PDA

View Full Version : Oh, Canada!

Darth Michael
12-30-2006, 07:57 PM
I'm going to Edmonton in Alberta, Canada for two weeks on business. I'd like to attempt a little Titanium hunting while there. That is, assuming I don't freeze solid. It was -12C when I first checked the weather there (http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/cities/can/Pages/CAAB0103.htm). (It's a balmy -2C now. Whew!) And I'm used to Texas temperatures!

What retail chains in Canada (or Alberta) carry Titaniums? What are the Canadian equivalents to Target and WalMart? What differences, if any, might there be compared to Titaniums purchased in the States? I think there is significantly less French spoken over in Alberta, so the toys would wouldn't necessarily be tri-lingual.

pegger
01-13-2007, 04:05 PM
Just saw this....how was your trip?

to quickly answer - the major chains you'll find titaniums at are Walmart, Toys R Us and Zellers (the Canadian "equivilant" of Target - only it sucks more)

Even though there is almost no French in Alberta, the cards will be tri-logo (or bi-lingual) The only real difference is the back of the card -it's generic. If you are in Edmonton, you're best best is go to West Ed Mall. It's freaking huge, and will have everything you're looking for.

Hope you liked it, Edmonton is a nice place.

Darth Michael
01-13-2007, 05:22 PM
I'm still in Edmonton. And it is COLD! It was -30C earlier this week. It's "warmed up" to -12C today.

Since we don't have a rental car, we probably won't be heading out to The Mall on this trip. I've been to it before, though. This afternoon, I hiked out to a Toy'R'Us within walking distance. (In this cold, that is 5 blocks.) There wasn't much selection, unless you were looking for a Sandcrawler or a Transformer. I picked up a tri-lingual Titanium Trade Federation AAT. The paint looked a bit different, but I won't know 'til I compare it to online pictures or my AATs at home.

There might be a Zellers nearby. I'll have to check. And it will have to warm up. I've been back from TRU for over an hour and I'm still cold!

pegger
01-13-2007, 06:02 PM
Oh...it can get colder than that!!!!

Have some Southern Comfort....that'll warm ya right up!!!

ps - Be gald it ain't Winnipeg....-48C (with the wind) this morning.

at least here in Cambridge it's a balmy 5C!