PDA

View Full Version : What's left to make

Jon
02-02-2002, 11:24 AM
Let's see, for the most part all the old figures from the original line have been redone except for the following:

Cloud Car Pilot (Bespin)
General Madine
Imperial Dignitary
5 Ewoks (Chief Chirpa, Lumat, Paploo, Warok & Romba)

(I'm not counting Black Bespin Guard or Rebel Commander since a Bespin Guard and a Hoth Rebel Soldier have been done already)

What do you think? Will we get all these remade?

I wouldn't care if all the ewoks weren't made, but lets get the rest of them.

JEDIpartner
02-02-2002, 12:16 PM
Well...

If Hasbro ever gets around to putting out a Cloud Car, you can bet your bippy that they will put that pilot in as a badly sculpted pack-in and call it a day.

We've all been yelling for Crix Madine and ol' man Rieekan, so hopefully we will see these boys soon. The problem is... now that we are getting the blue card line, it seems that they are getting pack-in crazy. My question is, what could you really pack-in with these figures... well- what can you pack-in that isn't entirely HUGE?!

As far as the Ewoks are concerned, I think we will eventually see a couple more Ewoks before Hasbro is done taking our cash. There are a couple of Ewoks due in the next year... one on a card and another as a pack-in with the Scout Walker/Speeder Bike set. So... you can at least count on TWO more coming our way.

I have no idea whether or not we will see the Imperial Dignitary as the line seems to have been skewed more toward children and there is no way kids are gonna want this geezer ("Priscilla Queen of the Empire"). He is really more of a collector's piece. I suppose we'll have to see how the blue line develops before I make any final judgements on it.

Jargo
02-02-2002, 01:38 PM
Oh man! JEDIpartnr you just conjured up the most horrible image for me of that dignitary in high heels and a fright wig singing I am what I am with a chorus of Imperial officers dancing in the background. (He looks so deathly that guy. how could he be 'Priscilla Queen of the Empire' Isn't that Moff Jerjerrod?) HEHEHE! :D

With the releases of senators from episode one and episode two being snapped up then I'm sure we may get a new imperial dignitary. I suspect it may come as a pack-in if they ever decide to release the shuttle as has been rumoured and whispered. I'd rather get both dignitaries in a deluxe 2-pack than have one released as a lame pack-in. Fatty and skinny would look so cool either side of the Emperor on his throne. Wicked!! :D

Madine though could pack with either a holo projector or a Home-one control seat and console. That's the only way I see him coming if he doesn't make it to a generic card. deluxe-fan-choice or whatever.
There is a rebel officer touted for this year sometime I believe. :)
Could be Madine, Rieeken, Antilles, Dodona, Derlin. You're guess is as good as mine on this one.

Ewoks. Romba, Warok, Lumat, Chief Chirpa, imp helmet xylophone playing ewok, female and child ewok. All possibles. only time will tell. If the tusken female sells well the ewok female might follow. Traditionally this hobby is a boys thing but do boys want a female and child figure? obviously yes but hasbro is thick and doesn't listen to the collectors so....... Just buy the tusken female and hope.

Cloud car pilot was one of my favourite vintage figures because he was so cheerful looking. I'd love the figure even if there was no cloud car for him to pilot. he'd just add to my bespin display as a background character with the ugnaughts. we can but hope.

There's craploads of stuff coming out later this year by all accounts. The convention this month gives us episode two, the conventions in the summer are gonna give us the classic figures hopefully. The conjoined conglomerated lines of episodes 1,2,4,5 and 6 should throw up some very interesting items as Lucas strives to fudge the two trilogies together into a cohesive whole so too will the toy lines get fudged together and give us stuff that ties the prequels to the OT. Can't wait. :D :crazed:

mark2d2
02-02-2002, 06:24 PM
R5D4R5D4 R5D4

bigbarada
02-02-2002, 07:57 PM
Why does everyone always forget about the original Klaatu? (correctly named Wooof) Poor guy.:cry:

Jargo
02-02-2002, 08:26 PM
Sorry about that BB. :) Of course there's wooof or furry skirt klaatu. Although hasbro would probably only give a new version a plastic furry skirt. but there you go. And of course the eponymous R5-D4 (but he's on the way, I can feel it in the wind.....) What can you do though, it's Hasbro. :stupid:

bigbarada
02-02-2002, 09:38 PM
I'm actually not to eager for Hasbro to remake Klaatu/Wooof as they will only screw him up with a plastic 'loincloth.' I really do like the character, in fact I considered naming myself after him; but couldn't come up with anything catchy enough. So I stuck with my current name.

