme?

Mad Slanted Powers
12-07-2006, 10:05 AM
I am just in shock at how much crap that is warming the pegs now will be released again next year. How many years in a row do we need the pilot Obi, EPIII R2, and some of the EPIII clones? I can go buy the 50 shock troopers at Walmart now if I wanted them that bad! The constant release of the same Vader everyother month is really getting old. Outside of pit droids and EPII clones, the Legends line is pretty much dead to me. The perfect figure to top of this pile of crap is an EPI Anakin and a Jar Jar.

I'll agree with you on all the Vaders and such, but not a lot of clones around here. What's warming the pegs now here is mostly Jerjerrod and the Emperor.

toonimator
12-07-2006, 05:21 PM
I can go buy the 50 shock troopers at Walmart now if I wanted them that bad!
You could buy 50 quick-draw Shocktroopers right now, but what we're getting next year are the SA Shocktroopers (the ones from the Target battlepack). That being the case, I don't mind that particular re-release.

I AM disappointed that Boushh Leia's on the list. A great figure to be sure, but I could buy a dozen of 'em at Target right now since there's so many Carkoon figures in recent revision cases, and she's not budging at all.

Kidhuman
12-07-2006, 05:41 PM
More money saved, I hope these dont ship like the H&V wave this year and rot on the pegs makingit impossible to find any other new figs.

Rogue II
12-07-2006, 05:51 PM
Other than the VOTC Boba Fett(May) and the Imperial Officer(June), all the good figures don't come out until July (Biker Scout, TC-14, RA-7).

Kidhuman
12-07-2006, 06:35 PM
So basically, they will clog the pegs.

Rogue II
12-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Half of the first 2 waves seem clone/battle droid heavy, so hopefully the some prequel army builders will buy those up. But, that will leave the main characters clogging the pegs. I've already complained about the mountain of H&V Vader, ROTS Obi-Wan and C-3POs clogging the pegs now. Hopefully, the stores will still find room on the shelves for the 30th Anniv. waves and later waves of Legends.

Darth Cruel
12-07-2006, 09:33 PM
Half of the first 2 waves seem clone/battle droid heavy, so hopefully the some prequel army builders will buy those up.

I promise to do my part (and the parts of about 30 other non-troop-building collectors who don't want the clones).

Phantom-like Menace
12-07-2006, 11:50 PM
I'm a little annoyed the VOTC Stormtrooper isn't in this lineup. I was greatly looking forward to that one. I'm also annoyed the astromech from the TRU Imperial five-pack made it in but not the one from the Rebel set (the one I don't have, of course). I'm also annoyed with almost every Hasbro choice on the list.

Otherwise, I'm ecstatic to see the VTSC biker Scout. I certainly missed the Dark Trooper in it's original release. I thought I was done with episode II clones, but the Clone Wars EII clone is a really nice figure, and I'll probably pick a few up if I find them. I also thought I was done with Shock troops and 501st clones, but if they are the SA molds, I could grab a few of each of those, maybe set up some dioramas or something with the old quick-draw ones.

Darth Cruel
12-08-2006, 07:06 AM
I'm a little annoyed the VOTC Stormtrooper isn't in this lineup. I was greatly looking forward to that one. I'm also annoyed the astromech from the TRU Imperial five-pack made it in but not the one from the Rebel set (the one I don't have, of course). I'm also annoyed with almost every Hasbro choice on the list.

Otherwise, I'm ecstatic to see the VTSC biker Scout. I certainly missed the Dark Trooper in it's original release. I thought I was done with episode II clones, but the Clone Wars EII clone is a really nice figure, and I'll probably pick a few up if I find them. I also thought I was done with Shock troops and 501st clones, but if they are the SA molds, I could grab a few of each of those, maybe set up some dioramas or something with the old quick-draw ones.

If I remember correctly...it has been reported that the Retro OTC (VOTC)Stormtrooper (or a version of it) is coming out inthe 30th Anniversary Collection. So at least we will still get it (assuming the report was correct).

jedi master sal
12-08-2006, 08:26 AM
Half of the first 2 waves seem clone/battle droid heavy, so hopefully the some prequel army builders will buy those up.

You KNOW I'll do my part in this. In fact I'll probably be asking my fellowforumite friends here for help, which means if they are clogging in your area, let me know, and I'll buy them. This way you can get new product FASTER. (It worked when I bought all of those Utapau troopers!)

-Sal

Rogue II
12-08-2006, 10:51 AM
I'm not sure how many army builders, collectors, or scalpers are in my area. Most of the figures on the pegs here are various wookies, Vaders, C-3POs, and Jerjerrods. The only army builder figures on the pegs are Red or Orange Clones and a few Death Star Gunners. Is that common everywhere else?

dindae
12-08-2006, 11:01 AM
That's pretty much sums up what I see around here although a few stores are starting to get a good amount of Naboo wave sitting around. I think the Naboo Soldier and Gragra will start to join the ranks of pegwarmers.

