PDA

View Full Version : QUESTIONS FOR HASBRO - round 21

JediTricks
12-18-2006, 02:06 PM
Please post your VOTE for up to 6 {six} of the questions provided in this thread, letting us know which ones you most want to see asked on Friday, January 5th. Keep in mind that your votes in round 20 do not count in this round, so if your question is still on the list, you may want to vote for it again.

Also, feel free to post new questions. For reference, here are Hasbro's answers from previous SSG questions (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=76); and from other sites (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=510).

Current questions (vote for up to 6):

- What is the status of Playskool's Jedi Force line?

- Having met some of you at SD Comic-Con, where I've been able to talk to you and learn all sorts of things about the struggle involved in making these toys, I wonder if maybe you'd consider sharing a lot more of that with collectors in general? If not, why? - asked by Plasticfetish
- Back when you were posting updates about the Fan's Choice figure development on your site, it did a lot to generate interest. Any chance that you'd go back to doing something like that? If not, why?
- I've seen the Kenner and Galoob logos on a few things lately. Is that just a "special" thing, or are we looking to see a relaunch of some old brands?
- Are more properties aside from Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, Marvel, and Transformers planned for the Titanium Series lines?
- With each figure in The Saga Collection line having at least 6 different "exclusive hologram figure" pack-ins, some collectors think these were created solely to sell multiples of the same figure to completists. What was the thinking behind these "exclusive hologram figure" pack-ins, and why change the color from blue to red when there were no red character holograms in the movies?
- Canadaian collectors miss out on a many of the US-only store exclusives. Any chance Canadians could have every exclusive figure/vehicle/combination made available on shop.starwars.com after their shelf runs in the US stores?
- Is there any possibility of seeing a 7" Unleashed Clone Wars Animated wave?
- What is the status of the Holiday line? Any thoughts to a release of a Padme & Anakin with baby Luke manger type of scene?
- With talk about the Expanded Universe figures returning in 2007, are the EU figures going to be short-packed like TSC's Scorch or will there be enough for everyone?
- If Hasbro feels that mid-sized vehicles is the way to go, then will we be seeing more airspeeders and landspeeders in the forseeable future? Some of the airspeeders are pretty much snubfighter sized.
- Eventually will all the Episode III Clone Commanders be released as an entire set?
- With the release of the George Lucas in Stormtrooper Disguise and the Lucas Family Collection, can we expect to see a George Lucas the Director action figure in his trademarked flannel shirt and perhaps variations of old and young Lucas?
- Will there ever be a Fan's Choice Titanium Series Forged Figure?
- Has Hasbro considered taking figures that were released in the original Kenner vintage line that have already been remade with modern VOTC quality (example: OTC Cloud Car Pilot) and packaging them on VOTC-style packaging, perhaps for a lower price than new-mold VOTC go for (msrp $10)?
- Are there going to be any more silver 'raw metal' Titanium 3" ships like the silver Slave I, 5-pack Millennium Falcon, 5-pack Death Star, etc.?
- Knowing you can't (or won't) divulge any specifics - has pre-production begun on any of the new toy products that will come out in support of the 2 Star Wars tv series that are currently being developed?
- Considering it is the very first spaceship we see in Star Wars and plays a significant role in the first part of the movie, as well as appearing in ROTS, will the Tantive IV (aka Rebel Blockade Runner) vehicle ever be offered?
- Since we've seen Star Wars crossovers with Transformers done in the Star Wars Transformers line, the Attacktix line, and even some might argue the Titanium Series line; and Marvel Superheroes now have Titanium and Galactic Hero-styled entries, will we get other kinds of crossover entries, perhaps GI Joe Galactic Heroes? Star Wars, Transformers, and GI Joe all had their first comic ties to Marvel, so it'd be... uh... "perfect"!
- Though you said you wouldn't be releasing any new Separatist Leaders or Neimoidians in 2007 does this include repaints and retools of existing ones?
- What does Hasbro think about using the New Jedi Order (Yuuzhan Vong) series of novels for source material for the Expanded Universe collection?
- Since the upcoming Saesee Tiin's Jedi Starfighter is an orange version of the AOTC ship, does this lower the chances of getting the green & gray (with yellow droid) ROTS version of his ship as seen in the Clone Wars cartoon episode 23, or is it possible that we will still see one in the future?
- In the pictures we've seen for the Ambush On Ilum Battlepack, it appears that the C-3PO figure is gold. In the cartoon, during the Ilum sequence, C-3PO is the grayish color he was in Attack of the Clones. Will the figure in the Battlepack be repainted to reflect this, or will he remain the inaccurate gold?
- What kind of articulation do the Chameleon Droids have in the Ambush On Ilum Battlepack?
- Since the AAT has been rereleased with the mid-sized vehicles, will the similarly-sized TX-130 Saber-class tank - seen in the Star Wars: Clone Wars and Battlefront videogames - ever be made? The vehicle was even used for both Republic and Imperial troops in Battlefront II.
- What happened to the scale when you made the previous Hoth Rebel Trooper (Saga 04-01), which is very short next to other figures even taking his pose into account? Can we expect a more definitive Hoth Rebel anytime soon to go with that great Major Derlin?
- Any chance of ever seeing the Ultra Battle Droid made that appears in the Clone Wars Adventures Volume 1 comic story Heavy Metal Jedi?
- With basic figures waves, why is it that some waves will show up in such small amounts that there is never a trace of them, yet the next wave shows up soon afterwards in findable quantities?
- Off and on since the first Saga line in 2002, basic figure waves have been planned and released around themes - either by a specific scene or by a movie in general. By planning figures in themes, does that require rushing some figures to make a wave's deadline simply because it fits the theme, or padding the wave with figures that aren't entirely satisfying simply to fill the wave with theme-oriented characters? Is the themed wave idea somewhat constricting to what can be done, and have there ever been figures that were planned for a wave but didn't get finished in time and were shelved for missing their theme?
- With the onslaught of Titaniums Series 3" vehicles lately (5 waves hit stores from beginning of October to end of November) are there less vehicles per wave being produced or are they just moving that fast? Also, will there be refreshes of these waves for collectors that missed them when they were briefly on shelves?
- Hasbro's answers about making EU figures based on the novels have suggested one of the reasons they're not as likely is because there are no singular visual representations of the characters. However, one of the licensed reference books currently out is "The Essential Guide To Characters" which use Lucasfilm-approved artwork of character likenesses from the novels that are not in the comics, such as many of the Yuuzhan Vong and the Solo Kids. Also, the Japanese cover art likenesses has been claimed as canon by Lucasfilm Licensing executive ficton & comic editor Sue Rostoni, these likenesses being used even on the StarWars.com EU main page as graphic elements. Will Hasbro consider using these sources for the inspiration for future Expanded Universe action figures?
- Understanding you don't want to divulge specific figures, can you tell us how many (if any) figures in the 30th Anniv. line will have running-change variant figures, a la The Saga Collection Endor Rebel Soldiers?
- The images released of the 30th Anniv. wave 2 carded and loose Death Star Trooper show him coming with the standard E-11 Stormtrooper blaster, however in A New Hope these troopers are shown sporting the DH-17, the blaster most often used by the Rebels (this blaster is even represented in this same wave with the Rebel Honor Guard and Biggs figures). Will the Death Star Trooper figure ship with the correct DH-17 blaster or continue with the E-11 shown in the photo sample, and if it's the latter, why?
- From what we've seen, the recent Toys R Us-exclusive Endor AT-AT and Target-exclusive Imperial Shuttle have both sold fairly well, the Imperial Shuttle selling through in a matter of weeks. Will this mean we'll be more likely to see more larger vehicles in the future? If so, would they likely be all-new molds, retooled molds, or unmodified reissues? As a side note, some of us have felt that large vehicles would always sell better if they were released just before Christmas the way Imperial Shuttle was, furthering the likelihood of selling more units to a wider market - what's Hasbro's take on that?
- In the past, Toys R Us has had several promotional figures that could be obtained free with a purchase of $15 or so (such as Holographic Yoda and Palpatine, and some silver figures). Will we see more promotional figures such as these in the future, perhaps more holographic figures that would otherwise not be sold at normal retail?
- Will the Mara Jade comic figure be based only on how she appeared in the comics or will Mara Jade-actress Shannon McRandle's likeness be taken into account?
- What are the chances of seeing Titanium Series Battle Droid, Super Battle Droid, and Destroyer Droid figures made? This would avoid the thin-wall problems of their plastic action figure counterparts.
- With the recent addition of the Comic Book Two packs, and the thoughts of EU Figures being shipped in future waves, will we ever see a new sculpt of Kyle Katarn, perhaps as he appears in either Jedi Knight or Jedi Outcast ? This would be great way also to release perhaps the Dark Jedi in the game as well as other characters in the games like Jan Ors or Rahn or even an older version of Luke Skywalker.
- Tech Mo'r is the member of the Modal Nodes who sits down and plays the ommni box, but both times he has been released (as part of the 1997 Fan Club exclusive and 2006 Wal-Mart Commemorative Tin Collection), he has been without knee articulation or the base for his instrument. Will we see him with these changes in the future?
- In the past, figures have included interlocking bases that can create larger diorama pieces. Will we see more of these in the future?
- The 2001 POTJ Princess Leia Bespin Escape figure has the best likeness and the first real quality use of scale on a Leia figure ever, yet this figure has not seen any quality rerelease. How about re-releasing this figure with new limbs that aren't preposed, perhaps with a little better articulation? This mold could also be used with changes to the hair, boots, and hands-into-gloves, plus a new vest that fits, to make a new Hoth Leia.
- Any chance that Hasbro and Wizards of the Coast will get together and pack in WOTC's Star Wars minatures with Hasbro basic figures?
- Any chance that we could get a new Rancor packed with a Dathomir Witch or Sith Witch instead of Luke?
- Hasbro has previously said that vehicles for the Galactic Heroes line did not sell well, but the only vehicles that have been released in the Galactic Heroes line itself are 2 re-releases of previous Playskool vehicles at higher pricepoints, and 2 transforming vehicles taken from an unrelated line. The Galactic Heroes line has only 2 movie vehicles to choose from, the Millennium Falcon and the X-wing, but no vehicles to fight. Given that there is now a TIE Fighter Pilot, it seems only natural to make a TIE Fighter around the same size as the X-wing. What might be done to rectify this situation? Also, are there any plans to re-release any of the Star Wars Playskool figures or elements that have not yet been offered in the Galactic Heroes line, such as Wicket or the Wampa or the Naboo Fighter?
- In recent years, many Darth Vader figures have included a silver piece of material around the neck to represent the chain that holds Vader's cape on. However, every time this feature has been included, the "chain" ends up looking too big and out-of-place, while Vader figures that do not include this chain end up looking much better. In the interest of accuracy, could the chain either be scaled down (to better match its look in Episodes III, V, and VI), or done as sculpted plastic (as on earlier incarnations), or simply left off (as in Episode IV) on future Darth Vader figures? Vote now, and feel free to add new questions too. Thanks for participating!

Tycho
12-18-2006, 02:50 PM
I have 5 I'm going for at the moment, with-holding a vote:

11) If Hasbro feels that mid-sized vehicles is the way to go, then will we be seeing more airspeeders and landspeeders in the forseeable future? Some of the airspeeders are pretty much snubfighter sized.

17) Knowing you can't (or won't) divulge any specifics - has pre-production begun on any of the new toy products that will come out in support of the 2 Star Wars tv series that are currently being developed?

18) Considering it is the very first spaceship we see in Star Wars and plays a significant role in the first part of the movie, as well as appearing in ROTS, will the Tantive IV (aka Rebel Blockade Runner) vehicle ever be offered?

21) What does Hasbro think about using the New Jedi Order (Yuuzhan Vong) series of novels for source material for the Expanded Universe collection?

31) Hasbro's answers about making EU figures based on the novels have suggested one of the reasons they're not as likely is because there are no singular visual representations of the characters. However, one of the licensed reference books currently out is "The Essential Guide To Characters" which use Lucasfilm-approved artwork of character likenesses from the novels that are not in the comics, such as many of the Yuuzhan Vong and the Solo Kids. Will Hasbro consider using this source for the inspiration for future Expanded Universe action figures?

LTBasker
12-18-2006, 05:09 PM
5. - Are more properties aside from Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, Marvel, and Transformers planned for the Titanium Series lines?

15. - Has Hasbro considered taking figures that were released in the original Kenner vintage line that have already been remade with modern VOTC quality (example: OTC Cloud Car Pilot) and packaging them on VOTC-style packaging, perhaps for a lower price than new-mold VOTC go for (msrp $10)?

25. - Since the AAT has been rereleased with the mid-sized vehicles, will the similarly-sized TX-130 Saber-class tank - seen in the Star Wars: Clone Wars and Battlefront videogames - ever be made? The vehicle was even used for both Republic and Imperial troops in Battlefront II.

26. - What happened to the scale when you made the previous Hoth Rebel Trooper (Saga 04-01), which is very short next to other figures even taking his pose into account? Can we expect a more definitive Hoth Rebel anytime soon to go with that great Major Derlin?

LTBasker
12-18-2006, 05:11 PM
New question- Though you can't point out specific figures, can you tell us how many (if any) figures in the 30th anniversary line will have variants from running changes (ala Saga Legends Clone Troopers, Battle Droids, Pit Droids and Imperial Officers)?

New question- From the images shown of 30th Anniv. wave 2 carded we can tell they aren't the final versions as they have the wave 1 coins shown in the packaging, does this mean the Death Star Trooper could come with the DH-17 (Rebel Trooper) blaster the Death Star Troopers used in the movie instead of the E-11 (Stormtrooper) blaster seen included?

I'd like for them to count as my two remaining votes.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-18-2006, 05:28 PM
New questions:
*It seems that the recent Toys R Us exclusive Endor AT-AT and Target exclusive Imperial Shuttle both sold extremely well. Does this mean that we will be more likely to see more, larger vehicles in the future? If so, will they be all-new, retools, or straight repacks?

*In the past, Toys R Us has had several promotional figures that could be obtained free with a purchase of $15 or so (such as Holographic Yoda and Palpatine, and some silver figures). Will we see more promotional figures such as these in the future, perhaps more holographic figures that would otherwise not be sold at normal retail?

And then 22, 23, and we'll wait and see.

Rogue II
12-18-2006, 06:44 PM
I'd like to vote for:

and save my other votes for later.

figrin bran
12-19-2006, 01:04 AM
i'd like to vote for #8

ChrisLyne
12-19-2006, 10:48 AM
9) What is the status of the Holiday line? Any thoughts to a release of a Padme & Anakin with baby Luke manger type of scene?

I just like the sound of that as it really fits the Christmas theme and I really didn't like the Red Vader they did.

21) What does Hasbro think about using the New Jedi Order (Yuuzhan Vong) series of novels for source material for the Expanded Universe collection?

NJO is a must for the EU!!

31) Hasbro's answers about making EU figures based on the novels have suggested one of the reasons they're not as likely is because there are no singular visual representations of the characters. However, one of the licensed reference books currently out is "The Essential Guide To Characters" which use Lucasfilm-approved artwork of character likenesses from the novels that are not in the comics, such as many of the Yuuzhan Vong and the Solo Kids. Will Hasbro consider using this source for the inspiration for future Expanded Universe action figures?

Can you add something about the Japanese cover art as well? The VIPs have confirmed that the images are cannon, they're used a lot on the official site and they often look better than the Essential Guide art (Jaina looks too much like Leia in that book!).

One new one I'd like to add: Will the Comic Mara Jade figure be based only on how she appeared in the comics or will actress likeness be taken into account?

Mr Burns
12-19-2006, 11:05 AM
I'd like to vote for question 17 six times.

Can I do that?

If so my quote is

and question number 17

DarkArtist
12-19-2006, 01:52 PM
I vote for numbers : 8, 10, 18, 21, & 31. I know it's only five but can't think of a six question

JediTricks
12-19-2006, 06:08 PM
QUESTIONS 32-36 ADDED.

Mr. JabbaJohnL, ChrisLyne, you each have 2 votes left.

New question- From the images shown of 30th Anniv. wave 2 carded we can tell they aren't the final versions as they have the wave 1 coins shown in the packaging, does this mean the Death Star Trooper could come with the DH-17 (Rebel Trooper) blaster the Death Star Troopers used in the movie instead of the E-11 (Stormtrooper) blaster seen included?I heavily reworked this question, LMK if it doesn't fit with what you're saying. I took out the coin aspect because the coins are in separate dies while accessories like those guns are in the same molds as the figures themselves.

Can you add something about the Japanese cover art as well? The VIPs have confirmed that the images are cannon, they're used a lot on the official site and they often look better than the Essential Guide art (Jaina looks too much like Leia in that book!).Could you link me to the discussion on this, or at least images of what you mean?

I'd like to vote for question 17 six times.

