bobafrett
01-01-2007, 11:07 PM
January 2007 hauls start here!

I got the titanium Star Destroyer

Galactic heroes Han and luke in trooper armor X 2

Galactic heroes Han and Greedo

Galactic heroes Wedge and Tie pilot

Galactic heroes Obi Wan and Sandtrooper

Unleased battlepack with Han and Tauntaun and Chewbacca (I like the hoth assortment)

JediTricks
01-02-2007, 02:08 AM
Bah! Missed it by 1 post!

Pirates of the Caribbean Secrets of the Deep Tai Huang - since there'd be the occasional asian guy among pirate crews in the old pirate movies, I figured I'd pick this preview figure up. The figure is alright, the sculpt isn't that accurate to the actor but is pretty decent none the less. The softer plastic for the head and limbs made for a removable head and some worrying moments as the arm joints nearly gave way, but ultimately it came out fine. The sword is too rubbery but fits well in his belt, the other side of the belt is open for the pistol but it's odd because of how open it is. The figure holds his accessories well, and isn't too overly-posed. Grade: B

jedi master sal
01-04-2007, 10:32 AM
Just got the following in the mail from an eBay auction:
#18 BITH BLACK SUN VIGO
#10 REBEL CAPTAIN X2
#35 HUMAN BLASTER-FOR-HIRE
#38 KLATOOINIAN HUNTER
#40 MISTRYL SHADOW GUARD
#57 MANDALORIAN COMMANDER
#56 MANDALORIAN BLADEMASTER
#50 WEEQUAY LEADER
#48 TUSKEN RAIDER SNIPER
#46 RODIAN HUNT MASTER X2

SW STARSHIP BATTLES
#40 PALPATINE'S SHUTTLE
#60 VULTURE DROID STARFIGHTER ADV X12

That whole deal only cost $24.33 (shipped!)
That's for 25 minis.

Rogue II
01-04-2007, 11:34 AM
I finally got the Endor Luke. Found him at the same grocery store that had the White Endor soldier. His knees look like they should bend, but I can't seem to get them to do it. I don't want to force it and break it. Anyone else have this problem?

mtriv73
01-04-2007, 11:47 AM
I finally got the Endor Luke. Found him at the same grocery store that had the White Endor soldier. His knees look like they should bend, but I can't seem to get them to do it. I don't want to force it and break it. Anyone else have this problem?

Yes, go over to galactic hunter (but just for a minute and then hurry back), they addressed this question in their Q&A this week. (They also have their figure of the day article and they looked at this Luke a few days ago.) The knee joint is a little too tight and you have to work it back and forth a bit to loosen it. You could also dip it in hot water before you try to bend it the first time also. Just be careful, I had the same problem with the arm on a sandtrooper from the evolutions pack and ended up snapping it in 2.

As for hauls, so far this month I've bought a comic 2-pack with vader and the trooper, a gallon of milk, and some cereal.

LusiferSam
01-04-2007, 12:58 PM
I picked up the Lego Sail Barge, TIE Interceptor, and Batcave sets from Wal-Mart and Target yesterday. Both places were nearly cleaned out. I was hoping one or the other would have the stuff on sale, but they didn't. :frus: I was also really hoping to find the Lego ISD. But nobody seems to have that one in stock, including S@H and Amazon. :frus: :frus:

JediTricks
01-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Master Replicas ROTS Vader Lightsaber Scaled Replica - $10 at Frys, I figured "what the heck". Honestly though, like most of the ROTS saber designs this saber design is uninspired so MR could only do so much. There's nothing here really worth mentioning good or bad. Grade: C+

I finally got the Endor Luke. Found him at the same grocery store that had the White Endor soldier. His knees look like they should bend, but I can't seem to get them to do it. I don't want to force it and break it. Anyone else have this problem?They "fixed" the knees from the first version of the figure, which had the opposite problem. They're a little stiff but shouldn't be too bad after you get them moving.

Rocketboy
01-04-2007, 10:07 PM
They "fixed" the knees from the first version of the figure, which had the opposite problem. They're a little stiff but shouldn't be too bad after you get them moving.That's what she said.

JetsAndHeels
01-04-2007, 11:54 PM
That's what she said.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA.

