PDA

View Full Version : What do Cybertronians (Transformers) do with their spare time?

Tycho
12-26-2006, 04:12 PM
We always see Autobots and Decepticons fighting each other, or strengthening their wartime positions.

What people sometimes forget is that all Cybertronians can't transform - or at least that was the way it was initially written.

The robots that revolted against Quintesson slavery mastering them developed the techniques, and then the most proficient military-types began using it to dominate the planet after their victory, thus becoming the Decepticons.

We all know the Autobots rebelled, developing their own fighting force that could transform.

What we don't know is what do these robots do when they're not fighting?

There must be architects, engineers, construction workers, and obviously medics and so forth.

Do they also have artists and entertainers? I'm sure there is a news casting agency.

Do they have residences, homes, and such? How do they live?

If in human science, we dream about becoming immortal by transferring ourselves into machines, do Transformers create biological lifeforms to transfer their own consciousness into in order to become more mortal? After contact with earth, are there robots that want to become human?

If at least the Autobots have representation of both genders, isn't a date to a drive-in movie a bit redundant for them? I mean it takes "parking" to a whole different level.

Is being Optimus Prime a full-time job, or does "Orion Pax" ever wonder what it would be like to come out and play? What would he be doing with his life if he hadn't wound up as the Autobot leader?

Hot Rod complains watching a shuttle land is dull. So is fly fishing on earth his idea of excitement? Obviously street racing has its appeal. But with Blurr around, wouldn't constantly losing get old?

What are your thoughts on these matters?

El Chuxter
12-26-2006, 06:50 PM
Most of the Autobots were civilians in their pre-war lives, with professions similar to their wartime specialties. For instance, Grapple and Huffer were engineers and/or architects, Skids and Perceptor were scientists, etc.

Orion Pax was never given any bio outside the few episodes he appeared in, but in the War Within comics, Prime was previously a data analyzer named Optronix.

The cartoon stated Starscream was a scientist prior to the war, also, which isn't too hard to fathom.

Mirage was described on his original filecard as a spoiled aristocrat who'd rather be hunting turbofoxes with his rich friends on Cybertron, so there was apparently a class division of haves and have-nots.

Ratchet is said to love to party, though what goes down at an Autobot party is unclear.

Tycho
12-26-2006, 06:53 PM
Ratchet is said to love to party, though what goes down at an Autobot party is unclear.

Engine lubricant?

El Chuxter
12-26-2006, 07:03 PM
I dunno. Though (I forgot to mention before) there is a well-known bar, much like a Cybertronian version of Cheers, run by a mysterious entity rumored to be one of the original thirteen Transformers (MacCabe?), where Autobots and Decepticons have to put aside the war while imbibing high-quality oil and getting plastered.

Before you ask: this guy, Liege Maximo, and The Fallen are the only two more-or-less confirmed of "Original Thirteen" that I know of, but I'd guess Alpha Trion is one, and since Prima was the first Matrix holder, I'd say he's one, too.

mabudonicus
12-27-2006, 04:16 PM
I think lots of them enjoy polishing their chrome, matter of fact

And yeah, they liked hunting and crap

And I bet they play video games, good ones :beard:Isobaws&

Tycho
12-27-2006, 05:18 PM
I think lots of them enjoy polishing their chrome, matter of fact

Sunstreaker and Tracks, for sure.

And yeah, they liked hunting and crap

Mirage and possibly Hound.

And I bet they play video games, good ones

Hot Rod no doubt, but he prefers Gladiator Droids.

Yeah, I guess they have a regular society with some things being similar to ours.

Perceptor probably writes books. Blaster might write music.