PDA

View Full Version : Highlander

DarkArtist
12-13-2006, 08:08 AM
I have to say that I am a big fan of the Highlander films. The story of "There Can Be Only One.", immortals fighting for a prize of ultimate knowledge and power from the Quickening.

Christopher Lambert gives a great performance as Connor McCleod, an immortal roaming the world in search of the prize. Starting out as a Scottish clan warrior who dies on the battlefield to only come back to life as the Highlander.

Sean Connery as Rameriez, c'mon it's like James Bond with a sword. Connery delivers both honesty, humor and spirit in his role of Connor's mentor and friend. One of the best parts is the training scene with the two of them, both Lambert and Connery's characters interact with each other perfectly.

The story is pretty much straight forward with Conner coming to accept his place in the world of immortals and trying to survive to win the prize. The movie shows flashbacks of how Connor grew and became the Highlander killing other immortals to ensure the prize in the end. The Quickening is a power surge of energy and lifeforce transferred from the slain immortal to the victor.

Of course the one immortal that ultimately must be defeated is the Kurgen, the very same immortal that kills Connor on the battlefield thus turning him into the Highlander. The ending battle is a classic.

The soundtrack is done by Queen and features such hits as Princes of the Universe, Hammer to Fall, Who Wants to Live Forever, and even Freddie belting out lyrics to New York New York. If your a fan of the TV Series, then you'll want to see how it all started.

"THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE."

El Chuxter
12-13-2006, 10:36 AM
The first one is awesome. The third is okay, but just a re-tread.

Two, four, and the TV show blow. Two makes no sense. Four and the TV show, well, you don't &^%$ with Christopher Lambert.

DarkArtist
12-13-2006, 12:27 PM
Yes the second is by far the worst ever. The third was soso, not cool with Mario Van Pebbles as the villian but the forth was awesome. I mean two Highlanders fighting the same villian. (was a big fan of the TV show so, to see Duncan and Conner on the big screen together was awesome.)

El Chuxter
12-13-2006, 12:47 PM
Yeah, but if I'm not mistaken, Duncan kills Connor. Total bullcrap. Connor would have totally DOMINATED Duncan.

Of course, Alex Trebek would've taken both of them. :)