HA.

ok...

picked up the new "Man of Steel" series silver bulletproof superman figure

also got the new TMNT Leo figure

some packs of football and nba cards

tickets to the carolina game last night

El Chuxter
01-05-2007, 12:18 AM
Finally found an Endor Luke with the eye in the right place. It's only the third Luke I've seen, period.

figrin bran
01-05-2007, 02:33 AM
Master Replicas ROTS Vader Lightsaber Scaled Replica - $10 at Frys, I figured "what the heck". Honestly though, like most of the ROTS saber designs this saber design is uninspired so MR could only do so much. There's nothing here really worth mentioning good or bad. Grade: C+

boo!!! it sounds like you're grading the design and not necessarily the product itself, which i felt to be a good execution.

JediTricks
01-05-2007, 05:26 PM
To be honest, the design lends itself to cheap work, and the work on the actual saber lives down to that. Look at the activation box, chrome-on-plastic, a cheap plastic attachment to the ring, it's not particularly good work. And there's very little detail at the emitter shroud, even less inside it, and none of that is done with much style. And finally, the grips aren't all the same height, some are attached a little higher than others. There, now you got a more complete review out of me which supports my claim. :p

Kidhuman
01-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Titaniums: Grievous Starfighter and Modified Anakins JSF

GH: Chewie and take apart 3po

Kidhuman
01-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Had to make a run to WM and they had Superman Returns DVD for on ly 5 bucks, needless ot say, I hauled one out of the store in January.

General_Grievous
01-06-2007, 11:26 AM
I picked up the Jedi vs. Darth Sidious battlepack at Target last night.

LTBasker
01-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Good Batmobile score today, a wal-mart had a bunch of Corgi ones on $5.00 clearance including some HTF ones.

1x 1990's Batmobile (with large canopy and single seat cockpit)
1x 1930's Batmobile
2x 1980's Batmobile (with little Batman in the seat)

Also,
1x Pillow
1x Box of tacks for hanging more stuff :crazed:
1x Bathroom 2-shelf/towel wall rack
1x KFC Famous Bowl for lunch

Blue2th
01-07-2007, 07:24 PM
After looking everywhere yesterday I finally found the remaining comic 2-pack I didn't have, Tarkin with Stormtrooper. I saw two, but the one I didn't buy the Stormtrooper's red eye slots were missing half the paint. This comic 2-pack seems to be the one always sold out. I guess somebody is army building? Just for fun, I'd like to see Boba Fett done this way. He'd probably have alot of kelly green like Tarkin. edit....Hey, I just realized I hit 800 posts! What in the heck have I been talking about 800 times?

JediTricks
01-08-2007, 05:53 PM
Transformers Cybertron Megatron (t.rex) - this is a replacement for the one I bought with the backwards shoulder, now I need to return that one and get my money back. Still a nifty figure tho'.

Hot Wheels G-Machines 1:24 '71 Plymouth 'Cuda - decent work, I generally don't go in for these classics cars "tuned", but they did good work here, it's like a drag racer mixed with street, and they even de-chromed the centers of the wheels (not a fan of chrome wheels). The paint is nice and simple, orange with black elements for the hood and spoiler. The car's lines are bulked up in the back a little but fairly true to the source material, the hood, trunk, and doors all open to moderate detailing within. Very nifty for $10. Grade: B+

LEGO Clone Troopers Battle Pack - about $4 overpriced at $10, it only has 58 pieces, 4 minifigs, and 2 lame built elements - the gun emplacement and the 2-seater speederbike - the best thing about the set is its inclusion of 3 of the new Stormtrooper blasters, it also has the longer rifle but that's not as exciting. 2 of the Clones are plain white clones, 1 is a yellow-striped commander but they only painted the collar onto the torso so no extra element, and 1 is a red shocktrooper who gets a more detailed paint job than the others (the helmet on shocky there had flash in the visor area which was a pain to cut out). The new blaster is great, a nice size and is held very well; the new rifle is longer and seems a bit much, it's not held as easily due to a long stock. The gun emplacement is simple and short, somewhat disappointing. The speederbike is really lame because it's SO long, uses 3 RACERS engine blocks for details, and just doesn't really look all that good; the thing uses a round 2x2 plate for another blaster emplacement holder. And the set doesn't have 1 extra piece. All in all, it's an ok set in that it bolsters my troops and has the cool new weapon, but it's a let-down as a LEGO building set. Grade: C

LEGO Droids Battle Pack - is NOT overpriced, it's 102 pieces, has 4 battle droids, 3 super battle droids, and 2 new vehicles - makes that last BP look like a pile of puke. The box shows all 4 battle droids sporting the classic loudhailer blasters but in fact there's only 2, "oh no, what will I do with only 4,998 loudhailer blasters instead of 5,000???" :p I wish they had included the new blaster with this set as well, battle droid blasters look very similar to stormtrooper blasters, but we'll have to wait till summer for that. The Super Battle Droids are dark oily gray in color rather than the blue from the Ep 2 sets, but are still the same backless design unfortunately. The new STAP is vastly superior to previous version seen in '99, but is far from accurate and still is built around a clear cannon stand (though here you can easily change the build so it doesn't need that). The other vehicle is a armored troop transport that holds 3 SBDs and 2 BDs, and is piloted by another BD in an amored turret in the front which rotates about 15 degrees side to side and has elevating cannons near the bottom (they are still using the free-turning 2x2 turntable, I really wish they'd make one that has friction), this transport looks pretty nifty and is quite solid. You get a lot with this set, plus 4 extra pieces, 7 minifigs plus 2 vehicles is an army in a box! Grade: B+

LEGO General Grievous' Starfighter - an interesting situation, it's a nifty LEGO set but it's more like someone's MOC based loosely around seeing Grievous' Fighter briefly than the actual movie model. Grievous is the same lackluster white minifig as last time but without the cape, they should at least have given him Super Battle Droid legs instead to give him better height and shape. Grievous has 4 lightsabers with gray instead of chrome hilts, and 1 new Stormtrooper blaster (yay!) which is what his blaster looked like in the film. The vehicle is a nice enough build and comes off not wobbly or weak at all, the engines are built sideways and then attached via technic, it's like a tougher version of a Naboo fighter with a more clever design, and there's some good detailing around the front half but the cockpit area is too skinny and plain. The set has a few features, the main one being a keen slide-open cockpit, the whole middle of the fuselage slides forward and back, and locks into place; the guns tilt up and actually can tilt all the way over to hide behind the wings, semi-hidden guns are cool; and the tail is on a click-hinge which may be out of necessity, but since the tail does change orientation slightly in the movie, it has play value. The cockpit lets the figure rattle around a bit, but he is closed off from space and does fit, I was able to get an Obi-Wan figure to fit inside but it's an awkward fit with his arms all the way up in front of his face (still, I'll take it) - I'm thinking of raising the seat area up 1 stud to compensate for the rattling. If this vehicle had a bolder rear section, it'd be much more accurate, as it is it's got the right look from the rear 3/4 view and is otherwise just a nifty set to have in its own rite. I like it a lot, love the sliding canopy feature, and it has a smart and interesting build, but accurate it is not. Grade: B

LusiferSam
01-10-2007, 11:59 PM
A little bird told me Target had restocked a bit, so I was able to pick up the Lego ISD yesterday. What a beast. I'm going to have to do some hardcore rearranging of my Lego shelfs to house it. Normally that wouldn't be a problem, but this is the fourth large Lego set I've gotten in the last couple of weeks.

Rocketboy
01-11-2007, 12:04 AM
Finally found Guitar Hero 2 for PS2 today.

figrin bran
01-11-2007, 12:07 AM
I got a JLU Atom Smasher in the mail today

Kidhuman
01-11-2007, 07:00 AM
Picked up Titanium Amaidala Skiff today.

jedi master sal
01-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Got Chewie, Maul and Greivous Mini Busts.
MANY SW starship battles minis.
4 more sets of the Mace Windu Battle pack (at $9.98!)
4 LEGO battle droid battle packs
1 LEGO clone trooper battle pack
LEGO V-wing set
Complete set of Animated Clone wars bust-ups including all of the clone variants, but not the smoke Anakin variant.
Cantina Band member Bust-up set
2 Republic Commando-Delta Squad sets
.33 MR Han Blaster
.33 MR Stormtrooper Blaster
X2 442nd troopers
X3 5th fleet security
X1 Battle droid two-pack
X1 AOTC sgt
X1 R5 droid
X1 Super Battle Droid

I think that's about it for now.

I have a deal with Dindae for several figs. Awaiting some more pre-orders to deliver.

Oh, oh! And I just got my e-mail that my Republic Commando Maquette is shipped and on the way!!!

Jargo
01-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Picked up a few recent bits and bobs i was missing. Loose from ebay:

General Dodona
ANH Captain Antilles x2
Dutch Vander
Exclusive Wedge Antilles
Vintage Luke x-wing pilot
R4-M9 & MSE droid
Gonk and Treadwell
Flip visor Biker scout
R3-T6
R4-K5
Vintage tusken raider
Vintage greedo
Dud Bolt & Mars Guo
Gragra
R5-D4 x3
WA-7

kool-aid killer
01-12-2007, 02:21 PM
First toy pickup of 2007, i got the Republic Commando set today. Im in slump right now.

HanSololol
01-12-2007, 02:57 PM
I got somc lassic star wars toys from mcdonald's from my grandma.

They are not packaged but they r in good condition its what made me want to collect star wars toys.

El Chuxter
01-12-2007, 02:59 PM
McDonald's, you say?

I'm not sure I've seen these before. Do you have a picture, or can you describe them? I'd like to see what I'm missing.

HanSololol
01-12-2007, 03:22 PM
I dont have any pictures because i don't have a camera but they are plastic and have really big heads. the millennium Falcon one, a one with a blue lightsaber and darth vader.

El Chuxter
01-12-2007, 03:28 PM
Oh, okay. You had me worried that I'd missed some stuff. :)

Those actually sound like the toys that were offered at Burger King in 2005. Are you sure they're from McDonalds?

bobafrett
01-12-2007, 03:34 PM
I picked up the following

2 X 501st Legion trooper (not the SSDC one) greatest battles

Unleashed battle 501st Vaders legion troopers

Titanium Die Cast Obi Wan's Jedi Starfighter

Titanium Die Cast Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter

Titanium Die Cast Darth Maul's Sith Speeder

Galactic Heroes "Escape from the Death Star" cinema pack

HanSololol
01-12-2007, 03:35 PM
Mabe they are i dont know my grandma said that they were from somewhere, I thought it was a fast food chain she said so I assumed McDonald's. I havent seen anyone but MCD's make toys like that so yeah

Blue2th
01-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Finally bought the Titanium Bossk after he went to $4.53 at Target. I have all the other ones, and I saw one that didn't have a crushed package so..... I know this is kind of a non-event. :ninja:

El Chuxter
01-12-2007, 05:10 PM
I picked that little booger up yesterday as well. For less than $5, it finally seemed worth it.

Since he doesn't look like the regular figure, that is.

Blue2th
01-12-2007, 05:17 PM
I picked that little booger up yesterday as well. For less than $5, it finally seemed worth it.

Since he doesn't look like the regular figure, that is.
Yeah, passed on the "limited patina finish" one.

kool-aid killer
01-12-2007, 08:09 PM
I just picked up the Lego Knights Kingdom Gargoyle Bridge set. On clearance for $18. Not really the best looking of knights sets, but it will work, plus it has three people in it.

Rogue II
01-12-2007, 08:21 PM
Picked up the Cantina Tin for $15 at WM.

Ji'dai
01-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Bought a LEGO Jabba's Sail Barge at WM this morning. First time I've seen one since Thanksgiving. Full price, but it's a great looking set. Can't wait to build it.

Walked into Suncoast around lunchtime to find that the store is closing this Sunday. Total surprise for me and a friggin' shame. All merchandise was 75% off, but the things I wanted - mainly the MR lightsabers and some figures - were already sold out. I did get a couple McFarlane Simpsons' Couch Gag sets for $6.25.

Jargo
01-13-2007, 04:04 PM
Picked up a few recent bits and bobs I was missing. Loose from ebay:

General Dodona x2
General Madine
ANH Captain Antilles x4
Dutch Vander
Exclusive Wedge Antilles
Vintage Luke x-wing pilot
R4-M9 & MSE droid
R-3PO
Gonk and Treadwell
Death star briefing box set
Moff Jerjerrod
Admiral Ozzel
Death star gunner
Flip visor Biker scout
R3-T6
R4-K5
Vintage tusken raider
Vintage greedo
Dud Bolt & Mars Guo
R5-D4 x3
C-3PO Endor
WA-7

If i can get away with it I'm buying more coz the exchange rate between the GBP and USD is fantastic right now. Almost two dollars to the pound. It's cheaper than buying from the European mainland.

