PDA

View Full Version : TOP TEN Phantom Menace Redux

Rollo Tomassi
08-22-2001, 02:11 PM
Here are the current standings according to previous lists. (Note: Once a figure goes into production, he comes off the list)

1. Wald/Kitster 2 -pack
2. Handmaidens
3. Jedi Council (people requested specific members with Yareal Poof and Yaddle topping the list, but mostly, it was "Jedi Council")
4. Gragra
5. Wookie Senator Yarua
6. E.T. Senator
7. Tey How
8. Orn Free Taa
9. Naboo pilot
10. Ann/Tan Gella

hmmm...How did the Gella's make it on the poll list when there are more desired figures? Crazy Hasbro. Anyway, other figures people wanted were:

Podrace Pilots
Mawhonic
Teemto Pagalies
Ben Quadrinaros
Dud Bolt
Rats Tyrell
Aldar Beedo

and these guys...

Erdan (the giant with black and white face tatoos)
Weazel (Warwick Davis in Watto's Box)
Lott Dodd (Trade Federation Senator)
Young Bib Fortuna
Diva Funquita (Jabba's Slave Dancer)
Jira ("Me bones are aching Ani...")
Rep Teers (gungan council member sitting next to Boss Nass)
Sei Teria (Asian assistant to Mas Ammeda/Chancellor Valorum)
(Name?) The cat guy in the orange spacesuit
(Name?) The black bald woman in Watto's box
(Name?) Watto's Welding droid

and....

Scopa "Speedo" Parraco (Rodian in blue jumpsuit at podrace.)

So those are the figures that EVERYBODY wants...who are the Phantom Menace figures YOU want? Hasbro is listening...here are mine:

Rollo Tomassi
08-22-2001, 02:19 PM
1. Handmaidens.
2. Scopa "Speedo" Parraco
3. Rep Teers
4. Tey How
5. Wookie Senator Yarua
6. Mawhonic
7. Wald/Kitster
8. Yareal Poof
9. Catman in spacesuit
10. PK Droids 3-pack

JediCole
08-22-2001, 05:10 PM
And now...the JediCole top 10 for Episode I:

1. Kitster/Wald two pack
2. Padme (Handmaiden in orange)
3. Lott Dodd
4. Rep Teers
5. Sei Terra
6. Ben Quadrieros/Rats Tyrell two pack
7. Naboo Pilot (w/full longcoat)
8. Ann/Tann Gella
9. Orn Free Taa (who may wind up on the EII rosters)
10. Yarau (Wookie Senator)

evenflow
08-22-2001, 06:42 PM
1. Yareal Poof
2. Oppo Ranscics
3. Yaddle
4. Wald/Kitster 2-pack
5. Yarua/ ET 2-pack
6. Even Piell
7. Weazel
8. HandMaidens (orange/yellow)
9. Orn Free Taa
10. Depa Billaba

JediCole
08-23-2001, 01:24 AM
Okay, a couple of thoughts on E.T. Senators ("Phone Home! I mean, VOTE NOW!"). Number one, and I am just guessing here, NOT GONNA HAPPEN! The presence of these little guys in a split second of film is something of a consession. To actually make official figures of them under the Star Wars banner would be a cross-licensing nightmare. I have mixed feelings about their presence in the Senate chambers in the first place, feelings I have pointed out in another forum and thread. But from the practical standpoint, I don't see it happening. Not to belittle anyone who genuinely wants them, but just try wishing into one hand...

Anyway, in regard to their presence in a STAR WARS film, it is rather ironic that LucasFilm "helped themselves" to someone elses properties while currently the most lucritive job for a lawer of late is to be on the LucasFilm legal team in the last three months (from the standpoint of billable hours). Lawsuits fly faster than Episode II rumors these days yet with Episode I it was open season on other peoples properties (like E.T. and 2001: A Space Odyssey). Keep that in mind if there ever is an E.T. Senator on the card...

evenflow
08-23-2001, 09:25 AM
I think we all know that it will probably never happen, but what is the harm of throwing it on the list. On mine it did not have it's own spot, but shared it with the Wookie Senator. I would love to see the Wookie Senator, but if they added the ET senator it would be funny and cool. Still, I think we all know it isn't going to happen.

Rollo Tomassi
08-28-2001, 08:36 AM
I have to agree about the E.T senator. Being a Universal/Amblin entertainment liscensed product, it probably won't be made for a Lucasfilm/20th Cent Fox toyline.

BUT...If Hasbro were to aquire the rights to produce E.T. toys and they HAPPENED to make a 3 3/4" figure for THAT line then (wink wink) someone might buy that figure for "Senatorial" purposes without it being an "official" Star Wars figure.

Either way, this is a WISH LIST and a lot of people WISH to see an E.T Senator. So it made the list.

BTW my extensive searches have NOT turned up a name for the three guys on my list yet, despite my best efforts. jargo is usually pretty good about finding character names (he directed me to Erdan in the visual dictionary). Does anybody have any idea about these guys? Especially the cat guy. He's just begging for an action figure, but he has no name as far as I can tell...

Lobito
09-05-2001, 06:42 PM
The remaining Jedi council, the pod racer pilots, Wookie and ET senators, Klister and the Rodian Boy.

Brave Sir Robin
09-09-2001, 12:50 PM
JediCole, Lucas did not actually "help himself" to the rights of other director's intelelctual property, he put the ETs and the 2001 pods in as hidden jokes/tributes to the other films. Did you know that in Close Encounters of the Thrid Kind, the lights from the spaceship form an upside-down R2-D2? That the Millennium Falcon appears in Blade Runner? All that Lucas is doing is paying homage to the other films that he loves.

GNT
09-10-2001, 05:02 AM
1. Orn Free Taa
2. Amidala in white dress w/globe of piece :)
3. New Cpt Panka w/Potj sculpting and rem hat
4. Naboo Guards (same as 3)
5. Random crowd members
6. Remaining Jedi Council memmbers :)
7 Remaining Podracers
8. Rep Teers

Rollo Tomassi
12-06-2001, 08:34 PM
The cat guys name is Jessan Mandu (not that anyone was voting for him anyway.)

Jargo
12-06-2001, 09:30 PM
I didn't see your plea before Rollo but if I had i wouldn't have known which cat guy you're on about. A mos Espa citizen? A pod mechanic? Where is this character?

Watto's welding droid is tiny, smaller than jake Loyd. It isn't as such a droid perse, more of a piece of animated equipment made to look droid-ish. it could coma as an accesory but that's all as it doesn't qualify under character parameters. it's just a few metal plates and a pneumatic arm stuck to a baseplate with a round thing jammed on top for a head. I'd nix that one Rollo.

The bald woman is more the domain of the official site jedi council I think as I don't read the EUbooks and haven't seen her in comics and stuff like that. Is she in the Novel of TPM because if so I haven't read it yet. I haven't bought it yet. I'm waiting for a trilogy omnibus book like the one for the OT. It costs less and takes up less space :D

Something I want to see banned from lists is the Ratts Tyerell family. Man that sucks like a bad joke at a funeral. They shouldn't have made so much about it and left them way back in the far distance. or left them out altogether.
So I propose as a substitute, The pirate smuggler who sat at the same table that Sebulba did. The one in black who looked really cool and laid back because he probably had no idea why the kid was talking to thin air when they filmed it. :P

master jedi
12-06-2001, 10:49 PM
1.Depa Billaba
2. Oppo Rancisis
3. Even Piell
4. Yaddle
5. Yarael Poof
6. Lott Dodd
7. George Lucas
8. Rick McCallum
9. Super f****** Rick McCallum
10. G. Lucas with directors chair that falls apart.

Rollo Tomassi
12-07-2001, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
I didn't see your plea before Rollo but if I had i wouldn't have known which cat guy you're on about. A mos Espa citizen? A pod mechanic? Where is this character?

When the Darth Maul probe is wandering around Mos Espa it wanders by a cat guy in an orange spacesuit with a helmet on his head. He's talkin' to himself. The reason he's talkin' to himself is because there was originally TWO aliens walking by, but George felt that cluttered up the scene too much, so they digitally removed one of the aliens. The other guy is still having a conversation with the now digitally removed second bloke, so he comes across as a wierdo. That guy.

Jargo
12-07-2001, 11:02 AM
Now I got you. :) Strange though because although i haven't seen the image for a long time, in my mnd I always have that guy in a white and black suit not orange. I'll have to have a look and refresh my memory. And no I still don't know his name but I'll keep my eyes peeled and my ears a waggin'. :)

Rollo Tomassi
12-07-2001, 11:20 AM
His face is black and white. Upon closer inspection he might not be cat-like after all but my initial impression the very first time I watched the movie was that he was some kind of kitty person, so the image stuck. Now I simply refer to him as "cat guy"...or I did until discovering his "real" name....

GNT
12-07-2001, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
His face is black and white. Upon closer inspection he might not be cat-like after all but my initial impression the very first time I watched the movie was that he was some kind of kitty person, so the image stuck. Now I simply refer to him as "cat guy"...or I did until discovering his "real" name....

I believe its a scull or the helmet is shaped like a scull (I know who your talking about :)Just havent seen it in a while though)

Eternal Padawan
05-15-2002, 10:36 PM
There's a lot of new traffic in here because of the imminent release of Episode II, so i thought I'd bump the ORIGINAL Top Ten lists up and give all the newbies a chance to add their two cents. As of today (this is a tracked poll believe it or not) the standings are:

10. Tey How
9. Wookiee Senator Yarua
8. Gragra the vendor
7. Even Piell (dear lord, why?!?!)
6. Wald/Kitster 2 pack
5. Amidala w/ globe of piece
4. Oppo Rancicis (What the?!?)
3. Yaddle
2. Handmaidens
1. Yareal Poof

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-21-2002, 06:18 PM
ET Senator
Wookie Senator
Finale Padme Amidala
Kitster
Quadrinero
Nemoidian Senator
Yaddle
Wald
SW Fan Club midget (the one who takes Jar Jar's Kaadu)
Rick McCallum

eliwankenobi
05-21-2002, 06:45 PM
Here's my Top 10... er... 3 - I can't think of 10 more I want from TPM. Anyway:

Padme Handmaiden
Amidala - Return to Naboo
Amidala - Peace Ceremony
Qui-Gon - Funeral Pyre

underdog25
05-21-2002, 10:33 PM
How about a battle droid builder set? They are small pieces of plastic anyway and wouldn't cost much to put 5 to 10 in a box. Give them different colors and have some split apart in different places to simulate run ins with Jedi:)