PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Dr. Evazan in the house?

08-22-2001, 01:54 PM
O.K. - for once I'm not going to complain about how I've never in my collecting existence seen a Target exclusive ship on the shelves. (Grrrrrr..) But instead would like to ask why we are getting a new snaggletooth (Zutton? Where the heck in the movie is HE?) when the Cinema Scenes one was very accurate and just fine, when we STILL don't have a decent Dr. Evazan? The first one wasn't even close - the face, hair, clothes, stance were all just plain wrong. So anyway, how about giving the good doctor a second chance?

Jargo
08-22-2001, 04:59 PM
I second that emotion. I don't hate the cinema scene version of old Evazan but he didn't look like that in the movie or any other pics I've seen of him in comics and stuff. I think a fitting tribute to the guy who played a mean troublemaker who ran out of luck is to remake this figure as a movie real likeness with all the gross facial disfigurements and that great upturned pig snout of a nose.
C'mon Hasbro, concentrate on the movies and not the silly stuff. Go back and right the wrongs of bad sculpts.

JediCole
08-22-2001, 05:12 PM
I quite agree, in fact, check out my "Resculpt Roundup" post and you will find the good doctor close to the top of the list of must have resculpts!

evenflow
08-22-2001, 05:30 PM
Well, it is not the same character. It is someone new. I can deal with it. There are other figures I prefer, (Yarna D'al Gargan) but i am happy.

Darth Cruel
08-25-2001, 03:07 AM
Evenflow is right. The two are not the same character though they are the same race...Snivvian. The one from the Cinema Scene is named Takeel, and this new one is (obviously) Zutton.

Eternal Padawan
06-17-2002, 09:55 AM
How did Dr. Evazan get to be a doctor anyway? Aren't most MDs in the Star Wars galaxy droids anyway? I think Evazan is a blowhard who likes to PRETEND he's a doctor to get chicks. but there's no MD diploma hanging on his wall at home. But since everyone knows the REAL docs are all 2-1Bs and FX-7s noone is coming home with Evazan (look at his face for heavens sake!) That's probably why he got irritable when pretty boy Luke walked in. Evazan saw the Tonnika gals checking out the virgin farmboy and he got jealous. So from now on I'm not going to refer to him as a doctor anymore. From now on he's Roofoo Evazan.

But back to the subject at hand...sure, resculpt the little monkey and slap him on a card...

lunchymeatball
06-17-2002, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Darth Cruel
Evenflow is right. The two are not the same character though they are the same race...Snivvian. The one from the Cinema Scene is named Takeel, and this new one is (obviously) Zutton.

I'm sure I've read that zutton isnt in the cantina in ANH and that it is takeel, and that Zutton is the same species but from the cantina in the holiday special.

Jargo
06-18-2002, 08:40 AM
Zutton is in the cantina scene of the holiday special atrocity. Seen somewhere around while Bea Arthur sings an interminable dirge of a schmaltzy song. Although the name Zutton was originally attributed to the Snivvian in Jabbas palace who wears a cream body suit with bandoliers slung across it. The suit is quilted slightly and looks sort of fat. The actor who played Zutton in the palace scenes was quite short like the actor who played Zutton in the holiday special. Although not as short as the person who wore the red suit we got made into a figure. The Snivvian in Jabbas palace has now been renamed as Geezum apparently thanks to some soft shoe shuffling with the EU backstory.

As for Dr. Evazan, Alfie Curtiss who played him deserves to be properly immortalised as the Dr. after creating such a memorable character and captivating us with his incredible acting ability all these years. Dr. Evazan should be resculpted in his correct costume and with the correct ugly face. He should be sculpted fairly neutrally but with articulation so he can be posed by us the purchasers of the figures. Not stuck in some wild pose like the cinema scene joke called Dr. Evazan. Alfie Curtiss deserves better than that thing they call Dr. Evazan.

06-19-2002, 06:03 PM
Wow, I never would have guessed that this thread would get dug back up from last August. Still, my opinion hasn't changed, much. A well done Dr. is still desperately in order. As for Zutton, I probably would have bought the little sucker to put in my cantina diorama in homage to the original '78 snaggletooth but since I never, EVER saw one on the shelf (or Teebo, or the new R5) I guess I'll live without it. I've given Hasbro enough of my money, anyway. I'll be damned if I'll spend any more time trying to hunt stuff down. If Hasbro wants to keep certain figures (No Yoda's or Dooku's for god sake!? What is up with THAT!?) such a rare commodity and not sell them, I for one will let them. which leads me to my new thread... "Why I have stopped collecting." or "Thanks for saving me money, Hasbro!"

Lord Tenebrous
06-19-2002, 06:26 PM
I would like a new Dr. Evazan. The CS version is just isn't detailed enough. More scarring, and release him a black version of BoShek's blaster, which would be movie-accurate.

And despite the attempt to re-release Zutton/Snaggletooth from the Vintage line, it won't be long before hardcore collectors want a blue version, too. But Zutton is warming pegs all over the county.

think Evazan is a blowhard who likes to PRETEND he's a doctor to get chicks.

If you look through the Red 6 encyclopedia, it does imply that the Doctor is actually Elan Sleazebagano. :rolleyes:

Summary: Evazan should be in the new Cantina selection, not Greedo.

Jargo
06-19-2002, 07:19 PM
The red six encyclopedia got the info from an official source. I've actually read this info in either an AOTC book or in the SW.com databank EU section. Totally bogus dude! So where were Evazan's head thingies then? Is Lucas going to CGI them in to a new spiffed up version of ANH? God I hope not.

There are so many figures that need to be done properly to rectify the crapola selection of the POTF2 era. A Dr. Evazan done with all the care and attention that was put into Djas Puhr would be fantastic.

Lord Tenebrous
06-20-2002, 10:32 AM
You are right about it being on the official site:
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/elansleazebaggano/

Young Elan once was on the path to a promising life as a medical student studying on Coruscant when he fell in with the wrong crowd. He did nothing to dispel the stereotype that Balosars are shifty cheats and scoundrels, and ended up stealing the university's medical supplies and selling them to local mobster, Hat Lo.

Regarding the antenepalps:

Elan Sleazebaggano's alien features -- antenepalps -- were computer-generated additions carefully matched to actor Matt Doran's head-movements. Literature that includes pictures of the actor without the CG antennae explains away their absence by noting that the flexible extremities could be concealed under hair.

Things that make you go hmmmm.... :crazed:

lunchymeatball
06-20-2002, 10:53 AM
I agree resculpt the good Dr Hasbro should, as I never managed to get the original.
But disagree with making Sleezy a young Evazan.
Poor:(

Jayspawn
06-20-2002, 11:39 AM
Yes, the evil Dr does need to be resculpted. A Panda Baba with removable arm wouldn't be a bad idea either methinks.

Jargo
06-20-2002, 05:06 PM
Baby Panda? Now I'm confused. Why do you want a baby Panda with removable arms? That's kinda - SICK :eek: :p :D

Beast
06-20-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Baby Panda? Now I'm confused. Why do you want a baby Panda with removable arms? That's kinda - SICK :eek: :p :D
ROFL! Whenever I'm in the need of a good laugh, all I have to do is read one of Emperor Jargo's posts. :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Eternal Padawan
06-20-2002, 05:22 PM
Who wouldn't want a baby panda with removable arms? :crazed:

Elan is Evazan?!?! Okay, is this the entire galaxy with bajillions of sentient lifeforms? Or Peidmont, Alaska, Population:17??? Why does everyone in the OT have find themselves in the PT?? :mad: Roofoo is NOT Elan...that's my version of the story.

Beast
06-20-2002, 05:26 PM
I think that Elan/Evazan thing is bologna, EP. I don't buy it, and never have seen it anywhere then on some not always reliable websites. *coughtheforce.netcough* :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SNAYSON
06-25-2002, 12:55 PM
if a new resculpted dr evazan comes out, i'm for it and will buy it!

scruffziller
06-25-2002, 03:17 PM
I have all those from the 3pack cantina scenes.

RooJay
06-28-2002, 08:09 AM
Wow, a new Evazan would've been a perfect choice for the new line of Cantina Aliens coming out!