JON9000
12-08-2006, 12:19 PM
Perhaps some of the figures are warming the pegs because they are $7 apiece. I don't have a Boussh Leia because I have the SOTE one, and while I love the new version, I don't love it $7 more than the previous one.

jedi master sal
12-08-2006, 03:10 PM
I'm not sure how many army builders, collectors, or scalpers are in my area. Most of the figures on the pegs here are various wookies, Vaders, C-3POs, and Jerjerrods. The only army builder figures on the pegs are Red or Orange Clones and a few Death Star Gunners. Is that common everywhere else?

Yeah, that's about right here too.

Darth Cruel
12-08-2006, 03:55 PM
That about sums upwhat is in my area as well. The #6 shocktroopers are warming the pegs here (who'da thunkit before the #41 sculpt hit). There are a few of the AT-TE gunners, the 501st on that sculpt that are lingering, but they have only been here a few days and may yet go soon. There is even a single Cody who has been on a peg here for about 5 days. I think I have enough of him at about 15.

One the other hand...SA clones, the #33 Clone Commanders, Sand Troopers, AT-AT drivers, and even DSG's don't get left on the pegs when I leave. I will continue to buy every one of those that I come across until they no longer ship. There are enough going through my local area to keep me happy, though. I will likely have to get in line behind JMS to get help with the leftovers of the new SA clones coming out, though as I am thinking they may end up slightly limited. The end of the line IS coming close.

pegger
12-08-2006, 04:15 PM
We have seas of Naboo troopers....every where I look.... yellow....

Mad Slanted Powers
12-08-2006, 07:38 PM
I've seen very little of the the Naboo/Endor wave, though I've managed to find all but Luke and the black Endor soldier. Pegs here are filled with Jerjerrods and Emperors. Wal-Mart is pretty full with a lot of earlier waves and greatest hits. Fred Meyer also has several Endor Threepios

Battle Droid
01-19-2007, 08:15 AM
New Battle Droid Commander?

From, http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS13100&mode=retail&picture=out

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/images/products/out/large/HAS13100.jpg

pegger
01-19-2007, 08:51 AM
It's the Legends line...so they are all reissues...

Although that Maul with the SG cloak look appealing....

I wonder if the clones (Ep 1 and Ep 3 white) are being released as a 2 pack?

Battle Droid
01-19-2007, 08:53 AM
Although that Maul with the SG cloak look appealing....

That's the EPI Sith Speeder Maul packin.

DarkArtist
01-19-2007, 09:23 AM
would be cool to see OOM-9 released again. I pass on the maul since I have the Sith Speeder already and thought the figure was so-so.

i doubt the troopers would be a two pack, but if they are then it will make it easier to army build. most of the figures in this line I pick up some like Vader, Maul and Chewie are pass.

dindae
01-19-2007, 09:34 AM
I wonder if the clones (Ep 1 and Ep 3 white) are being released as a 2 pack?

I believe the reason they show those figures as double is because this is a picture for the case and there are two of those per case. The picture of the set of this wave only show 1 of each.

pegger
01-19-2007, 11:21 AM
Yeah -you're probably right. Hasbro wouldn't do something like that anyways...

Jargo
01-19-2007, 11:37 AM
y'know. i picked up the pit droids packs and frankly the blow chunks. they don't stand up they're badly sculpted and really not worth it. I think i only bought them for the accessories actually. the two pack they released with that weird gun thing is a way better sculpt on the drids and they do stand up and if hasbro is going to release any more pit droids they should be decent sculpts like those. you guys after those elusive pit droids are gonna be hella disappointed otherwise. unless the pack in accessory is uber cool which is highly unlikely.

from that list i'll get maybe one each of the imperial officers, a few more scout troopers, R4-I9 and buggar all else. it's a pitiful line up as far as I'm concerned.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-19-2007, 02:19 PM
I thought the Battle Droids were going to be those terrible ones from the C-3PO droid factory set? These look to be more articulated. Also, the grunt doesn't seem to have a backpack, and the commander needs the smaller, almost nonexistent one. Even if they're slightly wrong, it'll be great to get more Battle Droids again.

dindae
01-19-2007, 02:46 PM
I'm disappointed that they included a commander into the battle droid. I wanted to buy multiples to bulk up my armies but I don't want and army of half commanders. I'm sure I could customize them with a little ELO or whatever but regardless I doubt I will buy as many of these as I had planned.

jedi master sal
01-19-2007, 05:01 PM
But really do you "want" to ELO them? I agree, these should have been two generic grunt droids. Then they could have done a running change with 2 security, then 2 pilot, then maybe the commander and one of the other three.

Who knows....maybe Hasbro will wake up in time for this one and do just that.

