PDA

View Full Version : AAT Tank

Darth Cruel
12-14-2006, 05:10 PM
I never bothered to open one of these when they were released in the previous lines. I just was not impressed by any description or picture I ever saw.

Oops

This thing is outstanding! I finally opened one for my son because he wanted one so badly, and when I put it together for him I was hit in the face with coolness. Now I want to have one opened next to the very few other ships that I have deemed to be worthy of opening: The Republic Gunship, and the Sith Starfighter. I was able to get a second 2-pack of the camoflaged battle droids and I will likely display those in the newer one. But I also want an EI version to open (I did get one to keep sealed) to display with OOM-9.

Tycho
12-15-2006, 03:54 AM
Yeah, I liked this vehicle, too.

jonthejedi
12-15-2006, 04:27 AM
Ditto that for my son. It's one of his fav. SW vehicles. I have two of the orig. & opened one...but the TAC version def. seems to show better deco. & battle weathering. I have 1 orig. hailfire droid, but never got one as an opener(may change my mind with the TAC)...how is it as a toy. Missiles all over the place & such?

Tycho
12-15-2006, 04:58 AM
IIRC, the Hailfire holds 32 missles, 16 on each cannon. 8 of those will fire spring-loaded from each side. The remaining 8 on each side are for storage (though the actual vehicle would fire all in "real life.")

The missles hook into the back of each launch tube that fires. There's no button, so jiggling them, accidentally can launch 16 missles - usually not all at the same time, nor from the same side.

The toy is fun however - especially if you have cats to torture with it :twisted: but it's also sweet to knock over an army of Clone Troopers with, though you have to experiment with the range as it tends to overshoot (no wonder the Republic won, right?)

Bosskman
12-15-2006, 05:34 AM
The AAT is a cool vehicle, both TPM and TAC. I have both of mine opened. My TPM one has a Boomder Damaged Battle Droid in the hatch, and my TAC one has a red Battle Droid in the hatch. The hailfire droid is also a cool vehicle. The TAC one is really cool looking with that color scheme. The CW one (the one from AOTC) is good too but I don't like how the missiles are bright red. I'm going to paint them someday soon.

jedi master sal
12-15-2006, 08:25 AM
I agree about these ships. When we first saw the AAT, I wasn't too impressed, but once I got the toy and opened it, it struck me as being a cool toy. I really dig the Hailfire droid. I don't have either yet in the new paint scheme, but fully intend on getting one of each on my next check.

JediTricks
12-15-2006, 09:51 PM
I changed the thread title so the "AAT" part was in all-caps (no title or post can be in all-caps, so it was "Aat").

Anyway, I'm surprised to hear folks didn't think much of the original, I got it when I first saw it in the Ep 1 line and liked it, though some of the gimmicks weren't fully developed enough. The lift-up commander gimmick wasn't always under his feet, the spinning damaged droid panel was a bit silly, and the battle-damaged removable forward housing didn't work out perfectly and didn't stay in place very well. Still, it looked good and displayed nicely, a good scale.

Question about the new one, does the removable panel stay on at all any better? And why isn't this one selling? It looks good, but it's the one that is shelfwarming in my area so far.

Darth Cruel
12-15-2006, 10:43 PM
I changed the thread title so the "AAT" part was in all-caps (no title or post can be in all-caps, so it was "Aat").

Anyway, I'm surprised to hear folks didn't think much of the original, I got it when I first saw it in the Ep 1 line and liked it, though some of the gimmicks weren't fully developed enough. The lift-up commander gimmick wasn't always under his feet, the spinning damaged droid panel was a bit silly, and the battle-damaged removable forward housing didn't work out perfectly and didn't stay in place very well. Still, it looked good and displayed nicely, a good scale.

Question about the new one, does the removable panel stay on at all any better? And why isn't this one selling? It looks good, but it's the one that is shelfwarming in my area so far.

Thanks JT. That was bughging the heck out of me. I thought I typed it in caps...and when I saw it come out in lower case...I was mad, but I figured I might be wearing out my welcome asking for corrections to me thread titles.

JediTricks
12-15-2006, 10:59 PM
Not a prob at all. It's the system that does it, even Steve and I can't reverse it, that's why I have to include 1 lowercase letter in that sort of thing.

Tenric78
12-15-2006, 11:33 PM
Ugh... now I have to buy one and I don't have any money because of Christmas! Curse my massive debts!

Blue2th
12-16-2006, 12:30 AM
I bought the Hailfire Droid, because it's a completely different color from the Clone Wars one. I also bought Vader's Starfighter. I skipped the AAT as I have both previous versions, but I think I will get one because of the weathering paint sceme. It seems different enough to warrant at least one.

dindae
12-17-2006, 01:15 AM

I am able to shake it upside down without the hatch coming off. All three vehicles are still moving pretty fast around here.

JediTricks
12-18-2006, 04:30 PM
Aww dang, if it stays on that well and the paint looks good on all 3, I may have to pick up all these vehicles after all, not at the $25 that TRU is asking though.

Tycho
12-18-2006, 05:19 PM
I got mine at Target for $19.99 each - the regular price. I passed on the Sith Starfighter though.

JediTricks
12-18-2006, 06:09 PM
I haven't seen any 30th Anniv vehicles at Target yet.

jedi master sal
12-19-2006, 11:24 AM
I've had to pass on these for the time being. I'm hoping to find these still within the next three to four weeks.

JON9000
12-19-2006, 12:48 PM
I have only seen Vader's fighter once, the hailfire and AAT are pretty easy to find.

DarkArtist
12-19-2006, 02:32 PM
I might have to get this one as well as the hailfire droid since I missed out on these during their first run.