PDA

View Full Version : "Blackhole" Stormtrooper

Darth Cruel
12-11-2006, 03:35 PM
They sure are getting a lot of mileage out of this EU character all of a sudden. There is the Hasbro 3 3/4" figure, Medicom's 1/6 scale figure, GG bust, Playskool's version, and now Hasbro is doing an unleashed.

Don't get me wrong...I love the Stormtrooper in black armor. It is just that I noticed that it is getting a lot of attention recently. Which for me is a good thing.

Matbe I will be able to find a set of the black armor to go to Celebration IV in costume with.

pbarnard
12-11-2006, 03:56 PM
I blame WotC for rising it from the grave 3-4 years ago with their articles in Star Wars Gamer #5 and than the Rebellion Era Sourcebook.

DarkArtist
12-14-2006, 01:09 PM
i think the 3 3/4 figure is actually called the Shadow Stormtrooper. these are the guys that Carnor Jax hand picks to kill Kir Kanos on Yinchor. The BlackHole Troopers while similiar in appearence are from the Marvel comics series. True they are using the concept alot but hey when something is hot jump on it and ride it till it's fall.

Darth Cruel
12-14-2006, 02:44 PM
i think the 3 3/4 figure is actually called the Shadow Stormtrooper. these are the guys that Carnor Jax hand picks to kill Kir Kanos on Yinchor. The BlackHole Troopers while similiar in appearence are from the Marvel comics series. True they are using the concept alot but hey when something is hot jump on it and ride it till it's fall.

According to the back story...some of the Blackhole Stormtroopers ended up serving Carnor Jax after they were disbanded after the death of their leader, Blackhole. Blackhole was the code name of an agent of Emperor Palpatine and the Emperor gave him a Starship and detatchment of his own Stormtroopers. The Stormtroopers were normal Troopers who were given normal armor cast in black only to identify them as Blackhole's Stormtroopers. The write-up went on to say that in a fortuitous happenstance, the molding of the armor in black increased it stealth from sensors.

I was curious about this because I remembered Black-armored Stormtroopers from a Star Wars comic strip I read in a newspaper in the early 80's so I did some research and found the link from Shadow Stormtrooper to Blackhole Stormtrooper (which were first introduced in the story "Gambler's World" in said comic strip in the LA Times) in the Star Wars website's database. There are still a lot of people who choose not accept that history, but it is good for me. It is pretty trivial anyway from either perspective, but I remember how I wished the Stormtroopers were in black armor all the way back at the beginning. So that story holds a little justification for me.

jedi master sal
12-14-2006, 02:47 PM
hey when something is hot jump on it and ride it till it falls.

Um, my response is being withheld....heh heh snicker...

Slicker
12-14-2006, 08:42 PM
rue they are using the concept alot but hey when something is hot jump on it and ride it till it's fall.And that, my friends, is how you run a line into the ground.

I think this black stormie is just plain retarded. I liked 'em better when they were called TIE Pilots...:rolleyes:

Um, my response is being withheld....heh heh snicker...HAW!!!