Can I do that?Sorry, that's not how it works, but your vote has been counted once for it and you have 5 remaining votes left.

Tycho
12-19-2006, 07:38 PM
I'd like to spend my final vote here:

34) From what we've seen, the recent Toys R Us-exclusive Endor AT-AT and Target-exclusive Imperial Shuttle have both sold fairly well, the Imperial Shuttle selling through in a matter of weeks. Will this mean we'll be more likely to see more larger vehicles in the future? If so, would they likely be all-new molds, retooled molds, or unmodified reissues? As a side note, some of us have felt that large vehicles would always sell better if they were released just before Christmas the way Imperial Shuttle was, furthering the likelihood of selling more units to a wider market - what's Hasbro's take on that?

You guys thought of some good questions to add including the one about Mara Jade!

LTBasker
12-19-2006, 08:13 PM
I heavily reworked this question, LMK if it doesn't fit with what you're saying. I took out the coin aspect because the coins are in separate dies while accessories like those guns are in the same molds as the figures themselves.

That works alot better, I included the coin bit to point out that they'd be changing before production so further changes could be possible but didn't know the weapons were molded with the figure.

Battle Droid
12-20-2006, 01:49 PM
New question,

Can we expect to ever see a Titanium Battle Droid, Super Battle Droid, and Destroyer Droid figure made?

Battle Droid
12-20-2006, 01:50 PM
27 as one of my votes for now.

ChrisLyne
12-20-2006, 03:44 PM
Could you link me to the discussion on this, or at least images of what you mean?

I can't post links yet (not got enough posts) so you'll need to add this to the end of theforce.net's url;

books/bookcovers/jpn_njo.asp

That has all of the Japanese NJO covers. The Jacen and Jaina picture I mean is on the "Force Heretic III: Reunion" cover (it's also behind the lefthand menu at starwars.com/eu). Click on the pictures for a larger version or the "high res" link under the pictures for a really detailed look.

I tried writing out the official forums link, but when I tried it I kept getting an error. So you'll need to check the VIP thread in the books, comics and television forum. At the bottom of page 238 Tasty confirms the Japanese artwork is canon and Sue repeats this midway through page 239.

Tycho
12-20-2006, 04:25 PM
Those are awesome bookcovers ChrisLyne!

I'd seen some of those in browsing TFN, but not before NJO was over. The Force Heretic and Unifying Force covers and then some were new to me.

It illustrates the need for Yuuzhan Vong figures, the Solo Twins, and updates for middle-age Han, Luke, Leia, and Mara amongst others like Palleon and beasts like the vornskrrs or whatever the Yuuzhan Vong turned them into - forgot for the moment.

Darth Jax
12-20-2006, 05:05 PM
12 - clone commanders set
18 - blockade runner
19 - galactic heroes gi joe
28 - availability of waves at retail
34 - large vehicles

JediTricks
12-20-2006, 05:35 PM
Question 37 added.

Battle Droid, you have 4 votes left.

I can't post links yet (not got enough posts) so you'll need to add this to the end of theforce.net's url;

books/bookcovers/jpn_njo.aspWhoops, I forgot about that newbie thing. Ok, I'm seeing them. www.theforce.net/books/bookcovers/jpn_njo.asp (http://www.theforce.net/books/bookcovers/jpn_njo.asp)

That has all of the Japanese NJO covers. The Jacen and Jaina picture I mean is on the "Force Heretic III: Reunion" cover (it's also behind the lefthand menu at starwars.com/eu). Click on the pictures for a larger version or the "high res" link under the pictures for a really detailed look.It being on the SW.com/EU (http://www.starwars.com/eu/) page is probably more influential than anything else I could say to Hasbro, so thanks for mentioning that.

I tried writing out the official forums link, but when I tried it I kept getting an error. So you'll need to check the VIP thread in the books, comics and television forum. At the bottom of page 238 Tasty confirms the Japanese artwork is canon and Sue repeats this midway through page 239.Ah, ok, I see it on 238 (not 239 though). However, I am not sure I should cite this as it is a big proviso in "Yes, that's what they look like, however please keep in mind that artists interpret characters so you'll see variances in their appearances and likenesses depending on who is drawing the character." That may end up hurting the cause more than helping it, Hasbro likes to tapdance in the gray areas on these questions whenever they can.

Anyway, I had a hard time shoehorning the issue into the question, I came up with this hamfisted slapdashery, it betrays the question's original intent some, so I'd like more feedback from you and Tycho before I include it:

Hasbro's answers about making EU figures based on the novels have suggested one of the reasons they're not as likely is because there are no singular visual representations of the characters. However, one of the licensed reference books currently out is "The Essential Guide To Characters" which use Lucasfilm-approved artwork of character likenesses from the novels that are not in the comics, such as many of the Yuuzhan Vong and the Solo Kids. Also, the Japanese cover art likenesses has been claimed as canon by Lucasfilm Licensing executive ficton & comic editor Sue Rostoni, these likenesses being used even on the StarWars.com EU main page as graphic elements. Will Hasbro consider using these sources for the inspiration for future Expanded Universe action figures?

Tycho
12-20-2006, 08:53 PM
That's perfect JediTricks. Good job.

ChrisLyne
12-21-2006, 10:43 AM
That sounds great, thanks JediTricks!

The other VIP post was pretty much the same, saying that all images are canon but may vary due to artist interpritation (heck if you look as Jacen and Jaina on the US covers of the NJO books there's a lot of variety in how they look, the Japanese covers were at least consistent).

DarkArtist
12-21-2006, 01:40 PM
I thought of a question I would like to add to the list:

"With the recent addition of the Comic Book Two packs, and the thoughts of EU Figures being shipped in future waves, will we ever see a new sculpt of Kyle Katarn, perhaps as he appears in either Jedi Knight or Jedi Outcast ? This would be great way also to release perhaps the Dark Jedi in the game as well as other characters in the games like Jan Ors or Rahn or even an older version of Luke Skywalker."

dindae
12-21-2006, 01:53 PM

Tycho
12-21-2006, 02:08 PM
or even an older version of Luke Skywalker."

What was funny was that for Jurassic Park \\\'s figures, I think it was the Paul Kirby figure, that came out looking more like modern-day Mark Hamill than the JP\\\ movie character. The problem with him was that he was sculpted wearing a pink shirt. Now a good customizing trick would be to take Kirby's head off (I think it was Kirby) and put it on a Jedi Luke's body and there you go!

I wonder if someone from the Star Wars team was unhappily transfered to JP\\\ or was just always yearning to do some more SW EU?

Devo
12-22-2006, 08:00 AM
I'll go for 18, 26 and 34 at least. Don't see any other questions there at the moment that hit on my particular areas of collecting interests.

Mr Burns
12-22-2006, 10:06 AM

That be my votes.

(I think you may already have me down for a 17 when I tried to quote for it six times earlier in the week!!)

El Chuxter
12-22-2006, 01:23 PM
2 (though it would probably be best to take out PF's name :))

JediTricks
12-22-2006, 04:59 PM
Question 38 added. Question 31 updated.

Thanks for the feedback Tycho & Chris.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-22-2006, 05:18 PM
9 and 18 for my last votes.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-01-2007, 05:17 PM
A few more questions (even though I used my votes already):

*Tech Mo'r is the member of the Modal Nodes who sits down and plays the ommni box, but both times he has been released (as part of the 1997 Fan Club exclusive and 2006 Wal-Mart Commemorative Tin Collection), he has been without knee articulation or the base for his instrument. Will we see him with these changes in the future?
*In the past, figures have included interlocking bases that can create larger diorama pieces. Will we see more of these in the future?

Blue2th
01-01-2007, 05:38 PM
My votes this round are: 23, 27, 29, 30, 31, and 36.

JediTricks
01-02-2007, 12:37 AM
Questions 39-41 added.

Devo
01-02-2007, 12:15 PM
39 and 41 as additional votes for me.

Love the POTJ Bespin escape Leia, and although I'd love a version of this outfit with more limb articulation and less preposing it stands up perfectly with recent figures. Some retooling with this head sculpt would suit me. And absolutely no balljoint neck.

