PDA

View Full Version : Major League Baseball MMVII(merged)

Pages : [1] 2

JimJamBonds
12-25-2006, 12:53 AM
Lets start talking about the 2007 major league season! I know the NFL is heating up and the playoffs are a couple of weeks away but dangit I got a wonderfull bit of news today, the Milwaukee Brewers signed Jeff Suppan to a four year deal (club option for a fifth). Although I reside in the heart of Packer country I love the Brew Crew first and formost!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061225/ap_on_sp_ba_ne/bbn_brewers_suppan

Anybody else getting excited for spring training!?!?!?!?!?!?

Kidhuman
12-25-2006, 09:09 AM
Spring training only about 6 weeks away. I am glad the Brewers signed Suppan and not the Mets.

Yankees signing the japanese pitcher and Pettitte helps out alot. The line up is solid as it was last year. Wang needed some back up in the rotation as Moose and Johnson are showing their age. Lets build up the pen now and we can get further in the playoffs.

What do you think of Boston spending over 100 mill on basically an unknown pitcher?

2-1B
12-25-2006, 10:12 AM
I liked the first Major League but all the sequels have sucked...I'm passing on this one.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-25-2006, 11:50 AM
Let me be the first one to state that the Pittsburgh Pirates are going to finish.

The season.

In.

Pittsburgh.

(or wherever their last game is played)

Sincerely,
Out-On-A-Limb Bel-Cam

JetsAndHeels
12-25-2006, 12:16 PM
Mets baby.
Get ir done in 07.

JimJamBonds
12-26-2006, 12:35 AM
What do you think of Boston spending over 100 mill on basically an unknown pitcher?

I think a healthy part of that was so the Skankeys wouldn't sign him.

I just read that there is talk of trading Johnson, I don't know what you'd get for him.... OR who would want him.

CaptainSolo1138
12-31-2006, 11:43 AM
I liked the first Major League but all the sequels have sucked...I'm passing on this one.
Aw, c'mon! Two was pretty good. Not as good as the first, but any movie with the line, "Women: you can't live with them, and they can't pee standing up" is good in my book.

Here's my prediction right now so I can quote it by mid-July: The Tigers will be every trendy pick for AL and/or World Series champs until the middle of June or the beginning of July when they are still sub-.500.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-01-2007, 12:15 AM
I predict no team will go undefeated, and no team will go winless.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-01-2007, 02:28 PM
I predict no team will go undefeated, and no team will go winless.And I predict that there will be at least two extra-innings games, a manager of a National East Central team will be thrown out of a home game, a batter will be hit intentionally by a pitcher which will result in a mound charging, and a singer will goof up either the National Anthem or Take Me Out to the Ballgame.

JimJamBonds
01-02-2007, 12:37 AM
And I predict ...a manager of a National East Central team will be thrown out of a home game,

I'm not familar with the teams that play in the NL East Central division could you enlighten me please?

Mad Slanted Powers
01-02-2007, 12:55 AM
I'm not familar with the teams that play in the NL East Central division could you enlighten me please?

I think he is just hedging his bet and picking both divisions.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-02-2007, 12:19 PM
I'm not familar with the teams that play in the NL East Central division could you enlighten me please?Let's see... there's the AL East Milwaukee Brewers, the Chicago Black and White Sox, the St. Louis Brown Rams, the Cincinnati Red Sox, the Houston Comet Rocket Texan Oiler 45s, and some other collection of 25 individuals that should be named later (often in trading deadline deals :cry: ).

See? Not so tough at all.

JimJamBonds
04-01-2007, 10:26 PM
I searched and searched and couldn't find a thread for the new season, so I started my own. If there is another one I missed, please feel free to let me know/merge/delete, whatever. :crazed:

cough *http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=33751* cough

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-01-2007, 11:11 PM
Frankly, I'm really uber excited for this season. The Cubs made some decent transactions in the off season, but have been plagued by the usual BS. Still, as a Cubs fan on the eve of their first game, I'm planning my trip to the Windy City for their World Series Parade. :lipsrsealed:

And watching the Mets spank the Cards right now, i'm remember how much I HATE Joe Morgan's voice and "Commentary." And I can't help but wonder: is LaRussa sober in the dugout?!!? :thumbsup:

welcome to 07 kids!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-01-2007, 11:11 PM
cough *http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=33751* cough

gracias; didn't see it! I'll have them merged. thanks!:thumbsup:

Mad Slanted Powers
04-01-2007, 11:33 PM
Not sure what to expect out of the Mariners this year. They made some good acquisitions, but no obvious impact players. I do think that the talent is there, so if they play to their potential it will be a good season. Jose Guillen, Jose Vidro, Miguel Batista, Horacio Ramirez and Jeff Weaver are the key new additions.

CaptainSolo1138
04-02-2007, 07:36 AM
I remember how much I HATE Joe Morgan's voice and "Commentary." And I can't help but wonder: is LaRussa sober in the dugout?!!? :thumbsup:

Have you ever read what I believe is the greatest and best sports blog in the world (firejoemorgan.blogspot.com), not to mention the most aptly named?

Here's my prediction right now so I can quote it by mid-July: The Tigers will be every trendy pick for AL and/or World Series champs until the middle of June or the beginning of July when they are still sub-.500.I've been right up until this point. Everyone of the retards on ESPN (John Kruk, Tim Kurkjian, et. al.) have nominated the Tigers as God without so much as batting an eyelash at the Twins. One of those rejects even went so far as to name Jeremy Bonderman the AL Cy Young winner NO MORE than thirty seconds after saying the that the Tigers, outside of Pudge and Sheffield, have no players that stand out in a crowd. No, hold the F on. Did you not just name three of them?!?!

I'm not hating on the Tigers. I would love nothing more than to see them repeat as at least AL champs. I just hate the fact that they went ignored for the first half of 2006 and now they might as well have the power to cast plagues.

kool-aid killer
04-02-2007, 02:21 PM
Go Kansas City Royals! I dont think theyve made enough moves to be a playoff team, but im hoping for a more competitive team that can break .500 this season. Real eager to see how Alex Gordon does this year in his first season in the big leagues.

CaptainSolo1138
04-02-2007, 02:50 PM
Go Kansas City Royals! I dont think theyve made enough moves to be a playoff team, but im hoping for a more competitive team that can break .500 this season. Real eager to see how Alex Gordon does this year in his first season in the big leagues.The Royals don't have a bad team at all, especially when compared to the others at the bottom of the MLB barrel. What keeps them below the .500 mark is playing in such a relatively strong division. When ~20% of your games are against Minnesota, Detroit or Chicago (who shouldn't be as much of an issue this year), any rebuilding team would struggle to break even. Their year is coming

pbarnard
04-02-2007, 03:11 PM
The NFL and the suits who pay for the network contracts that force the NBA down our throats have allowed this game to still exist?

When will it fold? Definitely not trying to reach the fans with the Direct TV deal.

Wake me if the Nationals break the record for losses, Wrigley Field assaults more fans, and the myopia that is Peter Gammons says the Boston Red Sox are the best thing since one can no longer sacrifice cows in religous ceremonies.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-02-2007, 04:42 PM
well, the Cubs are well on their way to losing. Z just wasn't looking sharp today and the whole 2-home run fest by Dunn didn't help at all. Bummer.

I am anxious to see Dice K pitch here soon. Anybody know when he's supposed to start for Boston? Gotta love a pitcher who has 5 hitless innings and is disappointed in himself. :thumbsup:

CaptainSolo1138
04-02-2007, 04:46 PM
I am anxious to see Dice K pitch here soon. Anybody know when he's supposed to start for Boston? Gotta love a pitcher who has 5 hitless innings and is disappointed in himself. :thumbsup:According to Yahoo!, his first start will be this Thursday, April 5th.

Kidhuman
04-02-2007, 06:24 PM
His first Big League thrashing you mean. :D

jjreason
04-02-2007, 06:50 PM
He may get lit up in the beginning, but this kid is the real deal - mark my words.

Too bad the Tigers couldn't score against the pitiful Jays bullpen today - I hate losing, but losing to Toronto is salt in the wound. :upset:

2-1B
04-02-2007, 08:42 PM
I bought a $5 Washington Nationals cap yesterday.

Kidhuman
04-02-2007, 10:08 PM
A-Rod MVP alreaady. What a good win today.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-02-2007, 10:50 PM
If Felix Hernandez pitches like this all season, the Mariners should be in good shape. Eight shutout innings, 12 K, 3 hits and two BB. The bats will have to do a bit better though. Not much other than Sexon's 3-run homer. A couple errors helped as well.

The Mariners could have been contenders last year if not for going 2-17 against the A's. A victory against them is a good way to start the season.

CaptainSolo1138
04-02-2007, 11:18 PM
He may get lit up in the beginning, but this kid is the real deal - mark my words. Sorry, jj, but I'm gonna go with KH. I would love to see him prove me wrong, but there's no way anyone can live up to the hype that's surrounded hom for the past six months.

Too bad the Tigers couldn't score against the pitiful Jays bullpen today - I hate losing, but losing to Toronto is salt in the wound. :upset:With tomorrow off, I'm kinda puzzled as to why Leyland didn't leave Zoom or Jonsey in longer.

JimJamBonds
04-03-2007, 12:10 AM
The Brewers won 7-1 over the Dodgers on a complete game 2 hitter by Ben Sheets. HOPEFULLY this is a sign of things to come for this season and Sheets stays healty the entire season which hasn't happened since......... I don't know when.

jjreason
04-03-2007, 06:33 PM
Dice-K: the hype, and the MONEY for cryin' out loud. Most fans likely think there's no way he could possibly be worth that much scratch, but the 5 spotless innings he threw a couple of weeks ago (you remember, the 5 perfect innings he thought weren't very good???? :eek: ) sold me on him.

Tigers pen: well, he got them an outing and they both performed alright. No sense in letting either of them work past where they're comfortable when the games are this meaningless. With the spring Zumaya was having, I'm just relieved he got in the game and did fairly well.

I think we'll be okay, but the loss of Kenny is really stressing me out - he was the "lock" last year - even when things were going completely sideways at the end, you could ALWAYS count on Kenny to stop the bleeding with a big outting. I hope he gets better sooner than they're saying. :(

Mad Slanted Powers
04-03-2007, 08:24 PM
I think we'll be okay, but the loss of Kenny is really stressing me out - he was the "lock" last year - even when things were going completely sideways at the end, you could ALWAYS count on Kenny to stop the bleeding with a big outting. I hope he gets better sooner than they're saying. :(I drafted him in my fantasy league, only to find him on the DL as well as Chien-Ming Wang. I had no extra pitchers, so I picked up Washburn and Moyer, a Mariner and an ex-Mariner. Wang might be back at the end of the month.

Kidhuman
04-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Dice-K: the hype, and the MONEY for cryin' out loud. Most fans likely think there's no way he could possibly be worth that much scratch, but the 5 spotless innings he threw a couple of weeks ago (you remember, the 5 perfect innings he thought weren't very good???? :eek: ) sold me on him.

The guys fastball tops out at 93 MPH so far and has been spotted at 95. Toss that up to a power hungry lineup like the Yanks, Jays, White Sox, Indians and Tigers and see where that sh*t lands. DiceK will have whiplash like a hooker on dollar days.

seanmcfripp
04-04-2007, 10:53 AM
I bought a $5 Washington Nationals cap yesterday.

And I'm sure you sleep better at night knowing your little purchase will help get us some starting pitching next year. Now that you've gotten your feet wet with the cheap hat, you can move on to one of the New Era 5950s. Of course you'll need a home red and an away blue. Heck, throw in the interlocking DC logo'd one too, and you'll be all set. Make sure to wear them in the shower so they mold to your head.

This is great Caesar, I had no idea you were such a Nats fan.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-07-2007, 10:43 AM
Dang it! There went the Pirates' 162-0 season. Eh, what're ya gonna do?

What are the thoughts on the #42 wearing later this season? Should it be like the Dodgers, where all players change to Jackie Robinson's number, or one player per team? Personally, I think it should be any 2nd baseman, or leadoff hitter. Or, wear their own number, but the PA announcer could say, "now batting, #42, Player Name."

CaptainSolo1138
04-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Did anyone else happen to listen to/see "Mike and Mike" yesterday (Friday) morning? Greenberg made a great point and TOTALLY had it reinforced last night. Why the hell are teams like Detroit, Cleveland and the Yanks playing teams from (relatively) warm weather spots or at least have domes playing in Detroit, Cleveland and New York?! Why aren't these games being scheduled in Toronto (dome), Seattle (average high for April is 54*F) or Tampa Bay (Thursday night in NY: Snow. Thursday night in Florida: mid-70's).

I'm sure scheduling 162 games for 30 teams is no small task, but c'mon.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Yes, snowed out in Cleveland. Football doesn't let a little snow bother them. I ran a state cross country meet in the snow, and would have done pretty well if I hadn't got that sideache. Our high school track/cross country coach wrote a few verses for us to sing like those military cadences. It began with:

I don't know but I've been told
Baseball players don't like the cold
Tracksters train in snow and sleet
That's why they're so darn hard to beat

Then there was a line for each type of track person - sprinter, distance runner, jumper, thrower.

JetsAndHeels
04-07-2007, 12:33 PM
Mets are 4-0 so far.

Makes me happy. :)

And hey KH,

Reyes>Jeter (just bustin chops but so far this season its true :) )

Bel-Cam Jos
04-08-2007, 10:15 AM
Dang it! There went the Pirates' 161-1 season. Eh, what're ya gonna do?
I sense a very annoying trend developing... :rolleyes:
As for whether the weather should determine scheduling, we can't control the elements (except those synthetic ones created in laboratories :p ). But I do feel bad when things like Byrd's one-strike-away shortened no-hitter/Martinez-going-on-the-DL-due-to-a-cold-related-injury in Cleveland. It's no fair to only put games in Minnesota, Arizona, Toronto, Tampa Bay, Milwaukee, Seattle, et al for their domes, or warm weather cities.

CaptainSolo1138
04-11-2007, 07:40 AM
How long before A-Rod goes on a 1-4 "slump" and loses his new found "true Yankee" status?:rolleyes:

As much as I dislike the guy (mostly because he's prettier than me), I'm happy that he's starting the season off so well. Everyone was quick to get on the "F A-Rod" train during the off season and now its funny to watch them scramble onto the "Well, we knew it was just a matter of time..." train. Congrats to KH for going out on a limb and drafting him in the fantasy league!:p

On an unrelated fantasy note: jj will be happy to know that I just picked up Placido Polanco.:thumbsup:

Kidhuman
04-11-2007, 08:19 AM
Limb, schmimb, I will always draft a great power hitting 3B first because there arent many around. Name me 5 good ones. Its unlike 1B where there area ton of them.

CaptainSolo1138
04-11-2007, 08:25 AM
Name me 5 good ones.
1) Miguel Cabrera
2) David Wright
3) Aramis Ramirez
4) Eric Chavez
5) Troy Glaus

While none are even in the same league as A-Rod, I just wanted to take you up on your challenge. :)

Kidhuman
04-11-2007, 09:50 AM
When compared to 1B those players dont add up sans Cabrera.

Wright - unproven so far, hasnt shown he can keep it up season after season
Ramirez - Good power, would take him
Chavez - meh, nothing special
Glaus - injury prone and doesnt hit for avg. as well.

CaptainSolo1138
04-11-2007, 10:01 AM
When compared to 1B those players dont add up sans Cabrera.I wasn't trying to compare them to 1B, I was just naming five quality 3B.

Wright - unproven so far, hasnt shown he can keep it up season after seasonTotally agree. I tend to put him and Ryan Howard into the same category of "You had a good year, but you've yet to impress me".

Ramirez - Good power, would take himBest overall third baseman in the league, IMO.

Chavez - meh, nothing specialNo, but if he's healthy he gets nasty.

Glaus - injury prone and doesnt hit for avg. as well.I agree, but see above.

Who should be on this list is Brandon Inge. If you look at what he did last year, Detroit would've been screwed without him. I can't justify his addition, though, considering he's started the year 0-20 and didn't start last night. You know your having a bad start when Neifi Perez takes your place on the field.

jjreason
04-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Inge is awesome, and he's not even a natural 3rd baseman. The potential on this kid is amazing.... but he's got to cut back on those home run hacks in order to bump the avg up about 10 points. God bless the hustle, though....

Don't worry about last night, Cappy - your boy Nate looked like Cy Young. :pleased:

Miguel Cabrera is the class of the 3rd baggers these days... but A-Rod looks to be out to prove me wrong. LOTTA dingers already, lotta dingers. :damnyankees:

Mad Slanted Powers
04-11-2007, 10:09 PM
Looks like Matsuzaka had a good game, only Felix Hernandez had an even better one. A one-hit shutout with no hits allowed until the 8th inning. Two starts this year, two complete game shutouts. Good news for the Mariners and my fantasy team.

CaptainSolo1138
04-11-2007, 11:30 PM
Inge is awesome, and he's not even a natural 3rd baseman. The potential on this kid is amazing.... That's what's awesome: He's in the middle of the road as far s 3rd basemen go, but if he were still catching he'd be near the top of the list in terms of stats!

but he's got to cut back on those home run hacks in order to bump the avg up about 10 points.Whatever seminar he attends for that, he should take Curtis GRANDerson with him.

God bless the hustle, though....I'm glad you didn't make a comparison to David "Gritty" Eckstein. I might have killed you. :p

Don't worry about last night, Cappy - your boy Nate looked like Cy Young. :pleased:Didn't he though?! Nate was totally on point. That was certainly a good start to have on your second time in the rotation.

On a side note, Nate needs to cut his damn hair. I know the floppy surfer chic is all the rage, but it just ain't cool with red hair, man.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Looks like Matsuzaka had a good game, only Felix Hernandez had an even better one. A one-hit shutout with no hits allowed until the 8th inning. Two starts this year, two complete game shutouts. Good news for the Mariners and my fantasy team.

He did look very sharp, just gave up some hits. And plus, where the HELL was the Boston offense?!!?!? That really irked me. Support the kid and give him a W on his first home game in Boston!

I was really excited about this game as well. Just had a spark of greatness and excitement to it. oh, so happy baseball is back. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
04-12-2007, 07:08 AM
DiceK did not impress me. For all the hype, he didnt do much. He pitched good, Felix was 20 times better IMO. Maybe he had an off night, but if he keeps pitching like that, I dont see anything special.

2-1B
04-12-2007, 07:09 PM
Fripper, what's up with our Nats ? :cry:

I already got my rally cap on. :bored:

JimJamBonds
04-15-2007, 11:03 PM
DiceK did not impress me. For all the hype, he didnt do much. He pitched good, Felix was 20 times better IMO. Maybe he had an off night, but if he keeps pitching like that, I dont see anything special.

