PDA

View Full Version : Delay for First Wave of 30th Anniv. Figures

JediTricks
12-15-2006, 03:00 PM
Production delays causing a 2-month hangup for the first entries of the 30th Anniversary line's basic figures.

This just in, straight from Hasbro...
Due to unavoidable production delays, the first waves of Star Wars 30th Anniversary basic figures for 2007 will be delayed until March. We ae looking at every way to get the figures in earlier, but fans should not expect to find them on shelf on 1/1 as we were hoping. We expect subsequent waves beyond the first to be on schedule shortly thereafter. We'll keep everyone updated as needed, but please be patient. Thanks!Looks like the supplimentary 3 repaint waves for The Saga Collection are going to have to hold us through these lean times a little longer. We'll post any more news on this matter as soon as we get it.

dindae
12-15-2006, 03:05 PM
Wow I guess I will have some time to save up for all the multiples I plan on buying this year.

DarkArtist
12-15-2006, 03:13 PM
makes me wonder though, on ebay there are sellers that say they have in hand the Galactic Marine. Have seen photos of hands holding the figure both on the card and loose.

Kidhuman
12-15-2006, 03:24 PM
Well thats good since we still have 2 more waves of Saga figs to get. That would have been a mess at stores.

Slicker
12-15-2006, 04:52 PM
HAW! isobaws& (http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-wars-30th-Anniversary-Galactic-Marine-Figure-MOMC_W0QQitemZ270067733683QQihZ017QQcategoryZ2476Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Darth Cruel
12-15-2006, 04:52 PM
I am extremely glad to get this news. For more than one reason. It will help me to better prepair for the troop-building monetarily for one. The other is that if I am successful at starting up as a retailer...this delay will give me more time to be able to start with the beginning of the TAC.

General_Grievous
12-15-2006, 04:53 PM
Blessing in disguise for me. Gives me time to catch up and save up.

Blue2th
12-15-2006, 07:29 PM
I think the demand for Greatist Battles and Heroes and Villians is why. I still see retailers stocking the pegs with these. We need more! They must still be selling like hot cakes. I forsee them doing the same by February or even March. Hasbro is going to have to ramp up production to fill the orders, and you can't have too much of a good thing. Though we might get a good mix of the last two Saga waves mixed in there if we are lucky. I hope Walmart is drowning in their exclusive Saga's by then.:ninja:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-15-2006, 08:12 PM
While I want to get these figures, I agree that it will give me more time to save up some money. I'll be getting less stuff this year for Christmas (not too much less, though) since I'm getting a drum kit that turned out to be somewhat expensive. I'm actually glad that these were delayed.

JediTricks
12-15-2006, 08:25 PM
Personally, I don't like this news, we've already suffered a lot of downtime over the past few years, the end of the Saga line left a void, the whole OTC line was filler and even it had to be padded to reach the finish line, the ROTS line had to be padded to fill half a year, and the Endor 2/TPM wave was released months ago (though you'd barely know it by store shelves, minus the pegwarming Naboo Soldier and Zapped Vaders of course) plus the TSC line already has 3 extension waves to fill the gap there. Hopefully it works out ok but all the downtime and extensions the last few years has left me wondering why there's so much stalling between August and March with all these lines, it makes it very frustrating to keep up.

HAW! isobaws& (http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-wars-30th-Anniversary-Galactic-Marine-Figure-MOMC_W0QQitemZ270067733683QQihZ017QQcategoryZ2476Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)
I saw that one and the other 3 on ebay right now, none are in-hand. That one doesn't say it's actually in-hand, it says "Figure will come out of a factory sealed case" and in tiny light green writing says "This item is a pre-sell and to comply with Ebay policy, if we cannot ship this item to you within 30 days of payment, you may request and receive a full refund! Please contact me with any questions about this pre-sell!"

Mad Slanted Powers
12-15-2006, 09:14 PM
I didn't think these were going to be coming out right away anyway since there are still a couple waves plus the Wal-Mart wave yet to show up. I've seen very little of the Naboo wave. Wal-Mart is filled with lots of Heroes and Villains and other older waves. Target and Fred Meyer are filled with Jerjerrods. Hopefully this extra time will allow the existing figures to clear out some more and maybe I'll see the remaining TSC waves.

figrin bran
12-15-2006, 10:34 PM
i don't mind the down time at all!

abell748
12-16-2006, 04:43 AM
I see the delay as blessing in disguise. There has been so much stuff the last few months that I am tapped. Now I can focus on getting that last 2 repaint waves (Appo and Walmart waves), before the TAC onslaught begins. I can save some money now for the TAC and CIV since there is really nothing to get now but about 10 figures until March.

K M Toydarian
12-16-2006, 05:02 AM
Gives me time to pay for the expensive Jabba coming early next year from Sideshow. As long as we see the last few Saga waves, I'm content.

jedi master sal
12-17-2006, 10:02 AM
This definitely seems like a good thing for the majority of us. Also hasbro has said they would be continuing to ship the last three waves of TSC into the first couple of months of 2007, so this all makes sense to me.

I too agree that it will allow us to save money for those TAC waves, as well as get teh figs we want from the last three TSC waves without worrying about having to get them from eBay.

For once Hasbro's shipping problems work to most of our favor. I don't think many of us will mind a delay. A break in the action would be nice, as during 2006 many of us were in a fevered pitch trying to get all this stuff.

I've got lots of GG stuff on order, so Hasbro can wait even longer to get the crap together as far as I'm concerned. I'm still going to buy their stuff regardless of when it comes out. But a later date woudl work for me on so many levels. Besides, it would also hopefully mena that they could spread out the TAC waves a bit longer over the year and have new product shipping all the time.

Darth Cruel
12-17-2006, 10:10 AM
I do hope they continue to ship wave 8. That will give me some more time to troop-build the 442nd and 5th Fleet Troopers

jedi master sal
12-17-2006, 11:35 AM
I do hope they continue to ship wave 8. That will give me some more time to troop-build the 442nd and 5th Fleet Troopers

Or for some of us to even get ONE of them....Cripes I'd like to army buld these troops too, but I haven't seen ANY still to date, from this wave.

Old Fossil
12-17-2006, 12:05 PM
I'm a little disappointed, since I'm only looking for 5 or 6 figures total from the last Saga waves (8 & 9), and am skipping the WM Exclusive wave altogether. I was looking forward to beginning to assemble Ki-adi Mundi's small squad of Marines around late January.

tagmac
12-19-2006, 06:13 PM
Can't complain about the delay. It's hard enough finding figures in the first few weeks after Christmas. Better to get these after the post-holiday inventories are done, where the chances of stores putting out more cases increases. Not to mention, I can save a little money for these, in case I need to go to EE or KB to order sets/individuals online (my days of buying cases are long gone).

DarkArtist
01-02-2007, 01:31 PM
this makes me wonder if they are also going to push back the Yavin Wave as well since it's release date was set for March, or are they going to ship both waves at once ?

sebillba
01-19-2007, 12:20 PM
I pre-ordered the first two waves from R2DToys, and was surprised to see I've already been charged the full amount, so I phoned them up, and they told me they're expecting them in before the end of this month, not March. And both waves are coming in at the same time.:D I hope this is right... I'm sure they'd know if there were still production delays.

El Chuxter
01-19-2007, 12:23 PM
I think Vader said it best:

NNNNNNNNNNNN
NNNNNOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOO
OOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

dindae
01-19-2007, 12:27 PM
I agree with Chux. If the first two waves of TAC are hitting at the end of this month, I'm gonna go broke. If we get wave 9 and the WM wave then as well I might as well take a 2nd mortage.

Darth Cruel
01-19-2007, 12:36 PM
My own thoughts on the matter:

1) It is possible that there is no delay.

2) It is possible that there IS a delay, but only for part of the shipment and some retailers are getting theirs on schedule.

3) It is possible that there IS a delay, but some retailers either didn't get the memo or are playing stupid to get the money so they don't go under.

4) Entertainment Earth has theirs marked as expected in March, which coincides with Hasro's press release.

5)Hasbro would not have released a statement that there was a delay if there were not.

My own conclusion: There IS a delay. Either partial, or complete with some retailers either not knowing or pretending not to know.

DarkArtist
01-19-2007, 01:15 PM
I can't wait to see these on the pegs. would love to see them in Feb but can wait until March if I have to.

dindae
01-19-2007, 01:52 PM
Historically I think Hasbro delays their estimates to be safe. If they say March the first reports will come in Feb. This would still be a delay since we typically see the first wave of the new year in late december/early January. And I'm sure that Hasbro has been trying to do what it can to speed things up so they don't have any gaps in production so the delay may have been minimized since the announcement or exaggerated like Scotty to Kirk. Here are my plans for the next few waves.

Wave 9 - 8 figures
WM wave - 4
TAC 1 - 18 figures
TAC 2 - 8 or 10 figures (depends on if I decide to buy extra Boba's to display the extra heads)

sebillba
01-19-2007, 04:13 PM
I can't really afford them this month, and I've still got the last of the Saga figures to get, but since my credit card has already been charged, I hope they do show up soon. I said to the guy at R2DToys that I thought they'd been delayed till March, and he said that while most retailers might not be getting them till then, they were expecting theirs in within the next week to ten days. I'll be sure to report back as soon as they arrive.... if it is sooner rather than later.

figrin bran
01-24-2007, 12:15 PM
i'm not sure where else to post this but here's the Target info for 30thAC.

3.75" Basic Figures: 087-06-1990 - $6.99

so the much ballyhooed price increase is only around .30.

Darth Cruel
01-24-2007, 02:08 PM
i'm not sure where else to post this but here's the Target info for 30thAC.

3.75" Basic Figures: 087-06-1990 - $6.99

so the much ballyhooed price increase is only around .30.

No...it is a dollar. The complaints started when the figures were 5.99. They just increased it incrementally in a vain effort to mask it.

dindae
01-24-2007, 02:42 PM
I thought the MSRP was already $6.99. Now most target have lowered the price to be competitive with Wal-Mart but Kmart and TRU have been at $6.99 since ROTS.