PDA

View Full Version : I had a dream where I was a rock music producer.

Tycho
12-15-2006, 07:09 PM
I had just completed work on a cassette tape for the band (yeah, a cassette tape?!) and I was looking over the wrapper envelope.

They were a quintet act, but they used backup performers for some of their songs.

I listed those additional musicians in the credits as "The Less Talented Contributors:" I think that was supposed to be an internal memo joke but it was not funny that it was published for mass distribution.

In the meanwhile, I remember the faces of "The Less Talented" from a music video we recorded at the beach. Amongst them, I recall an attractive girl with blue and black streaked hair who always wore sunglasses even on overcast days.

Also, two of the regular band members were small, black dianogas (from ANH's trash compactor) and they rode on tour being strapped on to the top of the van (which was the Scooby-Doo Mystery Machine), tied up there with bungie cords and tentacles waving. We put sheets over them in case it started to rain.

Strange dream... PR nightmare.

2-1B
12-15-2006, 08:43 PM
I had the exact same dream last night.

But in mine, I was laying down an 8 Track.

figrin bran
12-15-2006, 10:40 PM
in my dream, i told them that they needed more cowbell.

2-1B
12-15-2006, 11:18 PM
false-cowbell

JetsAndHeels
12-16-2006, 05:12 PM
I had a dream that a cheeseburger was eating me!!

Tycho
12-16-2006, 06:02 PM
I had a dream that a cheeseburger was eating me!!

WoW! What happened?!

JetsAndHeels
12-16-2006, 06:09 PM
WoW! What happened?!

I guess you never watch Seinfeld. :)

Tycho
12-16-2006, 06:11 PM
I guess you never watch Seinfeld. :)

No. There wasn't enough explosions, car chases, gunplay, that sort of thing. There was just this laugh track as if the producers had to tell the audience what was funny. :confused:

JetsAndHeels
12-16-2006, 06:24 PM
There was just this laugh track as if the producers had to tell the audience what was funny. :confused:

Because it is funny!!
:)

2-1B
12-16-2006, 06:46 PM
Because it is funny!!
:)

Giddy up. :grin:

Tycho
12-16-2006, 07:37 PM
Is this one of those instances where the think laughter is contagious? Well so is my head cold!

2-1B
12-16-2006, 08:39 PM
lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
lol lol lol lol lol lol laughter is contagious lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

El Chuxter
12-16-2006, 10:56 PM
Slicker's Mom is contagious. I'd stay in the next room.

mabudonicus
12-17-2006, 11:14 AM
That tour bus is in direct violation of STANSE copyright, Tycho, go watch Rockin Deuce and you can see the Mastery Machine which is clearly what you describe, tho the band is clones not dianogas :beard:Isobaws&

Tycho
12-17-2006, 01:51 PM
Maybe I was nostalgic for Stanse and it came up in my subconscious so I dreamt this! Whoa!

What can you tell us about Stanse, Mabudonicus?

Mad Slanted Powers
12-17-2006, 05:10 PM
Back in high school, I dreamed I was playing "Won't Get Fooled Again" at the high school talent show. Then I woke up and that song was playing on the radio.

mabudonicus
12-18-2006, 08:57 AM
Tycho, they're still in the studio (having problems getting the damn drums set up but we'll get it done in the next days, we have vocals and guitar recorded in a "real" studio so far, the tracks are gonna be AWESOME)

Sometime in the early new year, the first OFFICIAL Stanse video will street, and I iwll make a big noise when it happens so you won't miss it :beard:Isobaws&

Tycho
12-18-2006, 09:10 AM
Cool. I hope they are keeping their more Mandalorian AOTC look rather than going with a ROTS style. The "Mandy-Commando look" was awesome!

STANSE is cool!

2-1B
12-18-2006, 07:34 PM
I prefer the Arnold-Commando look but ...

bobafrett
12-18-2006, 07:39 PM
Back in high school, I dreamed I was playing "Won't Get Fooled Again" at the high school talent show. Then I woke up and that song was playing on the radio.

I had a similar thing happen to me in a dream, where I would hear music in my dream only to wake and find I had set my alarm to wake me to music. I always use the "beep" tone on my alarm clock, as the music just doesn't wake me up.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-18-2006, 08:22 PM
I had a similar thing happen to me in a dream, where I would hear music in my dream only to wake and find I had set my alarm to wake me to music. I always use the "beep" tone on my alarm clock, as the music just doesn't wake me up.A couple years ago, I was dreaming that I was watching some sort of Wayne's World type cable access show. There was the psychedelic graphics, a buzzing guitar, and then a steady drum and cymbal beat. Then I wake up and the sound was one of those powered staple guns I think on a house that was being built near me.

The thing that kind of intrigues me about something like this is that in the dream, it seems like everything naturally leads up to an event like that, yet the sound may have just started. I think part of it may be that time may be altered in dreams. Time in a dream = much less time in real life, sort of like watching a tape on fast forward but our brain perceives it as normal speed. Or, maybe there is also an element of precognition. Our brain anticipates the future sounds that might awake us and creates a dream that will incorporate it.