kool-aid killer
01-13-2007, 05:32 PM
I picked up a Saga battle droids two pack today. I went to a bookstore that was closing up shop and picked up the following books:

DK's The Marvel Encyclopedia "the definitive guide to the characters of the Marvel universe"

DK's Smithsonian Institution Animal "the definitive visual guide to the world's wildlife"

Al Pacino in conversation with Lawrence Grobel

and finally, Star Wars the New essential guide to Alien Species

All for 40% off. Completely unexpected and theyve tossed my two week budget out the window, but the deal was too good to pass up on.

figrin bran
01-13-2007, 09:16 PM
Transformers Classics Jetfire
Sigma 6 Mantis Mech
JLU Justice Lords (for custom fodder)
a couple packs of football and basketball cards

JediTricks
01-14-2007, 06:18 AM
Sanyo SCP-7000 Sprint Cellphone - my old cell took a few too many spills and became unreliable, occasionally shutting itself off, so I traded it in on a ruggedized new phone (it's not fully ruggedized, just rubberized and a little toughened). However, it's a little larger, has a slightly muddy sound, and less features than my old phone (which was their freebie back in the day for cod's sake!) so I'm thinking of exchanging it for something else since they give that option. It does get pretty decent reception (though when at 2 bars or more it gets a little patchy) and supposedly it sounds super-clear on the listener's end of the call, and the web browser can actually view a few sites like SSG that my old one couldn't, so if you're thinking of a new freebie-level phone from Sprint PCS, this ain't too bad.

Corgi Star Trek Die-Cast Klingon Bird of Prey - this line never showed up in my area, so I had no idea what to expect, I tried to buy from EE but they haven't gotten it in yet. Checked ebay and saw a disturbing statement: it was 4" by 5", dinky for something that MSRPs for $25! I found one from www.flyingmule.com for $10 plus $8 shipping, much better, so I bought it. The packaging is a tube design, seems fancy but more for cars, not spaceships; it's resealable, though the stand halves are on blisters on either end so don't rip them all the way off if you want to reuse. The ship is pretty small, like a thin Action Fleet vehicle, and fairly lightweight, but has a satisfying sculpt and very nice paintjob. There are some pretty well-done little sculpted details, though naturally the metal sculpt is never going to be as sharp as the plastic elements. The wings are not movable sadly, but are fixed in the right position. The cannons and upper rear hull are plastic but blend nicely with the metal elements and have a crisp, unwarped shape. The paint is top notch, although the dayglow-orange engines should really be red. The stand is a thin, painted Klingon Empire logo plugged into a black base, there's even a rubber collar between it and the ship, there's no fancy angle and it just looks good. The ship looks to be close to scale with my Art Asylum Enterprise-A (the K-BoP was much smaller than the Ent). My only other complaints are that the the photon torpedo tube is too simple, the sculpted copyright logos are a bit much, and they didn't sculpt the side-hatch on the bridge. Overall, it's a nice ship that does justice to the source material, but feels like it'd be $10-overpriced if I had paid full price, and it really should have had movable wings. Grade: B

El Chuxter
01-14-2007, 05:42 PM
I bought a new pair underwear. My old pair had a hole in it.

Phantom-like Menace
01-15-2007, 01:50 AM
Pretty cool toy day:

I grabbed the Cantina Band set today, set them up in my cantina diorama.

Grabbed the Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Brawn, and Windcharger keychains, snipped the chains off and set them up with G1 reissue Prime--pretty sweet!

Got Super Hero Showdown Punisher for $1.68 on clearance at Target but haven't opened it yet.

Got Marvel Legends Longshot for $1.72 at Target, oddly experiencing a tad bit of buyer's remorse for buying Mullet Boy at any price.

Got a miniature Kotobukiya ED-209 for half off--$4.50 I think.

Got another 442nd Siege Battalion clone (only my second).

Snagged another Saga Sandtrooper in anticipation of trying to customize a Tom Servo a la Troops.

Blue2th
01-15-2007, 07:36 PM
Don't usually buy anything McFarlane, but I have the previous two series 1 of Tom and Jerry. Saw the Tom and Jerry series 2 Hanna Barbera on sale at Walmart and bought it. I'm a big fan of Jonny Quest so I bought that one too.

bobafrett
01-15-2007, 08:09 PM
Picked up the Lego battle packs with the clone troopers. I buit them at lunch at Wally-Mart.