Sinscia Fat'o
01-02-2007, 06:42 PM
21.- What does Hasbro think about using the New Jedi Order (Yuuzhan Vong) series of novels for source material for the Expanded Universe collection?
- Hasbro's answers about making EU figures based on the novels have suggested one of the reasons they're not as likely is because there are no singular visual representations of the characters. However, one of the licensed reference books currently out is "The Essential Guide To Characters" which use Lucasfilm-approved artwork of character likenesses from the novels that are not in the comics, such as many of the Yuuzhan Vong and the Solo Kids. Also, the Japanese cover art likenesses has been claimed as canon by Lucasfilm Licensing executive ficton & comic editor Sue Rostoni, these likenesses being used even on the StarWars.com EU main page as graphic elements. Will Hasbro consider using these sources for the inspiration for future Expanded Universe action figures?
Will the Mara Jade comic figure be based only on how she appeared in the comics or will Mara Jade-actress Shannon McRandle's likeness be taken into account?
With the recent addition of the Comic Book Two packs, and the thoughts of EU Figures being shipped in future waves, will we ever see a new sculpt of Kyle Katarn, perhaps as he appears in either Jedi Knight or Jedi Outcast ? This would be great way also to release perhaps the Dark Jedi in the game as well as other characters in the games like Jan Ors or Rahn or even an older version of Luke Skywalker.
Any chance that Hasbro and Wizards of the Coast will get together again and pack in Star Wars minatures with their figures?
Any chance that we could get a new rancor packed with a dathomir witch or sith witch instead of luke?

obi-dad
01-02-2007, 08:41 PM
My vote is 9, 15, 18, 26, & 34 with the following question:

I know you've said that vehicles for Galactic Heroes did't sell well, but as far as I can remember the only vehicles that have been released since the figures have been under the Galactic Heroes name have been re-releases. We have X-wings and the Millenium Falcon, with no one to fight. Given that there is now a tie fighter pilot, it only seems natural to make a Tie fighter, which would be small like the X-wing and give collectors and kids alike something to fight the two formentioned vehicles. Also, are there any plans to re-release any of the old Playskool figures that have not been made available under the Galactic Heroes names, such as Wicket or the Wampa?

JediTricks
01-02-2007, 10:24 PM
QUESTIONS 42-44 ADDED.

21.- What does Hasbro think about using the New Jedi Order (Yuuzhan Vong) series of novels for source material for the Expanded Universe collection?
Will the Mara Jade comic figure be based only on how she appeared in the comics or will Mara Jade-actress Shannon McRandle's likeness be taken into account?
With the recent addition of the Comic Book Two packs, and the thoughts of EU Figures being shipped in future waves, will we ever see a new sculpt of Kyle Katarn, perhaps as he appears in either Jedi Knight or Jedi Outcast ? This would be great way also to release perhaps the Dark Jedi in the game as well as other characters in the games like Jan Ors or Rahn or even an older version of Luke Skywalker.
Any chance that Hasbro and Wizards of the Coast will get together again and pack in Star Wars minatures with their figures?
Any chance that we could get a new rancor packed with a dathomir witch or sith witch instead of luke? Thanks for voting. In the future, please make sure new questions stand out from your other votes, normally folks add the numbers of their votes but since yours had a numbered list without the original question numbers, it took me a sec to figure out what was going on.

39 and 41 as additional votes for me.

Love the POTJ Bespin escape Leia, and although I'd love a version of this outfit with more limb articulation and less preposing it stands up perfectly with recent figures. Some retooling with this head sculpt would suit me. And absolutely no balljoint neck.You have 1 vote left.

I love that figure too, and it does stand fine, but it's stuck in that gun-toting pose and I'd like to see it more able to move and pose naturally, that's why I came up with the question. In retooling the head, do you mean the hair or the face? I think the face on this thing is perfect already so I'm a little protective. :D

JediTricks
01-02-2007, 10:28 PM
My votes:

26 - Hoth Rebel Trooper
29 - Themed wave issues
34 - Larger vehicles selling around xmas
37 - Titanium Droids
41 - Leia Bespin/Hoth
44 - Galactic Heroes vehicle issues

doch18
01-03-2007, 11:56 AM

# 32

# 35

Rogue II
01-03-2007, 03:56 PM

(In a earlier post, I voted for 2 and 26)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-03-2007, 05:21 PM
I know that we've all added a bunch of questions lately, but one more can't hurt:
*In recent years, most of the Darth Vader figures have included a silver piece of material near the necks to represent the chain that he wears in the films to keep on his cloak. However, every time this feature has been included, the chain ends up looking way too big and out-of-place, and figures that do not include the chain end up looking much better. In the interest of accuracy, can the chain either be scaled down (to better match its look in Episodes III, V, and VI), sculpted (as it previously was), or simply left off (as in Episode IV) on future versions of Darth Vader?

It kind of rambles, so you can change it how you see fit.

Battle Droid
01-04-2007, 06:07 AM
New question,

Is the rumor true that we're getting a Pre-Cyborg General Grievous in the 30th Anniversary Star Wars Collection?

El Chuxter
01-04-2007, 08:30 AM
Here's a new question (rephrase as necessary):

Hey, any chance of you maybe producing a realistic, movie Grievous in the proper scale, ever?

Devo
01-04-2007, 08:46 AM
I love that figure too, and it does stand fine, but it's stuck in that gun-toting pose and I'd like to see it more able to move and pose naturally, that's why I came up with the question. In retooling the head, do you mean the hair or the face? I think the face on this thing is perfect already so I'm a little protective. :D

Actually I read my post again and it does seem like I'm saying I want retooling of the head - when I want none whatsoever. The head on Bespin escape Leia is perfect IMO and I can't see them ever achieving a better likeness in this scale. What I meant was that I'd like a figure that is capable of neutral poses and which looks good in neutral poses (i.e that if she were to have swivel elbows the articulation would not look awkward in neutral down by the side poses as is sometimes the case) - and that this head would be used again. I don't want a resculpted head because it couldn't possibly be better than this - the OTC bespin gown Leia proved this point, its an inferior headsculpt yet came later. And I most definitely don't want it converted for a ball-joint neck as this would ruin it.

DarkJedi5
01-04-2007, 09:00 AM
I would like to vote for questions
7 - Canadians
26 - Hoth Rebels
31 - EU
33 - Blasters
34 - Large Vehicles
44 - Galactic Heroes

Kidhuman
01-04-2007, 09:25 AM
28, 29, 30, 40, 41, 35

JediTricks
01-04-2007, 09:48 PM
Question 45 added.

Last day to get those votes in!

New question,

Is the rumor true that we're getting a Pre-Cyborg General Grievous in the 30th Anniversary Star Wars Collection?They said they're not answering any more questions about specific figures in the 30th Anniversary line, so I'm not adding that at this time. Also, they sorta covered that with:

July 26th

Yakface.com: Will there ever be a vehicle made of general grievous' starfighter? Will there ever be a General Grievous figure made of him before he got into the crash caused by Count Dooku.
Hasbro: That is on our wish list. Not in the plans for 2007, but if it's in the animation there's a good bet we'll do it.

Here's a new question (rephrase as necessary):

Hey, any chance of you maybe producing a realistic, movie Grievous in the proper scale, ever?That was dealt with in 2 ways, our question on Sept 19th, which as you can see got shot down: :ermm:

Q: Hasbro was recently quoted as saying that whenever you make a new General Grievous figure it will be correctly scaled, will we be getting a new Grievous figure next year in the 30th Anniversary Collection?
A: We can't address any more specific character questions for the line next year. You'll have to wait and see...
And what we were basing that off of:

June 30th

BehindTheToys: Will we see a General Grievous that is in proper scale with the rest of the 3.75" line?
Hasbro: Interesting question. We work far ahead of the final versions in some cases, and Grievous was one of those. We based our figures (all five) on the input we had at the time which stated that Grievous was 6'4" and had certain deco. The final film version was much taller and had different deco. If, and when, we go back to do a new Grievous we'll take the official film height into account.

El Chuxter
01-04-2007, 11:24 PM
I must've blanked on that. :/

If that were indeed the case, though, why did the Clone Wars cartoon, based on preliminary info, show him as being so tall? And why was the CW animated figure in the proper scale (albeit slightly crouched)? And why wouldn't the realistic Grievous figure have a lightsaber in his foot and have the prelim deco (the final figures are rather accurate aside from scale), if it were early info?

Just bantering. No need to add those as 46-48. (But it would be kinda funny to ask all three in succession one week.)

JediTricks
01-05-2007, 03:25 PM
True, Hasbro's answers are inconsistant and confusing - they don't seem to like to be called on it either, so I tend to hold that stuff for the really big ones, in this case they've already admitted the mistake so I won't hammer them on the reasoning behind it.

Anyway, that's it for this round, look for the next round of questions later today. Thanks again to everybody who voted!

EDIT: New thread is up (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=33851), Questions voting will now take place in the 30th Anniversary Collection forum.