Here they are! I found these on ebay!

Attached is Jango Fett

StarWarsToys
02-02-2002, 12:34 PM
Here they are! I found these on ebay!

Attached is Mace Windu

Jargo
02-02-2002, 12:39 PM
I love the - um, jellyfish? What is that with Mace? HEHEHE! I actually think Mace is pretty fly. blast apart decently sculpted battle droid pack-in works for me. Finally something I like. :)

Jango is.... better not say what I was just thinking. :evil: :cool:

Interesting though. thanks StarWarsToys.

Lord Tenebrous
02-02-2002, 12:58 PM
I must say, I do like Mace. It's a fairly standard pose that improves on the Qui-Gon (Poncho) idea. The battle droid is a nice army builder touch, and you get a blue and green Force effect as well. This is an action figure. A-

Jango on the other hand, all you need to do is look at the top right picture to know that we didn't need him. He's just a retooled 300th Boba with another rocket-firing gimick gun (ultimately destroying any novelty to Boba 300), and a jet pack he could practically ride on. Snap-on armor feature isn't really worth it since it's only done from the waist up. Attack of the Gimick Clones. D+

pthfnder89
02-02-2002, 01:29 PM
Mace is definitely gonna be one of my first pickups. I've liked the figure ever since Hasbro released their picture of him. Jango, on the other hand, i can do without. With the Preview and regualr versions, I really don't need another one.

pthfnder89
02-02-2002, 01:32 PM
Interesting too that they gave Mace a completely new saber hilt .
I guess that can explain the change of the blade from blue to purple.

Jek Porky 2002
02-02-2002, 01:33 PM
Mace- Magnificent I shall grade this A+, it came close to an A* but the face could have been better.

Jango- I'm sure everyone will agree with me, pathetic, it might have worked as a 12' figure but not a 3', the main thing is the backpack which sticks out like a sore thumb, but the all together idea of a "dress up Jango Fett is just silly! Sorry E-

LTBasker
02-02-2002, 02:03 PM
Mace - Well...good sculpt and stuff, but that frickin' pose... The lightsaber isn't too bad, although the hilt looks as thick as Anakin's. I like the Battle Droid (2 decent Battle Droids...too bad they didn't release these when they should've 3 years ago) but that force thing could've used a little work. Looks definitely like (like someone said) a jellyfish. Although I guess LucasFilm took the idea from the Jedi Knight game which features a force destruction thing and basically it's just a giant red ball you can have as a force power as a Sith. 3 out of 5. Needs more articulation, lightsaber needed some work, and the "blasting force" thing needed a little work.

Jango - aka: Clint Eastwood wannabe. Is it just me or does this guy look like a bad ombre' from a rejected western? While the armor idea is ok, he needs a little more armor and I'd like to know what is with the jet pack, it's almost bigger than Jango. And gee I like that futurisitctommy blaster gun. :D 1 and a half out of 5. Needs better articulation of course, needs more armor, better jet pack (Ya know if they used magnets and a little one in the jet pack and one in Jango's torso, that would be rather cool that way you could have a better more realistic battle) and he just flat out needs alot of work. It would've been cool if he came with like a Jenosian. He doesn't even come with the little blaster clips that make it look like he's firing his blasters.

Turbowars
02-02-2002, 02:13 PM
For some reason all of Hasbro's deluxe figures suck. POTJ Leia w/canon and POTF2 Probe Droid were the only ones worth picking up.

Unit-01
02-02-2002, 02:20 PM
The big gun with Jango is I think sometype of rocketlauncher. Bacta Tank Luke was a good deluxe too, everyone wanted that I remember that on everyone's wishlist years ago. Here are the backs of the cards.
Mace-back (http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v1/5/73/11/30457311YjThwsfDRi_ph.jpg)
Jango-back (http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v1/5/45/38/30454538ZSAKJTnPde_ph.jpg)

Beast
02-02-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
For some reason all of Hasbro's deluxe figures suck. POTJ Leia w/canon and POTF2 Probe Droid were the only ones worth picking up.

I think they look great. The POTJ Deluxe figures were awesome. Luke w/ Bacta Tank, Amanaman, and heck, even Darth Maul was cool. Sure his stance sucked, but the tatoos looked cool on the figure. I actually like the fact they are even incorperating some deluxe like pack-ins wiith the basic E2 line.

As for the POTF2 line, are you saying that the Hoth Rebel Trooper w/ Radar Laser Cannon and the Imperial Snowtrooper w/ E-Web Laser Cannon sucked? :rolleyes: The only POTF2 deluxe figures that I thought sucked were the Luke, Han, and Boba Fett. The Stormtrooper wasn't to bad, looks good in an EU Imperial forces diorama.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Fulit
02-02-2002, 02:26 PM
Why, in this one picture, does Plo Koon have a blue lightsaber?http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1699609945

Jek Porky 2002
02-02-2002, 02:29 PM
I've made up my mind, Mace Windu is the best figure ever, weather it'll be the the same when I get it's another matter!

By the way the carded backs of both figures are forbidden, is this just my computer or is every one having the same problems?

Beast
02-02-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Fulit
Why, in this one picture, does Plo Koon have a blue lightsaber?http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1699609945

Because in Episode II, Plo Koon has a blue lightsaber, check out this thread for information on why he doesn't have his yellow lightsaber seen on the POTJ figure.

Plo Koon discussion (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3230)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-02-2002, 03:17 PM
Ya know..... on the back of Mace's card with him in that pose and holding his lightsaber, he looks an awful lot like the Qui-Gon from the Swimming JJB wave. :p

Beast
02-02-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Ya know..... on the back of Mace's card with him in that pose and holding his lightsaber, he looks an awful lot like the Qui-Gon from the Swimming JJB wave. :p

Hey LTBasker or anyone that can, mind copying those images and posting them here. I get acess denied when I try to view the backs of the cards. Thanks ahead of time for the help. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-02-2002, 03:56 PM
Deluxe Mace

LTBasker
02-02-2002, 03:57 PM
Deluxe Jango

CrossWizard
02-02-2002, 03:58 PM
Mace looks cool, I like the pose and I love the saber hilt. Is it just me or does Jango look like hes ready for a western style showdown. Jango Fett, the fastest gun on the west.

Beast
02-02-2002, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the images LTBasker. :D
They arn't quite as clear as the front images, but they fill in some details I was curious about on the figures. Mace's action force push attack "jellyfish" sure looks better now then the "Force Action Crotch Shampoo" (as it was dubbed by some) that's also packed in. :crazed: Thank the gods that both are removable.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

stillakid
02-02-2002, 04:43 PM
Jango's Commtech chip would say something like, "Hombre, there ain't room in this galaxy for both of us."

And Mace is doing some kind of wacky Kung Fu sh#t. I guess Lucas liked the Matrix or something. That would explain the hole ridden storylines.

Lord Tenebrous
02-02-2002, 05:05 PM
Very nice, thanks 'Basker.

And lookie...it's Darth Tyranus, not Dooku, in the Deluxe assortment. Hopefully, that means we get a standard non-posed Dooku in the first waves.

Edit: This is what the Official Site said about the deluxe:

Obi-Wan Kenobi and Count Dooku each come with a Force-flipping base which allows them to flip into battle.

It wasn't Tyranus...hehehe.

snakeplkn
02-02-2002, 05:27 PM
When Hasbro released them, Jango looked good and Mace didn't. Now the roles are reversed. I'll be picking up Mace, hope he has wrist movement though. Jango is funny to look at, like others immediately thought of the Westerns. Only the regular blue card Jango looks worth buying.

Snake Plissken
"Let's play a little Bangkok Rules"

Beast
02-02-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
And lookie...it's Darth Tyranus, not Dooku, in the Deluxe assortment. Hopefully, that means we get a standard non-posed Dooku in the first waves.

Edit: This is what the Official Site said about the deluxe:
Obi-Wan Kenobi and Count Dooku each come with a Force-flipping base which allows them to flip into battle.

It wasn't Tyranus...hehehe.

I think Hasbro and the official site are trying to be quiet about Count Dooku using the Sith title of "Darth Tyranus". After all it is a major spoiler, though..not like the fact we haven't already seen Count Dooku in the trailer with a red bladed lightsaber. Perhaps they wanna keep the title under wraps so we don't realize that "Darth Tyranus" and "Count Dooku" are one in the same.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LusiferSam
02-02-2002, 05:48 PM
Mace looks pretty cool, but fire ball thing? And Jango is not too bad. As a kid I also took the capes and stuff off my SW figures and I have a friend who's kid does the same thing. So accessories are meant to come are a good thing. But that over size back pack?:confused:

Beast
02-02-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by LusiferSam
Mace looks pretty cool, but fire ball thing? And Jango is not too bad. As a kid I also took the capes and stuff off my SW figures and I have a friend who's kid does the same thing. So accessories are meant to come are a good thing. But that over size back pack?:confused:

Yeah, the oversized backpack looks a little odd, but it's the only way they could squeeze in the electronics and batteries. If you look really close at the carded back image underneath the image of Jango wearing the backpack it says:

Press jetpack button for battle action sounds

Oh well, if the attachment point for the deluxe backpack is the same as for the non-deluxe Jango, I'll just switch backpacks. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
02-02-2002, 06:16 PM
It reminds me of..... remember the old G.I. Joe action figures that came with electronic backpacks that could be used as stands or gun emplacements and stuff? (Rock 'n' roll, Captain Bludd etc.)They had four batteries inside and four buttons on the front that each played a phrase or a battle sound effect. One had the immortal "Yo Joe!" "Eat lead Cobra!" "Move out!" they were about the same size as this Jango backpack so it's probably the same gizmo re-used. Well that puts the technology about ten years out of date because I'm sure those G.I. Joe figures came out about 1992. Why didn't they stop at the removable armour and concentrate on making a Jango figure that looks decent? It would have sold just as well if not better. That backpack is going to have this thing hanging on the pegs for years. And no doubt it's the same Steven Hawking voice or the same Blaster effect from the commtech chips. Why throw an idea out completely when you can recycle it into cruddy cheapo pack-ins? Only that cheapo pack-in will cost an arm and a leg to buy. I think I'd rather just have the regular carded Jango and hope they put out a non armour wearing Kamino Jango. This deluxe version just doesn't seem very deluxe.

Deluxe - def: luxurious, sumptious. Of a superior kind.

This jango fits that dictionary definition does it? Superior to the regular carded version? If you say so Hasbro...... Yeah right! :Pirate:

Unit-01
02-02-2002, 06:45 PM
Mace looks good but I'll be getting the Basic version probably. Hasbro has a bunch of spoilers in the information on the figures on the back of the cards. It does say Darth Tyranus on the back of the card. Oh yeah, how do you attach images here?

Jargo
02-02-2002, 06:58 PM
If it's in your PC then you can use the browse function which is just under the text enter field when you reply to a thread. Just make sure the image is no more than 20kb or it'll get rejected. If you're linking, the system has an auto-parse feature so if you type in the full url to the message it adds the tags for you. you can check the little radio buttons underneath the text enter field and there should be an option to auto parse url's there. :)

Of course all this is probably explained much more clearly and thoroughly in the HOW DO I (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=169) section at the top of the main index page.

GNT
02-02-2002, 07:22 PM
Mace looks good,nice sculpt but I'll just buy the basic version untill it goes on clearance :) Jango I'll pass stupid hasbro

Paul-Kenobi
02-02-2002, 10:18 PM
i've said once ill say it again :) THEY KICK ***$! there number one on my list :)

Darth Evil
02-03-2002, 07:12 AM
Mace looks great, my faith in Hasbro is partially restored. It'll be fully restored if the basic Tyrannus/Dooku is in a neutral pose and his lightsaber isn't stuck to his hands! (And is good in every other respect, of course)

badtaste
02-03-2002, 05:29 PM
I think they're great.Jango's backpack oversized? I can live with that. Does anybody remembers the FX hunchbacks of the POTF 2 line ? Compared to that crap, this stuff looks great!

Mace has a great expression amd Jango, well, there are already 3 vresions of him. one prequel, one Deluxe and one common version.one of them will be worth buying him.

Anyway, did you see that the helmet collors of Jango differs from the helmet that is included with the Boba Fett Boy. Boba's helmet is silver at the top, and Jango's elmet at the top is gold or something. Might be mistaken.

Sorry about my bad English

Beast
02-03-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by badtaste
I think they're great.Jango's backpack oversized? I can live with that. Does anybody remembers the FX hunchbacks of the POTF 2 line ? Compared to that crap, this stuff looks great!
Mace has a great expression amd Jango, well, there are already 3 vresions of him. one prequel, one Deluxe and one common version.one of them will be worth buying him.

Yeah, the Power FX line with the light up lightsabers was cool, but the hunchbacks they had to give them to hold the batteries looked horrible. Luckily they all had capes to hide the humps pretty well. To bad they were to cheap to use blue LED's (the most expensive LED color) for the Obi-Wan, so they gave him a green lightsaber. :(

I agree, the Mace figure looks truely sweet. Can't wait to pick him up, though I will probably leave the special action jedi blasts off. And I expect even more variations of Jango in the future, he's going to be E2's Darth Maul for Hasbro. I'm sure we'll get a totally armorless version of Fett, as he appears on Kamino.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-03-2002, 06:47 PM
Even though all they had to do was get a clear LED or something and then color the saber blue.

I still think if they were able to put that mini-circuitry in the chips they should've been able to make the electronics in the jetpack smaller.

General Veers
02-03-2002, 06:52 PM
Nice Pics LTbasker and StarWarsToys!:D These look really cool, but the thing that comes with Mace Windu does look like a jelly fish though:happy:

Beast
02-03-2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Even though all they had to do was get a clear LED or something and then color the saber blue.

Same thing I have always thought, but when I asked about why they didn't do it that way, I got this answer back. Apperantly tests were done with blue plastic and a clear LED but the saber didn't glow as well as they wanted. So they went with a green LED. Same reason that Emporer Palpatine got yellow LED's and white lightning. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SithDroid
02-03-2002, 07:19 PM
It's Tai Chi Mace Windu!

Jango Fett looks like something out of a bad western.

Jargo
02-03-2002, 07:28 PM
Maybe that thing packed with him is a dim sum. :) Mace Windu with pack-in take-away chinese meal....... :crazed:

JEDIpartner
02-03-2002, 09:59 PM
erhm... I'm not sure on either of these... I have a feeling that Mace will be unable to put his arms in any other position. I think he will be permanently posed like that to accomodate the "Jellyfish/Dim Sum" projectile and its firing mechanism. If this is the case... I am gonna have to chuckle... Give him a chip that has Randy from "A Christmas Story" on it! "I can't put my arms dowwwwwnnnnn (sob sob)!!!" :D

I'll just get the standard Jango. That's enough Jango for me, thanks.

Beast
02-03-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
erhm... I'm not sure on either of these... I have a feeling that Mace will be unable to put his arms in any other position. I think he will be permanently posed like that to accomodate the "Jellyfish/Dim Sum" projectile and its firing mechanism. If this is the case... I am gonna have to chuckle... Give him a chip that has Randy from "A Christmas Story" on it! "I can't put my arms dowwwwwnnnnn (sob sob)!!!" :D

Looking closely at the image of the carded front, it looks like the firing arm has a joint like the Commetch Stormtrooper shoulder. You can just see the lil ring in the middle of the shoulder next to the bottom of the attachment joint. I think that you will atleast be able to put the arm down. The long shaft for the firing attack probably extends out a hole in the back of the figure's arm. You push down on the on and it fires.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Obehave Kenobi
02-04-2002, 02:11 AM
It looked that way to me, too Hopefully, both arms will go down. If they do, I will have finally seen the first figure I will buy without hesitation.

Jedi Law Student
02-04-2002, 10:14 AM
Hey SithDroid, I think you're right about Deluxe Jango Fett looking like he's from a western movie. I know some of these figures acquire nicknames in the forums. I hereby dub this action figure Rootin' Tootin' Jango Fett.

pthfnder89
02-04-2002, 12:45 PM
I don't think I'll buy the Deluxe Jango, but I dont think he's too bad.

Anyone else think that the reason for his pose is to balance him so he won't fall over with the big Jetpack?

Mace I will definitely be buying. I understand if the little force projectiles aren't interesting to some people, but I'm at the threads I've heard where people are actually offended by them.

JetsAndHeels
02-04-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Law Student
Hey SithDroid, I think you're right about Deluxe Jango Fett looking like he's from a western movie. I know some of these figures acquire nicknames in the forums. I hereby dub this action figure Rootin' Tootin' Jango Fett.

Yee-Haw!!
(Rides off into the sunset with oversized Jetpack).

Jargo
02-04-2002, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
Give him a chip that has Randy from "A Christmas Story" on it! "I can't put my arms dowwwwwnnnnn (sob sob)!!!" :D Oh man that made me laugh. I love that movie! :D

Jango reminds me of the lame thing they did at the official site at xmas in some animation thing by having Jango give Boba the jetpack and then Boba went flying through the window and off into the wild blue yonder. Jango was dressed in his gown and slippers but still with his helmet on. This Jango looks like Pat Boone in the middle of some half arsed, lame song in a TV special or something. Like that's some nice sweater Jango has on. He looks like he's shrugging and the sound effects from his oversized backpack will be him saying "Don't blame me.... I'm sorry already!" :D