PDA

View Full Version : Working title?

Kidhuman
12-23-2006, 02:45 PM
I found this picture at work while going through all the folders on my computer. I had never seen it before. Also was it a working title or did it change or is this completely fabricated?

Jargo
12-23-2006, 04:32 PM
looks like fan art. various titles were rumoured. that would have been a far better title in my opinion. Or even rise of the dark lord. revenge of the sith is too similar to return of the jedi.

Kidhuman
12-23-2006, 09:42 PM
I think it would have been a better title as well.

2-1B
12-24-2006, 12:57 AM
The Phantom Menace 3 would have been the best title.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-24-2006, 10:46 AM
While it seems too similar to ROJ, it was intended to be that way. Think of the symmetry:

A New Hope (yeah, it was a late addition when Lucas realized his movies could have sequels, but it's hinting at a future "something" we as the audience don't fully know its identity but have a pretty good idea what it could be)... and The Phantom Menace (see above, minus the "late addition" part).

The Empire Strikes Back (this is the lamest SW title, IMO, even if the film itself is the best; it harkens back to the now-cheesy Saturday serials Lucas so loved as a kid)... and Attack of the Clones (see some parts above).

Return of the Jedi (we all know it was originally listed as "Revenge" of the Jedi to throw some off, but it's exactly what happens by the end: either a sort of revenge against the arrogance of the Sith or the re-immergence of the Jedi Knights order)... and Revenge of the Sith (seems an opposite of the above).

Jargo
12-24-2006, 01:27 PM
quite honestly Star Wars 1,2,3,4,5,6 would suffice. without the serial titles. whatever Lucas intended, the movies didn't turn out like a serial. just a single movie with sequels and prequels. 1-6 is all it needs really.

And how will people refer to the tv show? Star wars: The interlude? :grin:

Rogue II
12-24-2006, 02:21 PM
And how will people refer to the tv show? Star wars: The interlude? :grin:

I think they will refer to it as "garbage".

Mad Slanted Powers
12-24-2006, 08:06 PM
While it seems too similar to ROJ, it was intended to be that way. Think of the symmetry:

A New Hope (yeah, it was a late addition when Lucas realized his movies could have sequels, but it's hinting at a future "something" we as the audience don't fully know its identity but have a pretty good idea what it could be)... and The Phantom Menace (see above, minus the "late addition" part).

The Empire Strikes Back (this is the lamest SW title, IMO, even if the film itself is the best; it harkens back to the now-cheesy Saturday serials Lucas so loved as a kid)... and Attack of the Clones (see some parts above).

Return of the Jedi (we all know it was originally listed as "Revenge" of the Jedi to throw some off, but it's exactly what happens by the end: either a sort of revenge against the arrogance of the Sith or the re-immergence of the Jedi Knights order)... and Revenge of the Sith (seems an opposite of the above).Well said. Exactly what I was thinking.

I think they will refer to it as "garbage".That remains to be seen, and it will depend on which people you ask. The prequels are a great example of that. Plenty would refer to them as garbage, but those such as myself rather enjoyed them.

JediTricks
12-27-2006, 08:07 PM
Fan art for sure, you can tell that it's been pieced together pretty heavily. It takes the Ep 1 logo and adds 2 more "I" characters (that look about 1 pixel uneven from each other), stretches out the upper line, creates an unmatching lower line, and uses a font that isn't exactly right for the subtitle (the "T"s and "E"s have little shapes that aren't right). Also, the Anakin is the Ep 2 character with modified eyes, the lightsaber blade is way too long, and that's Vader from ROTJ next to it.

As for the name itself, this was a heavily speculated title, if you search the forums you'll see it comes up in a few threads as the top possibility for Ep 3, even Ep 2: http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aforums.sirstevesguide.com+%22rise+ of+the+empire%22
It comes up 8 times in 1 of those threads, but it was never a working title according to Lucas, the working title was just "Episode III".

darthvyn
12-28-2006, 02:28 PM
... but it was never a working title according to Lucas, the working title was just "Episode III".

no, it was "charlotte"! :D

Kidhuman
12-28-2006, 04:18 PM
Fan art for sure, you can tell that it's been pieced together pretty heavily. It takes the Ep 1 logo and adds 2 more "I" characters (that look about 1 pixel uneven from each other), stretches out the upper line, creates an unmatching lower line, and uses a font that isn't exactly right for the subtitle (the "T"s and "E"s have little shapes that aren't right). Also, the Anakin is the Ep 2 character with modified eyes, the lightsaber blade is way too long, and that's Vader from ROTJ next to it.

OK, we know JT got a fine tooth comb for Christmas and he knows how to use it.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-28-2006, 08:40 PM
no, it was "charlotte"! :D

Apparently, Charlotte's Web is not about all of Palpatine's political manipulations.