PDA

View Full Version : Ki-Adi Mundi

Jek Porky 2002
02-02-2002, 01:45 PM
You'll all probably disagree with me but being as we've had a new Plo and new Mace, I would really like to see a new Ki-Adi Mundi in his battle stance, with BLUE lightsaber. Obviously if he doesn't fight in the film they shouldn't make a figure of him.
And by the way, I agree that there should only be three lightsaber colours otherwise it will look silly with all multi coloured lightsabers. Red Green and Blue only from now on I'll accept Mace's Purple one because he's not just any old Jedi, he's one of the top dogs, as it where!

LTBasker
02-02-2002, 01:49 PM
Hey, remember Ki-Adi had a purple saber (or so we've seen) and since Mace is gonna have a purple saber, maybe Lucas will let Ki-Adi have his. *shrugs*

Jek Porky 2002
02-02-2002, 02:04 PM
But we didn't see him use a purple lightsber in the film did we! He did on the figure but that isn't much to go by, have a look on the back of the box of his EI figure he has a blue one and it looks so much better.

LTBasker
02-02-2002, 02:07 PM
Yeah, but it's not like he's got yellow or anything. It is a possibility..

Beast
02-02-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Yeah, but it's not like he's got yellow or anything. It is a possibility..

Yeah, I think Lucas will only let Mace have the purple bladed saber though. But ya never know, atleast there is more of a chance of Ki-Adi-Mundi keeping his purple saber, then there is of Adi Galla keeping her red lightsaber. I don't think Lucas wants a Jedi running around with sith colors. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jek Porky 2002
02-02-2002, 02:34 PM
Too right, never mind George Lucas not wanting her running around with Sith colours, I don't either.

Lord Tenebrous
02-02-2002, 02:43 PM
Ki-Adi-Mundi was shown on the cover of the Star Wars Insider with a blue lightsaber (I think it was the issue after the AOTC Bounty Hunter spotlight). He doesn't look as aged as say, Palpatine or Mas Amedda, and his Ep1 figure was decently semi-action posed. I don't find him a neccessary resculpt, at least not this year.

Plo is an iffy in this category, and I think the only reason Saesee is being redone is so he can fit into a Jedi Starfighter. I would really just like new Jedi, period, like Bultar Swan and Alta Ranga.

Unit-01
02-02-2002, 07:39 PM
LOL, I wonder if Ki-Adi-Mundi can fit in a JS.:p

Beast
02-02-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Unit-01
LOL, I wonder if Ki-Adi-Mundi can fit in a JS.:p

LOL, I rather doubt it. Not unless they release a new double bubble cockpit canopy for him. :D It's a good thing that Yoda from what I read arrives at the end of the movie in a republic gunship. Can you imagine Yoda's Jedi Starfighter with booster seat. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
02-02-2002, 08:41 PM
Y'know, I'm leaning towards maroon or crimson lake on Adi's saber but it could be burnt sienna...... (?!!!)

I'd actually like the characters to have a multi ranging array of colours. it makes it easier to know which saber goes with which action figure when most of them are the same color and you have a million Qui-Gon and Obi sabers cluttering up the place :rolleyes:

hows about different shades of green on a coule of them or pink or orange. white or sky blue pink with yellow dots. Anything to distinguish between the sea of drab brown Jedi robes. honestly, these religious types have no concept of accessorising.....!! :rolleyes: :D

evenflow
02-05-2002, 09:54 AM
I like different color sabers, I hope he has an orange one. Just for something different. ;)

General Veers
02-05-2002, 04:06 PM
In time they will make a Ki-Adi-Mundi with a blue lightsaber. George Lucas even said that all the Jedi would eitheir have blue, green, red or In Mace's case purple since he is a top jedi. I rather see many different colors, but what can we do:(

Darth Evil
02-06-2002, 01:03 PM
It's pity Lucas isn't going to have all the lightsaber colours, I love Plo Koon's yellow one.

JEDIpartner
02-06-2002, 01:42 PM
Ki-Adi Mundi is the only member on the Jedi Council who is NOT a Jedi Master. He has never taken a Padawan either...

No student... not a master...? What gives???

Damn straight these Jedi don't know how to accessorise! You GO, Jargo!!!:crazed:

General Veers
02-06-2002, 01:58 PM
What's Lucas's motive behind making all the sabers purple, red, gree, or blue?:confused: It gets knida boring after a while:zzz:

Beast
02-06-2002, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by General Veers
What's Lucas's motive behind making all the sabers purple, red, gree, or blue?:confused: It gets knida boring after a while:zzz:

I belive that ILM and Lucas discovered thru tests that anything but those colors don't look good on film. In the comics the sabers can be more stylised and vibrant color wise, but on film the colors just don't look right. Someone said elsewhere that they made a student film and tested colors such as orange, yellow, and silver..etc, and none of them glowed as well as green, red, blue.

Also, I think Lucas wants to hint at some meaning behind the colors. Same reason that Sith Lords and Sith Apprentaces only ever weild red lightsabers, atleast in the films. Perhaps Jedi's restrict themselves to two (or in the case of Mace's purple saber, which can be considered a variant of blue) or three colors for some profound reason. Maybe Jedi's that have earned special honors are allowed to weild green, and since Mace is the head of the council, he gets the high honor of having a purple lightsaber.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

General Veers
02-06-2002, 02:15 PM
Nice theory JarJar!;)

Lord Tenebrous
02-06-2002, 02:42 PM
I do think that red, blue, and green make good colors, and it's justified, because those are the three basic colors of light. If he wanted to go secondary, he could include cyan, magenta, and yellow, but I doubt they'd look as good.

BTW, here's a shot of Ki with his blue 'saber.

Beast
02-06-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
BTW, here's a shot of Ki with his blue 'saber.

Thanks for the picture, Lord Tenebrous. It's the first time I've seen it, and I really like the look of Ki-Adi-Mundi with a blue lightsaber. I really prefer that over the purple lightsaber the E1 figure was packaged with, it was to dark. I'm glad that Lucas and Hasbro went with a brighter purple color for Mace's lightsaber. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sebulba524
02-06-2002, 02:57 PM
Ya know what you should do? You should take the Mace figure and Ki-Adi figure and switch sabers. It actually looks pretty good.