JediTricks
01-20-2007, 05:36 PM
That's the EPI Sith Speeder Maul packin.Yeah, that's what it is, and it means no lower skirt at all - not plastic, not cloth.

I'm disappointed that they included a commander into the battle droid. I wanted to buy multiples to bulk up my armies but I don't want and army of half commanders. That's a good point, I did kinda want a modern-body OOM-9 commander but not a half-dozen of them.

Battle Droid
01-20-2007, 05:59 PM
There are other Battle Droid Commanders besides OOM-9. :p

Blue2th
01-20-2007, 06:28 PM
There's that one on the Invisible Hand that hands Grievous the lightsabers, and says "excuse me" Unless that is OMM-9 and he survived Episode 1? Sure looks like him though. With the yellow dot and all.

Battle Droid
01-20-2007, 06:55 PM
OOM-9 isn't the only Battle Droid Commander in EPI.

I think there's at least 4.

1 in AOTC.

4 or more in ROTS.

jedi master sal
01-21-2007, 12:07 AM
regardless if there are other battle droid commanders and there are, it doesn't mean we want 1:1 commanders to grunts. I'm really hoping for a running change here.

JediTricks
01-21-2007, 04:10 AM
OOM-9 is the only one I know that's named, so I wanted to refer to that previous figure's paint job (in case there was a red Geonosis one or something).

DarkJedi5
07-30-2007, 11:22 PM
My God! Am I the only sucker who bought the Saga Legends Battle Droids?! These guys suck! They have all of five points of articulation, they barely hold their guns and they make previous battle droids seem like they can stand for days! Who approved these things? This could be one of the worst figures I have ever bought.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-30-2007, 11:48 PM
My God! Am I the only sucker who bought the Saga Legends Battle Droids?! These guys suck! They have all of five points of articulation, they barely hold their guns and they make previous battle droids seem like they can stand for days! Who approved these things? This could be one of the worst figures I have ever bought.

If they are the same as the TSC versions, then I'll probably pass. I'd like to get some more battle droids, but maybe when they come up with a better sculpt. I've not seen these yet anyway.

figrin bran
07-31-2007, 01:05 AM

nope. i bought one pack as well...as my droids won't do anything but stand there and got shot out by my armada of clones, i don't mind the poor articulation and plastic quality, or lack thereof.

DarkJedi5
07-31-2007, 10:05 AM
nope. i bought one pack as well...as my droids won't do anything but stand there and got shot out by my armada of clones, i don't mind the poor articulation and plastic quality, or lack thereof.

Sure, that's all mine will do anyway, but on the package they make them look like they can at least bend their elbows. I don't know about you guys but I don't think I saw too many battle droids firing their weapons with their arms fully extended.

jedi master sal
07-31-2007, 02:25 PM
...I don't know about you guys but I don't think I saw too many battle droids firing their weapons with their arms fully extended.

EXACTLY!!!

I got one of these sets and now regret it. I've seen it one other time and only got it for a fellow collector. Otherwise these stinking Heaps-O'-Crap are staying on the pegs when I come by.

I SO wanted the EPI versions!

DarkJedi5
07-31-2007, 10:35 PM
It really makes me worry about the Battlefront II sets I preordered, the droids look a lot like the crappy ones from the Legends line which would be a HUGE disappointment.

darko666
07-31-2007, 10:54 PM
It really makes me worry about the Battlefront II sets I preordered, the droids look a lot like the crappy ones from the Legends line which would be a HUGE disappointment.

knowing Hasbro, they're most likely repacks.

DarkJedi5
07-31-2007, 10:56 PM
Which is probably true and they will probably suck. Too bad.

toonimator
08-01-2007, 11:01 PM
If the sets on display at Comic Con are any indication, they ARE the Legends BDs. The images before Comic Con showed the Saga/ROTS mold, which at least had gun-toting arms with some articulation in 'em... the pegs on the torso (for the old Saga blast effects) also were visible; absent on all the CC displays.

But it must be noted that the Previews display of the Clone pack showed an Evo-mold 501st, while the Hasbro display showed an AT-TE Gunner 501st... so things MAY change!

DarkJedi5
08-02-2007, 01:09 AM
One can only hope. Some of the exclusive figures sets have been a little half hearted lately. The Clone commando set lacked articulation to say the least, the George Lucas family set was neat but they are all pretty static figures, and the Death Star Briefing set figures don't even sit when that's all a lot of these guys do on screen. I really hope they put in the extra effort and have some decent battle droids.

Old Fossil
08-03-2007, 02:05 PM
I don't know about other markets, but Saga Legends is nearly sold out at most of my local WM's, Target, and TRU. I saw a Legends Greivous at TRU last week, but that's it.

