PDA

View Full Version : Galactic Heroes Sandtrooper

bigbarada
12-28-2006, 02:48 AM
There are two versions of the new Galactic Heroes Sandtrooper figure, one without a black stripe over his eyes and a correct one with the black stripe.

According to Rebelscum this was an error that was fixed "early" in production, but I seem to be finding them here locally in central Illinois in roughly equal numbers. It seems that for every case we get of the stripe-less version we also get a case with the striped version.

I've wondered why no one has mentioned it here before, and I am willing to consider the possibility that I'm the only person over 8 who collects this line.:p

Tycho
12-28-2006, 07:15 PM
and I am willing to consider the possibility that I'm the only person over 8 who collects this line.:p

*cough - cough* You're not the only person who buys this line, but don't tell anyone, OK? When do you think they'll make a Galactic Heroes Mouse Droid anyway?

El Chuxter
12-28-2006, 07:21 PM
Nah, these appear to be quite popular with us old farts. I've got all of them so far. Well, almost. I couldn't justify buying those massive sets for one repaint figure each.

Darth Jax
12-28-2006, 07:26 PM
i picked up the arena set, because i'd missed several of the aotc offerings. otherwise i get all the new releases.

now that you mention it, i'll probably pick up both sandtroopers if i can find them.

Tycho
12-28-2006, 09:48 PM
OK. Galactic Heroes are CUTE. I said it. Now I'll go away. Leave me alone. I just wanna play with my toys in my room! :upset:

*cough* Uh, do you think they'll make some more vehicles, perhaps Imperial or G.A.R. ones like a TIE Fighter, an AT-AT, or a Gunship? That'd be cool!

bobafrett
12-28-2006, 10:55 PM
I too enjoy the Galactic heroes line. You can see my trayed sets of GH figures, but I do have some open, like some Stormtroopers, Jaawas, and Tuskens. Also the Playskool Falcon.

Tycho
12-29-2006, 12:59 AM
The Playskool Falcon has been repackaged before.

I got 4 figures with mine, also. I can't remember which ones came with the ship at this moment though. Did they switch a stormtrooper out from Leia before? Or did the repack only come with 3 figures? [3 figures, they dropped the stormtrooper and I answered my own question]

I found a new idea to write a list from: the Playskool Adventure Packs:

Falcon - Han, Chewie, Stormtrooper, C-3PO
X-wing - Vader, Luke X-wing, R2D2
N-1: Maul, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Battle Droid
Reek: Anakin, Mace, Geonosian
Wampa: Wampa, TaunTaun, Han Hoth, Luke Hoth
Speederbikes: Wicket, Luke Endor, Bikerscout

bigbarada
12-29-2006, 02:29 AM
Good, I'm glad I'm not the only one. :pleased:

I've noticed that there seem to be an awful lot of kids buying these whenever I'm at Wal-Mart. They seem to be equal or just slightly less popular than the regular 4" line. I think the fact that you get two figures for $6 instead of just one in the 4" line is a big incentive. Plus they have little to no articulation and are made of very durable plastic, so they will last a long time at the bottom of the toy box.

Durability is kind of a lost art when it comes to toys these days. Sometimes I wonder if the toy companies intentionally design their product to break after the first few hours so kids' parents will have to go out and buy them a new toy.

Blue2th
12-29-2006, 02:31 AM
None of my buisiness but hey Big B, did you move away from the "Land of Enchantment" or should I say Entrapment (that's what we locals call it) New Mexico?........... I started to collect GH when they first came out. Then decided to I've got too many SW things. Man did I make a tidy profit on the Stormtrooper 2-pack, and Yoda with Clone when I sold them on eBay two Christmases ago. It made me almost want to be a $calper. I can imagine they are even more expensive now. Of course I lost money on the Bount Hunter packs I bought so it evened out.

bigbarada
12-29-2006, 02:47 AM
None of my buisiness but hey Big B, did you move away from the "Land of Enchantment" or should I say Entrapment (that's what we locals call it) New Mexico?...........

Yes, I moved to Illinois about mid-September of this year. It's kind of funny because in southern New Mexico there was little to no interest in Star Wars from kids at all. Here in central Illinois, where it's pretty much nothing but corn, wheat and soybean farms, Star Wars seems to be immensely popular among kids.

Off topic, but most of the corn grown here goes into Ethanol production. In fact, most of the farmers here have very high hopes for Ethanol and the soy based fuels.

Tycho
12-29-2006, 03:24 AM
Ethanol fuels might make for better mileage and less dependancy on foreign oil, which is a great thing.

Meanwhile, I'm not sure whether it is more environmentally friendly, but I know I haven't read that it's worse. I'll have to e-mail Al Gore.

Meanwhile, back to Galactic Heroes: yeah they are durable little suckers and there's barely any pieces to get lost, too.

By the way, I spent a few periods of my life in Illinois. It's a good state. What brought you up there, BigB?

Finally, if you look in the Just Found forums on any of the bigger Star Wars websites, you can get a better picture of where the hobby and where its enthusiasts are located. There is a huge imbalance with Los Angeles topping the charts with thousands of posts and it radiating out from there, with California being by far in the lead and states like Wyoming being non-existant for collectors (seemingly anyway).

I don't know what kind of demographical data we can correlate with the proliferation of Star Wars collecting, but we can take some stabs at it.

Income
Education
Religion
Population Size
Media Outlets
Average Age

I'm sure you can think of others and expand on these. It'll be interesting for sure.

bobafrett
12-29-2006, 08:34 AM
I've lived in Illinois all my life, and I like it where I am.

I am buying two sets of the Luke and Han in Stormtrooper guise sets for my obsession of having one to open and the second to have carded. I can't wait to put there helmets on and have them mingle with the other Stormtroopers.

Kidhuman
12-29-2006, 09:29 AM
I havent noticed the errors on them, actually, I dont htink i bought this pack becuase I have enough Bens.