PDA

View Full Version : Immortal Jedis

hamsterboy
02-02-2002, 01:16 AM
I don't know if this has been asked before but do you think a Jedi can be immortal? I was thinking of what Yoda said in ROTJ when Luke said to him he can't die. He said he was strong with the Force but not that strong. So is it possible?

2-1B
02-02-2002, 01:28 AM
My guess would be, no.

I take Yoda's statement to mean that even though the force is very strong, it is not powerful enough to prevent death. Death is a part of living.

Obi-Don
02-02-2002, 06:27 AM
I agree with Caesar on this. I don't think that anyone no matter how powerfull in the force they are can not live forever. All things must die.Thats just a fact of nature.

Taichi
04-29-2002, 04:45 PM
Think about it.....

Vader was the strongest ever.....and he's dead......

RooJay
04-29-2002, 08:01 PM
Why would a Jedi want to live forever when they can go on and become one with the Force?

Wolfwood319
04-29-2002, 08:06 PM
Well, in the "Jedi Knight" games, I can enable God mode, and become Immortal... :rolleyes:

But no, I think just as everything lives, so to, must it die.

chewie
04-29-2002, 09:44 PM
Depends on which creatures gain force ability. Natural death is caused by aging cells that no longer split to form new ones. There seems to be a lot of species of sentient creatures with force powers in the Star Wars universe. Yoda's species can at least live to nearly 1000 years of age. It could very well be that other forms of life may not have the fatal DNA structure that most creatures have and could have a semi immortality given that they don't fall prey to an accidents or murders.

But that has yet to be established in any form of SW movie or EU novel, so most probably, all jedi are mere mortals.

LTBasker
04-29-2002, 09:54 PM
I think what Luke meant was he didn't want Yoda to die and he was just sort of in disbelief that it was happening like some people say "You can't die on me" to some people that are dying.

I doubt there really could be an immortal Jedi or Sith because your body is still acting the same way it did, granted there is actually a 'force heal' in the EU but I doubt it could really heal the whole body for immortality.

Eternal Padawan
04-29-2002, 11:41 PM
***AOTC SPOILER***

After his mom dies and Anakin is on a rant in the garage (as seen in the trailer) he tells Padme he will become the most powerful Jedi ever and figure out a way to stop death. We all know where that leads him...I think it's a good bookend to Yoda's statement in ROTJ.

saladin
04-30-2002, 06:25 PM
maybe not live forever in this life, but if your so close the force with your own personality, maybe they can retain it in the force and live forever.