PDA

View Full Version : New Galactic Heroes Maul with Sith Speeder & More

Tycho
12-05-2006, 06:35 PM
There are very few Star Wars items I indulge in these days.

Galactic Heroes is one line I support, albeit intermittantly.

I think I'm going to assemble a Galactic Heroes cantina diorama and get Han & Greedo, Ben and Sandtrooper, Luke & R2 (again), and maybe Chewie and C-3PO (again) and wait for Figrin and Momaw!

If they are doing Darth Maul Tatooine on the Sith Speeder, do you think they'll finally make a Galactic Heroes Qui-Gon Jinn? With the Eopie? Or the first Galactic Heroes JarJar, Watto, or 2nd ever Padme? (didn't they make Padme in her Arena outfit?)

Anyway, I have to hunt down some Galactic Heroes. These are pretty cute!

Darth Jax
12-05-2006, 08:11 PM
they made a padme in arena outfit. she's included with the geonosian battle set due out anytime.

you could get a jawa and tusken. while there were no tuskens in the cantina there was a jawa.

pbarnard
12-05-2006, 08:41 PM
they made a padme in arena outfit. she's included with the geonosian battle set due out anytime.

you could get a jawa and tusken. while there were no tuskens in the cantina there was a jawa.

Saw that today at Target.

Kidhuman
12-05-2006, 09:33 PM
So the Maul is a rumor or a fact? You need to change the title if its rumor.

Slicker
12-05-2006, 09:48 PM
I saw pictures of it elsewhere. I don't remember where but it does exist in some form.

Tycho
12-05-2006, 10:03 PM
Yeah, Rebelscum has a picture of the Galactic Hero Maul with Sith Speeder.

There's no information on anything else new in that wave. But it's not a repaint / re-release. It's a new sculpt with Maul's hood up and a single blade on his lightsaber lit (IIRC).

Kidhuman
12-05-2006, 10:13 PM
Oh really, sounds interesting then. I thought you were going with what you wanted made.

Tycho
12-05-2006, 10:16 PM
What I want made for Galactic Heroes would be Imperial and GAR assault vehicles from the AT-AT to TIE Fighters to the Republic Gunship, and more. They'd be cute, warped in the GH manner, as would be Slave-One.

Darth Jax
12-05-2006, 10:35 PM
they're gonna kill GH be going with large packs of figures that are basically all re-releases. they'll sit on the shelves and won't sell and then hasbro will decide there's no market for them. if they'd put out new sculpts they'd find that those would sell. flooding the pegs with repaints/re-releases (especially in a large pack) is only going to clog that precious real estate that is a store shelf.

K M Toydarian
12-06-2006, 01:44 AM
they're gonna kill GH be going with large packs of figures that are basically all re-releases. they'll sit on the shelves and won't sell and then hasbro will decide there's no market for them. if they'd put out new sculpts they'd find that those would sell. flooding the pegs with repaints/re-releases (especially in a large pack) is only going to clog that precious real estate that is a store shelf.
On the contrary, I am sure these multi pack scenes are simply a Christmas season item to entice people into the lines. It's good 20 dollar gift (as with the unleashed multi packs) that grandma can buy and then next year the kid will want more.
Good idea, for a holiday toy shopping season I think

jedi master sal
12-06-2006, 07:10 AM

The Geonosian set has been out for awhile. I got mine last week and a bud of mine got his two weeks ago.

I disagree. Some people may not have had a chance to get these before because they got into the line later. Much like the 3 3/4 line. Heck, I bought the Geo set, even though I have the majority of them. I was VERY torn between buying the Death Star and Bounty Hunters sets. Ultimately that came down to having extra funds anyway, so I just went with the one, but I can see where I'd still pick up those sets and maybe even the Jedi VS. Sith pack too.

On the contrary, I am sure these multi pack scenes are simply a Christmas season item to entice people into the lines. It's good 20 dollar gift (as with the unleashed multi packs) that grandma can buy and then next year the kid will want more.
Good idea, for a holiday toy shopping season I think

Exactly. It's not expensive and appears like you get alot for your money. 10 figs for $2.50 each (my set was $24.99 at TRU). That's a litle better average than the $5.99 or $6.99 a 2-pack that I'm seeing. So they are repacks/repaints. There's typically enough new(ish) ones in each set that make it really worth while. And we are not talking a ton of money here. Most of us can drop $25 at the drop of a hat. These multipacks look GREAT in the package. (One of the few things I am going to leave in the package which is a rarity for me.)

I suggest that if you have these already and don't play with them, but have them set-up, to find a needy kid or relative and give them your loose ones and buy these sets. It's a two-fer and everyone wins!

It is that time of year, so why not?
-Sal

dindae
12-06-2006, 09:19 AM
Apparently it is in wave two with Obi CW armor, Durge, CW shirtless Ani, Figran, and Momaw.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS85208S

Kidhuman
12-06-2006, 12:34 PM
Awesome stuff, I like the CCW ones alot

El Chuxter
12-06-2006, 01:10 PM
Those look pretty freaking amazing. Especially Momaw.

But why Durge before Jar Jar? You can hate Mr Binks all you want, but admit it: he is the single most logical choice for the GH line, and yet no love for him at all. :confused:

S-Trooper
12-17-2006, 09:14 PM
Kinda sad that us Canucks do not have access to the 10 packs here in Canada, off the local retailer's shelves I mean. But, there is always Ebay. Also, am I mistaken or are a lot of the ones that are in the 10 packs, "Battle Damaged" and unavailable in the 2 packs?
S/T

El Chuxter
12-17-2006, 09:34 PM
I believe all the figures are the same with the exception of one "new" repaint figure.