PDA

View Full Version : Major League Baseball MMVII(merged)

Pages : 1 [2]

CaptainSolo1138
10-02-2007, 04:30 PM
he is becoming a sports commentator!!Read this (http://www.firejoemorgan.com/2007/10/pop.html). Apparently it doesn't take much anymore.

DarthQuack
10-02-2007, 05:02 PM
LOL way to earn your paycheck.

2-1B
10-02-2007, 09:01 PM
I didn't know Joe Morgan was so hated ?

Look at Tycho, preachin' to us 'bout how we shouldn't marry...but he let his own brother walk the plank ? lol

Kidhuman
10-02-2007, 09:09 PM
Wakefield out of first round

DarthQuack
10-02-2007, 10:08 PM
Doesn't bother me.

CaptainSolo1138
10-02-2007, 11:21 PM
I didn't know Joe Morgan was so hated ?The guy is a moron on every level. Read any of the "Joe Chat" transcripts on firejoemorgan and you'll see that all he does is contradict himself, he never checks facts, he never gives a straight opinion, he thinks the correct spelling of the work is "concetrate" and he consistently over uses the term "consistent".

Tycho
10-03-2007, 02:55 AM
Look at Tycho, preachin' to us 'bout how we shouldn't marry...but he let his own brother walk the plank ? lol

My personal views in this world are a reflection of my own ill experiences. I wouldn't be a good big brother if I guided my padawan away from what may continue to be a wonderful thing for him.

He's been with his girlfriend for 6 years, most of that time they were living together. She helped support him emotionally when he built his business, and when his mother died. She was always there for him. I was witness to their relationship being a real partnership, else I wouldn't be so happy for him but would have rather told him to RUN!

I don't know if they will last forever, but I give them a great chance. That is so very different from a situation where a girl walks into my life, learns what I am worth, and that on top of that, have a life-threatening illness. And she was never there when I was struggling to finish college, win my election, recover from my aneurysm, get over my own mother's death, face the medical choices I'm still making, or complete my book for whatever success might come from it (or weep for the Chargers and now the Padres).

So the situation is quite different. You guys laugh at me already, so I'll just say you can laugh a whole lot harder if we're all still around on this web site in another 10 years and I somehow make it and say I'm in love, or some stupid nonsense like that, and announce that I'm getting married. :rolleyes:

Don't even think I fantacize about that. I don't need a better half. I like my rotten whole. :p

bobafrett
10-03-2007, 09:01 AM
I don't post here often enough, but how bout' those Cubbies!

Baseball season is underway
Well you'd better get ready for a brand new day
Hey Chicago, what do you say?
The Cubs are gonna win today

They're singing
Go Cubs Go!
Go Cubs Go!

Go Cubs Go!
Go Cubs Go!

They've got the power
They've got the speed
To be the best in the National League

Well this is the year
And the Cubs are real
So come on down to Wrigley Field

We're singing
Go Cubs Go!
Go Cubs Go!

Go Cubs Go!
Go Cubs Go!

Baseball time is here again
You can catch it all on WGN
So stamp your feet and clap your hands
Chicago Cubs have got the greatest fans

Keep on singing
Go Cubs Go!
Go Cubs Go!

(Let's go!) Go Cubs Go!
Go Cubs Go!
The Cubs are gonna win today!

Go Cubs Go!
Go Cubs Go!

(Take charge!) Go Cubs Go!
Go Cubs Go!

Go Cubs Go!
Go Cubs Go!

Go Cubs Go!
Go Cubs Go!

(repeat and fade)

I hope to be singing that after the Cubs win the World series!!!!!!!

DarthQuack
10-03-2007, 10:05 AM
Game Day....I'll be rooting for the Cubs, Rockies, and Angels.

Tycho
10-04-2007, 01:08 AM
I'm so sorry for the Cubs. They made a good effort tonight, but the Dumb-DumbBacks won.

By the way, I went to a sports bar in San Diego to watch the game, and for at least a couple of different reasons, almost everyone there was pulling for the Cubbies.

In other news, I would have liked it if the Angels won, but Boston is going all the way I think. You heard that first right here on Tycho-Talk with your host, Turrette's-Tycho. :crazed:

Mad Slanted Powers
10-04-2007, 01:55 AM
Of all the teams in the playoffs, Colorado is the only one to never have won a World Series. The years the other teams last won:

Boston 2004
Los Angeles Angels (Anaheim) 2002
Arizona 2001
New York Yankees 2000 (lost in 2001 & 2003)
Philadelphia 1980 (lost in 1993)
Cleveland 1948 (lost in 1995 & 1997)
Chicago Cubs 1908 (last appearance in World Series was 1945)

So, I would like to see one of the C teams win: Colorado, Chicago or Cleveland.

DarthQuack
10-05-2007, 12:19 AM
Well we got pretty roughed up in Game 1. I'm hopeful Pettitte will come out strong in Game 2. Joba Rules!

CaptainSolo1138
10-05-2007, 03:09 PM
There was something about this (http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j141/ECKoolAid/lolsports/sex-pedroia-1.jpg) that had me laughing uncontrollably for several minutes.

DarthQuack
10-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Freaking bugs.... :mad::mad::mad:

Kidhuman
10-05-2007, 10:58 PM
It wasnt the bugs, its the damn bats.

CaptainSolo1138
10-06-2007, 11:03 AM
I have a feeling that there is about to be a broom shortage in Coyahoga county. :pleased:

DarthQuack
10-06-2007, 09:42 PM
Mother Freaking Diamondbacks.....another heartache for Cubs fans....

jjreason
10-06-2007, 10:06 PM
Yep, Cubbies are gone too soon. It could be a 4-sweep first round.

TeeEye7
10-07-2007, 01:07 AM
Oh, if only I were a broom salesman today.......:Ponder:

Rockies just won...D-backs waiting in the wings................:)

Tycho
10-07-2007, 03:55 AM
There's no love for the DumbDumb-Backs in San Diego. I can tell you that.

We're not Colorado fans, either. :mad:

jjreason
10-07-2007, 08:21 AM
Man oh man, baseball fans around the world are licking their chops!!!!

What could be more exciting than D-Backs vs Rockies to go to the World Series????? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Mad Slanted Powers
10-07-2007, 10:32 AM
They could market it as the desert nomads versus the highlanders. There can be only one!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-07-2007, 11:14 AM
It is nice to see franchises that normally don't even get their chance at their moment in the Sun, to do so. Congratulations to the Rockies. My brother who lives in Denver (and is a fellow Red Sox fan) says the town is basking in Colorado glory.

DarthQuack
10-07-2007, 11:17 AM
It is nice to see franchises that normally don't even get their chance at their moment in the Sun, to do so. Congratulations to the Rockies. My brother who lives in Denver (and is a fellow Red Sox fan) says the town is basking in Colorado glory.

I agree, although I still want the Yankees to pull it out :P But assuming they don't I'll be pulling for the Rockies to win it all.

DarthQuack
10-08-2007, 12:09 PM
Going to Game 4 in the Bronx tonight....nice win last night by the Bombers.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-09-2007, 12:03 AM
I am saddened that the New York franchise is out of the playoffs.

I am not telling the truth.

Go Rockies vs. Indians, giving the Tribe its first title in almost half a century.

Kidhuman
10-09-2007, 12:07 AM
Going to Game 4 in the Bronx tonight....nice win last night by the Bombers.

Freakin Jinx

2-1B
10-09-2007, 01:10 AM
I'm rooting for the Red Sox or Cleveland...I don't like these Rockies and D-backs, I'm kinda like a hockey fan in that regard. lol lol lol

Tycho
10-09-2007, 03:47 AM
It'll probably be Boston. I'm not a fan. I'm just saying...

jjreason
10-09-2007, 05:20 AM
It's the 2nd most wonderful time of the year!

Seriously though - if this is the end for Joe Torre... he was masterful. I hope Donny Ballgame carries on with that much class.

TeeEye7
10-09-2007, 02:25 PM
Go Rockies vs. Indians, giving the Tribe its first title in almost half a century.

I agree with BCJ: I think Cleveland will take it all.

Tycho
10-29-2007, 12:42 AM
but Boston is going all the way I think. You heard that first right here

Yup, I told you so way back when.

2-1B
10-29-2007, 12:47 AM
Can somebody please tell me WTF ManRam thinks he is with that s*** on his helmet and WTF it is supposed to achieve ?

I can't believe the league allows that, it's disgusting and incredibly unprofessional looking. Bud Selig is a bigger tool than previously established.

DarthBrandon
10-30-2007, 07:01 PM
Yup, I told you so way back when.

Yeah, reminds me of some of the people at work, when Boston was down 3-1 to Cleveland I said they would come back & win it. Nobody believed me. When they asked who would win the World Series, Boston or Colorado. I told them if Boston wins the first two games it's going to be a sweep, so 4 straight was the call. I was told that I was crazy, who's crazy now? (people at work, non believers):):D

2-1B
10-30-2007, 07:13 PM
Can somebody please tell me WTF ManRam thinks he is with that s*** on his helmet and WTF it is supposed to achieve ?

I can't believe the league allows that, it's disgusting and incredibly unprofessional looking. Bud Selig is a bigger tool than previously established.

I mean really, how can they let them do the whole pine tar on the helmet thing like that ? :confused:

They should have uniform standards in this league. What a joke.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-30-2007, 07:46 PM
I mean really, how can they let them do the whole pine tar on the helmet thing like that ? :confused:

They should have uniform standards in this league. What a joke.

