PDA

View Full Version : Action Fleet???

naes14
12-26-2006, 06:27 PM
Hi I'm new to the forums and I am an avid fan of the Action fleet line. I don't have much experience with the Titanium line and I am curious about how it compares with Action Fleet. IE: do the cockpits open?, do they have landing gear?, are the sizes of the ships about the same?

Since Hasbro isn't doing anything with action fleet right now I'm looking for a good star wars substitute of sorts.

I have one last question, what happened to the guy "Da18thcustomizer"(I think that was his SN) back at swcollecting.com who was making custom AF sized minifigures?

Darth Michael
12-26-2006, 08:18 PM
I don't have much experience with the Titanium line and I am curious about how it compares with Action Fleet.
SW Titanium line:
Approximately 3 inches.
Include stands where appropriate.
Primarily made of die cast metal with various plastic bits.
Do not include any miniature figures.
Cost $5 each at retail.
Thus far, pretty consistent packaging across the entire line. Difficult to open without damaging the package.
Still in production. Spans all 6 episodes.
A related line, the Titanium Ultras, are 6 inches (Action Fleet sized), but metal and include display cases. This line has been discontinued. Included a couple of models not previously done in AF, plus a modern version of the Battlestar Galactica. Generally $15 at retail.
Also available: 3 inch Titanium Battlestar Galactica models. (I like!)
Also available: 3 inch Titanium Transformer models. (Meh.)
SW Action Fleet line:
Approximately 6 inches.
Included stands where appropriate.
Made of plastic.
Included 2 miniature figures at first. Later, only one. And later still, none.
Cost $10 each at retail.
Evolution of packaging over the years. Some trivial to open without harming, others more difficult.
Sadly, a dead line which did not survive all episodes and thus missed key models from the later films.
What else, folks?

Do the cockpits open? Do they have landing gear?
Usually, when appropriate to the model.

Since Hasbro isn't doing anything with action fleet right now I'm looking for a good star wars substitute of sorts.
The SW Titanium line is (IMHO) the best Action Fleet substitute. (I am only a casual collector, though. Perhaps some of the collectors with broader collecting horizons will have differing opinions.)

sergiurusu
12-27-2006, 03:06 AM
You should also try the WOTC line. No features like the AF but for example their droids line is comparable to AF figures.

RobertDD
12-27-2006, 09:10 AM
You should also try the WOTC line. No features like the AF but for example their droids line is comparable to AF figures.

??? I checked out the WOTC website but could not find that Droids line... What am I missing?

BTW, I dont mean to hijack the thread! Welcome naes14. I am an avid AF collector and I consider the Titanium Ultra's to be the continuation of that line in die cast. They have similar play features (sometimes much better, like the falcon) as the old AFs and those Ultra's that have appeared in AF form before are usually very similar/the same as their AF counterparts (apart from the play features)

naes14
12-27-2006, 10:02 AM
Thank you all for your replies and must say that the Titanium Ultra's are what I would like to collect next I think. I have been really out of touch with the newer toys because for the last few years I have been trying to fill out my action fleet collection by buying them off of eBay and that has consumed most of my time and efforts. I only have three more questions.

How hard is it to find Ultra's now?
Could anyone post pics of the Ultra's?
What different ships did they have outside of what was in the action fleet line?

Warstar
12-28-2006, 01:59 AM
Well let's see here...

The following Ultra's were confirmed and released to retail (in rough release order below) :

1. Luke Skywalker's X-Wing Fighter (Wal-Mart Exclusive)- Remake of a circa 1996 Action Fleet ship

2. Republic Gunship (Wal-Mart Exclusive)- Remake of a 2002 AOTC Action Fleet mold

3. ARC-170- NEW mold for ROTS in 2005- never made in the Action Fleet line

4. Droid Tri-Fighter- NEW mold for ROTS in 2005- never made in the Action Fleet line

5. Slave 1- Remake of a circa 1997 Action Fleet ship

6. Snowspeeder- NEW mold but similar to circa 1996 Action Fleet ship ( ;), JT )

7. AT-AT- NEW mold but similar to circa 1996 Action Fleet ship

8. Millennium Falcon- NEW mold (panels) but similar to circa 1996 Action Fleet ship

9. Darth Vader's TIE Fighter- NEW mold but similar to circa 1996 Action Fleet ship

...and that's it- those are the only ships that were officially released to retaal in the Ultra Titanium STAR WARS line. (Battlestar Galactica had 1 ship released to retail in the Ultra line as well, and that was the 2004 version of the Galactica herself)

Otherwise, there were 2 ships listed/known that MAY yet be released. Hasbro has said they may come out but has yet to release any details. Those ships are:

-ROTS Analkin Skywalker's Jedi Starfighter (New mold- not in old Action Fleet line)

-TIE Fighter- PROBABLY will be a NEW mold but similar to circa 1996 Action Fleet ship

The X-Wing, Republic Gunship, Millennium Falcon and Darth's TIE are the hardest ships to come by nowadays. AT-AT's are a close second.

The Snowspeeder, Slave 1, ARC-170 and Droid Tri-Fighter are probably still rotting on nearby local toystore shelves (try ShopKo ;))

Good luck!

SWAFMAN
12-29-2006, 12:21 AM
Thank you all for your replies and must say that the Titanium Ultra's are what I would like to collect next I think. I have been really out of touch with the newer toys because for the last few years I have been trying to fill out my action fleet collection by buying them off of eBay and that has consumed most of my time and efforts. I only have three more questions.

How hard is it to find Ultra's now?
Could anyone post pics of the Ultra's?
What different ships did they have outside of what was in the action fleet line?

Welcome aboard! How are you coming along on your AF collection? Is it mostly or fully complete? If not, what are you missing? If so, which is/are your favorite?

naes14
12-29-2006, 12:10 PM
Well I am fairly young and I donít have too much space in my room so I am not too concerned with acquiring the whole collection (as of yet). For instance, I have LukesDegobahSwamp X-wing so I havenít collected his "clean" X-wing (they are both designated Lukes so I don't feel the need to get it) but I do want different colored ships such as gold, red, and blue Y-wings.

I am primarily concerned with getting one of each type of vehicle and in that regard I'm doing quite well. Here is list of those I don't have; an A-wing (I used too but it was damaged so I am bidding on a green one and I am looking for a red one), an E-wing, original Tie fighter, Jabba's Sail barge, Blockade Runner, Slave One (I want both the original and new AOTC versions), Tie Defender, X-wing w/Jek, Y-wing (just gold and red), Imperial Landing Craft, all Snowspeeders (my battle damaged speeder suffered the same fate as my A-wing), and finally I might want a second Tie Interceptor (my version is from the Toys ďRĒ Us exclusive) just to get the pilot w/removable helmet.

I have all of the original playsets and I have almost all of the original battle packs except for numbers 6, 13, 14, 16, 17, and 18. (I am bidding on two of these now on eBay.)

I donít have any flight controllers or remote control vehicles/animals but I don't really care much for those anyway.

I have almost all of the Alpha Series and what I donít have I will be getting soon.

As for Ep.1 (this is where I am really lacking) I have the Naboo fighter, Republic cruiser, AF preview set, Mini Scenes 1-4, and the Naboo Hanger.

I also need all of the AOTC vehicles.

I think thatís about it, but less and less results are turning up on eBay and I am very picky about what I get (mostly MIB and I havenít bought anything overseas yet.)

SWAFMAN
01-03-2007, 12:07 AM
Sounds like you have a good start. You haven't been consumed by the obsession to own the complete series, or even worse, including every possible variation. I have an addictive streak and for a long time was intent on having an opener plus a mint boxed one of every release. I did pretty well, but never went for the full range of variations. There's still a JC Penny variant of the original Remote Control AT-AT that I'd like to find, but as you pointed out, the market is getting pretty tight and inflated. Scalpers are the scum of the earth, as you've no doubt come to see on eBay if you've ever been outbid in the last nanosecond just to see the winner re-post the same item for double what they paid.

