PDA

View Full Version : New Unleashed anounced

sjd9299
12-12-2006, 04:48 PM
So what do you think of the "new" Unleashed figures. Same old Obi-Wan and Anakin Mustafar duel. But a cool new Shadow Trooper. At least the line is not dead but it will be soon if we keep getting repacks. Especially of those two. EVERYONE has them. They sat forever on the shelves. And It was not that long ago. Why not the regular white Stromtrooper or Unmasked Vader, something that was not widely availible. The E III Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Greivious were carried by stores that did not carry any other Unleashed before or since.

El Chuxter
12-12-2006, 05:54 PM
No, the line is dead. :( Instead of "testing the waters" with figures people want, Hasbro seems intent upon doing so with re-releases (usually exclusives).

Take this wave. Obi-Wan and Anakin took forever to sell last time. In fact, I actually saw an Anakin on the shelf this morning. (No joke. He wasn't there two days ago, though, so I think he was either a return or had been misplaced somewhere in the store for several months.)

The EU Stormtrooper seems like a good choice, at first. But keep in mind two things: 1) there are a lot of people who don't buy EU, and 2) Unleashed collectors already have two figures in exactly the same pose (Stormtrooper and Han in Stormtrooper Disguise). He's not going to fly off shelves, either.

No, what this is is a case of Hasbro releasing junk they know won't sell, so they can say to us, "We tried to give Unleashed another chance, but it just didn't catch on."

Bravo, Hasbro. Why not kick some puppies while you're at it? :mad:

2-1B
12-12-2006, 06:21 PM
Hasbro sucks for doing it this way. Absolutely ridiculous.

Slicker
12-12-2006, 06:38 PM
But a cool new Shadow Trooper.If by "new" you mean the original Stormie just painted black then you're right.

I don't know what's up with all of this Shadow Trooper crap but it can stop now. They sold decently online and now they've got a GH figure, this, busts, and a couple of the other things. I have no clue where it came from but it can go right back.

Kidhuman
12-12-2006, 07:18 PM
I do need the Anakin Mustafar, about it

2-1B
12-12-2006, 10:21 PM
If by "new" you mean the original Stormie just painted black then you're right.

I don't know what's up with all of this Shadow Trooper crap but it can stop now. They sold decently online and now they've got a GH figure, this, busts, and a couple of the other things. I have no clue where it came from but it can go right back.

Why the heck don't we have an applause smiley ? :thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
12-12-2006, 10:48 PM
Awesome, every home won't have one!

K M Toydarian
12-12-2006, 11:53 PM
I think a 30th New Hope Tie in would have been better. Han, original Stormie, unmasked Vader at least. I don't care for the Blackhole thing too much. I don't mind it being out there, but I'd rather another choice. And he looks kind of stupid against a white wall. I assume they are black to hide into their surroundings and be stealth, so what's he doing in a white hallway?

I wonder if the rumored "original Poster" version of Luke and Leia is still on tap, for an exclusive maybe? That's what I want.

Jayspawn
12-13-2006, 02:58 PM
Not impressed with this lineup at all. 2 of the 3 figures are shelf-warmers. I bought the Obi-Wan the 1st time around because it was $3.25 on clearence at Target. I'll get the newly-packaged Anakin on clearence also as we all know thats where its headed.

DarkArtist
12-14-2006, 11:54 AM
I passed on the Obi and Anakin the first time around so I might pick the up if the price is right or if I can find them on clearence somewhere. I want the Shadow Stormtrooper though, maybe pick up two of them to flank my Darth Vader.

sjd9299
12-15-2006, 05:08 PM
I love this line. I almost love it moare than my Vintage figures. They really need to do a better job with this. The Obi and Anakin were the worst choices they could have made. If someone were to ask me, "Hey Star Wars Unleashed collector, what is the absolute WORST two figures we could re-release? You say the Obi Wan and Anakin Mustafar duel. Ok, we will get busy making some more of those."

JediTricks
12-15-2006, 09:29 PM
Yeah, I have to agree with the assessment on Obi-Wan & Anakin, that Anakin has the worst paint scheme ever and they're not fixing it, both are just too soon to get released and they sold AWFUL around here on their first outing. The only worse choice to rerelease would be the Asajj Ventress torpedo.

El Chuxter
12-16-2006, 11:18 AM
The only worse choice to rerelease would be the Asajj Ventress torpedo.

She sold, eventually. Anakin and Obi-Wan didn't. :)

JediTricks
12-18-2006, 02:49 PM
My TRUs still have those Ventress Unleashed, but no more running-makeup Anakins.

2-1B
12-18-2006, 06:38 PM
I would buy 15 Unleased Crouching Tiger Hidden Boba / Jango figs before I would even sniff at a Ventress. lol

masterjedi
01-08-2007, 08:20 PM
I like all the Unleashed. Can't wait to check out the Shadow Trooper.

timmae
02-07-2007, 12:07 AM
walmart concord, nc still has 4 of the last chewy's as of 2-5-07.

Luuuuuuke
02-24-2007, 10:35 AM
These must have hit today cause I saw Obi Wan, Anakin and the Shadow Trooper in good numbers at an L.A. Wal-Mart this morning. I only got the Shadow Trooper. There were like 12 left. I debated not getting him cause I don't really co llect the line, but I figured since I ordered the RAH Shadow trooper and got the 6" one, I might as well get this one for $19.76.

El Chuxter
02-24-2007, 03:10 PM
Saw them this morning, passed. I'm sick of black Stormtroopers.

Rocketboy
02-24-2007, 08:42 PM
Saw them this morning, passed. I'm sick of black Stormtroopers.Friggin' racist.

;)

sjd9299
02-24-2007, 10:36 PM
I was in two different Wal-Marts today and my wife would not let me check the toys so I do not know if they have hit here in Western New York. I will only be getting the Black Stormtroopers as I only collect loose Unleashed and the other two are exactly the same. Still trying to track down a White Stormtrooper and a White Clone. I keep getting out bid on Ebay. Those are the only two I need to have them all.

Gause
03-07-2007, 11:49 PM
HASBRO...Who do you hire? Some broke 50 year old who does not collect but knows you have 4 million SW UL Anakin and Obi in the closet? Does knowing that for evey older carded and rare UL sculpt selling on ebay is getting triple if not more than release mean you have some in your closet and you are making bank? HASBRO...The Micro line is dead to ME. The Micro line might save you money in plastic but really hurts your reputation. Sigma 6(GI-JOE)failed and SW micro(vintage) might sell but all releases after that are collector traps. I will agree others have stolen the glory from bigger action figures such as entertainment earth and such but come on, you (aka kenner) had the original 12" figure(for SW that is). Send a clear message to your followers:
1st: We at Hasbro will continue to produce SW UL figs in the current format.
2nd: We at Hasbro will continue to release new characters to the line.
3rd: We at Hasbro will follow our money making 4" line and continue the unleashed line.
4th: We at Hasbro know that without SW we can't make it :P

Hope that all made sense,
Gause

Darth Cruel
03-16-2007, 10:28 PM
I do not collect the unleashed. But i simply could not pass up the Blackhole Shadow Stormtrooper. Those are my very favorite of any Star Wars characters from any medium. I have always thought the Stormtroopers should be black...even as far back as 1977 when I first saw them.

BountyHunterScum
04-09-2007, 05:28 PM
Found the Shadowtrooper at Wally.