PDA

View Full Version : Clocky, the Alarm Clock that runs away and hides!

JediTricks
12-19-2006, 07:14 PM
My sister sent me this link this morning, and I think it's too funny, had to share:

http://www.nandahome.com/

I love the last 2 photos of it, the one where it's just taking off and the one where it's running away like a naughty clock on the loose.

I personally don't have a problem with the snooze alarm anymore, I simply keep my alarm clock so far out of reach that by the time I get to it to turn it off I'm awake, but I know so many people who are addicted to that snooze alarm.

It'd be better if it were an LED clock, less fragile and always lit, brighter too; and saying it can take a 2 foot drop isn't much, most nightstands I have seen are about a foot taller. Still, the idea is funny enough and maybe even practical for some, though I bet you'll be plenty mad having to track down your hiding clock. :p

Slicker
12-19-2006, 07:26 PM
I would get soooooo pi55ed at that thing!!!

I think after the first night I'd just stand it up on end so that it just turned around on the one wheel.

2-1B
12-19-2006, 07:33 PM
"Prefer Clocky in Shag" ? :confused:

bobafrett
12-19-2006, 07:55 PM
There would be no place for this "clock" to run in my room. Between my collectibles, and all the dust bunnies, it would get stuck, trapped forever!

JediTricks
12-19-2006, 08:02 PM
"Prefer Clocky in Shag" ? :confused:
If you click the link, you can see the inventor's prototype, which was covered in shag carpet. Apparently they'll be offering a similar version next year.

Kidhuman
12-19-2006, 08:41 PM
Its a freakin hailfire droid with an LED

2-1B
12-19-2006, 08:42 PM
I was hoping it would look like a Pit Droid so I could say "hit the nose!" and then someone else could make a reference to Jar Jar getting kicked in the package.

JediTricks
12-20-2006, 04:30 AM
Its a freakin hailfire droid with an LED
Haw! It totally is! Trade Federation Wakeytime Droid.

Jar Jar has no junk.

darthvyn
12-20-2006, 12:17 PM
about a month ago, before my wife went on maternity leave, i would've totally bought this for her... she's so bad with getting up in the morning.

don't know how our cat would've reacted to it, though...

Rogue II
12-20-2006, 01:30 PM
Jar Jar has no junk.

So....Yeah....Um....Oh, nevermind.

JediTricks
12-20-2006, 05:14 PM
about a month ago, before my wife went on maternity leave, i would've totally bought this for her... she's so bad with getting up in the morning.

don't know how our cat would've reacted to it, though...Hee hee, that'd be the best part, the cat leaping 10 feet straight in the air the first time the clock starts chasing it. :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-20-2006, 06:11 PM
I know Clocky, and you, sir, are no Clocky.

I wonder what Pee-wee would say if he knew his copyrights were being infringed upon.