I must say I'm a little surprised at how well they've sold. Doesn't look like they'll be holding up later waves of Legends and TAC, as I had feared.

jjreason
08-03-2007, 02:10 PM
They sold really well up here last year, but we haven't received any of the Legends figures in Canada this year. We might be headed for our worst year since 2003 (when we missed out on 3 or 4 waves of Saga figures and the second wave of Clone Wars figures), the way things are going now.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-03-2007, 07:52 PM
I've barely seen them here. Maybe the Wal-Mart here learned from last year. or else they have tons of them in the back waiting to be stocked once all the Saga 2 figures are gone.

DarkJedi5
08-03-2007, 10:20 PM
You're right about that. I've been very surprised at how hard it has been to find the Legends figures. Even though I think we've got a new pegwarmer in the Galactic Marine. He's now even worse than the Death Star trooper and Rebel Honor guard.

JediTricks
08-05-2007, 11:23 PM
My God! Am I the only sucker who bought the Saga Legends Battle Droids?! These guys suck! They have all of five points of articulation, they barely hold their guns and they make previous battle droids seem like they can stand for days! Who approved these things? This could be one of the worst figures I have ever bought.Yeah, recycling the Saga deluxe version is a bad choice, but a cheap one. They've been addicted to those parts lately, no idea why.

SL has been hitting stronger and stronger in my area, yesterday at Target it was a total disaster with SL figures clogging the pegs along with TAC pegwarmers.

DarkJedi5
08-06-2007, 02:08 AM
Well, I think the biggest problem so far is that while the two assortments (SL and TAC) have two different codes, the reality is that the employees who stock the Targets and Walmarts just don't get it and fill the shelves with one and sit on boxes and boxes of the other. I mean, I know Hasbro tries to avoid confusing the general consumer buy packaging the two lines identically but they also confuse the hell out of the weakminded who restock the pegs. In the end they don't put out any SL until they are out of TAC and then no new TAC hits the shelves until all the SL is out. I very very rarely seem both assortments on the pegs at the same time. And the other thing they always say that drives me nuts is the bit about them being on that "auto order" system they've got where whenever they sell low it orders up a new set automatically. BUT if they only put out one assortment at a time it will only order more of those, it can't make them get more of the other assortments. This seems to be causing a gluton of certain waves, sometimes well behind what should be on shelves. Seems to me that different packaging would fix this, but what do they care if they're selling figures?

TheRealDubya
08-06-2007, 11:55 AM
The Targets in my area have had tons of the Ep II and Ep III Clones, Vaders, C-3PO/Battle Droid, Battle Droids and a few others here and there (Leia Boushh, Saesee Tinn, Anakins.) I found the "evolutions" Sandtrooper last night, but I'm bummed -- in all the art (including on the card back) he's shown with a super cool like, concussion rifle, but the actual release has the Saga 2006 accessories (small blaster rifle, Dewback pike, backpack and back can.) I really was hoping for that rifle. What gives?

jjreason
08-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Well, they're showing up here now and I can foresee white Clonetroopers (of both descriptions) clogging the pegs here shortly.

The complaint of not having them on the shelves WITH the TAC figures is very valid - they're meant to be mixed... that's a problem that I didn't see up here last year and don't expect to see this year. Must be frustrating.

JediTricks
08-15-2007, 04:31 AM
I hit like 6 stores today from the 3 major retailers, all of them had Saga Legends and all the SL figures were mixed in with the TAC, in fact at Target the TAC pegs didn't even have a separate SKU/DCPI for SL at all. And worse still, it looks like all the casual collectors who were buying SW the last 18 months have dropped it for Transformers.

jedi master sal
08-15-2007, 01:18 PM
...And worse still, it looks like all the casual collectors who were buying SW the last 18 months have dropped it for Transformers.

And therein lies my case that it's the hardcore collectors who really keep the line going. Casual collectors come and go.

JediTricks
08-16-2007, 12:01 AM
Except the evidence at hand says exactly the opposite, the hardcore collectors are sticking with it yet we're getting avalanched with non-moving product.

Kidhuman
08-16-2007, 12:20 AM
I finally found these today, no Maul or BAttle Droids though, picked up an AOTC clone. HAd gotten 3 earlier today from HTS.

jedi master sal
08-16-2007, 12:05 PM
Except the evidence at hand says exactly the opposite, the hardcore collectors are sticking with it yet we're getting avalanched with non-moving product.

Because much of the Legends line has figures that have been released ad naseum and both casual and hardcore fans alike no longer need or want them. TAC can hardly be found. Certain army builders within Legends are going strong, but even then at a $7 pricepoint, I can't see too many people buying like I do.

I really hate to say it, but I'd really rather Hasbro not do a Legends line and just give us 4-5 figs in scene/battle packs for $20-25. That formula seems to be working better, with the obligatory exceptions of course.

Instead of a Legends poll, I'd have like to have seen a Battle Pack poll. We could vote on previously released packs and also had the option of write-in packs with figures we'd specifically like to see.

Sinscia Fat'o
08-16-2007, 05:59 PM
Because much of the Legends line has figures that have been released ad naseum and both casual and hardcore fans alike no longer need or want them. TAC can hardly be found. Certain army builders within Legends are going strong, but even then at a $7 pricepoint, I can't see too many people buying like I do.

I really hate to say it, but I'd really rather Hasbro not do a Legends line and just give us 4-5 figs in scene/battle packs for $20-25. That formula seems to be working better, with the obligatory exceptions of course.

Instead of a Legends poll, I'd have like to have seen a Battle Pack poll. We could vote on previously released packs and also had the option of write-in packs with figures we'd specifically like to see.

I really have to agree with you, i don't think stores like wal-mart, target, ETC have the shelf room to hold two seperate lines of star war figures, along with the unleashed minis, transformers, comic two packs, titianium...ETC you get my drift...well at least thats how it is at my store. Though battle packs sell real-real well. Even the battle of genosis, and dagobah which have been around for a while now sell decently. Though battle packs would be the way to go to re-pack old figures we all want to see.

dindae
08-22-2007, 12:50 AM
I just picked up the 501st trooper. I was sorely disappointed. For some reason I thought they were going to go with clone #41 sculpt. So 4 out of the 5 will go back to the store. Dissappointing since now I would have much rather had the Appo san pauldron that I had passed up several times.

Blue2th
08-22-2007, 01:06 AM
I just picked up the 501st trooper. I was sorely disappointed. For some reason I thought they were going to go with clone #41 sculpt. So 4 out of the 5 will go back to the store. Dissappointing since now I would have much rather had the Appo san pauldron that I had passed up several times.
I saw that one 1 time on the pegs. I thought that it was suposed to be #41 sculpt? Or is it #6? I'm confused on which one they voted for over at RS. It is the one in the Kmart pack though right?

figrin bran
08-22-2007, 01:15 AM
That 501st is going to be a running change. Right now, it's the Tank Gunner mold but in future shipments, it will be the SA #41 sculpt.

jedi master sal
08-22-2007, 12:19 PM
That 501st is going to be a running change. Right now, it's the Tank Gunner mold but in future shipments, it will be the SA #41 sculpt.

Or so says Hasbro. I'm really hoping they do change to an SA version, but to date I think all we've ever seen for this figure was the Gunner mold version. If they stick with the gunner mold, then I'll be saving myself some scratch.

Sinscia Fat'o
08-26-2007, 04:19 PM
If they change molds im going to be ****ed! LOL, i just bought 6 of these this weekend, since i had planned on building with them. I love the figure, well everything but the arms. I hate the arms of this guy, but i loved battle fronts the video game, and these guys crossed over the Eu/Movie gap greatly which is why i wanted them. If they change molds i guess i'll have to buy a few extras...for commanders, lol. And to think i thought he was going to be tough to find.

I also thought the marron battle droids was going to ship with 501st, i found the oom9 pack instead...

DarkJedi5
08-27-2007, 01:30 AM
I got to pick through two cases of these today at Target (some lucky bastard got there first but only wanted the sandtrooper from the looks of it) and got myself a 501st trooper. It was #41, the SA version. Well, it's close anyway. It lacks articulation at the waist but has ball jointed hip articulation and the dumb little antenna on the back is gone. I don't know why they'd do ball jointed hips and no articulation at the waist but it seems like a pretty cool figure to me.

jedi master sal
08-27-2007, 07:37 PM
I got to pick through two cases of these today at Target (some lucky bastard got there first but only wanted the sandtrooper from the looks of it) and got myself a 501st trooper. It was #41, the SA version. Well, it's close anyway. It lacks articulation at the waist but has ball jointed hip articulation and the dumb little antenna on the back is gone. I don't know why they'd do ball jointed hips and no articulation at the waist but it seems like a pretty cool figure to me.

What you are suggesting is the #6 mold, not the #41. The tell-tale sign there is the waist not moving. Hasbro has said they are using the #41 mold as a running change.

If you've got pics of this find, I'm sure we'd all like to see it. As yet there's only been the Gunner mold that's been found.

DarkJedi5
08-27-2007, 09:34 PM
Okay, I guess I was thrown by the lack of the "quick draw action". I'll post some photos later tonight.

jedi master sal
08-27-2007, 09:54 PM
Okay, I guess I was thrown by the lack of the "quick draw action". I'll post some photos later tonight.

Excellent.

heh, if it were teh #6 mold, it would just be like Hasbro to remove the actoin feature...

DarkJedi5
08-28-2007, 01:46 AM
Sorry for all the confusion, it seems like it's the ROTS Tank Driver (#38) figure. I'd upload the photos I took but I can't find the cord to link my camera to my computer. But it's not the #41, so it's probably not that interesting.

jedi master sal
08-28-2007, 09:10 AM
Sorry for all the confusion, it seems like it's the ROTS Tank Driver (#38) figure. I'd upload the photos I took but I can't find the cord to link my camera to my computer. But it's not the #41, so it's probably not that interesting.

No worries really.

I was just excited to here that the SA one might be out and I'm sure others were as well.

Thanks for clearing it up, but again no worries. Hopefully the SA version will be out soon. I'm holding out for that one myself.

Thunderbird
08-28-2007, 11:01 PM
I also thought the marron battle droids was going to ship with 501st, i found the oom9 pack instead...

They are shipping. I found one set at TRU about 2 weeks ago and another one today. Although last week my Wal Mart put out a lot of figures, and the only the first set was there.

DarkArtist
08-29-2007, 07:05 AM
picked up 2 of the Legends 501st Clones but the body type was a repaint of the #38 AT-TE Gunner. they do look a little better since they removed the dirt on the boots and gave us just a plain white color. The best part of finding them is that at TRU they rang up for only $3.19 each. I'm not sure if all of the TAC are reduced or if the SKU was an old ROTS one but I'm not complaining.

Major Karr
10-25-2007, 09:14 AM
I noticed at another site that the Pit Droids came with a painted locker, yet all the ones I have found have a plain silver locker. Are these more variants, and has anyone seen these in the wild?

JediTricks
10-25-2007, 04:27 PM
I've seen the tan and the red Pit Droids on pegs, both had silver, unpainted containers.

I don't get why they used opaque material for R4-I9's eye-pipe - part of me appreciates it since it's visually accurate, but part of me doesn't like having a feature neutered.

jamesbondo07
11-03-2007, 11:36 PM
I picked up a Scout trooper today. I noticed the picture on it was of a smoking blaster. Why would a blaster be smoking? To me it looks like a soldering gun.

DarkArtist
11-09-2007, 06:22 PM
Finally found a DarkTrooper on the pegs today at TRU. To my surprise the figure was in Mint condition.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-09-2007, 08:03 PM
Did the Dark Trooper come with a gold coin or regular coin? I saw one once and passed because I didn't want to get the gold coin if I wasn't going to get them all.

Thunderbird
11-09-2007, 10:12 PM
I've only seen it with the gold coin. It's not the same as the UGH figures, the SW logo isn't in gold foil. I think the coin is gold to match the Fan Choice sticker.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-09-2007, 10:42 PM
Dang, maybe I should have got it then. I did notice that in the coin pictures on Rebelscum's archives, they only showed a gold EU coin. Hopefully I'll see another one.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-10-2007, 04:07 PM
Well, no luck finding the Dark Trooper today, but I did find a blue AOTC Clone at Wal-Mart. I now have a red, a yellow and a blue. I won't worry about the green one since I got two of them in the TSC line. Another bonus was the reduced price of $5.88.

Sinscia Fat'o
11-11-2007, 04:12 PM
Good luck with the Dark Trooper, I've never seen him at retail, though Hasbro-toy-shop seems to stock them every other week or so, which is were i got mine. It's also sad that the Dark Trooper only ships in two waves i think this year. He should at least have gotten four or came at two per case instead of one. The AOTC clones have been a rough find, i still gotta find one more green and 3 more reds maybe, though at this point i doubt i will find them, escpially with the TAC waves shipping out so fast.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-11-2007, 07:15 PM
The AOTC clones have been a rough find, i still gotta find one more green and 3 more reds maybe, though at this point i doubt i will find them, escpially with the TAC waves shipping out so fast.Brian's Toys still has the TSC green AOTC clone for $9.99. They have it on the Legends card for $19.99. If you want it open, might as well get the TSC version. I've not seen it on the Legends card in the store yet. Haven't seen the other colors too much either.

Blue2th
11-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Found the newest version of the Pit Droids today. They are painted in a funky orange-salmon and dirty white colors.
I never saw these painted like this for Ep.1
I wonder is this a whole new repaint?

I also bought an RA-7 droid.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Found the newest version of the Pit Droids today. They are painted in a funky orange-salmon and dirty white colors.
I never saw these painted like this for Ep.1
I wonder is this a whole new repaint?I guess they were bonus pack-ins on some Foreign Episode I cards in place of Commtech chips.

http://www.rebelscum.com/episodeIbonuspitdroids.asp

Blue2th
11-12-2007, 01:14 AM
No wonder I didn't see them. Foreign packaging. Then not many people got these in the U.S.
To get a Pit Droid you had to buy Ody Mandrell for a while there.
Heck, I don't think I even saw the Pit Droids with Commtech either.
I do believe I had to buy them on eBay years ago as they were part of the last wave I missed.

I don't know it's hard to recollect things that happened in 1999. :ninja:

Sinscia Fat'o
11-12-2007, 06:31 AM
It's hard for me to get the pit droids, i just dont have much use for them, and they seem to be rather easy to stubble across around here, i've seen all the released varients at one point or another, and have passed on them because i did manage to find the episode one: two pack a few years back, though that was the only one from that last wave i did find... As for the clones im going to wait on them, because i've been finding alot of the figures at retail now or days, that and i kinda hope i don't find a whole lot of them...i'll start buying multiples and army building them...and i know when clone wars cartoon comes out these things will be all over the shelves everywhere, at least point in the cartoon's run.

JON9000
11-12-2007, 10:11 AM
I'd really rather Hasbro not do a Legends line and just give us 4-5 figs in scene/battle packs for $20-25. That formula seems to be working better, with the obligatory exceptions of course.

It helps when the Battle Pack contains a better version of the figure that is in regular release. The Stormtrooper in Tantive IV is way better than that stupid carded TAC version. The helmet doesn't stay, the waist tends to be loose, and the way the legs are set just stinks. I would buy 10 of those Tantive Stormies. They rock.

jedibear
11-14-2007, 08:09 PM
Can anyone tell me if the "Clone Officer" figure has had the blue decorated variant yet? The "Legends" assortment (with TC14 in it) has one but it's the red decorated one...I've seen the yellow one too, but no blue...

Did I miss it?

Mad Slanted Powers
11-14-2007, 08:24 PM
Can anyone tell me if the "Clone Officer" figure has had the blue decorated variant yet? The "Legends" assortment (with TC14 in it) has one but it's the red decorated one...I've seen the yellow one too, but no blue...

Did I miss it?I've bought a red, yellow and blue, but haven't seen a green yet. I don't plan to get one since I have two TSC green ones. Also, I saw the blue one available on Hasbrotoyshop.com recently, though I haven't checked today.

Old Fossil
11-14-2007, 08:59 PM

Did I miss it?

Nearly all I've seen are blues, and many of them at that (most of them with poor paint apps)... hardly any yellow or red. No green at all, not yet.

jedibear
11-14-2007, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the heads-up everyone....sounds like I may have missed it in my area...I'll keep trying through the holidays...

jedi master sal
11-15-2007, 11:12 AM
I have all four colors.

The blue by far was the easiest for me to find. Then the green. The yellow was a bit scars and the red I've only seen three figures of.

They are out there though.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-17-2007, 06:14 PM
Finally found the third Imperial Officer variant at Target today. I guess this brown haired version was one of the two Saga 2002 variants, but I only ever found the blonde one and the POTJ black haired version.

Old Fossil
11-27-2007, 10:02 PM
Who is taking advantage of SL to build armies?

I'm not really into army building much anymore, but from SL I have bought

2 orange pauldron Sandtroopers
2 grey pauldron Sandtroopers
2 white pauldron Sandtroopers
1 Biker Scout

Since they are not too scarce, I may buy more Scouts, depending on my level of boredom at the right moment. (Having carded Scouts available pretty much nixes any urge I might have had to buy the Ultimate Endor Battle Pack.) I haven't bought a single SL Clone, and my local WM is swimming in Shocktroopers, white Ep.II and Ep.III clone grunts, and blue Ep.II Clone officers.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-27-2007, 10:29 PM
Here are all my Legends purchases

AOTC White Clone - 4
AOTC Red Clone - 1
AOTC Yellow Clone - 1
AOTC Blue Clone - 1
ROTS White Clone - 2
Clone Commander - 1
Sandtrooper Grey Pauldron Dirty - 1
Sandtrooper Orange Pauldron Dirty - 1
Sandtrooper White Pauldron Clean - 1
Imperial Officer Black Hair - 1
Imperial Officer Brown Hair - 2
Biker Scout - 1
Battle Droids Tan with Commander - 1
Pit Droids White with Power Converter - 1
Darktrooper - 1
R4-I9 -1
RA-7 - 1

Since I never found the Clone Wars SA Clone, I got a few of these. I do have the EE sets, but now I have a few open AOTC clones of all colors. I probably have more than enough Sandtroopers, though I would probably buy a black pauldron one if I see one. I already had three VOTC Biker Scouts, so I didn't need to get a bunch of those. I'd get more Battle Droids but I don't like the flimsy mold. I wanted to get that third Imperial Officer with the brown hair since I didn't have one. I only bought the black haired one because I thought it might be the one I was looking for. If I see another Darktrooper, I'll probably get one. I passed on one because I didn't realize they all came with the gold coin. I got one from AmanaMatt though.