Great to see that new and younger people like yourself are still enthusiastic about collecting Action Fleet. Share any reports of your new finds/gets/wins.

Best of luck in your pursuits.

sergiurusu
01-03-2007, 02:43 AM
Good luck in your pursue! It seems you have already a nice collection.:thumbsup:

jedi master sal
01-04-2007, 04:26 PM
The TIE Defender and E-wing are going to be your biggest challenge. Not only were they rare, but now are relatively expensive. If you'r bidding on eBay for these, ask MANY questions about the piece and don't be afraid to ask for pictures. There were some fake TIE Defenders on the market a few years back. Also I've heard a couple stories of the E-wing missing parts.

So when it comes time for you to bid on those, just be a bit more wary than you might otherwise normally be.

-Sal

sergiurusu
01-05-2007, 07:09 AM
Big challenges will be the Royal Starship and Droid Control Ship as well. But from time to time you can get them at good prices. Luck is pretty important.:) I got them MIB from a thejawa member, both for $50, plus $15 shipping

Mad Slanted Powers
01-13-2007, 10:48 PM
The TIE Defender and E-wing are going to be your biggest challenge. Yes, I could kick myself for passing up on the TIE Defender. I had just started collecting and I was just getting three at a time when I would go into Target. Partly because I couldn't carry any more without a basket and partly because of the signs they had about limiting collectible purchases, though I now realize that probably no one would have prevented me from getting more. I only saw it the one time, but I did manage to get the E-Wing though.

SWAFMAN
01-15-2007, 06:34 PM
...but I did manage to get the E-Wing though.

Got an extra ;-) ? Seriously, though. I need one. Box condition not important.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-15-2007, 07:42 PM
Nope, just the one. Both the E-Wing and TIE Defender are $150-$200 on eBay, and most of those are loose.

darktrooper7
01-17-2007, 12:46 AM
Nope, just the one. Both the E-Wing and TIE Defender are $150-$200 on eBay, and most of those are loose.

You definately dont have to pay that for loose if you are patient. If you want one right now this minute, then yes. You dont even have to pay that much for boxed. Ive seen plenty MIB go around the $100-120 mark

I scored a loose Tie Defender in a job lot of about 20 AF ships and it worked out about $8 a ship. And i got an Ewing buy-it-now for $9.99!

So there are bargains to be had, just be patient :)

darktrooper7
01-28-2007, 06:10 PM
Heres an example of a cheap Tie Defender:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280072444599&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=018

naes14
04-02-2008, 08:16 PM
Does anyone have the AT-TE? If so could you list its features? Can the cockpit open and do old figures fit?

JediTricks
04-02-2008, 10:50 PM
I have the AT-TE. It has an opening cockpit, but the cockpit cannot accommodate an AF figure (it's designed for looking at, not interacting with). The legs move at the hip, the feet are ball-jointed. The front half of the vehicle is articulated at the midsection to pivot sideways, the rear is similarly articulated to the midsection, and the guns are ball-joints so the move a little. Oh, and the top turret rotates.

sergiurusu
04-03-2008, 04:36 AM
I have 3 AT-TE's and maybe one day I'll try to customize one by making pilot to fit inside. But right now have too many other things to do...

Blue2th
04-03-2008, 09:50 AM
The E-Wing's cannon falls off easily. I had to glue mine back on.
Back in the late nineties I was scouring Walgreens for Action Fleet and found both the E-Wing, Tie Defender, and Jabba's Sailbarge.
I displayed both the E-Wing and the Defender, and lost the officer to the Defender (I think he then got vacumed up) I put them back in their boxes minus the officer of course.
Does anyone know which officer figure I could use that's the same one from another less rare Action Fleet for my Defender?
I have the TRU two packs with the Falcon/ TIE and X-Wing/ Interceptor and each one has two figures (maybe the single AF ships have two, I can't remember) I wonder if the officer in those packs might be the same or one from an Interceptor or TIE?

Love that AT-TE by the way, I bought four or five of those.

I need to dig out all my AF, I've got a few rare ones. I am missing one of the Ep. 1 two packs, but I can't remember which one. Never saw those ones in single packs at retail.

JediGoofy
04-04-2008, 08:17 AM
Does anyone know which officer figure I could use that's the same one from another less rare Action Fleet for my Defender?
I have the TRU two packs with the Falcon/ TIE and X-Wing/ Interceptor and each one has two figures (maybe the single AF ships have two, I can't remember) I wonder if the officer in those packs might be the same or one from an Interceptor or TIE?

The officer contained in the TIE Defender is Moff Jerjerrod and it has a military cap.
There are other two Imperial Officers in the AF line: Grand Moff Tarkin with the TIE Fighter (same uniform but no cap), and Imperial Officer with Imperial Landing Craft (with cap but black uniform). :sad:
According to the Galoob Action Fleet Product List there is another Imperial Officer in the TIE Interceptor vs. Millennium Falcon Classic Duel, but I do not have it, so I do not know who he is. :cross-eye
No Imperial Officers in the TIE Fighter vs. X-wing Starfighter Classic Duel.
I also checked the AF Battle Packs but no Imperial Officers either.
Sorry not to be of help. :(

Ciao,
JediGoofy

Blue2th
04-04-2008, 09:29 AM
I had a feeling he would be hard to find. I seem to remember not seeing him in any single Action Fleet ships.
I was wondering about the Battlepacks, as I have all of those also.
I never checked the Falcon-TIE pack closely, so that will be my first place to look.
Thanks JG

Nightside
02-19-2009, 10:06 PM
OK, so the other day I scored a bag of Action Fleet ships (and X-ray ships) at a thrift store and my interest in the line has been rekindled.

My question to all of you is: Are there any sites that have good pictures of loose Action Fleet ships and figures? All the sites I've found tend to show boxed examples in which it's hard to see much detail.

Darth Duranium
02-19-2009, 11:59 PM
Great score, Night...

Sergiurusu's site's pretty good... Sicqnus' site is gone. Nice collection!

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/119889031Nugfnf

and

http://starwarsactionfleet.com/

cloneemperor
02-20-2009, 12:19 PM
I don't know how I missed this topic before. I don't want to contradict Warstar, but there was a couple (4?) Titanium Ultra vehicles that were Toys R Us exclusives. Anakin's Skywalker's yellow Episode 3 Jedi Starfighter, Clone Mars Micro Series deco Republic Gunship, TIE Fighter and X-Wing Fighter (Red 3). I own both the Jedi Starfighter and the Republic Gunship, and I have seen both of the others in eBay auctions here and there.

With Action Fleet, Series Alpha is really nice to have as well. I have almost all of them, but I recently got the Royal Starship set and the person who had it had opened it. I got the stand with 2 cross supports but no upright support, and the R2-D2 piece that goes inside wasn't there. I was not happy about that, but overall I really love the series.

Welcome to the world of collecting Action Fleet!

cloneemperor
02-20-2009, 12:21 PM
Are there any sites that have good pictures of loose Action Fleet ships and figures? All the sites I've found tend to show boxed examples in which it's hard to see much detail.

My website is in the final stages of revamp, and I am featuring boxed AND loose pictures of all my Action Fleet and Titanium Series. Shouldn't be longer than another couple weeks before it is in condition to reveal to the public.

JediTricks
02-24-2009, 07:13 PM
Always nice to see more interest rekindled in AF.

sergiurusu
02-25-2009, 12:22 PM
Always nice to see more interest rekindled in AF.

Indeed!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: