PDA

View Full Version : Saga AOTC Clone Sergeant

Darth Cruel
12-13-2006, 09:04 PM
I am not sure if this qualifies as a true "Variant". But the stripe on the helmet of the newer figure does not extend all the way to the visor. The EE one does.

Darth Cruel
12-20-2006, 01:16 PM
Also...as many already know...the figure is shipping with an ESB stand instead of the AOTC one.

Luuuuuuke
12-21-2006, 06:52 PM
Have you noticed this: There's a red spot on the back of the green "fin" on the top of the helmet? I have 3 of these, and they all have this mysterious spot. I try scraping it off, but I'm afraid I'll take off green paint.

What the heck is that about?

Darth Cruel
12-21-2006, 07:02 PM
Have you noticed this: There's a red spot on the back of the green "fin" on the top of the helmet? I have 3 of these, and they all have this mysterious spot. I try scraping it off, but I'm afraid I'll take off green paint.

What the heck is that about?

Every one of the SA AOTC Clone Troopers that I own have that red spot (and I have over 100 of them). I have always presumed it to be a light that I just never looked for in the movies.

Luuuuuuke
12-21-2006, 07:15 PM
Every one of the SA AOTC Clone Troopers that I own have that red spot (and I have over 100 of them). I have always presumed it to be a light that I just never looked for in the movies.

Huh.. That's weird. All of my AOTC clones are post-Revenge of the Sith and non-SA (like the Evolutions ones and the Hunt for Grievous ones), so maybe that's why I didn't notice that red spot until this one.

It looks kind of dopey, like a mistake.

JediTricks
12-22-2006, 04:04 PM
The Ep 2 clones have a little data readout at the back of their helmet fins that's supposed to show the wearer's unit number, which is what that red spot is supposed to be.

plasticfetish
01-21-2007, 04:02 AM
Yes, silly old Hasbro...

Darth Cruel
01-25-2007, 12:54 PM
Has anybody seen a change to this error (I actually believe it to be a variation because it appears that the stand is intentional)?

Slicker
01-25-2007, 01:35 PM
The Ep 2 clones have a little data readout at the back of their helmet fins that's supposed to show the wearer's unit number, which is what that red spot is supposed to be.If the data readout is on the top...and all of the clones are the same size...how the hell are they supposed to see the top of the person in front them to know who it is?

plasticfetish
01-25-2007, 04:17 PM
Has anybody seen a change to this error (I actually believe it to be a variation because it appears that the stand is intentional)?Why would it have been intentional? (Saw another one at the store today and didn't look BTW. I'll check next time.)

JediTricks
01-26-2007, 05:22 PM
If the data readout is on the top...and all of the clones are the same size...how the hell are they supposed to see the top of the person in front them to know who it is?It's not supposed to be on the top, it's supposed to be on the back of the fin like I said, it's just that in that pic PF took Hasbro painted a little overlap on the top.

Darth Cruel
02-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Why would it have been intentional? (Saw another one at the store today and didn't look BTW. I'll check next time.)

Ummm...I wouldn't have a clue why it was intentional. I don't work at Hasbro. But if EVERY one of these figures has the same wrong stand and there is no correction, it would point to it being intentional. And when you add that so many of the figures have the wrong Movie names on the stands and have no corrections, it points even more in that direction. The alternative is that it is an error that way too many of these pieces got through QC AND QA for me to believe it is accidental.