PDA

View Full Version : Anakin and Padme are straight-up criminals....

General_Grievous
12-23-2006, 06:26 PM
I was watching the scene in AOTC where Ani and Padme leave Tatooine and realized that they stole C3PO. They never asked Cliegg if they could take him. And yeah, I know Anakin built him, but when he was a boy, he entrusted Threepio to Shmi's care, making her the droid's owner. When she moved in with the Larses, the droid became their property. Anakin should have at least asked for permission to take Threepio. Heck, he didn't even say goodbye to the Larses.He just took off. No wonder Owen was hard on Luke...

2-1B
12-23-2006, 07:52 PM
Shmi was freed and so was her annoying droid, unfortunately.

JediTricks
12-26-2006, 08:34 PM
Were Shmi and Cliegg legally married? If not, then 3PO would be Anakin's property since he was her next-of-kin. However, if they were, then he'd be Cliegg's while Anakin could take him to probate court... unless Shmi had a will, of course. :p

Kidhuman
12-26-2006, 09:13 PM
Just because we didnt see it, doesnt mean it didnt happen. We never see Obi-Wan sleep, but we assume he did

bobafrett
12-26-2006, 11:50 PM
Then Clieggs son, Owen, pays the Jawa's to buy back what might have rightfully been his upon Clieggs death in the first place.

Jargo
12-27-2006, 12:28 AM
Cliegg: You'd better - you'd better take your mother's droid son. She would have wanted you to have it.

Anakin: But he's mine anyway, I built him. I was taking him anyway and stealing the coverings. I was taking your nifty chair too and the chick with your son. I am invincible I am the best!

Cliegg: oh just ********* yourself...

JediTricks
12-27-2006, 02:54 AM
Ownership means very little on Tatooine, the Jawas sell all sorts of things that aren't theirs.

darthvyn
01-10-2007, 01:21 PM
Just because we didnt see it, doesnt mean it didnt happen. We never see Obi-Wan sleep, but we assume he did

i never assumed that... you bring up a good point - DID obi-wan ever sleep???

El Chuxter
01-10-2007, 02:11 PM
No. That's why he didn't remember Artoo.

General_Grievous
01-10-2007, 02:40 PM
I think he vaguely remembers Artoo. There's something about how he says "Hello there. Come here, my little friend. Don't be afraid" in ANH that to me suggests Obi-Wan recognizing Artoo.

JediTricks
01-10-2007, 09:55 PM
I think he vaguely remembers Artoo. There's something about how he says "Hello there. Come here, my little friend. Don't be afraid" in ANH that to me suggests Obi-Wan recognizing Artoo.
Except that when the part was acted and the script it was based on was written there was no past between the 2 characters.