PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Dud Bolt!!!

JediTricks
12-17-2006, 05:03 PM
This is the first Star Wars figure I've had break in a long time. I just opened up the Dud Bolt/Mars Guo set and noticed that Dud Bolt's chinstrap was in his mouth, looked like a creepy S&M ball-gag, so I removed the helmet from the front, took off the ball-jointed head, and put the helmet back on so the chinstrap was over his actual chin. But once I got it to the ears it was a tight fit, I tried working with it then all of a sudden it gave in, turned out the strap broke in the middle, right where it meets to the ball gag part, and the strap isn't actually long enough to fit over his chin even though that's how he's wearing it in the movie photo.

Plus, why do these guys come with Deluxe Durge's rifle and blaster?

Rocketboy
12-17-2006, 06:01 PM
Plus, why do these guys come with Deluxe Durge's rifle and blaster?Because they transform and combine to make Durge.

Old Fossil
12-17-2006, 06:05 PM
Bring out the Gimp.

2-1B
12-17-2006, 06:23 PM
Dud Bolt's chinstrap was in his mouth, looked like a creepy S&M ball-gag, so I removed the helmet from the front, took off the ball-jointed head, and put the helmet back on so the chinstrap was over his actual chin.

WHY wouldn't you leave it that way ? ? ? ? ? :confused: That's awesome, he'd display very well with his fellow podracer Teemto. ;) ;) ;)

Veers
12-17-2006, 08:27 PM
I never open mine. The figures look good in the package. When you open them, they just do not feel right. The vintage figures are solid. These new figs seem flimsy and cheap. Please Hasbro, at least use better plastic when making these figs. At least the POTF line from the orange carded figs through the Freeze Frame period, the human figures looked okay and the plastic that was used was better.

Darth Jax
12-17-2006, 08:41 PM
maybe thats why he ended up in the medcenter, he choked on his helmet.

DarkArtist
12-17-2006, 08:41 PM
I thought I was the only one who thought it was the first in a limited series of S & M Star Wars Figures. I think that if we got this one then what's the hold-up on the Padme' with Leather dress.

jedi master sal
12-18-2006, 03:43 PM
maybe thats why he ended up in the medcenter, he choked on his helmet.

Okay everone reread this comment...

I'm NOT touching that one with a ten foot pole.

Kidhuman
12-18-2006, 04:57 PM
LOL Sal, JT, this is why its better to be a carded collector. But on the otehr hand, when I do open it and find it broken, I cant run to Target or WM for an exchange. Time to rethinkn my life.......

Staying a carded collector.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-18-2006, 05:01 PM
Okay everone reread this comment...

I'm NOT touching that one with a ten foot pole.
He may have choked on it, but I don't think it was quite ten feet. ;)

Anyway, I haven't had any problems with it. From this wave, however, Vader's little red and blue wires from his hand broke off when I was taking off the hand. Oh well.

JediTricks
12-18-2006, 05:06 PM
Yeah, stay a carded collector and it'll always be a ball gag in his mouth. :p

You people are inappropriate!

Darth Cruel
12-18-2006, 08:15 PM
I am offended...umm...what was the question?

mabudonicus
12-19-2006, 11:39 AM
At least he isn't in FLAGRANT disagreement with the movie pics as bad as Mars Guo is, that "windscreen" and leather helmet got turned into a pair of goggles

Too bad ya broke him, too, JT, I had a feeling I was gonna wreck mine trying to get the helmet off- last figure I broke right out of the package was that "sensorscope" R2, I turned him the wrong way an the "retractable" bit never came out again :beard:Isobaws&

Dark Marble
12-19-2006, 12:52 PM
Anyway, I haven't had any problems with it. From this wave, however, Vader's little red and blue wires from his hand broke off when I was taking off the hand. Oh well.

Mine too! I always thought a figure with the exposed wires would be cool. This is just not what I had in mind at all. I have not opened my pod racers yet. I will make sure not to mess with them to much.

DarkArtist
12-19-2006, 01:41 PM
I didn't have a problem with Dud Bolt, except I like the ball gag feature, it's just plain funny. I showed it to my wife and said "look Star Wars goes Bondage."

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-19-2006, 04:57 PM
At least he isn't in FLAGRANT disagreement with the movie pics as bad as Mars Guo is, that "windscreen" and leather helmet got turned into a pair of goggles
The worst part about this is, he's not totally inaccurate. For some reason, the CGI model of Mars Guo has the goggles while the puppet has the windscreen. It makes no damn sense at all. I wish they would've done the windscreen instead, since that's the one we see up close in the movie.

JediTricks
12-19-2006, 05:25 PM
At least he isn't in FLAGRANT disagreement with the movie pics as bad as Mars Guo is, that "windscreen" and leather helmet got turned into a pair of gogglesD'oh! Good point, not sure why the goof up on this. There are shots of Guo in the podracer with the goggles the figure has, while as JabbaJohn points out in the puppet close-up shot he's wearing the crazy lens-windscreen thing. One of Lucasfilm's official marketing photos for the guy has the goggles: http://videostarwars.site.voila.fr/font_edition_speciale/mars_guo.jpg

Too bad ya broke him, too, JT, I had a feeling I was gonna wreck mine trying to get the helmet off- last figure I broke right out of the package was that "sensorscope" R2, I turned him the wrong way an the "retractable" bit never came out again :beard:Isobaws&Helmet off wasn't much trouble, it would have been even easier if I had removed his head and taken it off from the back.

That's weird about your R2, mine turns either way and the scope pops up and down.

JON9000
12-19-2006, 06:10 PM
Staying a carded collector.

I had to bow down to the realities of constricted space once I began moving my collection out of my parents' basement. I couldn't believe the sheer cubic footage required to store my collection. Soon I'll just have a 4 tackle boxes with loose figures (about a hundred), a few choice, loose vehicles, and my vintage collection.

I'm not into podracers without pods anyway.

joe-da
12-20-2006, 03:29 PM
I had the same issue with the part in Dud's mouth (since it's not supposed to be IN the mouth). Mine broke too, as did the Vader "wires" when removing his glove.

JediTricks
12-20-2006, 04:21 PM
I had the same issue with the part in Dud's mouth (since it's not supposed to be IN the mouth). Mine broke too, as did the Vader "wires" when removing his glove.
Sorry to hear that it happened to you, but I am glad to hear I'm not the only one who has this issue. Sucks about Vader's wires, I didn't get the figure or I'd be complaining about that too, I'm sure.

mabudonicus
12-21-2006, 10:27 AM
Okay, thanks JJL and JT, I was SURE I'd seen him with the goggles, but the pic on the card made me really confused- TPM not being my fave film, I don't have any reference material so alls I could do is wonder about it (and I only have the VHS of it and I'll be damned if I'm gonna dig it out and mess with it long enough to actually see the few seconds of Guo there are in there anyways)

Either way, both of 'em are still kinda cool, nice and colourful-like, and much better than ol gasgano fared :beard:Isobaws&

2-1B
12-21-2006, 11:48 AM
TPM not being my fave film,

only 'cause The Deuce isn't in it, right ? :(

Either way, both of 'em are still kinda cool, nice and colourful-like, and much better than ol gasgano fared :beard:Isobaws&

the figure or the exiled forumite ? :confused: