PDA

View Full Version : Latest r2dtoys.com newsletter lists new figures.

Jargo
12-12-2006, 06:03 PM
We are proud to bring you the latest news FIRST again for the newest up-coming Star Wars merchandise due to hit our warehouse in 2007.
This time we have a comprehensive range of items including the latest GOLD chase Ultimate Galactic hunt wave 4 of the 30th Anniversary Collection, 2007 VINTAGE range, and much more - all available to pre-order NOW only at r2dtoys.com

EXPANDED UNIVERSE 2-PACK COMIC BOOK ASST Wave 2
87517 KOMARI VOSA & VILMARH GRAHRK
87518 STORMTROOPER & R2-D2
87519 OBI-WAN & ALPHA

VINTAGE FIGURE ASST Wave 1 2007
87304 LEIA ENDOR
87305 SNOWTROOPER
87306 LUKE BESPIN
87307 HAN SOLO
87308 BOSSK
87309 IG-88

85208 GALACTIC HEROES FIGURES Wave 2 2007 (sold as a set of 12 and individually)
COUNT DOOKU & ANAKIN
OBI-WAN & DARTH MAUL
TIE PILOT & WEDGE
LUKE & HAN STORMTROOPER
LUKE & LANDO CALRISSIAN
DARTH VADER &LEIA
SNOWTROOPER & HOTH REBEL TROOPER
CHEWBACCA & C-3P0
OBI-WAN & DURGE
ANAKIN & Ep3 CLONE TROOPER
DARTH MAUL & SPEEDER BIKE
HAMMERHEAD & FIGRIN D`AN

NEW 30th ANNIVERSARY VEHICLES
87271 TIE Fighter (Vintage w/ white deco)
87272 SaeSee Tin Jedi Starfighter
87293 V-Wing Clone Fighter (Ep3)
87294 Darth Maul Sith Interceptor (Ep1)

BASIC FIGURES (Greatest Hits Saga Wave 1 2007)
85933 DARTH VADER
87321.1 DARTH MAUL SITH TRAINING
87340.1 BATTLE DROID 2-PACK
87419 YODA
87420 R2-D2
87421 GENERAL GRIEVOUS 4-ARM
87422 CLONE TROOPER #1 SUPER ARTICULATED
87423 SHOCK TROOPER SUPER ARTICULATED
87424 CLONE TROOPER #2 SUPER ARTICULATED
87453 C-3P0

BASIC FIGURES (Greatest Hits Saga Wave 2 2007)
85801 LEIA BOUSHH (new)
85942.1 ANAKIN Ep3
86830 SANDTROOPER (new)
87052 BOBA FETT (new)
87425 OBI-WAN KENOBI PILOT
87426 CHEWBACCA
87427 CLONE COMMANDER
87428 DESTROYER DROID
87429 501ST CLONE

BASIC FIGURES Wave 4 30th Anniversary (inc GOLD chase UGH)
87234 GALACTIC MARINE UGH Gold Chase packaging
87236 R2-D2 UGH Gold Chase packaging
87238 MACE WINDU UGH Gold Chase packaging
87239 AIRBORNE TROOPER (new - details unconfirmed)
87296 ANIMATED DEBUT BOBA FETT
87298 UMPASS
87300 LUKE JEDI (new)
87302 MCQUARRIE DARTH VADER
87303 CZ-3 JABBA`s PALACE DROID

Rogue II
12-12-2006, 06:14 PM
The list Wave 4, but no Wave 3. Hasbro has shown pictures from Waves 1 & 2. Am I missing something?

Assuming this list is real:

Hopefully this Vintage Snowtrooper will be the definitive version we've been looking for. Bossk and IG-88 seem a bit unnecessary since the Saga and POTJ versions were so good.

From Wave 4, I'll get Umpass and CZ-3, and wait & see on the Luke Jedi.

Jargo
12-12-2006, 06:26 PM
If i thought the McQuarrie vader would be the human one wearing just the face mask i might be interested but it'll be the one with the horrible full head mask.

I too will only be picking up Umpass Stay and CZ-3. the rest seem like a pile of old pants to me.

Rogue II
12-12-2006, 06:44 PM
The concept figures don't interest me at all, but I thought the Vader figure was rumored anyway.

I don't understand why they have "New" next to some of the figures in the Greatest Hits waves. Other than that, the Legends wave has been discussed enough in its own thread.

Just noticed they are doing the chase figure carp again. I'm not thrilled about the coins in the first place, let alone hard to find coins. If anything, it will give some collectors something to b---- about.

dindae
12-12-2006, 06:57 PM
r2dtoys.com has had wave 3 up for a while. I'm less than thrilled by this. I didn't like the UGH and hate that it returned. Wave 4 was rumored to have Hermi Odle and I don't see him so hopefully they broke up the wave. Other than that I have seen all of this rumored for a while.

tagmac
12-12-2006, 07:25 PM
Hopefully the Galactic Marine will be plentiful in the first assortment, because I can see that gold chase version being harder to find than any of the UGH figs were.

Jargo
12-12-2006, 09:57 PM
The 'new' probably means the last sculpt of that character released rather than an older POTF2 version.

have to say r2dtoys have been the swiftest getting hold of the new stuff in the UK really. seen some of it on ebay UK but as far as normal retailers go you can forget seeing anything new for months. the big stores just don't stock anything in any amount. it's not even worth shopping on the high street anymore.

incidentally, I just found this image in my picture archives. I can't remember where I found it though. tis a custom by the look of it. but not a bad one if a bit inaccurate. gives a nice idea of how the CZ-3 figure could look though.

Darth Cruel
12-12-2006, 10:11 PM
Great news although I thought the Saga repack line was going to be called Saga Legends.

And have we seen wave 2 or wave 3 of the TAC line? I certainly don't remember that.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-12-2006, 10:14 PM
Good to have you back Jargo. :thumbsup:

I wonder what the Jedi Luke is? That could be interesting.

The comic packs are bizarre:
87517 KOMARI VOSA & VILMARH GRAHRK - I thought Quinlan was coming with Villie?
87518 STORMTROOPER & R2-D2 - I hope they mean Stormtrooper Luke.
87519 OBI-WAN & ALPHA - this would be a good time to get a good Clone Trooper armor Obi-Wan, but I doubt it.

Jargo
12-12-2006, 10:33 PM
shhhh, I'm not here. you aint seen me. right?

sebillba
12-14-2006, 03:30 AM
Mr DP, I don't think we've chatted before, but I was also pleased to see your name again..... I read that Dr Who thread a while ago, and thought it was pathetic the way you were treated. I did intend to post a protest, but... ermmm... didn't quite get round to it.... sorry. Anyway, good to see you back! :thumbsup:

Tycho
12-14-2006, 11:35 AM
The comic packs are bizarre:
87517 KOMARI VOSA & VILMARH GRAHRK - I thought Quinlan was coming with Villie?

Vilmarh Grahrk IS Villie's real name. "Villie" is his nickname. Same character. Very cool. Hopefully not a Labrina repaint, but a whole new sculpt with cross-drawn, dual gun holsters that work.

87519 OBI-WAN & ALPHA - this would be a good time to get a good Clone Trooper armor Obi-Wan, but I doubt it.

Hasbro said they would be carding a Clone Trooper Armor Obi-Wan from Muunlist in 2008. I think this would be the perfect time to draw in some completists for the Comic 2-packs by first issuing the figure this way. I'll buy this pack, but I'm not a sucker for being a completist by any margin.

Meanwhile, Rebelscum had up the following rumor list:

Basic Figures
Pre-Cyborg Grievous - bah
McQuarrie Signature Series Luke Skywalker - no thanks
Elis Helrot - COOL! I'll take 3!
Miyoom Onith - SWEET - One would be enough though.
Holiday Special Boba Fett - Nah
Hermi Odle - NICE. 2 please.
Mcquarrie Signature Series Darth Vader - no
CZ-3 (Jabba's Palace) - AT LEAST 5 PLEASE!
Darth Malak (KOTOR) - I don't think so.
Yoda w/Kybuck - I DON'T KNOW.
Momaw Nadon (young?) - WTF? Maybe they are doing the Ithorian Jedi instead.
Anakin Skywalker with tattoos - Nah. Probably a repack of the Animated?

Comic Packs
PURGE Bultar Swan & ?? - Very cool possibility here.
Mara Jade & Luke Skywalker? - Hmmm. If it is a new Luke and improved Mara only.
Quinlan Vos & Vilmarh Grahrk - Yes. I'd buy at least 3!
Obi-Wan Kenobi & ARC Trooper Alpha - Yeah. Put me down for one minimal.
Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper) & R2-D2 - I don't think so.
Anakin Skywalker Trad? & A'sharad Hett - What Anakin do they mean? A'Sharad would be cool!
Leia Organa & Luke Skywalker (Dark Empire) - I have these already.
X-Wing Rogue Squadron 2-pack - Tycho? A figure for him? Hobbie and Janson finally? Loka Hosk would be the most recognizeable villain - or Ysanne Isard - or Baron Fel...this could be really cool.

figrin bran
12-14-2006, 11:51 AM
not more UGH's!!!!

shouldn't the two rumor list threads be merged?

dindae
12-14-2006, 01:37 PM
Vilmarh Grahrk IS Villie's real name. "Villie" is his nickname. Same character. Very cool. Hopefully not a Labrina repaint, but a whole new sculpt with cross-drawn, dual gun holsters that work.

I think JJL's statement was referring to the fact that Villie is listed with KOMARI VOSA not Quinlan as rumored. Now they may have moved him since he topped the fan's choice poll or maybe it's just wrong.

Hasbro said they would be carding a Clone Trooper Armor Obi-Wan from Muunlist in 2008. I think this would be the perfect time to draw in some completists for the Comic 2-packs by first issuing the figure this way. I'll buy this pack, but I'm not a sucker for being a completist by any margin.

I believe they are taking these figures from Republic #55.

abell748
12-14-2006, 02:52 PM
The comic pack that has Vosa and Villie can't be right. Villie was in the comics and Vosa was the main baddie in the Bounty Hunter video game. How do they do a issue themed 2 pack for two people who have never appeared anywhere close to each other?

DarkArtist
12-14-2006, 03:15 PM
I'm all for the Rogue Squadron two-pack but the way I see it we get Wedge and Luke most likely since they are the easiest to throw together. Would love to see some of the others as well, Tycho, Wes, Hobbie, Corran, Isard, Fel , etc. A cool idea for these would be the figure and his or her astromech. True it would give Hasbro a reason to give us yet another Luke and R2 but the concept could work.

LTBasker
12-16-2006, 12:20 PM
I just realized the UGH Gold coins were actually confirmed before this even came out. There was a Gold coin visible in the announcement with the coin album. :crazed:

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/default.cfm?page=news&newsID=E679C8F9-D56F-E112-40C988A06842902D

Assuming that large flap that we only see the graphic side of has 20 extra slots for coins, that's 80 total. So 60 basic figures, plus UGH and Hasbro mentioned there would be extra slots. Possibly 10 total UGHs again this year?

DarkArtist
12-19-2006, 02:38 PM
I'll pass on the UGH's unless it's a cool figure or an army builder. passed on this year's UGH's as well. only one I found was the AT-AT driver on a ripped in half card.

mtriv73
12-19-2006, 03:17 PM
I never saw a single UGH figure at retail this year. A friend picked up 3 for me. I won't be looking for them next year either. IMO, promotions like that serve no purpose other than getting scalpers more interested in the line.

Tycho
12-19-2006, 03:29 PM
I agree with Mtriv73.

From Hasbro's perspective, I can see how by getting ANY more individuals interested in the line, they increase the case-of-figures turn-over at retail, thereby winning themselves more orders.

Inclusive of variations, modern Star Wars figures are not rare and valuable. I think after 12 years of modern collecting, people have started to realize that or I just haven't heard much discussion about the .0000's or the short-saber / long trays in a while.

But if new individuals blunder into the collection because they want to at least justify it to themselves that "one day this is going to be valuable," then Hasbro and their retail partners will take the sale.

I don't keep carded figures, so personally, I could care less. I want to recreate dioramas and even skip figures that I don't need for them in leiu of getting armies built for the scenes I do need them for.

But this hobby claims all kinds.

Sinscia Fat'o
12-19-2006, 04:08 PM
So they're going to have gold coins with the figures this year as a chase promotion...I guess it's a good idea but i never actually seen any of this years Galactic hunt figs...i actually forgot about them until i seen a few of them on ebay.

Though in todays market of toy collecting nothing is valueable like the classic eras..AKA orginal Kenner figures from the 70's and 80's...that will never be preproduced by these things and most of us know it. Though i do keeo carded figures...for two reasons A. I'm afraid of being disappointed with alot of them now or days...and B. Pretty colors on the cards...(AKA i have more wall space than i do actual floor space). Though my favorite figs i keep loose for refrences for art and deco, actually in the new 30th anniversery tins...which are really nice holders...and just plain cool.

Jargo
12-23-2006, 02:27 PM
From an Interview with Derryl DePriest of Hasbro:
There will be one McQuarrie concept figure in the first 8 waves for 2007 (there are 9 waves total). However, the McQuarrie series will not end there; there are some special surprises in store to extend the collection beyond 8 but details on those are not yet ready to be announced.

Yes, Biggs in his Academy outfit will be in the very next wave (Wave 3) for 2007! Wave 2, themed around the Battle of Yavin, was actually originally designed to be the last wave in 2006. Because of a production delay, it was pushed out into 2007, and that's why there are back-to-back Biggs.

All 60 basic figures in our 30th Anniversary Collection for 2007 will come with unique character coins. Saga Legends, which includes around 24-26 figures in total for 2007, will share six movie-specific, rather than character specific, pack-in coins.

There will be a new wave of vintage style figures consisting of six figures we have not done before. Only one of these mentioned is correct (Luke Bespin). As for the others, we are going to keep the complexion of the line close to the vest. The scheduled on-shelf date is May, so we'll reveal the figures around Toy Fair time.

We are very excited about the comic series, and will release at least 15 2-packs in 2007. Most (about 75%) will be based on Dark Horse stories and the remaining issues will be based on Marvel issues. There will be approximately 50% new sculpts throughout the line, so many great characters (such as the Quinlan Vos and Vilmarh Grahrk 2-pack) will see their debut as figures. As far as other film adaptations, we have been looking at the Dark Horse adaptations but have not put them into the line yet. Dark Horse has produced so many great story lines and characters over the past decade that we wanted to get some of these in before we go back to the adaptations.

The approximate on-shelf date for Wave 2 basic figures is February. The comic packs will hit shelves in January.

We will be continuing the 7" Unleashed in the "greatest hits" tube-style packaging with one more wave at Wal-Mart in February. This will be a wave of three figures, one of which will be e a great new repaint. After this we'll look at the success of the tube-style approach and the total Unleashed 7" opportunity to see where we go from there.

http://www.leestoyreview.com/news-detail.asp?ID=2139