PDA

View Full Version : New Titanium 3" X-wing confirmed

JediTricks
12-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Our Q&A efforts paid off, here's what Hasbro said in this week's Q&A:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=76

Q: The 3" Titanium series X-Wing mold is being rereleased as a Dagobah version soon but the S-foil wings are stuck open on this mold which doesn't look right for the paint scheme. Will Hasbro eventually make a new X-Wing that has opening/closing wings? How about a new 3" Titanium Millennium Falcon with retractable landing gear, or other Galoob die-cast molds that could use updating?

A: At long last the X-Wing will be retired after the release of the Dagobah version. We have plans for a completely new x-wing in 2008 with retractable s-foils and flip down front and rear landing gear.
I'm not a fan of waiting, but at least it's on tap. I can't wait to see what they come up with, this is one of the pieces I've really wanted to see done right.

SWAFMAN
12-10-2006, 12:38 PM
this is one of the pieces I've really wanted to see done right.

This was a "sleeper" for me as an Action Fleet. I didn't think much of it when it first came out as a toyfare exclusive. But as time went on, it became one of my favorites. I hope the titanium wins people over, too. Too bad it looks like we'll never see an ultra of this one. Any absolute confirmations about the future of ultra-scale titaniums vehicles?

JediTricks
12-10-2006, 08:40 PM
No further comments from H about what they're doing with the Ultra line, so we're still left to wonder what they meant about making the unreleased ones available.

LTBasker
12-12-2006, 12:14 AM
Some more good news, from JediDefender's latest Q&A:

2. Let's talk Titanium. The 3" line has grown into a fan-favorite as many fans have been sucked in by the appeal of these little beauties. As we head into 2007, can we expect to see more ships from X-Wing and TIE Fighter video game series? So many ships from which to choose - the TIE Defender, TIE Avenger, Z-95, and Stormtrooper Transport are a great place to start!

** We have a looong list of new and re-paint vehicles planned for 2007 (and beyond if the line continues to do well). Our plans are to dip into the expanded universe realm and video games for more inspiration for our vehicle selections. It may take a bit, so look for two out of the four vehicles on your list to make it to shelves near the middle of 2008.

I hope the TIE Defender is one of them! :D

Slicker
12-12-2006, 12:33 AM
I hope the TIE Defender is one of them! :DI'd have to say that and the Avenger.

At least they're keeping the line lively and not letting it slip into TOTAL repaint hell.

Warstar
12-12-2006, 04:04 AM
You don't know how hard I'm drooling thinking of a Titanium TIE Defender...:D

YESSSS!

I expect to see a Moldy Crow, an Outrider and/or possibly a Virago in the 3" line IF Hasbro is truly going down the Expanded Universe road...

...a black Millennium Falcon from the New Jedi Order books would be sweet, too...:D

JediTricks
12-12-2006, 07:24 PM
I fear it'll be the Z-95 Headhunter as the other, that thing totally stinks IMO but it's well-known so it's their best candidate. The TIE Defender is a likely candidate chiefly because of all the hooplah over the Action Fleet one. :D

WS, I thought they already confirmed the Outrider for the Titanium 3" line.

Slicker
12-12-2006, 07:36 PM
WS, I thought they already confirmed the Outrider for the Titanium 3" line.I read that as well somewhere, JT.

If I'm not mistaken I've seen pictures as well.

JediTricks
12-12-2006, 09:10 PM
I don't remember pictures, but I do remember reading it somewhere, perhaps Q&A. If you find a pic, please link us to see it.

dindae
12-13-2006, 09:52 AM
It was part of the Hasbro presentation at Comic-Con.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/UPDATE_Hasbros_STAR_WARS_Presentation_Highlights_9 9407.asp