PDA

View Full Version : Looks like HOTH 'round here!

vulcantouch-mom
12-20-2006, 11:32 PM
I dunno about you guys, but I sure get into the mood to break out the AT-AT's and bantha's right about now. Our airport's been closed since this morning, highways are closed, the National Guard's out in their big-ole whatever those things are to take supplies to DIA for the thousands stranded there, and Ken's making beer.:yes: I guess that's what makes him essential personnel at Coors.:thumbsup: We didn't get mail delivery today and an eastern suburb of Aurora was officially non-mail capable - they couldn't even get the mail in. Apparently, 12K employees showed up throughout the Denver area and were later told to return to their pickup areas and go home.

Well, thank Yoda for the power of the force (Excel Energy) and tv, dvd's, vhs tapes and pc's! WHEW! Almost thought we were gonna hafta rough it. :cross-eye I've really been enjoying Firefox - thanks for the recommendation from Jedi-Tricks and fellow SSG's wondermen!!

It's really treacherous down r2Dee2's neck of the State. They usually get really bad stuff when we get it bad here.

Guess I'll say g'nite guys. Weather-permitting - and it should - Mom, Ken, Lance n Liam and me will be taking Christmas stuff-wreath, pinebough spray, etc. to Jéan‘s grave this weekend.

Stay warm, y'all:yes:

VT-mom :) :) :)

decadentdave
12-21-2006, 01:39 AM
When I heard that the office was closed due to the weather, I thought "Great! I'll just go see Rocky Balboa!" so I huffed it up the street trudging through snow up to my knees only to get to the theater and they were CLOSED! So no Rocky Balboa on opening day! I am totally bummed. :cry:

vulcantouch-mom
12-21-2006, 01:51 AM
:shocked: I'm gonna ZZzzzzzzzzzzz - I'm up for pre-dawn shovelling so Ken can actually get INTO the driveway and house tomorrow morning. :yes:

Think WARM thoughts! Ooooooooooooooooo, hey, I just had an image of Rocky trying to get up the steps to the Denver City & County Bldg now !lol Gotta SLIDE nowwwwwwwwwwwww, g'nite -I'm gonna hang up now;)

vulcantouch-mom :) :) :)

Well, we KINDA have steps;)

figrin bran
12-21-2006, 02:27 AM
and taking a look at weather around the nation, Los Angeles had highs of 62 degrees today :D

vulcantouch-mom
12-21-2006, 07:28 AM
Okay, make me drool :hurt: . Ken just got home - I had no idea there was an invisible snow 'plow' on his Jeep Rio Grande (like the old Army model). He says it's how he got going at work (parked next to the malthouse instead of the 1/4-mile away lot. Well, now that mah CHILE is home, I'm gonna cool off (from shoveling-sweatin' like a hog:rolleyes: ). We're staying home today!

Is it true it never rains in California? lol

Tootles:yes:

Blue2th
12-21-2006, 08:19 AM
We got the same storm down here in the Duke City (Albuquerque) This doesn't happen very often. I wish it would happen more. It'll be melted in a day or so.

vulcantouch-mom
12-21-2006, 08:27 AM
Yup, I hear ya! My sister's in Santa Fe and they're pretty much inside, as well. Dunno how serious. Spoke w/her Wednesday morning. Stay warm. Yes, I agree, it's wayyyyyyyyyyyy too dry to miss any opportunity for the moisture. Ours is supposed to end between noon and 4PM today.

Is this the weather blog? Sorry 'bout the segue:rolleyes:

LTBasker
12-21-2006, 08:27 AM
We had a pretty nice covering at the beginning of this month, though now we've only had chilly rain. On a warming note I got your card, VT-mom, thanks very much it was nice. :D

vulcantouch-mom
12-21-2006, 08:34 AM
I've always maintained the OK drivers are the snow-pros - y'all get blizzards across those PLAINS!:shocked: You're most welcome, LT. I'd have sent more, but have no mailing addresses for many, including Jedi-Tricks, for whom I have MUY MUCH warm greetings. I'm gonna find some e-cards for the rest of y'all, okay?

Ho!Ho!Ho!

Okay, where's the snowblower?? Oh, uh, I forgot - - we don't have one.:(

Geez, y'all are such gennemen! I finally realized I was talking about a Taun-Taun not a Bantha. :cross-eye

2-1B
12-21-2006, 09:09 AM
don't worry VT Mom,
Banthas have been known to trudge around in the snow from time to time as well. lol

vulcantouch-mom
12-21-2006, 09:29 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmm, I wonder - does it make the 'coat' nicer and fluffier if they roll in the snow?

Tootles:thumbsup:

Slicker
12-21-2006, 09:32 AM
I've heard it helps with the bung mats...

I was sooo hoping for snow when I went up to Michigan for Christmas but it's appearing as if I'll not be able to see any this year.:cry:

2-1B
12-21-2006, 09:35 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmm, I wonder - does it make the 'coat' nicer and fluffier if they roll in the snow?

Tootles:thumbsup:

It sure does ! ! ! Slicker was telling me about it, I think he read about Snow Banthas in one of those many EU books he loves to read. :grin:

vulcantouch-mom
12-21-2006, 09:43 AM
Heck, I can't even get the damn dog to go outside. Okay, so the snow stops the screen door from opening more than half-way, but ya can't have everything, eh? She's goofy - I can still GET her to the door when she's acting like it's 'go outside time', and she freezes right there.:laugh: No balls!:razz: Oh yeah, forgot she's a 'she'.

Shovels!!:yes:

VT-mom:) :) :)

PS. Check out the Denver Snowspeeder (downtown, no less!) - It'll be image number 7. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16309814/displaymode/1176/rstry/16298482/

figrin bran
12-21-2006, 10:08 PM
Okay, make me drool :hurt: . Ken just got home - I had no idea there was an invisible snow 'plow' on his Jeep Rio Grande (like the old Army model). He says it's how he got going at work (parked next to the malthouse instead of the 1/4-mile away lot. Well, now that mah CHILE is home, I'm gonna cool off (from shoveling-sweatin' like a hog:rolleyes: ). We're staying home today!

Tootles:yes:

it's not true at all, it definitely rains in Cali. there are even places that get snowfall, or so i've heard :p

JediTricks
12-22-2006, 04:17 PM
Hi Carolyn. :D Glad to hear Firefox browser is treating you better than that IE7 horrorshow. That picture of the Denver city building is very nifty!
A light rain woke me up just this morning.

I know this is gonna sound silly to you snowbound folks, but it's been COLD here in LA with these upper 50s days and upper 30s nights.

PS. Check out the Denver Snowspeeder (downtown, no less!) - It'll be image number 7. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16309814/displaymode/1176/rstry/16298482/
Linko no worko. :p

2-1B
12-23-2006, 07:00 PM
I'd take upper 50s any time...you're nuts. :D

figrin bran
12-23-2006, 07:28 PM
74 degrees today! :p

Bobby Fett
12-23-2006, 07:44 PM
74 degrees today! :p

Stick it in your ear! :D

JediTricks
12-26-2006, 08:04 PM
After I typed that, it was warm for the last 3 days... unfortunately, now I'm sick and can't really enjoy it. 50 degree weather made me sick, who do I sue?!?