The poser's just copying Jay Buhner.

jjreason
10-30-2007, 08:56 PM
Buhner could mash like crazy. So could Rob Deer - although his uniform faux pas was always the half unbuttoned jersey. :)

Congrats to the Red Sox - but that's it for Sox Support from me.... twice in four years is enough.

CaptainSolo1138
10-30-2007, 10:32 PM
Let's see: Detroit gets rid of Sean Casey (a good guy, but a really bad hitter), moves Carlos Guillen to 1st and plugs the hole left at SS with Edgar Renteria? How does that qualify as anything but out-freakin'-standing?:)

Tycho
10-31-2007, 12:47 AM
Well, it was Boston and that was it.

Could they have beaten the Padres if San Diego had made it instead? I hate to say it, but probably. I didn't watch a lot of AL this season, but I know Cleveland, New York at some points, Los Angeles - there were some teams that posed a little challenge. But I just knew (and posted over a month ago - see link above) that it'd be Boston.

We had a lot of action down here in the Southwest NL. Up until the WS, Colorado put up a very seriously strong fight for their title of NL champs, but is a late blooming really proof they were better than San Diego, or Arizona for that matter? I would have loved to see a longer round of elimination games just amongst those 3.

figrin bran
10-31-2007, 01:51 AM
Are you kidding Tycho? SD has no hitters in the lineup to fear while the Rockies are full of great hitters.

JimJamBonds
11-13-2007, 11:37 PM
Ryan Braun NL Rookie of the Year! Hopefully an MVP for Prince Fielder will be announced in a day or two.

DarthQuack
11-14-2007, 11:45 PM
Looking more like A-Rod is coming back to the Yankees....hopefully ditching that jerk Boras, since the Yanks brass wanted no part of him in the dealing.

DarthQuack
11-15-2007, 07:38 PM
Barry Bonds indicted.....awesome :)

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3112799

And A-Rod will be a Yankee til he dies.

Kidhuman
11-15-2007, 07:50 PM
Glad about both the news. A-Rod has a huge bonus incentive if he breaks Bonds* record as well.

CaptainSolo1138
11-16-2007, 08:37 AM
And A-Rod will be a Yankee til he dies.He's gonna die of a heart attack in his early 40s?

I could really care less about the whole A-Rod spectacle, but I do like the portion of his contract that calls for revenue sharing for bringing people into parks if and when he gets into a chase for Bonds* "record".

Lord Malakite
11-16-2007, 03:24 PM
I have some bad news to report about a famous celebrity in my neck of the woods, the Cincinnati area. The "Ol' Lefthander" Joe Nuxhall at age 79 passed away late last night/early this morning in the hospital after a bout with pneumonia. He was supposed to get a pacemaker today before the pneumonia thing came up and had been battling lymphoma due to heavy smoking from earlier in his life. Joe is probably known best in recent years for being a Cincinnati Reds announcer from 1967 to 2004 along side Marty Brennaman (who was also along side him in various Kroger ads in the late 80's and early 90's), but Joe also made MLB history in 1944 by becoming the youngest player in the history of the game when he became a Cincinnati Reds pitcher at the age of 15. "The Ol' Lefthander" is "rounding third and heading for home" and he will be missed.

CaptainSolo1138
12-05-2007, 08:24 AM
Holy freakin' crap! Dontrelle Willis and Miguel Cabrera for Andrew Miller, Mike Rabelo, Cameron Maybin and three prospect pitchers. (http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20071205&content_id=2318127&vkey=news_det&fext=.jsp&c_id=det) How do you pitch to Detroit now?! There is not a weak spot in their line-up now.

Also, Santana and the Twins say that its either the Sawx or he stays with the Twins. Sorry, KH.

Kidhuman
12-05-2007, 08:57 PM
I dont care about Santana. With what the Twins want I wouldnt give it up either. The Sawx arent going to give up the players either, the Twinkies keep raising the asking price for him.

I dont think that was a good move by the Tigers. Willis isnt the pitcher he used to be and the Tigers gave up way too much for Cabrera. Its not a hitters park he will be in, his numbers might decline.

DarthQuack
12-05-2007, 09:00 PM
I gotta admit....Detroit's 345 will be kind of nice....Magglio, Shef, and Migy? Damn. Also some solid pitching could again possibly bring the wild card to the central division this year.

2-1B
12-05-2007, 09:00 PM
Marlins are going all the way next year.

jjreason
12-05-2007, 10:15 PM
Maybe next decade, Caes, if they all pan out.

I like the move for Detroit. Standing pat wasn't going to get it done - not with everyone in the Central good and/or getting better. We're top 3 now in the AL now for sure, at least on paper.

KH - Dontrelle Willis is only 25 years old. He'll be back this year, the rest of that rotation will keep him working hard - and that same park you're saying will hurt Cabrera (which it could) will only help Dontrelle. :thumbsup: