PDA

View Full Version : James Brown, Dead at 73

Kidhuman
12-25-2006, 09:45 AM
Sad day as this iconic musician has passed away. RIP

link (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/O/OBIT_BROWN?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2006-12-25-03-04-07)

2-1B
12-25-2006, 10:07 AM
Damn, I was already planning to fire up Rocky 4 today to celebrate Christmas with the Russian and The Robot...but this is a whole new reason to, now. :(

Bel-Cam Jos
12-25-2006, 11:38 AM
He'd been a tortured soul (no pun intended) for quite some time, so I hope he finds peace as the Hardest Working Man in Heaven (well, at least in the top 10... or 50... or well, you know :rolleyes: ). Git on up, James!

bobafrett
12-25-2006, 12:43 PM
Pappas got a brand new bag.......or so I've heard. Rest those feet Mr. Brown.

kool-aid killer
12-25-2006, 02:24 PM
Thats too bad. He wasnt perfect, but music wise Brown was special. The Hardest Working Man in Showbiz can get some well deserved rest now. Hit me!

JimJamBonds
12-26-2006, 12:32 AM
Somewhere in heaven an angel is placing a cape around him.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-26-2006, 02:27 PM
I was gonna say "I bet he doesn't feel so good now," but I felt that would've been in poor taste. ;)

This is sad, though.

scruffziller
12-27-2006, 10:39 AM
Yea he will be greatly missed. He influenced alot of the music that I hold dear to my heart. Wow, I have lost alot of people that have been a big part of my life( in one way or another) this year.:cry:

Kidhuman
12-27-2006, 08:59 PM
I am surprised Chux hasnt commented in here yet.

El Chuxter
12-27-2006, 09:23 PM
I'm still in shock, two days later. :(

Hit me! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeee! Ha ha ha ha ha! HUNH!!

JediTricks
12-29-2006, 05:08 AM
The man was sheer brilliance, when they say he was the hardest working man in show business, they weren't kidding. His impact won't be lost on music in our childrens' childrens' lifetimes (sorry Little Richard, I know James Brown credits you with kick-starting it all, but Soul Brother Number One is the one whose reach can best be pointed to, that's why he's the Godfather of Soul and you're an incomprehensible judge on Fox's "Celebrity 'Who Wants to Gargle Some Mouthwash?'".) His death shocked me a little, I expected him to go on indefinitely just to spite the establishment.

However, JB's horse-drawn golden casket being driven to the Apollo theater today was a might creepy.

mabudonicus
12-29-2006, 10:45 AM
I'm still a bit shocked too, man, and I agree with JT, I somehow always just imagined James couldn't pass away. When I turned on my radio on x-mas morning, the first item on the first news break was this, and it pretty much ruined the day- not cos I was so much crippled, but I could NOT shake the sense of disbelief.

In my earlier years, I picked up this compilation called "James Brown Solid Gold" and I swear I went through 3 copies in under a year cos the damn thing SMOKED.

And for the almost in poor taste part of my post, I think being the crafty fellow that he was, I think James first words on arriving in the afterlife were most likely "Can I take it one more time from the top?? HUNHH!!!"
:beard:Isobaws&

Mad Slanted Powers
01-01-2007, 05:54 PM
I'm watching the Rose Bowl, and someone behind the USC QB's parents looks a lot like James Brown.

2-1B
01-03-2007, 10:57 PM
"too hot in the hot tub !"

dindae
01-05-2007, 10:07 AM
I heard about this a few days ago. I was pretty shocked. It was highlighted to me all the more since earlier that evening I was singing "I Feel Good" with my girlfriend. The man had some issues but he will always be the Grandfather of Soul.