PDA

View Full Version : Titanium want list from Wizard's Starship Battles

jedi master sal
12-19-2006, 01:24 AM
With the relative sccess of the Star Wars Starship battles Minis game, would you consider doign some of these as Titaniums, and even some as ultras? Here's my list for both regular and Ultras from the set. R=regular Titanium and U=Ultra Titanium.

Mon Calamari Star Defender Viscount:R, U
Mon Calamari Cruiser Home One: R, U
Mon Calamari MC80: R, U
Republic Assult Ship: R, U
Venator-Class Star Destroyer: U <--this one really needs to be done as an ultra!
Rebel Cruiser: R, U(this is the one that is commonly reffered to as the "medical frigate")
Tantive IV (ROTS DECO): R, U
Utapaun P-38 Starfighter: R
V-wing Starfighter: R
Super Star Destroyer Executor: U This screams to be an Ultra!
Banking Clan Frigate: R, U This one consistently gets great bids on eBay, you NEED to consider this for both sizes.
Commerce Guild Destroyer: R, U (Same reason as the Banking Clan Frigate)
Imperial Interdictor Cruiser: R, U (well at the least the regular size)
Imperial Star Destroyer: U How this one HASN'T been made as an Ultra I'll never know. This is a slam dunk seller.
Invisible Hand: R, U (okay I see that it's comgin out as a regular, but until I get it, I'm still marking it down. Ultra of this would be SWEET!)
Trade Federation Battleship: R, U (this is the ROTS markings and a good candidate for the ultra line)
Trade Federation Droid Control Ship: R, U (just not as much as the one above)
Palpatine's Shuttle: R
Virago: R
Asajj Ventress's Starfighter: R
General Grievious's Starfighter: R Same reason as Greivous Flagship...
Vulture Droid Starfighter Advanced: R (this is the ROTS colored one. Definitely needed) better yet a semi transformable one to walking mode...

Please Hasbro! We're begging for more ships. If this is the only way you're going to make them instead of 3 3/4 scale, then please..MAKE THEM!!!!

mtriv73
12-19-2006, 08:05 AM
As much as I would have liked to see it go further, the titanium ultra line is dead. Hasbro said they're not making any more of those. I would have loved to have seen many of the capital ships done in this line.

jedi master sal
12-19-2006, 10:19 AM
As much as I would have liked to see it go further, the titanium ultra line is dead. Hasbro said they're not making any more of those. I would have loved to have seen many of the capital ships done in this line.

Never say never. They resurrected the Unleashed line. (Albeit with cruddy repacks.) The main reason the Ultra line tanked was repacks as well.

I firmly believe that if there would have been NEW ships and mostly from ROTS to kick start it, the line would have been doing very well. Now the price should have been a bit better too though. $15-17 would have been a pill easier to swallow.

figrin bran
12-19-2006, 10:52 AM
But Sal, they did launch the line with new ships from ROTS - the ARC 170 and Droid Tri Fighter.

mtriv73
12-19-2006, 11:58 AM
But Sal, they did launch the line with new ships from ROTS - the ARC 170 and Droid Tri Fighter.

You're both right, from a certain point of view. The Droid Tri-fighter came out early, but the Arc-170 came out later after the pegs were getting full of Slave-1's and snowspeeders which were almost identical to the old AF versions (albeit in metal but with the same craptastic sculpt.) Without a Jedi Starfighter to fight with it, I had no incentive to buy the droid tri-fighter. This line was just mismanaged from the start. I love the ones I have, but I only wanted about half of what they offered.

dindae
12-19-2006, 01:14 PM
I thought it was more like this

X-wing / Gunship (Walmart exclusive wave)
ARC-170 / Droid Tri-fighter (mass retail wave one)
Slave 1 (wave 2 (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS34560B))
Snowspeeder (wave 3 (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS34560C))
AT-AT (wave 4 (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS34560D))
Darth TIE / Galactica (wave 5)
Falcon (wave 6 (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS34560F))

I think the price was a factor but also the fact that these were bolted down gave them the appearance of statues and not toys for kids to play with. If they would have come out with the falcon and jedi starfighter I think it would have helped the line but not to the point of saving it long term. The ARC-170 was a pretty popular ship at the 3 3/4 scale but it was stagnant in this line. This definately was more of a small line and would do great as a one chain exclusive but Hasbro isn't interested in small collector lines. I'm ok with it ending. I would like to get a few more but it's definately not a scale I want every ship in. Maybe if they did all of the capital ship in Ultra scale and the starfighter in 3" it would be cool. But I don't have the cash or display space for too much of it.

mtriv73
12-19-2006, 02:13 PM
Oops, my mistake. I didn't see the ARC-170 until half way through the year though, and tri-fighters and snowspeeders are still keeping the shelves free of dust around here.

jedi master sal
12-19-2006, 03:27 PM

Agreed, but just launching the line with 2 or 3 new ships was never going to be enough to get this line up and running. THey needed to do some ROTS Jedi Starfighters, Greivous starfighter, the Venator class Star Destroyer, the Banking Clan Frigate and Commerce Guild Destroyer, as well as Greivous flagship the Invisible Hand. Having those ships on the shelves, we all could have bought one of each, or people like me "fleet" build them. The Tantive IV in ROTS deco would have been nice to own. Small enough to make room for.

I'm just miffed that Hasbro dropped the ball on this line. Yes, we all know by now their penchant for reusing mold, but dang, did that have to use these so soon? Just like the Unleashed line, they killed it because they chose to go with reissues rather than new stuff we want.

Alas, I realize we won't get these in Ultra, but I'm hoping. In the meantime, they CAN do these in the regular Titanium scale.

dindae
12-19-2006, 05:00 PM
I don't know about your list Sal.

Jedi Starfighters - definatley needed and we are supposed to get when Hasbro finds an outlet

Greivous starfighter - yawn the ship is as exciting as the escape pod. I would get this in the 3 3/4 scale but it would be more of a backdrop in a dio than anything else.

the Venator class Star Destroyer - ok but not a must have

the Banking Clan Frigate - not very exciting/memorable to me

Commerce Guild Destroyer - ditto

the Invisible Hand. - ok but not a must have

Tantive IV - would have been nice but I would have preferred ANH deco.

I guess my issue is looking at most ships and asking is this ship more exciting than the ARC-170. The only ships that really flew off the shelves around here were the AT-AT and the Falcon. Now I want every ship in 3" scale, but forking out $5 is plenty different then $20.

JediTricks
12-19-2006, 06:25 PM
Dindae's right, the ARC-170 and Droid Tri Fighter came out in the mass-retail wave 1, it's just that the droid tri is way more boring and nobody wanted it, so it quickly filled shelves and demand went up for the ARC-170.

I can't say no to any Titaniums.

DarkArtist
12-20-2006, 08:03 AM
I would buy Ultra's again if they were released but only if they were Capital Ships like Star Destroyers, Rebel Frigates, etc.