PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars arcade style X-wing simulator

MyGames
01-01-2007, 01:27 PM
What movie is this game a spin off from? It is on auction at ebay, being sold by the stationonline.

Thanks.

bobafrett
01-01-2007, 05:53 PM
Not a clue, unluss it was the standup version of the Trilogy Arcade one from several years ago. But even then it said Star Wars Trilogy on it, so I'm pretty sure that isn't the one I'm thinking of.

plasticfetish
01-01-2007, 06:12 PM
What movie is this game a spin off from?I think it's from Gone with the Wind.

:ermm:

El Chuxter
01-02-2007, 12:36 AM
That looks like the original arcade game from around 1979-1980 or somewhere thereabouts. It's a cool game, pretty advanced for the time.

JediTricks
01-02-2007, 12:42 AM
This is the classic 1983 "Star Wars" arcade, the upright cabinet version (it was also offered in a sit-down full cabinet), it's the most well-known Star Wars game with actual voice clips and vector graphics of Luke's X-wing attack on the Death Star. It is based on the original Star Wars, Episode IV: A New Hope. Atari, the developer, later created a poor add-on system to convert it to the Empire Strikes Back.

plasticfetish
01-02-2007, 04:58 AM
Oh... so it's not Gone With the Wind?

lol

Lord Malakite
01-03-2007, 08:24 PM
This is the classic 1983 "Star Wars" arcade, the upright cabinet version (it was also offered in a sit-down full cabinet), it's the most well-known Star Wars game with actual voice clips and vector graphics of Luke's X-wing attack on the Death Star. It is based on the original Star Wars, Episode IV: A New Hope. Atari, the developer, later created a poor add-on system to convert it to the Empire Strikes Back.

I'm a bit late in responding to this but JT is indeed correct.

I would also like to add that if you have never played the 1983 arcade game of "Star Wars," its arcade conversion "Empire Strikes Back," or the later released arcade game "Return of the Jedi" you can do so today cheaply and with little hassle. All three games are available as unlockable bonuses in "Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike" for the GameCube.

plasticfetish
01-03-2007, 11:39 PM
...or if you're ever in Portland, you can play it at Ground Kontrol (http://www.groundkontrol.com). ;)

Slicker
01-03-2007, 11:41 PM
I think it's from Gone with the Wind.

plasticfetish
01-03-2007, 11:52 PM
See... OK... I thought so too, but everbody else was all... "Hey, it's from Star Wars!" (No idea where they got that idea) and I had to go along with it.

Oh yeah... ;)

El Chuxter
01-04-2007, 02:26 AM
No, it's definitely Star Wars. However, if you blow up the Death Star six times, you hear Clark Gable's digitized voice saying that he doesn't give a damn. So I can see the cause for confusion.

plasticfetish
01-04-2007, 02:56 AM
If you can manage to blow up the Death Star six times, I'd bet that Clark Gable would come back from the dead and give you a hug. That game gets really hard after the fourth pass through.