Wow here's a shocker a Skankies fan ripping on a Red Suck's player.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-15-2007, 11:15 PM
Looks like Matsuzaka had a good game, only Felix Hernandez had an even better one. A one-hit shutout with no hits allowed until the 8th inning. Two starts this year, two complete game shutouts. Good news for the Mariners and my fantasy team.I must correct myself. Felix only pitched 8 innings in his first outing.

Nice that they actually got to play some ball now that they are back home. They only got to play two out of seven on the road trip.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-18-2007, 08:02 PM
Just to let eve:Pirate:yone know, Pittsbu:Pirate:gh is leading the majo:Pirate:s in :Pirate:oad wins (6), and is the only MLB team winless at home. Nice. Arr. :Pirate:

JimJamBonds
04-19-2007, 12:36 AM
Arghhhhhhhhhh the Pirates still lost to the Brewers tonight!

Kidhuman
04-19-2007, 01:03 AM
Burhle tosses the NO-NO, A-Rod is on fire still. Great day for Baseball.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-19-2007, 02:03 AM
Burhle tosses the NO-NO, A-Rod is on fire still. Great day for Baseball.
But alas, Felix Hernandez had to leave the game in the first inning. Hopefully it isn't serious.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-29-2007, 10:12 AM
Let's hear it for the powerful NL Central! Pi:Pirate:ates are in second... at 11-11. War making the playoffs as a division winner at 82-80.

DarthQuack
04-29-2007, 01:21 PM
Josh Hancock passed away this morning after a car accident....:( Cubs vs Cards has been postponed....

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2853149

jjreason
05-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Very sad, and it seems like the Brewers don't have the heart to go in the tank for them (Cards), either. The Legacy of Tigers and Padres past (Tony Gwynn jr and Prince Fielder) is strong there right now!!!

JimJam, you must be very proud.

jjreason
05-07-2007, 09:54 AM
The Tigers have been laying waste to teams over the past week or so - too bad it's all been against Baltimore and Kansas (who, sadly, look like a defeated bunch already... and seem to have given themselves over to being pounded for the rest of the year).

Kidhuman
05-07-2007, 10:14 PM
Cant believe I forgot to post this, but Mr. Clemens is a Yankee once again.

jjreason
05-08-2007, 10:01 PM
Is there any chance he's worth that much money, KH? Honestly, for that much money over one season, couldn't they have gotten someone better? Steinbrenner almost looks as though he's desperately grasping at straws from the past to try and light a fire under a crew that's shown nothing but indifference so far (except for A-Rod, of course).

Kidhuman
05-09-2007, 07:12 AM
I dont think he is worth the money. Part of it was to keep him from going to Boston. HE will ge tthe wins, he is a 5-6 inning pitcher. What I like is the knowledge he will pass on to Hughes, Rasner, Karstens and the other young pitchers we have. Also by bringing him in, it pushes the good young pitchers to the bullpens(Karstens, Rasner) to give the others some rest. With a rotation of:

Wang
Pettitte
Moose
Clemens
and Hughes

the Yankees look good to go. No question the O can carry themselves, he does alot for the rotation. 5 games behind Boston in May is nothing to make up considering we play them 14 more times.

seanmcfripp
05-11-2007, 01:42 PM
Fripper, what's up with our Nats ? :cry:

I already got my rally cap on. :bored:

You changed your av, that's part of it. Second, Joe Perry isn't wearing a Nats hat. Third, seeing as how you're in the right neck of the woords, you could have taken a crowbar to the amrs of Capuano, Bush, and Vargas and things would have looked a lot better last series. You're the poorest excuse for a Nats fan I've ever met.

Ya know, we could just be front runners and follow the Brew Crew. Did Supan really improve their starting rotation that much? Why the heck are they so good this year?

Go Nats. (no exclamation point) :sad:

Mad Slanted Powers
05-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Maybe they should change their name to the Gnats.

jjreason
05-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Go Nats is just SO close to gonads, I can't hold off bringing it up for another second.

Not sure what's up with the Brew Crew, but it's been a LONG time since they were great that it's fine with me. How can you not root for beer???

Kidhuman
05-11-2007, 08:58 PM
I am happy for the Brewers. Its been a reall long time JJ, since the Yount and Moiltor days. I am glad they are kicking the Cubbies and the NL Central butts this year.

JetsAndHeels
05-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Speaking of the Brewers, their 6 game winning streak was snapped earlier tonight.

By who you may ask?

Oh that's right, the NY METS.

CaptainSolo1138
05-15-2007, 09:34 AM
Mostly for the benefit of jj, I thought I'd post a screen cap of my fantasy roster.:pleased:

JimJamBonds
06-02-2007, 10:54 AM
I don't know where this thread has all gone but suck on it suckers the Brewers are (still) in first place. Prince Fielder bobblehead? You will be mine tomorrow!!!!!!!

DarthQuack
06-02-2007, 10:58 AM
Nice win for the Yankees last night....ugly but nice. I feel bad for the Cubs, can anything else go wrong for them? Freaking Zambrano sucks this year and he's giving his catcher a couple black eyes and a busted lip...niiiiiice job.

JimJamBonds
06-02-2007, 11:13 AM
I feel bad for the Cubs, can anything else go wrong for them? Freaking Zambrano sucks this year and he's giving his catcher a couple black eyes and a busted lip...niiiiiice job.

Ehh I'm just fine with how the Cubs season is going. :thumbsup:

Mad Slanted Powers
06-02-2007, 12:40 PM
For Seattle, Felix Hernandez was out a while, and hasn't returned to the unstoppable form he had in his first two outings. Jeff Weaver tanked big time. The rest of the starting rotation has been inconsistent. The offense hasn't put up big numbers. The bullpen seems to be doing pretty well though, and Ichiro is on a hot streak, hitting in 25 straight games. So somehow they have managed to get slightly over .500 and keep the Angels within striking distance.

jjreason
06-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Mostly for the benefit of jj, I thought I'd post a screen cap of my fantasy roster.:pleased:

Good stuff, Cappy. Hopefully the club can get this skid turned around... Cleveland is the wrong team to be getting swept by (again). :sad:

pbarnard
06-02-2007, 10:12 PM
Wait, didn't this Cubs dugout/clubhouse fight happen already in the movie Major League and with any team with Reggie Jackson on the roster?

CaptainSolo1138
06-02-2007, 11:16 PM
Good stuff, Cappy. Hopefully the club can get this skid turned around... Cleveland is the wrong team to be getting swept by (again). :sad:It was good to see them walk out of the Jake with one tonight. I wanted to be sick last night when they gave up 5 in the bottom of the ninth.:cry:

Detroit's FSN announcers made a fun point tonight, stating that if you'd've told them in April that they'd be using Bobby Seay and Zach Miner to close a game they'd think that the team would be 20 games out of first place.

Once the second half of the season rolls around and guys like Rogers and Zumaya are back and guys like Guillen, Rodney and Inge are at 100%, the Tigers will make up any ground the Indians have on them.

BTW, Rocketboy and I are going to see the Tigers on July 27th!

jjreason
06-03-2007, 06:15 PM
July 27th? Maybe I'll see if there's any chance of me getting a ticket! :lipsrsealed:

Bel-Cam Jos
06-03-2007, 10:46 PM
Dang it, Pirates! Hold a lead, please? PLEEEEEAAASE?!? :sad: And we're in second (unless we fell out today), so we can sneak in, upset a few division winners, and get to the Series so- BBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!

[Bel-Cam tazer-ed and hauled away to Crazy Looney Barn :eek: ]

CaptainSolo1138
06-04-2007, 07:27 AM
July 27th? Maybe I'll see if there's any chance of me getting a ticket! :lipsrsealed:As it turns out, we now have an extra ticket (my brother-in-law can't go for whatever reason). You're more than welcome to make the trip.:D

jjreason
06-05-2007, 05:16 PM
Hmmmm.... it's in California???? Dang it, I think I have to pass. :(

We could conceivably plan for a game at Comerica some other time this summer though..... :lipsrsealed:

Kidhuman
06-05-2007, 10:56 PM
Dont know if everyone has seen this or not, but this is the clip of Phil Wellman, Braves minor league manager getting tossed on going ballistic. The best is when he tosses the rosin bag like a grenade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGZUKHtW7vg

CaptainSolo1138
06-06-2007, 07:41 AM
Hmmmm.... it's in California???? Dang it, I think I have to pass. :(The good news: It is at Comerica:). The bad news: I already sold the ticket:(.

CaptainSolo1138
06-07-2007, 08:43 AM
Double post. Bite me, Grimlock.

I thought this was hilarious and decided to share it:

Kidhuman
06-07-2007, 10:18 PM
Thats damn funny.

CaptainSolo1138
06-13-2007, 07:49 AM
Congrats to Justin Verlander on his first career no-no and the first for the Tigers since 1984. The quote of the night came from Pudge Rodriguez:

"He pitched a no-hitter, but I feel like I caught a no-hitter"

Way to really make a stretch there, champ.:p

Shouldn't I win every fantasy pitching category by default now for starting him last night?:D

Kidhuman
06-13-2007, 08:02 AM
Yankees win 7 straight. Good stuff, they are on a roll.

JimJamBonds
06-16-2007, 01:20 PM
Congrats to Justin Verlander on his first career no-no...

