PDA

View Full Version : What if Bail Organa wasn't on Alderaan when it exploded?

Jargo
12-28-2006, 09:04 PM
Yavin base. those uniforms everyone wears, they're Alderaanian right? So if Bail Organa had been there instead of on Alderaan he'd have worn the same Uniforms as General Dodona, Commanders Willard, Lajaie and Hudsol. right?

I was just trying to picture Bail in there with the others. Because I just imagined a Jimmy Smits composited into those scenes. maybe taking the place of Commander Willard. Willards line to Leia: "When we heard about Alderaan, we were afraid that you were...
lost along with your father."
could just as easily be from Bail. A militaristic father in the heat of panic about the looming death star. he'd have no time for gushiness so the response would be about right. make Father into Mother and it still works. in Leia's reply it would be simple enough to replace the word Comander with the word father she says the word in ROTJ so they could repitch that and slot it in. or have carrie do a recording session and dub it in.

yeah I know the purists will be howling with derision right about now. I'm only amusing myself with this. I'm not seriously suggesting it should happen. just wondering how it could be achieved if it was done. I suppose I was thinking about an earlier version of the script where Bail didn't die and was the one to hand over troops and fighters to take on the empire's forces. a story element I quite liked as it feels more like a classic storyline thing. I can see why it was ditched, it's easier for the rebels to pre-exist and to blow up the planet than to ache reaching for the convenience of Bail handing over his armed forces to the rebels.

so just imagine George had had the money to do the whole movie as one huge epic as he originally wrote it. with room to expand and expound. and try and see Bail there in the Hangar not Willard.

Jargo
01-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Hmmmmmmm.......

Kidhuman
01-03-2007, 05:01 PM
If he wasnt on the planet, I guess he would have been crying alot when he found out.

Rogue II
01-03-2007, 05:12 PM
He would have partnered with Sipowicz and busted some perps.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-03-2007, 05:46 PM
I kinda hope that Bail isn't put into ANH. I don't really like the scene in ROTS of Yoda clutching his heart after Anakin is named Vader (it feels a little out-of-place to me) and anything like a reaction shot would be the same.

I actually have no idea what this thread is about.

Darth Jax
01-03-2007, 08:09 PM
doesn't leia say in her message to ben to take the information contained within this R2 unit to her father on alderaan?

Jargo
01-04-2007, 07:40 AM
I think taking it to her father is a figurative thing. as in Bail represents the higher eschelons of the rebellion. so to put it another way. Ben, take this goddam plan to the top and don't stop baby! would be more accurate to what is intended.

it's a hypothetical thread. no suggestion that change is needed or would benefit the saga. just a what if sort of dealio. based on the stuff from earlier drafts of the script for ANH. Bail 'could have been around' but isn't. just go with it and imagine Lucas had left him alive.

Kidhuman
01-04-2007, 07:57 AM
Well MDP, what proof do we have that any of the members of the rebellion other than Bail knew Obi-Wan was still alive? Or even if Bail knew he was still alive? It might have been meant figuratively, but either way, its all hypothetical.

El Chuxter
01-04-2007, 08:33 AM
2-1B knew. Oh, yes, he knew.

Darth Jax
01-04-2007, 08:00 PM
Well MDP, what proof do we have that any of the members of the rebellion other than Bail knew Obi-Wan was still alive? Or even if Bail knew he was still alive? It might have been meant figuratively, but either way, its all hypothetical.

at the time (of ANH) we don't know who knows obi's alive. from ROTS we find out that bail definitely knows obi survived the great jedi purge.

Kidhuman
01-04-2007, 08:48 PM
At the end of ROTS he knows, alot can happen in 18 years, I am sure they werent pen pals

Jargo
01-04-2007, 09:11 PM
"I'm going into hiding on a remote little backwater planet called tatooine. i'll take the boy and watch over him. Should you ever need me all you have to do is whistle. you know how to whistle don't you.....?"

Leia knew. coz when she got caught out smuggling stolen data either she knew beforehand and it was common knowledge or the empire chasing her caused them to make a hasty detour and after a quick message to dad, Leia was able to address the holo message to Obi-Wan. rather than leaving a message like "If you should find this R2 unit please return it to Bail Organa, 33345, apartment 822, Old Thranta street, Alderaan...."

I can imagine Obi-Wan and Bail had some way of communicating during the whole exile period. how else did Obi know where to go in Mos Eisley if he hadn't been using smugglers before? sending and recieving data cylinders or whatever they used. maybe the smugglers were those elusive Bothans? I can see Obi riding into town with the jawas either on a Ronto or in a sandcrawler at an alloted time every lunar month or something. meeting with the bothan and recieving status reports from Bail about the efforts of the rebellion. maybe even advising Bail in some way. with return data cylinders. all scrambled code naturally.

Rocketboy
01-04-2007, 09:16 PM
What if Bail Organa wasn't on Alderaan when it exploded?
He probably owuld have said: "Aw crap! That was where I kept all my stuff!"