Kidhuman
11-27-2007, 11:30 PM
AOTC Clones - 10
Biker Scouts - 4
BD's(1st version) - 3 packs
Darktrooper - 2
Pit Droids - 1 red, 1 white(tan)
Clone Commander - 1
Imp Officer - 3
Sandtrooper - 0, had enpugh in the TSC line, bought about 6 of them.

jedi master sal
11-28-2007, 03:19 PM
Here's my Legends purchases:
X62 Clone Trooper (AOTC)
Sandtrooper Clean white Paulron (yes only one!)
X14 Clone Commander (Coruscant)
X2 Clone Trooper Officer (Commander)
X3 Clone Trooper Officer (Captain)
X6 Clone Trooper Officer (Lieutenant)
X3 Clone Trooper Officer (Sergeant)
*still need this one! Darktrooper (Fan's Choice #1) IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME WITH THIS ONE PLEASE!
Pit Droids 2-pack (one with the green paint, one with the orangish paint)
RA-7
X2 TC-14

So other than the AOTC clone and to a lesser extent the ROTS Commander, I've not bought a ton of figs from the line (well for me anyway).

-Sal

JON9000
11-28-2007, 04:48 PM
*still need this one! Darktrooper (Fan's Choice #1) IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME WITH THIS ONE PLEASE!

I've seen this one a few times. If I come across it again, I'll pick it up for you. I know you build massive armies, so I'm not worried about you finding one in the interim. I'd even trade you dead even for CZ-4!

jedi master sal
11-28-2007, 05:09 PM
I've seen this one a few times. If I come across it again, I'll pick it up for you. I know you build massive armies, so I'm not worried about you finding one in the interim. I'd even trade you dead even for CZ-4!

Heh, I'm not building an army of this one. In reality I just need it for the cardback and coin. I've never seen it at retail. And the one time I saw it on Hasbrotoyshop I stupidly passed on it, thinking I'd find it at retail.

Deal on that. I can pick up a CZ-4 for you easily. Should I go ahead and get that or do you want me to wait until you find the Darktrooper? (CZ-4 is fairly plentiful here, so no worries.)

-Sal

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-28-2007, 05:48 PM
I got several of the AOTC clone - somewhere around 6 or 9, I think, but I don't remember for sure. I got two shocktroopers as well. I won't be buying multiples of the others, since they have enough variations to get anyway without getting doubles. Though I may get a few more Biker Scouts.

Old Fossil
11-28-2007, 06:19 PM
X62 Clone Trooper (AOTC)

-Sal

Sir, I salute you.:pleased:

JON9000
11-28-2007, 11:12 PM
Heh, I'm not building an army of this one. In reality I just need it for the cardback and coin. I've never seen it at retail. And the one time I saw it on Hasbrotoyshop I stupidly passed on it, thinking I'd find it at retail.

Deal on that. I can pick up a CZ-4 for you easily. Should I go ahead and get that or do you want me to wait until you find the Darktrooper? (CZ-4 is fairly plentiful here, so no worries.)

-Sal

No army? You?!

It's too bad I don't want a DT. Otherwise I would just keep the trooper and send you the cardback and coin alone since I am not collecting them. Maybe somebody else would send just those?

Just wait. I can never be sure about these things 'round these parts. What is here one week is gone the next. If I find a DT, I'll pick it up. If I still need something, I'll let you know. Even if I find a CZ while I'm out, I'm sure you have extras of somthing I would dig, and if not, retail plus shipping is fine.

figrin bran
11-28-2007, 11:35 PM
I'll have to go count how many army builders I've bought from this line but I know I've bought 7 of the white pauldron Sandtroopers.

jedi master sal
11-29-2007, 12:50 AM
Sir, I salute you.:pleased:

Thank you.

(psst should I tell you how many AOTC troopers I have in total of all variants I have???)
Last count over 500, I'm think now almost 600, but I'd have to check my database to be certain.

jedi master sal
11-29-2007, 12:52 AM
No army? You?!

It's too bad I don't want a DT. Otherwise I would just keep the trooper and send you the cardback and coin alone since I am not collecting them. Maybe somebody else would send just those?

Just wait. I can never be sure about these things 'round these parts. What is here one week is gone the next. If I find a DT, I'll pick it up. If I still need something, I'll let you know. Even if I find a CZ while I'm out, I'm sure you have extras of somthing I would dig, and if not, retail plus shipping is fine.

No. Sorry to disappoint. The DT is not a figure I ever considered army building. It was tough to find the first time around and even worse for me now. Besides, I just don't know the full story of this character, so I'm not apt to building it up.

Sinscia Fat'o
11-29-2007, 06:58 PM
I got several of the AOTC clone - somewhere around 6 or 9, I think, but I don't remember for sure. I got two shocktroopers as well. I won't be buying multiples of the others, since they have enough variations to get anyway without getting doubles. Though I may get a few more Biker Scouts.

I was going to get a few shock troops but i wanted to know if they have the stupid quick draw action or are they standard SA troops?