;)

yaddle yodas love pu
02-03-2002, 02:33 PM
Dont forget Gen Dodonna, Gen Riekan and the remaining 6 Jedi Council that have yet to be made.

Lord Tenebrous
02-03-2002, 05:09 PM
I guess nobody's taking Eeth as a serious figure, because he leaves only 5 Jedi Council members to be made. :) But this thread is about Vintage updating.

Cloud Car pilot would only be cool with a vehicle, because he looks like a knock-off of Cyclops from X-Men. The EU version wasn't better. Give him a removeable helmet, and I'll be much happier.

Ewoks would be great for deluxe. Two well-sculpted Ewoks w/ an Endor battle accessory would be sweet. I'd pack them as:

* Chief Chirpa and Logray
* Romba and Lumat
* Warok and AT-ST driver
* Paploo and Wicket (re-release)

The Imperial Dignitary will probably make for a good crossover character. There was a Lucasfilm Magazine picture that showed an AOTC extra in Dignitary-type clothing. But I have a feeling this won't get done until they agree on making a Neimoidian Dignitary figure (the robed quartet on Naboo). We'll have to wait and see.

Gen. Madine was sweet in the Vintage line, and a POTJ-style update would make him even better. :)

Beast
02-03-2002, 05:45 PM
Figures that need done, (Including those that need re-done) from the vintage line.

A New Hope:
Death Squad Commander (POTF2 one was to posed)
R5-D4 (POTF2 one was an abomination)
Death Star Droid (We need a silver one, for the Sandcrawler)
Luke Skywalker: Stormtrooper (A 2-pack w/ Han using Commtech Trooper bodies)

Empire Strikes Back:
Cloud Car Pilot
AT-AT Driver/General Veers (The pack-in with the AT-AT was bad)
Bespin Security Guard (Black)
Dengar (We need him with the backpack he wore in Empire)
Princess Leia: Bespin Gown (The Leia Collection version ...ick.)
Hoth Rebel Soldier (The tan vested ones)

Return of the Jedi
Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight (Modern line has has never done justice to the figure.)
Emporer's Royal Guard (We should get a good version with E2.)
General Madine
Imperial Dignitary
Klatuu (aka. Wooof)
Lando Calrissian: General (Ugh, the POTF2 one was to musclebound.)
Luke Skywalker: Poncho (Give him a removable helmet and poncho.)
Princess Leia:Poncho (Same as the Luke)
Chief Chirpa
Lumat
Paploo
Warok
Romba

That should do, to give us decent versions of the remaining vintage figures that haven't been re-made yet. I may have missed one or two, but these are the ones that need work, or need to be done, period.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rollo Tomassi
03-22-2002, 09:17 AM
You got your Paploo, Jar Jar!

Yup. I'm still waiting for Cloud Car Pilot, General Madine, Imperial Dignitary , and Wooof. What's up Hasbro?

Dryanta
03-22-2002, 10:26 AM
For those of you in this thread wanting a new R5 D4.When I bought the R4 M9 at Walmart I ran the barcode under the price scanner.He came up as R5 D4.Is this nothing or does it mean something?Can some of you shed some light?Hopefully good news

evenflow
03-22-2002, 10:39 AM
I wish they would just make a new Dignitary. It could be in the supposed 2-pack assortment.

mark2d2
03-24-2002, 06:53 AM
Dryanta -- that's very interesting. As you may or may not know, R5-D4 was pulled rather abruptly and then replaced with R4-M9. But with you reporting that R4 scans as R5 --- I now think that they must've really pulled this guy at the very last minute. Maybe he does already exist somewhere. Resculpted and ready to go.

I don't get it. What's the hold up Hasbro? Why didn't you release him in the first of second wave of ATOC?

It's a plot, I swear. A plot! A fiendish plot! You're all against me! Ack...help. Must take meds!

Flembar
04-03-2002, 06:25 PM
I know this thread is about remakes... and I second the Imperial Diognatary request... but Id love to see some of the never mades get produced.

ie the remaining Jedi Counsel

the remaining cantina aliens (like those two sexy space twins----groooowwwwwl)

Reiken and Dodonna

and then some expanded universe... Id love to see the bad guys from the Dark Forces video game get made--just seems we dont have enough bad jedis to fight all the good ones theyve made

some more imperials... maybe the various stormtroopers that occur only in the role playing game (eg swamp trooper, etc)

more droids too.

peace out.

-Flembar-
:crazed: