PDA

View Full Version : $9.99 lightsaber minis at Fry's!!!

plasticfetish
12-21-2006, 10:07 PM
Don't know if this has gotten around yet, but...

I was just over at Fry's shopping, and I noticed that they had ROTS minis there for $9.99. To make the deal even sweeter, I managed to dig around a bit, and pull out a gold Yoda, Darth Vader and Anakin saber. (Sadly, there weren't any gold Obi-Wan minis left... but plenty of the regulars.)

Ten bucks is a great deal for these, so I thought you guys might like to know.

:)

nash
12-22-2006, 07:36 AM
man how things have changed... I remember just last year when most minis were going for at least $40 each and the mace windu mini was going for $100+.

Jayspawn
12-22-2006, 10:21 AM
I hear that nash!

I dont have a Fry's here in Colorado, but good luck to everyone else. Thats a heck of a deal!

JediTricks
12-22-2006, 04:41 PM
I mentioned the $10 Minis in the LA Just Found thread, didn't know there were any regular Obi-Wans there, I would have bought that for sure. Did you go to the Burbank Frys PF, and if so, where were they located? I only saw the display by the Cust Service area.

plasticfetish
12-22-2006, 08:47 PM
Did you go to the Burbank Frys PF, and if so, where were they located? I only saw the display by the Cust Service area.No, I'm in Oregon silly. ;) (There's only one Fry's in this state BTW.)

The minis were in two spots here, pretty much in and around their weird toy section.

force-fx
12-22-2006, 09:24 PM
There are no minis at all in the LAX frys.
The Burbank and City of industry Frys has about 500 minis each.
But the few golds they both had have been snatched up by me,so don`t even waste your gas if its gold you seek with those stores.

figrin bran
12-24-2006, 12:07 AM
that Burbank Frys was down to just 3 minis this morning and all were Yodas. i bought one as well as an Anakin FX saber.

my yoda saber has dents on it :(

plasticfetish
12-24-2006, 02:06 AM
my yoda saber has dents on itThey're all like that... it's "battle damage."

figrin bran
12-24-2006, 02:09 AM
They're all like that... it's "battle damage."

alright, good to hear that, then. though you would think that since it was dropped from such a height in the senate chamber that there would be even more dents.

JediTricks
12-27-2006, 01:24 AM
No, I'm in Oregon silly. ;) (There's only one Fry's in this state BTW.)Heh heh, whoops! I'm still having a hard time getting used to your move, I guess. :p

that Burbank Frys was down to just 3 minis this morning and all were Yodas. i bought one as well as an Anakin FX saber. By the time I got there in the afternoon of your post, they were all gone. :( I suspect scalper influence!

Han_Shot_1st
12-29-2006, 02:14 PM
I hear that nash!

I dont have a Fry's here in Colorado, but good luck to everyone else. Thats a heck of a deal!

You can still get them from Fry's website, www.outpost.com (http://www.outpost.com). $9.99. You can't specify if you want a gold one though.

figrin bran
12-29-2006, 09:18 PM
schway! thanks for the link! they have yoda's incorrectly listed as vader's, however.

figrin bran
01-03-2007, 09:14 PM
in the mail today, i got the mini Vader, Obi Wan and Anakin sabers that i ordered from frys.com. none were gold and i didn't want any golds either.

Darth Instigator
01-03-2007, 11:01 PM
they have a vader 0.45 scale for $9.99 also, is this a mistake?

figrin bran
01-03-2007, 11:46 PM
they have a vader 0.45 scale for $9.99 also, is this a mistake?

i'm not sure what you mean but on the fry's site, yoda's is incorrectly listed as vader's and there are actually two "vader's".

plasticfetish
01-04-2007, 12:14 AM
At Fry's, I saw Obi-Wan,Yoda, Anakin and Vader from episode III. (BTW, The other day we went back, and my Fry's still had a decent pile of them, so they're still out there if anyone's looking.)

JediTricks
01-04-2007, 09:34 PM
I hit Fry's yesterday and they had a handful of ROTS Vaders and one empty box for a Yoda one - what kind of a moron risks his freedom over a tiny lightsaber replica that's been cut down to a $10 price?

Anyway, the Vader one is extremely "meh" just as I feared it would be, the source material is just no good. I only wanted the Obi-Wan version anyway though.

plasticfetish
01-08-2007, 09:34 PM
Obi-Wan version anyway though.Did you find one? (Still need one?)

Darth Instigator
01-08-2007, 10:04 PM
i'm not sure what you mean but on the fry's site, yoda's is incorrectly listed as vader's and there are actually two "vader's".
I mean as opposed to the mini the 0.45 version, I assume this is bigger than the mini that they also have for $9.99

JediTricks
01-09-2007, 09:06 PM
Did you find one? (Still need one?)Did not find, yes I do still need one.