And congrats to the Tigers for losing the next 2 games to the Brewers.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-17-2007, 11:11 AM
Shouldn't I win every fantasy pitching category by default now for starting him last night?:DI had a friend who had David Wells in a league when he threw his perfect game. What'd he get credit for? The win, number of innings pitched, strikeouts, earned run average. Wow. :rolleyes:

Bel-Cam Jos
06-19-2007, 01:39 PM
BTW, I'm trying to see who gets to 3000 first: Craig Biggio with base hits, or me with SSG posts (bets are on the player right now).

Bel-Cam Jos
06-25-2007, 11:18 AM
BTW, I'm trying to see who gets to 3000 first: Craig Biggio with base hits, or me with SSG posts (bets are on the player right now).Guess I made it first (this being post #3000 for me), on the heels of the Buccos getting swept by the Angels. While I couldn't make it out to Anaheim (sorry on not being able to win the World Series, Angels :insidejoke: ), I will finally get to see PNC Park (Sun. 7/8 vs. the Cubbies) as I head back east for a week-and-a-half vacation. :Pirate:

Kidhuman
06-25-2007, 02:51 PM
Former relief pitcher Rod Beck passed away yesterday. Cause is unknown.

CaptainSolo1138
07-03-2007, 12:58 PM
This is pretty much directed at BCJ and I'm feeling too lazy to fire up the PM machine (its waaaaaaaay up in the corner):

What's the general consensus amongst Pirates fans in terms of the "Green Shirts" the other night? Is that kind of the overwhelming attitude toward Pirates baseball or is that just some extreme faction of "fans" who figured out a way to get on Sportscenter?

Bel-Cam Jos
07-03-2007, 04:37 PM
This is pretty much directed at BCJ and I'm feeling too lazy to fire up the PM machine (its waaaaaaaay up in the corner):

What's the general consensus amongst Pirates fans in terms of the "Green Shirts" the other night? Is that kind of the overwhelming attitude toward Pirates baseball or is that just some extreme faction of "fans" who figured out a way to get on Sportscenter?Are those the "walk out" fans? While I don't really have the ear of "general consensus" of Buccos fans (they're rarer than vinyl caped Jawas, it seems :D ), in my personal opinion, the problem isn't with not bringing in players (Pitt did fairly well at that last off season), it's with dumping guys at the trade deadline. If the team had a recent history of success, it migth have had more impact, but a decade and a half of losing (usually not even close :( ) takes the wind out of the sails. I'll listen when I see them play at PNC next week.

And I understand about the laziness of the buttons, CS1138, as I don't even have the energy to

Bel-Cam Jos
07-22-2007, 02:31 AM

What's the general consensus amongst Pirates fans in terms of the "Green Shirts" the other night? Is that kind of the overwhelming attitude toward Pirates baseball or is that just some extreme faction of "fans" who figured out a way to get on Sportscenter?Well, PNC Park is an awesome venue for baseball! Except for the 95 degree heat with no breeeze or clouds, it was great. Great seats: third base side middle of outfield. And get this, the PIRATES WON THE GAME! :eek: I used to have a jinx on myself that I never saw them win in person, but I went to see them July 8th, and until today, they hadn't won since. Buy me season tickets and airfare, Pittsburgh, and now you'll never lose! :D

As far as the "green shirts" were, I heard nothing about them, except a fan angry at not getting free agents, and when I told him it was worse that Pitt doesn't keep their own players, he said, yeah that's probably a bigger issue. But no protesters anymore that I saw.

CaptainSolo1138
07-22-2007, 09:27 AM
I made my first trip to Comerica Park Friday to see the Tigers and they freakin' lost 10-2 to the lowly, lowly Royals. To rub salt in the wounds, the VERY NEXT NIGHT they go to 10 innings and Brandon Inge hits a walk-off 2-run shot in the 10th.

Kidhuman
07-22-2007, 07:25 PM
You could have gone again today if you want to see them lose.

The Yankees opened up a can of Whoop-a$5 on the D-Rays the last 2 days.

CaptainSolo1138
07-23-2007, 07:50 AM
The Yankees opened up a can of Whoop-a$5 on the D-Rays the last 2 days.And in related news, the 10th graders beat the kindergärtners in dodge ball.

jjreason
07-27-2007, 07:20 PM
Tigers not having a good week here (lowlighted by the aforementioned drubbing by the Royals along with a collapse after leading 7-1 vs Chicago).

In related news, the Indians have acquired gamer Kenny Lofton for yet another stint. That certainly makes them better. Not good. :(

We need Zoom and Fernando Rodney back (and right)..... NOW.

DarthQuack
07-28-2007, 10:17 AM
Hoping the Cubbies keep playing well, Yanks kinda blew it last night almost in both games!

Bel-Cam Jos
08-01-2007, 04:47 PM
Here we go... the Pirates made the move of the trade deadline. Matt Morris will win his nine starts with the club, as they go 39-9 and win the Central Division. Take that, teams with winning records! :tired: :Pirate: Arr.

DarthQuack
08-02-2007, 02:41 PM
I just saw a crazy inning of baseball....8 runs for the White Sox in the top of the 2nd, followed by 8 runs by the Yankees in the bottom half of the inning....I'll probably never see anything like that again.

Kidhuman
08-02-2007, 02:50 PM
I was listening to it on the radio on the way home from work. Great inning of baseball.

2-1B
08-02-2007, 08:43 PM
The Brewers finally realized they are the Brewers.

They'll be okay though, because the Cubs are still the Cubs and they traditionally suck worse than The Crue.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Man, all those runs and the only player in the game on my fantasy team, Jim Thome, leaves the game with early with back spasms.

DarthQuack
08-02-2007, 11:03 PM
I'm very happy to see the Cubbies in first place....I hope they win it all damn it.

CaptainSolo1138
08-03-2007, 09:15 AM
I'm very happy to see the Cubbies in first place....I hope they win it all damn it.So do I, but only for the same reason I want A-Rod to hit #500 and Barroid to hit #755: I'm tired of hearing about it.

P.S. Cubs Nation: There's no such thing as curses. Your team just perennially sucks.

jjreason
08-03-2007, 02:56 PM
Exactly, Cappy. I wait up every night to see Bonds' first at bat then wake up and check the computer before I go to work to see if he's done it. Both him and A-Rod (and Tom Glavine - unless I missed something and he got win #300 over the past couple of days) need to shake these curses so we can all move on with our lives. Bloody hell.

And yes, I also want the Cubs to win (although it's still Senior Circuit boringball to me). :D

CaptainSolo1138
08-03-2007, 03:41 PM
(and Tom Glavine - unless I missed something and he got win #300 over the past couple of days)No, he's yet to get #300. I was gonna mention that as well in my post, but I typed "200" at first and made myself unsure about it and didn't feel like looking up the confirmation. :)

Kidhuman
08-03-2007, 03:59 PM
Glavine goes for #300 again on Saturday. Hopefully all three can hit those milestones on the same day. Glavine pitched well enough to get the win in his last start, they just played 14 innings at 2-2 before the Brew Crew won it.

DarthQuack
08-04-2007, 12:58 PM
Glavine goes for #300 again on Saturday. Hopefully all three can hit those milestones on the same day. Glavine pitched well enough to get the win in his last start, they just played 14 innings at 2-2 before the Brew Crew won it.

Actually Sunday nite KH, on ESPN at 8pm.....Jon Miller has the call.

Kidhuman
08-04-2007, 06:28 PM
Arod 500!!!!

Kidhuman
08-05-2007, 01:04 AM
Bonds absolutely crushed 755 tonight.

jjreason
08-06-2007, 04:39 PM
Yeah, finally some relief on the ol' MLB front. I was actually really happy for Tom Glavine. He, Smoltz (a Tigers product, might I add) and Maddux together are the reason the Braves were so good as long as they were - anyone else who suggest otherwise is out to lunch.

Nice to see A-Rod's reaction after the ball went out - he was obviously feeling the pressure. Good for him, I'm as happy as I can be for a Yankee.

Good for Bonds too, now just hit one more and I can go back to my regular sleeping patterns.

JetsAndHeels
08-08-2007, 12:09 AM
Bonds hit 756* finally.

Now maybe the sports shows can move on and start talking some football.

figrin bran
08-08-2007, 12:42 AM
Bonds hit 756* finally.

and just like that cows across the nation are mooing in honor of the most famous cattle/human hybrid in existence :p

BountyHunterScum
08-08-2007, 02:19 AM
Ah the wonders of Steroids.

CaptainSolo1138
08-08-2007, 07:39 AM
Bonds hit 756* finally.Are you sure? Sportscenter only devoted 55 minutes to him today. I figured they'd do the whole hour when he hit it.:p

In other news, the sporting world as a whole can go back to business as usual, knowing that their accomplishments will now be seen in shows spotlighting accomplishments in sports now.

jjreason
08-08-2007, 07:45 AM
Of course, I stay up to (almost) see the 2nd at bat - I fell asleep on the couch and woke up with him on first. I go up to bed, and half an hour later he knocks it out. :upset: Oh well, it's not like I won't see it for the rest of my life, I guess.

Makes me wonder if he'll hang 'em up after this season, or if he'll hang around for one more. Hank Aaron's still WAY ahead of Barry as far as career at bats goes, Barry could likely hit 830-840 if he stuck around that long.

Was it Bonds who failed to throw out Sid Bream at the plate in the 92 NLCS? I can still see him sitting there, dejected out in left filed after the Braves came back to win that game and he gone about 1-20 in the series.

JetsAndHeels
08-08-2007, 08:36 AM
Was it Bonds who failed to throw out Sid Bream at the plate in the 92 NLCS? I can still see him sitting there, dejected out in left filed after the Braves came back to win that game and he gone about 1-20 in the series.

Yes, it was him. Check out this clip:

NLCS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38mOexBigeI&mode=related&search=)

JimJamBonds
08-08-2007, 12:35 PM
A-Rod will break Bonds' record, if he stays healthy I can see Pujols doing the same.

JetsAndHeels
08-08-2007, 01:11 PM
I wish Ken Griffey Jr. would have stayed healthy. He was definately a contender for the HR title back in his prime. And definately a better person too.

JimJamBonds
08-08-2007, 01:43 PM
I wish Ken Griffey Jr. would have stayed healthy. He was definately a contender for the HR title back in his prime. And definately a better person too.

Griffey started to show his true colors when he went to Cincy where he began to whine and complain. Also he give me a "kiss my ash" sign while playing against the Brewers about 4 years ago.

I do agree though that he most likely would have broken the record himself.

Kidhuman
08-08-2007, 03:30 PM
A-Rod will break Bonds' record, if he stays healthy I can see Pujols doing the same.

Word, A-Rod, Albie, or even Miguel Cabrerra

Exactly. Jr would have broken it 2 years ago.

kool-aid killer
08-08-2007, 04:23 PM
Its too bad the guy had to resort to steroids, he was talented without them. He has the ability to come out and defend himself against these accusations, yet refuses to do it. That leads me to believe they are true. Eventually the truth will come out and when it does i hope he gets the Pete Rose treatment.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-08-2007, 05:45 PM
Any of you who mention or show the end to Game 7 of the '92 NLCS are cruel, evil persons! :evil: :cry:

I was reading Game of Shadows yesterday, and just finished it a couple innings before he hit the homer. Weird feeling, to be reading about a guy and seeing him on the screen at the same time.

DarthQuack
08-08-2007, 11:59 PM
Update.....scumbag hit 757 tonight. :upset:

BountyHunterScum
08-09-2007, 05:58 AM
Update.....scumbag hit 757 tonight. :upset:

He must have been double or triple juicing for that one.

DarthQuack
08-09-2007, 07:50 PM
Nice feel good story tonight.....Rick Ankiel is in the starting lineup for the Cards tonight....always felt bad for him....

Kidhuman
08-09-2007, 09:46 PM
I thought he died. Its been like 6 years since he sniffed the majors(and a backstop)

DarthQuack
08-09-2007, 09:53 PM
0-3 and 2k's so far tonight....not as promising...

EDIT: Sweet!! 3-run bomb in the 8th inning!!!

figrin bran
08-10-2007, 02:10 AM
I've always felt bad for Ankiel as well. Good to see him perservere through all those years in the minors.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-10-2007, 12:00 PM
I'd forgotten his switch in positions. Seemed to have quite some power in the minors. I say good luck to him, but that's gonna hurt the Pirates chances of fulfilling my dreams* of success.

* = dreams involve semi-impossible scenarios of playoff appearances. :cry:

figrin bran
08-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Rick Ankiel today: 3-4, 2 HR, 3 RBI's!!!

This guy is already more of a hero than the scumbag will ever be.

Kidhuman
08-12-2007, 12:00 AM
Yankees tied for the WC lead. 5 games out. We taking the division

JimJamBonds
08-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Brewers 1.5 games up on the Suckies thanks to the work of the 2007 NL Rookie of the Year: Mr. Ryan Braun.

CaptainSolo1138
08-13-2007, 07:33 AM
Rick Ankiel today: 3-4, 2 HR, 3 RBI's!!!

This guy is already more of a hero than the scumbag will ever be.This is the "feel good" story in MLB this year. Congrats, Rick!

Tigers reclaim the AL Central, thanks in large part to the Yank's hot hands. Maggs became the second Tiger to hit two dingers in the same inning yesterday, joining only Al Kaline as the only Tiger to do so.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-13-2007, 09:41 AM
Yankees tied for the WC lead. 5 games out. We taking the divisionAnd still tied with the Mariners.

DarthQuack
08-13-2007, 09:57 AM
Four games out, Red Sox bullpen is collapsing, thanks Eric Gagne.

CaptainSolo1138
08-13-2007, 10:01 AM
I'm so sick of the media visa vie the Yankees. When they were getting destroyed in the first half, it was all, "Thank God for A-Rod!". Now that they're winning and Rodriguez is hitting a "paltry" .255 (did I say paltry? I meant human) the "experts" are going back to their standby, "He's not a true Yankee! He doesn't bleed pinstripes! Where's Scott Brocious?!".

Kidhuman
08-13-2007, 03:44 PM
.255? He is at .300 for the season with 39 HR's and 110+ RBI. Can you say MVP?

Bel-Cam Jos
08-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Sigh... all this talk of potential post-season plans. Pittsburgh Pirates fans don't even remember when that was a possibility.

You all can thank us for former Pirate players helping other teams:
P J. Suppan
P J. Schmidt (okay, not helping now)
P O. Perez
P J. Fogg
C J. Kendall
1B S. Casey
3B A. Ramirez
OF B. Bonds
OF B. Giles
OF C. Guillen
OF R. Mackoviac [sp?]

Arr. :Pirate:

jjreason
08-13-2007, 07:27 PM
Well I'll be the first to say "Thanks, BCJ!" for one of your former players (Casey). He's been great for us. :thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
08-13-2007, 11:56 PM
I'm so sick of the media visa vie the Yankees. When they were getting destroyed in the first half, it was all, "Thank God for A-Rod!". Now that they're winning and Rodriguez is hitting a "paltry" .255 (did I say paltry? I meant human) the "experts" are going back to their standby, "He's not a true Yankee! He doesn't bleed pinstripes! Where's Scott Brocious?!".

That .255 will look great compared to what he does in the postseason. 3 for 29 over the last two years if I remember correctly.

Kidhuman
08-14-2007, 12:08 AM
Again, the whole team faultered last year in the playoffs. Dont single out one guy. Sheff, Matsui, Giambi, Cano, A-Rod, Damon, and Abreu, there is a playoff failure, no just A-Rod. One person doesnt do it. He had an off year, only hitting 36 hrs and 120 RBI, meh, go figure. That is MVP for most people and an off year to him. I would still take him over anyone else out there, Fat Albert, Ryan Howard, name them, I will still take A-Rod.

CaptainSolo1138
08-14-2007, 07:41 AM
Again, the whole team faultered last year in the playoffs. Dont single out one guy. Sheff, Matsui, Giambi, Cano, A-Rod, Damon, and Abreu, there is a playoff failure, no just A-Rod. One person doesnt do it. He had an off year, only hitting 36 hrs and 120 RBI, meh, go figure. That is MVP for most people and an off year to him. I would still take him over anyone else out there, Fat Albert, Ryan Howard, name them, I will still take A-Rod.
I agree. There is no way you can point just one finger at the Yankee's meltdown last year, nor can you point to one guy this year and say, "Yep. It's him."

As far as A-Rod batting .255, I failed to mention that that's only since the All Star break. You know, the same amount of time it's taken the Tigers to accumulate a team ERA in the high 5's, tying them for worst in the bigs with the DRays.

jjreason
08-16-2007, 10:18 PM
I can point one finger at the Yankees decline last year - and it would be straight at Kenny Rogers. :thumbsup:

EDITED: This just in - Tigers 8 - Yanks 5. No better way to finish off Dem Bums than a big strike out of Giambi with a runner on base. :love:

CaptainSolo1138
08-17-2007, 03:54 PM
Tigers send Craig Monroe (who's Mendoza Line scrapin' .222 is a far cry from last season) and Omar Infante packin' and call up Ramon Santiago from Toledo and their HUGE prospect Cameron Maybin from Double-A Erie.

And since Yahoo! doesn't have Maybin available yet, I'll be stuck with a hole in my outfield all weekend. Thanks a lot, Tigers, for asking me if it was OK or at least giving me a few days notice. Jeez...

:)

jjreason
08-17-2007, 07:53 PM
I really hope Maybin pans out, this kid's supposed to be the berries.

CaptainSolo1138
08-17-2007, 08:16 PM
I really hope Maybin pans out, this kid's supposed to be the berries.He hit four homers in the six AA games he played this year, so I'm really hoping he indeed pans out as well as anticipated.

I have mixed feelings about them getting rid of C-Mo, though. The guy was really playing terrible, but he was one of the so-called "Team of Destiny" last year and it kinda sucks to see any of them go.

CaptainSolo1138
08-18-2007, 08:55 PM
I really hope Maybin pans out, this kid's supposed to be the berries.
The youngster poked his first dinger today off the arm of the Rocket! It was all for naught, but spectacular nonetheless.

Kidhuman
08-18-2007, 09:57 PM
Abreu's homer get drifting towards the line. I was shocked ot see it go out, I thought it would have gone foul, but the crowd went crazy and I knew it.

jjreason
08-18-2007, 11:52 PM
I was shocked about Monroe as well - one of the best current homer "dismounts" (as Ken Griffey Jr. likes to call them) in all of baseball... too bad it didn't show up more often for him this year. :(

Good luck, C-Mo, and God bless (just don't go to the Indians).

EDITED: well, another loss to the Yanks this aft (I know, Cap, I should have kept my trap shut - sorry) and we're officially back on the slide. A couple more bad losses this week (we've got more against the Tribe and Yanks on tap) and we'll be in a deep, deep hole. :(

Kidhuman
08-20-2007, 06:07 PM
How about those Yanks taking 3/4 from the Motor City Kitties. Next weekend it will be on again. I know it dont mean anything right now except bragging rights, the Tigers beat the Yanks in the Playoffs last year after the Yanks stomped their tails in the regular season, but Cappy, RB, JJ, suck it.

BTW, this post is one of the funniest pics I have seen in a while.

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=597644&postcount=3

CaptainSolo1138
08-20-2007, 08:39 PM
but Cappy, RB, JJ, suck it.Fair enough. We'll take it....for now.

BTW, this post is one of the funniest pics I have seen in a while.

Damn, that was HILARIOUS! You guys owe Gagne a ton, Scott. Don't forget to add him to your Christmas card list.

Now another LOLjock, this time depicting what Joel Zumaya is really looking forward to (http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j141/ECKoolAid/lolsports/zumaya-is-my-guitar-hero.jpg).

2-1B
08-20-2007, 11:38 PM
go Brewers.

CaptainSolo1138
08-21-2007, 03:51 PM
Here's another great picture. (http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u181/Afrauds/l_76e253e6af91ad539728ed33e513009e.gif)

Kidhuman
08-22-2007, 12:24 AM
Thats funny stuff right there.

figrin bran
08-22-2007, 01:12 AM
How about that Garret Anderson? :p

Kidhuman
08-22-2007, 07:09 AM
Homie went ape sh*t last night

Bel-Cam Jos
08-22-2007, 11:39 AM
Yeah, the NY Giants beat the LA Rams in Anaheim last night, in a battle of field goals, 18-9. Anybody have him on their fantasy team (4-6 [.667 avg, 1.667 slugging], two 2B, two HR including a GS, 10 RBI, 3 runs)?

CaptainSolo1138
08-22-2007, 12:24 PM
The headline on one of the sports blogs I read under Anderson's was, "Adrian Beltre Collects 5 RBIs. P*ssy."

DarthQuack
08-22-2007, 08:38 PM
Holy ****, Texas Rangers Won 30-3 In Baseball Tonight!!!!! Wtf

CaptainSolo1138
08-22-2007, 09:05 PM
With a second game to be played still!

Mad Slanted Powers
08-22-2007, 09:29 PM
And not a single Ranger on my fantasy team.

Kidhuman
08-22-2007, 10:51 PM

I was watching that game at work. It was 27-3 and the guy next to me asked what was the most runs scored in a game. I said I dont know but I never seen 30, and no more than 2 seconds later dude belted a 3 run jack

Ditto.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-23-2007, 01:00 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=270822201

It's the most runs scored in 110 years. It was an American League record, and an AL record for most runs in a doubleheader. It was the ninth time a major league team scored 30 runs, the first since the Chicago Colts set the major league mark in a 36-7 rout of Louisville in a National League game on June 28, 1897, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

CaptainSolo1138
08-23-2007, 07:28 AM
Me either, but that kind of goes without saying. Slick, on the other hand, has Ian Kinsler who had 3 runs and a couple RBIs. What's most amazing is that SS Micheal Young didn't collect a single RBI! I think they said on Sportscenter this morning that Texas scored more runs in the 8th and 9th than they've scored in their last 6 games total and that their 30 runs is more than the DRays have scored in their last 11 games. Like Tim "Master of the Prepubescent Voice Crack" Kurkjian said, there's a chance every night that you'll see something that you've never seen before!

Scott (or any other Yanks fan I guess): Who is up in the Yankees' rotation Saturday night? I've looked on Yahoo! and can't find a starter for the 25th when I'm there.

Kidhuman
08-23-2007, 07:44 AM
ESPN lists it as Wang vs Bonderman. Sheff is out for the series also.

CaptainSolo1138
08-23-2007, 07:52 AM
ESPN lists it as Wang vs Bonderman.Awesome, thanks KH! Detroit must just be skipping a spot in the rotation then if Andrew Miller isn't ready to pitch Saturday (tweaked hammy, been on the DL for a few weeks).

Sheff is out for the series also.He hasn't been healthy in a month, so sitting out will provide pretty much the same results. That just means that Cameron Maybin will get some more playing time and it'll allow Maggs and Carlos Guillen to split time as DH.

*EDIT* Miller is expected to pitch Friday night, meaning no jump in the rotation for Bondo. Also, I just read that Marcus Thames will DH in Sheff's absence.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-23-2007, 10:48 AM
This is probably the most amount of hits the TR site will get for quite some time as folks wanna see the video of it, myself included. :crazed:

And I wake up today that the Cubbies are back in 1st place thanks to some SMALL BALL?!?!? A SQUEEZE BUNT BY BLANCO?!?!? Squeeze plays..hits and runs.....i must be in an alternative universe, but i'm loving it. :love:

jjreason
08-27-2007, 10:39 PM
Nice to take 3 of 4 from the Skanks, but it would have been even nicer if that didn't just draw us even with them over the past 2 weeks. Damned Tribe can't seem to lose either..... too bad it's so bloody hard to hate the Tribe. :upset:

2-1B
08-27-2007, 11:19 PM
Not me, I've hated Cleveland since they fired Lou Brown.

JimJamBonds
08-27-2007, 11:32 PM
Not me, I've hated Cleveland since they fired Lou Brown.

Thats what he gets for helping that guy with those whitewalls.

CaptainSolo1138
08-28-2007, 11:43 AM
I ate up every second of last night's game. 16-0?! How can you not love that, especially when it comes at the expense of the Evil Empire?

jjreason
09-01-2007, 10:00 AM
No posts from Tiger fans in the past few days, huh? Shocker.

I'm going out on a limb here, and state right now that we're not making the playoffs. Where in the hell is the desperation? They're just going through the motions right now. :upset:

I think we need Sheffield to come and sit on the bench and glare menacingly at the guys dogging it - that sense of "Oh, Snap! He might really kill me if I half-*** it down to first!" might shake things up a bit.

2-1B
09-01-2007, 10:16 AM
Yeah, the threat of roid rage from Sheff would really spur me to action, too. :D

Bel-Cam Jos
09-01-2007, 10:53 AM
You're welcome, Brew Crew fans. ;) :wecantseemtostayouttathecellar: :Pirate:

CaptainSolo1138
09-01-2007, 11:28 AM
I'm going out on a limb here, and state right now that we're not making the playoffs. Where in the hell is the desperation? They're just going through the motions right now. :upset:If, and I do mean IF, they make the playoffs it will be as a wildcard team. There's no way in hell that they are gonna make up 5 and 1/2 games on the hot, hot, hot Indians in the last month of the season. The wildcard option doesn't provide much relief either, though, since the Yanks have been killin' it since the AS break and the Mariners have been quietly awesome all year.

Remember the good ol' days of '06 when the Tigers had a consistent rotation? :cry:

Mad Slanted Powers
09-01-2007, 12:12 PM
IThe wildcard option doesn't provide much relief either, though, since the Yanks have been killin' it since the AS break and the Mariners have been quietly awesome all year. The Mariners have had a bad week though. Still, they are only a game behind the Yankees now. They need to get on a hot streak again.

jjreason
09-02-2007, 09:48 AM
The good news for me is this: I like the Mariners, Indians and Red Sox... and even the Angels a little. It's a no brainer that I'm going to like most of the teams making the playoffs for the AL - if the Yankees falter, I'll be happy with any of those teams getting a crack at the WS championship. Too bad the M's look to be cashing in their chips, same as us. :mad:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-02-2007, 11:08 AM
Hey, thanks Reds and the Pirates for giving my Cubs NO breathing room. :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
09-02-2007, 11:12 AM
Now that it's September, it's time for picks.

NL West (Arizona)
NL Central (would like to say Pitt, but I must be realistic, so Milwaukee [it's been a long time for 'em])
NL East (Philadelphia)
NL Wild Card (would like to say Pitt, but I must be realistic, so San Diego)

AL West (Anaheim... get over yourselves, you're NOT Los Angeles)
AL Central (Cleveland)
AL East (I would like to say Toronto, but I must be realistic, so Boston)
AL Wild Card (Detroit, or Seattle [doesn't matter to me])

jjreason
09-02-2007, 12:07 PM
The Angels are very oddly named. Why the heck would anything from Anaheim have LA envy? Anaheim is beautiful, they have Disneyland and the Stanley Cup for crying out loud.... they should simply be satisfied with being the Anaheim Angels and leaving it at that.

I want the Cubbies to hold on in the NL central, but I'll support the rest of your "votes" BCJ.

EDITED: In what might be our "flagship" loss of the season - the Tigers have just blown a 7-0 lead on a day when Cleveland lost for the first time in a week. Outstanding.

CaptainSolo1138
09-02-2007, 10:34 PM
EDITED: In what might be our "flagship" loss of the season - the Tigers have just blown a 7-0 lead on a day when Cleveland lost for the first time in a week. Outstanding.I actually quit watching the game in the 5th because it was such a blowout and I decided I should probably do something constructive. I got home tonight and was sending Slick an email to tell him that the Tigers made up ground in the central and WC in the same day. Then I checked MLB.com for the final. My jaw is still scraping on the damn carpet. How?! How the hell does that happen EVERY SINGLE TIME NATE PITCHES?! It's so freakin' disheartening.

jjreason
09-03-2007, 11:29 AM
GD'd Todd Jones.... I've had enough. That's 6, 6 blown saves for the season! Ha Ha Ha Ha Haaaaaaaaaa!!!!

I need help. :(

Mad Slanted Powers
09-03-2007, 01:59 PM
Mariners are playing the Yankees now, so here is a chance to get back into the wild card position.

CaptainSolo1138
09-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Mariners are playing the Yankees now, so here is a chance to get back into the wild card position.
Not really. It's a "Catch-22" situation for the Tigers, since whoever wins the series will be that much further ahead of them.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Not really. It's a "Catch-22" situation for the Tigers, since whoever wins the series will be that much further ahead of them.You misunderstand. I am rooting for the Mariners. They thumped the Yankees today so only a game back now.

jjreason
09-03-2007, 06:29 PM
As long as the Yankees are out, I'm at least comforted. Not settled, happy or content, mind you.... just comforted.

CaptainSolo1138
09-04-2007, 11:25 AM
You misunderstand. I am rooting for the Mariners. They thumped the Yankees today so only a game back now.My bad, MSP. I'm just so use to everyone being a Tigers fan now.:D

CaptainSolo1138
09-05-2007, 07:38 AM
Congrats to Magglio Ordonez, AL player of the month for August. Now if only the rest of the team could swing half the bat he does.:cry:

figrin bran
09-07-2007, 03:08 AM
say it ain't so!!!

Report: Ankiel is latest to come up in steroids probe (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3008363&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines)

CaptainSolo1138
09-07-2007, 07:48 AM
People need to read deeper into the article than just the headline:

Ankiel has not been accused by authorities of wrongdoing, and stopped receiving HGH just before Major League Baseball officially banned it in 2005

If Barry Bonds can be considered innocent, than Ankiel remains a saint. I've seen this story on three different news outlets and ALL have failed to mention that HGH was all good in the 2004 campaign until the absolute very end of the segment.

Kidhuman
09-07-2007, 07:48 AM
So, the Yanks get the Royals this weekend while the M's and Tigers play each other. One team could be out this weekend pretty much if the Yanks sweep the Royals.

CaptainSolo1138
09-07-2007, 07:51 AM
So, the Yanks get the Royals this weekend while the M's and Tigers play each other. One team could be out this weekend pretty much if the Yanks sweep the Royals.It's a scary situation. Detroit has done a fair job of staying in the hunt even though they haven't won a game since mid-July.

Tiger nation has pretty much conceded the Central to the Indians, since it would take a melt-down of historic proportions to lose a seven game lead with three weeks left. The wildcard is gonna take some work, but three games isn't s*it in the grand scheme of things. It's just gonna take some run production and good starting pitching.

jjreason
09-07-2007, 08:35 PM
First off, it's highly unlikely anyone is going to sweep the Royals between now and the end of the year - they're getting much better all the time.

Secondly - the Tigers have turned a corner. Shef is back, Kenny's back, and they've pulled out 2 close ones in a row. Pair that with the fact that the Tribe is out west and getting pounded (at least last night) by the Angels.... and it's still wide open.

The damned rain spoiling Verlanders sweet-*** start tonight is not my favorite. :mad:

EDITED: Well, I guess he was okay with the delay - through 8 innings: 92 pitches, 65 strikes(!!!!), 7 hits and 1 run allowed. Now THAT's the sugar. ;)

Kidhuman
09-09-2007, 06:59 PM
First off, it's highly unlikely anyone is going to sweep the Royals between now and the end of the year - they're getting much better all the time.

Well, the Royals got swept, M's lost 2 games the the Tigers one in the standings. Good weekend for the Yanks and especially A-Rod.

Nothing against Ordonez, but how can people even begin to mention him for the AL MVP? He is having a good year, but A-Rod is the clear cut favorite. I dont even think it is close, and thats not Yankee bias talking.

2-1B
09-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Sewers won and Scrubs lost, so that puts The Good Land back in 1st place...in the bad division...

Mad Slanted Powers
09-09-2007, 07:38 PM
Well, the Royals got swept, M's lost 2 games the the Tigers one in the standings. Good weekend for the Yanks and especially A-Rod.

Nothing against Ordonez, but how can people even begin to mention him for the AL MVP? He is having a good year, but A-Rod is the clear cut favorite. I dont even think it is close, and thats not Yankee bias talking.He is leading the league in batting, nearly 40 points better than A-Rod. He has nearly 20 more doubles. A-Rod leads the league in Runs and RBI, but Ordoņez is 2nd in RBI and tied for third in Runs. A-Rod has the SB advantage, but Ordoņez doesn't strike out as much. So, I would say A-Rod has the advantage, but I think it is close, and they don't always vote strictly on stats.

Mariners have had a tough time lately, but at least they salvaged a game from Detroit. They need to play a lot better to make up the five games on the Yankees.

Rocketboy
09-09-2007, 09:45 PM
Plus, the Tigers are cooler than the Yankees.

CaptainSolo1138
09-10-2007, 08:15 AM
I can't really add anything that MSP hasn't. I can understand an argument for ARod, but with Maggs closing in on the batting title it's hard to say no to him. While there is really no tie between batting title and AL MVP (save for Ichiro in 2001), it definitely puts him in the top slot IMO. Plus, MVP is about what you add to your team. Are you saying that the Yankees would win fewer games w/o ARod than the Tigers would lose w/o Magglio?

I am, however, resigned to ARod winning it simply because he's a Yankee and in a bigger market.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-10-2007, 08:59 PM
Stop the presses! The Pirates cannot lose 100 games this year! And, if they go 20-0 to end the season, they'll have a winning record (and even could win the division, called The Bad Division above).

You may now return to your lives.

CaptainSolo1138
09-11-2007, 02:16 PM
Why, for the love of God, was Roy Halladay pulled 8 and 2/3s into a complete game?! :D

I figured the Tigers had lost it (especially after THE double play of the second half was pulled on them) and was sticking around for the post-game show when all of a sudden Casey singles, Inge singles, Granderson drives them in, Polanco singles, Sheffield walks and Magglio (who should change the spelling of his name to 'MVP') slaps a two run knock to right to win it! Possibly the most exciting game of the year!

JimJamBonds
09-11-2007, 10:37 PM
Stop the presses! The Pirates cannot lose 100 games this year! And, if they go 20-0 to end the season, they'll have a winning record (and even could win the division, called The Bad Division above).

You may now return to your lives.

Sorry but they aren't going 20-0 since they lost tonight to the front running Brewers. :D

Bel-Cam Jos
09-12-2007, 12:56 AM
Sorry but they aren't going 20-0 since they lost tonight to the front running Brewers. :DMaybe that's true in your reality, with your version of facts, and using your system of truth. :lipsrsealed:

Bel-Cam Jos
09-16-2007, 09:25 AM
However, even in my reality, an above .500 year is now statistically out of the question for the Buccos. :2+2=5: :cry:

Mad Slanted Powers
09-16-2007, 02:15 PM
However, even in my reality, an above .500 year is now statistically out of the question for the Buccos. :2+2=5: :cry:2+2=5 is a good song by Radiohead.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-16-2007, 03:15 PM
However, even in my reality, an above .500 year is now statistically out of the question for the Buccos. :2+2=5: :cry:

still man, i'd be mighty proud of your Pirates. They played some great ball since the All star break and I was cursing and praising them when they beat up on the Cubbies and then the Brewers.

As usual the Cubs are going to give me an ulcer. Hmmmmm, mood swings and emotions in mid September? Yup, it's Cubs baseball season. At times, I ALMOST wish they wouldn't make it to a series in my lifetime as it would literaly give me a heart attack. And then I curse that idea and pray to God I see it in my lifetime. I told my students when this happens, i'm canceling classes for the WS games. hehehhehe

2+2=5 is a good song by Radiohead.

Agreed! They opened up with that when I saw them in Wisconsin back in 2004. Terrific show!!! (seen them three times!) :thumbsup:

DarthQuack
09-19-2007, 01:34 AM
HAHA....sorry for all the Mets fans out there....but man...talk about blowing the division!!! The Phillies are only 1.5 games back now!!! Cubs and Brew Crew are tied for their division....all the races are close....Yanks 2.5 back :)

CaptainSolo1138
09-19-2007, 08:12 AM
These last 10 games or so of the Tigers season reminds me of the end of "Deathly Hallows": We know we're gonna die, yet we continue to go forward anyway.:)

I usually try to keep the faith, but they really screwed the pooch against Cleveland and gave them two games (so far) that were all but in hand. There's no way in hell that they're going to ever catch the Yanks, either. :cry:

Tycho
09-19-2007, 11:19 AM
I've gone to a lot of live Padres games this year. I have a good reason to hold out my hope.

Meanwhile, Boston will clinch the entire AL title. I think it's highly probable anyway.

DarthQuack
09-19-2007, 12:17 PM
I'd think again Tycho....Boston is showing signs of a collapse....Gagne is horrible I think they shouldn't even be playing him at all. Manny is hurt, starting pitching is starting to falter.....But that's just a Yankees fan's point of view :P

Kidhuman
09-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Boston is only 2.5 games up on the Yankees. If they tie, the Yaknees win the division having won the season series. Boston is stumbling a little right now as the Yanks are hot. I wish Detroit was winning because when the Yanks take the division, Detroit would be right there to take the WC from them.

CaptainSolo1138
09-19-2007, 07:44 PM
Does anyone else remember the "Debbie Downer" sketch from SNL?

Tigers are swept by the Indians and are all but eliminated from the playoffs, which is appropriate, as most of the world's tigers have been eliminated from the playoffs of life.

WAH WAAAAAAH!

jjreason
09-19-2007, 09:34 PM
The 3 final nails in the coffin, those were. RIP 2007 Tigers, there were lots of good times early on in our relationship, but I've got to grow up and move on. I can't let you slow me down anymore. :cry:

DarthQuack
09-19-2007, 10:08 PM
Papelbon just gave up a grand salami in the 8th inning in Toronto.....6-1, SOX lose by this score, YANKEES win 2-1 over Baltimore....can you say ONE game back in the LOSS column B*TCHES???

Kidhuman
09-19-2007, 10:17 PM
Welcome to 1.5 games back.

jjreason
09-20-2007, 09:26 AM
Bah. Get set another sad October, Spankees fans.

Kidhuman
09-20-2007, 09:31 PM
At least we have an October to talk about.

I got you good bi*ch

2-1B
09-21-2007, 01:16 AM
Way to fall back another half game, Brewers !

DarthQuack
09-21-2007, 11:07 AM
Let's go Cubbies!

jjreason
09-22-2007, 09:53 PM
Yep, Cubbies indeed. I'm on board for what hopes to be an exhilarating October for the Northsiders.

In other news, watching the Blue Jays and Yankees dink around all afternoon was like pulling teeth - of COURSE the Yankees had to come out on top. What a drag... looks like the Tigers magic number for elimination from the WC will be down to 3 by tomorrow morning. :cry:

Bel-Cam Jos
09-23-2007, 10:57 AM
Dang it! All you dudes in the NL Central need to get on your knees and pray everyday that the Pittsburgh Pirates are in your division. We deserve playoff percentages for the teams that make it into the postseason as "contributors." :upset: Losing 8 in a row? So much for ending on a strong note... :(

jjreason
09-23-2007, 11:49 AM
Yeah, they're troubled (I watched part of their game while waiting for the AL game which was rain-delayed). A baserunning mistake killed one thing they had going early - never nice to see on a televised game (especially when it's one of your guys getting caught :( ). The Orioles are another team that really seems to roll over and die painfully at the end of every year. They were showing some stats a couple of days ago - the O's win % over the last 30 games of the year has been ABYSMAL for a decade. The fans must roll their eyes.

CaptainSolo1138
09-24-2007, 07:50 AM
Tigers must win out, Yanks can't finish better than 1-6.:cry:

Kidhuman
09-26-2007, 10:53 PM
Sorry fellas, the Yankees just eliminated the Tigers from playoff contention.

jjreason
09-27-2007, 12:57 PM
Hey, we're still the best AL team there is.....

that didnt' qualify for the post season. :cry:

CaptainSolo1138
09-28-2007, 08:01 AM
I'm OK with the Tigers not making it. I'm sad that Comerica won't see any October baseball, but it's been a slow burn since July and both Cleveland and *shudder* the Yankees have played outstanding baseball since then. Detroit simply fell victim to the dreaded cold streak while other teams remain on fire.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-28-2007, 09:53 AM
I was just want to thank the Padres and Cards for their contributions to Cubs and Cubs fandom. How we got SWEPT by the Marlins is beyond me, but they seem to be kryptonite to the Cubbies. Hopefully, the Cubs can win tonight and Mad Dog can shout out the Brewers so we can clinch this division!! GO CUBBIES! :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
09-28-2007, 09:57 AM
I was just want to thank the Padres and Cards for their contributions to Cubs and Cubs fandom. How we got SWEPT by the Marlins is beyond me, but they seem to be kryptonite to the Cubbies. Hopefully, the Cubs can win tonight and Mad Dog can shout out the Brewers so we can clinch this division!! GO CUBBIES! :thumbsup:

The Cubbies have Bartman to thank for the Marlin Magic.

CaptainSolo1138
09-28-2007, 12:31 PM
I thought it was customary to celebrate a playoff berth with champagne? Someone should have sent the memo to A-Rod.

Tycho
09-28-2007, 12:56 PM
Go Padres! San Diego is still hanging in there. Milwaukee started a rally on us in the final innings the other night, but we still had enough of a lead. There were some high-scoring single innings for both teams actually.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-28-2007, 11:27 PM
CUBS ARE NL CENTRAL CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! !! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sorry, just REALLY REALLY excited!!! GO CUBS GO!! :thumbsup:

jjreason
09-29-2007, 08:25 AM
Cubbies and Red Sox and D-Backs (oh my!!!) all clinched spots last night. The NL is still a bit of a tangled web.... God Bless the current MLB playoff system. :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
09-29-2007, 10:06 AM
Now that it's September, it's time for picks.

NL West (Arizona)
NL Central (would like to say Pitt, but I must be realistic, so Milwaukee [it's been a long time for 'em])
NL East (Philadelphia)
NL Wild Card (would like to say Pitt, but I must be realistic, so San Diego)

AL West (Anaheim... get over yourselves, you're NOT Los Angeles)
AL Central (Cleveland)
AL East (I would like to say Toronto, but I must be realistic, so Boston)
AL Wild Card (Detroit, or Seattle [doesn't matter to me])Well, now that's it's almost October and in the final weekend for regular season games, let's see how I fared:

NL West (currently correct)
NL East (currently correct)
NL Wild Card (currently correct)
NL Central (wrong)

AL West (chosen correctly)
AL East (chosen correctly)
AL Central (chosen correctly)
AL Wild Card (wrong)

Not bad, except for the fact that the PITTSBURGH PIRATES ARE NOWHERE CLOSE TO BEING POSSIBLY NEAR ANY POST-SEASON DISCUSSIONS! :Pirate: Arr... :cry:

Well, at least I can see post-season baseball locally (Angels, Padres) either on TV (looking for teeny tiny faces of people I might have passed by once at a store :D ) or in person (wearing my Pitt gear proudly-but-morosely).

jjreason
09-29-2007, 10:09 AM
It can turn on a dime, BCJ, the Tigers are recent evidence of that. All you need is a GM that can convince your rich owner to spend a fortune and you'll be all set. :D

Bel-Cam Jos
09-29-2007, 10:25 AM
It can turn on a dime, BCJ, the Tigers are recent evidence of that. All you need is a GM that can convince your rich owner to spend a fortune and you'll be all set. :DTrue, true. And for a brief while, we were like that ('90-'92), after a dismal period of also seldom competing ('80-'89). But the recent years ('94-present) have been as rough for us as you Tigers fans endured throughout the '90s to early '00s. Just getting tired of "moral" victories, unless they add that as a column in the standings. :rolleyes:

Tycho
09-29-2007, 07:45 PM
Arizona does not yet have it sealed over my Padres. It'll take until Sunday's games to see how this plays out, though I wasn't home to know today's scores (San Diego played Milwaukee).

Bel-Cam Jos
09-30-2007, 10:52 AM
I believe here are the scenarios:

San Diego (in as Wild Card with win)
NYM and Philly (one in as NL East champ with win and other losing)
Colorado (in as Wild Card with win and SD loss)
Boston and Cleveland (gets best overall record and choice of playoff schedule with win and other losing)
Arizona, ANAHEIM :rolleyes: , NYY, ChiC all set (except some opponents)

Good luck, you non-Pittsburgh squads! :p

DarthQuack
09-30-2007, 02:56 PM
And the Mets are off to a wonderful start today, losing 7-1 in the 4th! Philly is up 3-1.

2-1B
09-30-2007, 03:35 PM
JimJam is at Miller Park right now watching the Brewers lose to the Priests.

jjreason
09-30-2007, 04:01 PM
And the Mets are off to a wonderful start today, losing 7-1 in the 4th! Philly is up 3-1.

What a shocker, that was Glavine on the hill that got pounded so badly off the hop. :eek:

2-1B
09-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Now the Brewers are winning, so it would be funny if Milwaukee knocks out San Diego after San Diego knocked out Milwaukee. lol

Kidhuman
09-30-2007, 07:53 PM
The Mets suck.

DarthQuack
09-30-2007, 09:17 PM
The Mets suck.

And they get to watch the Yankees in the playoffs.

JimJamBonds
09-30-2007, 10:57 PM
Now the Brewers are winning, so it would be funny if Milwaukee knocks out San Diego after San Diego knocked out Milwaukee. lol

Man what a boring game, sure the Brew Crew won but it was lonnnnnng.

JetsAndHeels
09-30-2007, 11:08 PM
The Mets suck.

It has been a rough sports weekend for me.

Late night with Roy is in 2 weeks at the dean dome thank God

kool-aid killer
10-01-2007, 02:17 PM
The Mets suck.

I was hoping they would win just to see the mini-playoffs before the big playoffs.

Tycho
10-02-2007, 09:27 AM

No it was NOT funny Caesar. After the Chargers last year with a 13-2 record going into their final game, and now this upset in MLB, San Diego is being punished for our good weather or something.

I couldn't watch the game. My little brother was getting married. But it sounds like it was exciting. I actually like long, extra-inning baseball games (when the Padres win) because it can be more exciting (if there's some action with some men on the bases).

Anyway, now there's the Cubs and of course there's always next season for the Padres.

Oh, and didn't I predict it would be Boston over NY in the AL? Yeah. I thought so.

JetsAndHeels
10-02-2007, 10:05 AM
Listen to Tycho here guys...he is becoming a sports commentator!! :)

I know you mentioned the Chargers a few times last season, but I didn't really think you were much of a sports fan.

Tycho
10-02-2007, 04:13 PM
I'm not usually into sports, but maybe I'm changing.

But I've noticed that most pro-teams don't use death rays to blow up entire planets, nor do they field cyborgs, kiss their sisters, or find out that their Dad is the manager of the New England Patriots and wants to know "what happened to those plans?"

That being said, there are a few things much more interesting to me than pro sports, and they require more imagination to appreciate.