PDA

View Full Version : I had no idea there was a blue Battle Droid out there!

General_Grievous
12-28-2006, 09:04 PM
I was just looking through the Episode I vehicles on Brian's Toys and I noticed a mini-rig-type AAT (called the Armored Scout Transport) with a Blue Battle Droid pilot. I had no idea that this existed! It came out in 2000 or so, and I had never seen it in stores. I bought it for about $7 from the website. I'm just ashamed that I didn't know about it earlier...

Blue2th
12-28-2006, 09:15 PM
What? I thought there was a POTJ blue trimmed pilot Battle Droid (or was that red trimmed security?) Didn't know about one packed with the scout tank? This one is sorely needed as a re-pack as his type appeared in Ep.1 and ROTS.

General_Grievous
12-28-2006, 11:56 PM
That was the red trimmed droid in the POTJ line. This one seems to have the same mold as the STAP Battle Droid.

El Chuxter
12-29-2006, 12:58 AM
It's not the same mold. It's similar, but with far less articulation.

The mini-tank is a pretty cool mini-rig, but the figure sucks. Sadly, it's the only Pilot Droid we've gotten in eight years. I guess the camo Battle Droid was a higher priority. :rolleyes:

JediTricks
12-29-2006, 07:25 PM
Yeah, I have this figure, it's got permanently-bent elbows and a kinda odd stance. Back when it came out, folks were swapping the limbs and head with the basic Ep 1 Battle Droid figure. One of the questions we recently asked in Q&A was about finally getting a pilot droid.

Jargo
12-30-2006, 02:44 PM
A two-pack with the blue marked pilot droid and Tey how would be cool. there's enough BD molds to make a blue marked one cheaply and they only need to modify the Lushros dofine sculpt slightly for Tey How. could be a fast seller with minimal outlay for hasbro. poor dumb hasbro....

Mad Slanted Powers
01-01-2007, 03:29 PM
What? I thought there was a POTJ blue trimmed pilot Battle Droid (or was that red trimmed security?) Didn't know about one packed with the scout tank? This one is sorely needed as a re-pack as his type appeared in Ep.1 and ROTS.There was the POTJ Battle Droid with the blue boomer damage, but the red security one was the only other one in that line.

mtriv73
01-03-2007, 11:42 AM
I remember buying that pack just for the blue battle droid. I was a little less than happy about wasting the money once I'd opened it. Since there are several in ROTS, maybe hasbro will do a blue battle droid repaint next year.

DarkArtist
01-04-2007, 10:40 AM
i would hate to see Hasbro actually re-release the original mold of the droid that came with the mini tank though. would be cool if Hasbro used the security droid mold and changed the paint apps or gave us a new sculpted battle droid, perhaps one that can fold up exactly like in TPM.

jedi master sal
01-04-2007, 04:14 PM
I got this way back when. I immediately customized him to have the EPI battle droid arms. (The standard one at the time.) IIRC, I switched his legs out too, but don't quote me on that.
Yeah, it sucks that they neve came out with this one.

I still feel that Hasbro should put the EPI battle droid back on the market.

Think of it this way too from their perspective of repaints, they'd get all of the following from this same mold:
Standard clean battle droid (tan)
Pilot droid w/blue markings
Security droid w/red markings
Commander droid w/yellow markings
Red Geonosis Battle droid
Red Geonosis Commander droid w/yellow markings
Plus any they want to make battle damaged. But if they just go with the ones listed, that' SIX different droids!

Plus they could easily come in battle packs.
Geonosis Battle Droid Battle pack:
1 Red Geonosis Commander droid w/yellow markings
4 Red Geonosis Battle droids

Phantom Menace Battle droid battle pack 1:
2 Pilot
2 Security
1 Commander

Phantom Menace Battle droid battle pack 2:
4 "Clean" Battle Droids (tan)
1 Commander

Revenge of the Sith Battle Droid battle pack:
4 Battle "worn" BDs (not damaged, but paint scraped and just old looking as opposed to when they first came off the assembly line)
1 Battle "worn" Commander

Simple enough.

Or just plain freakin' recard them and do a running change. But we need to have the best mold with the best plastic. For my money that's the EPI mold.

LusiferSam
01-07-2007, 12:43 PM
The only reason I bought that little scout tank was for the blue Battle Droid. Had that figure by available in some other form I would have skipped it.