PDA

View Full Version : What movies are you looking forward to in 2007?

General_Grievous
12-10-2006, 07:10 PM
Yep, it's that time of year again. The time when we've worn out our DVDs of 2006's big movies and are biting our nails anticipating the onslaught of movies in 2007. I've got a lot on my plate.

Hostel Part II-Yep. Sequel time already. This time it's girls backpacking across Europe. Blood, gore, and nudity aplenty!

Epic Movie- I know "Date Movie" and "Scary Movie 4" sucked, but this one doesn't look as bad. Plus, it's got the cute waitress from "Heroes" in it. Consider this a guilty pleasure.

Ghost Rider-Bad@$$ superhero with a flaming skull on a motorcycle. Need I say more? Not to mention, it's a Marvel movie. But then again, so was "Elektra".:ermm:

Reno 911! Miami-I've only seen a few episodes of the show, but the trailer for this had me laughing pretty hard.

The Hills Have Eyes II-Consider this another guilty pleasure. I'll check this out because I liked the first one alot.

300-Based on a Frank Miller comic about ancient Roman war. Recipe for a good movie.

Grindhouse-A Quentin Tarantino/Robert Rodriguez flick about a guy who kills people with his car and a bunch of zombies.

Spider Man 3-The first 800-pound gorilla of 2007. I think this has the potential to be the best superhero movie. Midnight showing for me!:thumbsup:

Shrek the Third-The first two were fun, so I'll be at this one too. Another big summer blockbuster for sure.

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End-I'll definitely be at a midnight showing for this. Can't wait to see Captain Jack's last adventure.

Knocked Up-A comedy about unplanned pregnancy from the director of "The 40 Year Old Virgin" and some of the cast from it.

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer-Doubtful that it'll be good, but I'll see it for Jessica Alba...maybe Silver Surfer, too.

Evan Almighty-Steve Carrell reprises his role from "Bruce Almighty". He's called upon by God to create an ark. The trailer was pretty funny.

Ratatouille-A Pixar movie. Even though "Cars" wasn't that great, it had its moments. This might be okay.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix-Another midnight showing. This was my favorite Harry Potter book, so I'm expecting this to knock one out of the park.

License to Wed-Movie with Robin Williams and much of the cast of "The Office". And since I'm an "Office" junkie, I'll be checking this one out.

Transformers-I'll see it because it will probably be the funniest movie of the year. Come on, it's a Michael Bay movie...:p

The Simpsons Movie-The show's been slacking in its latest seasons, but the new trailer (Homer and the wrecking ball) was hysterical.:D

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few, which I'll add later. What are you guys wanting to see?

2-1B
12-10-2006, 07:14 PM
Great thread idea ! Oddly enough though, I don't have anything big on my radar for '07 yet...very odd. Knocked Up sounds interesting but none of the big blockbusters like Spider-Man and POTC do anything for me...that's not to say I won't see those movies, because I likely will, I'm just not looking forward to them with any anticipation.

UKWildcat
12-10-2006, 08:25 PM
300-Based on a Frank Miller comic about ancient Roman war. Recipe for a good movie.

Grindhouse-A Quentin Tarantino/Robert Rodriguez flick about a guy who kills people with his car and a bunch of zombies.

These are the two I am most looking forward to. Both should be amazing.

Rocketboy
12-10-2006, 10:15 PM
There are pletny I want to see, but so far these are my most anticipated:
Spidey 3
Pirates 3
Fantastic Four 2
The Bourne Ultimatum

Tycho
12-10-2006, 11:12 PM
There are only 2 on your list thus far:

Spider-Man 3 - will no doubt be good.

Transformers - which might be a disaster, or else really good. I'm extremely interested in this film and Peter Cullen's casting makes me really hope it's going to be great.

2-1B
12-10-2006, 11:24 PM
I'm not feeling you guys on this 300 movie...I saw a trailer for it awhile back and I thought it looked absurd.

Darth Jax
12-11-2006, 08:15 AM
only movie i'm looking forward to is Saw IIII. can't wait to see what happens when this franchise jumps the shark.

i'm sure i'll see POTC and HP also.

DarkArtist
12-11-2006, 09:29 AM
looking forward to:

Pirates of the Caribbean : At Worlds End
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Transformers
Spiderman 3
The Simpsons

El Chuxter
12-11-2006, 11:40 AM
The four big ones for me:

Harry Potter V
Spider-Man III
POTC III
TMNT

General_Grievous
12-11-2006, 05:51 PM
I'll see TMNT as long as it's not as lame as "Secret of the Ooze". I was eight when I saw it and I thought it was trash.

El Chuxter
12-11-2006, 06:37 PM
TMNT is all CG, and what I've seen so far (the trailer, and some additional footage from Comic-Con) makes it look like it will easily top the original. It's a continuation of TMNT 1-2 (though the director said at CC it wasn't that TMNT 3 didn't happen, but it added nothing to the overall story).

But it looks to be quite a bit more "mature" than Secret of the Ooze, without totally discounting the fun nature of the first film.

2-1B
12-11-2006, 06:52 PM
TMNT is all CG, and what I've seen so far (the trailer, and some additional footage from Comic-Con) makes it look like it will easily top the original

not if Corey Feldman isn't in it.

darthvyn
12-12-2006, 01:46 PM
But it looks to be quite a bit more "mature" than Secret of the Ooze, without totally discounting the fun nature of the first film.

i think it's high time for a new TMNT movie - the comic was originally created as a spoof of the comics of the time - every character was either a teenager, a mutant, or a ninja, so they bundled the entire thing together and turned them into turtles. with the popularity of super-hero movies, a spoof on super-hero movies just makes sense.

that said, i'm most looking forward to THE super-hero movie event of the next year: spider-man 3 (no duh, huh?) but i'm also very excited about 300, the new harry potter and POTC:AWE... these are opening-day material.

the simpsons i'll catch... still not sure whether it's opening-day material... i'll have to see. ghostrider is also on the list of "eventually, but definitely in the theater".

transformers... hmmm.... i'll probably end up seeing this in the theater, even though i hold out no hope what-so-ever that i will enjoy it in the slightest. i'm just a huge sucker.

JimJamBonds
12-13-2006, 12:11 AM
Saw IV for this cowboy.

El Chuxter
12-13-2006, 11:29 AM
Saw a preview for 300 last night, and am adding that to my list.

Frank Miller rules.

(But he did not invent ninjas. That was Albert Miller.)

General_Grievous
12-13-2006, 04:48 PM
Is "Saw IV" even coming out this year? I have no idea what's coming out beyond Summer 2007. If it is, I'll see that too.

UKWildcat
12-13-2006, 07:20 PM
Saw a preview for 300 last night, and am adding that to my list.

Frank Miller rules.

Hell yea Chux!!! 300 is going to be freaking awesome. I'm looking more forward to that than anything else, yup, even moreso than Spidey 3, POTC and Transformers. I can't wait until March 9th!!!:thumbsup:

General_Grievous
12-13-2006, 08:31 PM
The "300" trailer was awesome. It looks like "Troy" on speed.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-13-2006, 10:43 PM
The "300" trailer was awesome. It looks like "Troy" on speed.

Except God willing, it won't ya know, suck, like "Troy" did. hehehehe:thumbsup:

Movies i'm looking forward to:
Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix
Spider-Man 3
POTC 3
Reign Over Me (New sandler/don Cheadle drama; looks good: http://movies.aol.com/movie/reign-over-me/24543/trailer?ncid=AOLMOV00050000000009)

That's all, off the top of my head. :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
02-23-2007, 09:16 PM
So have you guys seen much yet? I've seen Epic Movie, Norbit, Ghost Rider, and Reno 911 so far. Nothing really spectacular, though I did really enjoy Reno 911. Ghost Rider was okay. I was all set to see Hostel II, but I found out it was pushed to June. Up next for me is 300, and the wait for that is killing me.

BTW, I forgot to add "Aqua Teen Hunger Force: Colon Movie Film For Theaters" to my list.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0455326/

Bel-Cam Jos
02-24-2007, 09:39 AM
What have I seen? I don't get many opps to make it out to non-SW movies anymore, so this is it:

Freedom Writers
Pan's Labyrinth
But I did like both of 'em.

What are I looking forward to seeing?

The Simpsons
Spidey Tres
Master Potter Five

What might I catch at some time, probably when the movie's in its month-past release and isn't easy to find in the theaters?

Pirates of the 3 Seas
?
!
$
:confused:
I don't know...

UKWildcat
02-24-2007, 12:01 PM
So have you guys seen much yet?

Nope. I haven't seen anything yet. I'm waiting for...

Up next for me is 300, and the wait for that is killing me.

...this movie. Only two more weeks too. I can't wait either. :nerv:

General_Grievous
04-13-2007, 08:37 PM
Back again with updates. So far I've seen everything I wanted to (and then some) on my list except "The Hills Have Eyes II" because I heard it sucked. But so far, my favorite to least favorite this year are...

1. Grindhouse
2. 300
3. Aqua Teen Hunger Force: Colon Movie Film for Theaters
4. TMNT
5. Reno 911! Miami
6. Ghost Rider
7. Epic Movie (this one had a few moments...)
8. Norbit (...while this just plain sucked)

Nothing else until Spider-Man 3. I might catch Blades of Glory, but then again I'm fine renting it when it comes out on DVD.

UKWildcat
04-13-2007, 10:13 PM
Damn GG, you've seen a lot of movies already. I won't see that many in the theater all year. lol :p

So far I've only seen 300, twice.

General_Grievous
04-13-2007, 10:34 PM
What can I say? I love movies. :)

But I also saw 300 twice. That was the only one I've seen more than once so far. I want to see Grindhouse again, but the three hour plus running time makes me feel weird about sitting through it in a theater again. I hope it comes out on DVD soon (as in within a few months), same for 300.