PDA

View Full Version : I have a headcold and am at the part where...

Tycho
12-12-2006, 12:32 AM
Yeah, ever since I stayed out too late in the cold after Disneyland on Wednesday, I've been coming down with something.

My nose is really stuffed up and I have to consistantly steam it out with a vaporizer or making my bathroom into a sauna.

I also have anti-biotics from my doctor and am using 2 different brans of nose spray. It's such that I couldn't even smell a Mouse Droid.

The good part is that any time I've had headcolds, I always am getting over them when I cough and sneeze up the really thick and lumpy snot.

I'm getting out good loads of it now. That means I should be all better by the end of the week or hopefully sooner.

Hooray for lumpy snot! That stuff is cool.

El Chuxter
12-12-2006, 10:43 AM
Thanks for sharing that.

I could've gone the rest of my life without reading about your snot.

:)

Slicker
12-12-2006, 11:18 AM
It sounds like you overdue it. I was just sick a bit over the weekend and didn't take/do anything and I got over it just fine.

Good to hear about the lumpys coming up...I think...

Tycho
12-12-2006, 01:46 PM
I am just never patient with any kind of illness. I hate being sick - just hate it. Today it seems slightly better. I am breathing alright at the moment. Not perfect, but OK.

I dry heaved earlier as I do when I have a stuffy nose and flem coming up. It makes me naucious as a reflex or something. I didn't have anything in me at the time to throw up though. So now while my tummy is rumbling and wondering where the food is, I'm going to be very careful.

My waste basket next to my bed and by my computer are so full of used snot-tissue, I might have more of them than Star Wars figures. I'm lucky Kleenex was on sale at Wal-Mart the last time I was in there looking for figures and cheap movies, as I think I have at least 8 boxes to go through yet. I may need them.

Today I will have to venture out and refill other medication and pick up some groceries like some juice. My mouth has been so dry that I drank everything I have here except the last container of bottled water (those big kind - don't worry - it'd last 2 more days but I'm replenishing my supply today).

Very soon I'm going to shave before I go out. True I've been sick, but no one has to be able to tell. But maybe the Kleenex box and trash bag I plan to carry around with me might give that away? Ah shucks. It's better than having stuff run down my face.

Bobby Fett
12-12-2006, 04:12 PM
Thanks for sharing that.

I could've gone the rest of my life without reading about your snot.

:)

Well said! :frus:

figrin bran
12-12-2006, 09:55 PM
i got sick yesterday. i also read your post yesterday.

correlation? yes.

Tycho
12-12-2006, 10:20 PM
I'm feeling a lot better now, though my eyes ache a little and it might be a bright idea to go to bed early.

But my nose has cleared out a lot. Something to be thankful for.

Tycho
12-14-2006, 04:18 PM
I just coughed up a large ball of snot larger than a yogurt raisin - probably larger than the cap to my nasal spray! I think that's nearly the last part of the extra-large sized boogars produced by me, this head cold period.

I played with the mucas between my fingers for a minute or two - like you play with rubber cement balls when you are in primary school. But don't worry: I washed my hands before I typed this.

But it was a fascinating experience for me (I haven't been sick in at least a year).

Anyway, I should have taken a picture of this huge glob of snot, but I don't have a camera and I didn't know how good it would work on my scanner - let alone I didn't have any great desire to clean it when I was done. But you can use your imagination: this was one huge glob of snot I coughed up. (Oh I hit the Listerine double-time afterwards, too).

bobafrett
12-14-2006, 10:10 PM
It's such that I couldn't even smell a Mouse Droid.

Say it ain't so? :cry:

InsaneJediGirl
12-14-2006, 10:32 PM
Not to go off an a tanget,but why go get antibiotics for a head cold? Thats a huge medical problem, antibiotic overuse. Blow the snot out and call it a day :)

Tycho
12-14-2006, 11:46 PM
Actually, I got anti-biotics because I had some internal bleeding from my kidney problem and it was my kidney doctor that prescribed them to curb an infection. They just happened to work well for my headcold along with what they were intended for.

CaptainSolo1138
12-15-2006, 06:44 PM
Thank God I'm a robot. We don't get colds.

2-1B
12-15-2006, 07:36 PM
But you do get squeaky when you run out of lubrication.