Slicker
01-16-2007, 03:08 PM
I picked up the AT-ST LEGO set (I'll build it later and time myself and report back), Jedi vs. Darth Sidious BP, Maul Sith Training, and 4 of the new Titaniums.

JetsAndHeels
01-16-2007, 10:49 PM
Got some nice hauls over the past few days...went down to Myrtle Beach over the weekend so here is what I got:

Superman hat
dvd of classic TMNT episodes
a bunch of football cards from the card shop down there
the rest of the tmnt figures from the movie i needed
JLU 3 pack of superman, wonder woman, and batman
superman "man of steel" zipline superman figure
college hoops 2k7 for the ps2

Rocketboy
01-16-2007, 11:52 PM
I picked up The Fugitive/US Marshalls DVD for $10.

figrin bran
01-17-2007, 01:55 AM
i just picked up 3 Lego clone packs from kbtoys.com. here's hoping my order doesn't get cancelled like the TF Classics Jetfire i ordered last month.

Kidhuman
01-18-2007, 08:36 PM
Picked up a Tantive IV Titanium. Got a Scorch Figure and Cantina Tin from Slick in the mail today.

JediTricks
01-18-2007, 08:54 PM
GI Joe Sigma 6 Mission Scale Tube - one of the Target holiday tubes with 3 mission-scale figures in it, found it at Target, no price, so I got it for under a buck. Tube has Long Range whom I already have, Duke, and a Ninja BAT. I need more guys to man the vehicles, so another Long range ain't too bad (though he's got 1 gun-toting arm and 1 preposed arm, not terribly useful). The Ninja BAT, while being white instead of silver AND a preposed statue, is surprisingly cool due to his arms being able to extend out quite a ways. Finally, Duke is a very nifty figure but not only are his legs preposed, his right one is glued into a stupid base, so I cut that thing off. Duke's got standard hips and neck, plus universal-jointed shoulders and a universal-jointed upper torso which is so surprising to see in a figure this small, and it works great too. Both hands are permanently holding a switchfire pistol, and his nose is a bit too broad for Duke, but still even with the action-pose legs it should work great in the vehicles.

LEGO Creator Cool Cars (4939) - a decent $10 set, you get 206 pieces and even though most are small it's still a very good value. And if you're looking for those new smooth angle tiles, this set has 18 yellow, 12 trans-smoke, 4 dark gray, and 2 black. I built all 3 included instructions, the variety is perfect because each covers some different building styles. The racecar works with a few small facade ideas, it's a nice-lookin' car overall, I disagree with the instructions that it should use the "spokes" side of the wheels, looks better with the "rivets" side. The truck is very cool and larger than you'd expect even while you're building it, the concept here is more about greebling with whatever you have to make details, it's an unusual build but comes out satisfyingly and even has opening doors, again I disagree with the instructions using the "rivets" wheel sides and used the "spokes" side for the front end as many trucks have mismatched wheel hubs like that. Then the main build is the sports car with opening trunk and gullwing doors, this one uses all the pieces and comes out ok but the lines need tightening up in the rear. The car is wide and low-slung, from the front it has aggressive yet sporty lines which continue into the cab area. Things get less exciting after the cab with a hatchback and a rear end that pulls in. The hatchback opens to reveal a trunk open to the road, while the gullwing doors swing up showing off a nifty little interior with a fair amount of detail at this size. The car is slightly smaller than minifig scale, if minifigs were real people it'd be in their scale since they could bend their legs and duck down, but it'd require rebuilding up 3 studs higher or so to get them into this, and it might be worth doing. This is a great building set even if the models aren't perfect, each has something satisfying and is worth checking out, and 2 of the models are each worth the price of admission on their own. Grade: A-

Slicker
01-18-2007, 09:38 PM
Got a Scorch Figure and Cantina Tin from Slick in the mail today.I hope all arrived in good shape?

LTBasker
01-18-2007, 11:33 PM
StarGate Series 2-

Serpent Guard Teal'c x2
Black Ops Teal'c x2
Offworld Teal'c x2
Samantha Carter x2
Thor x2
Unpainted Offworld Teal'c x1

Kidhuman
01-19-2007, 12:43 AM
It arrived in great shape Slick. I also grabbed Futurama Season 3 tonight as well.

Rocketboy
01-19-2007, 01:29 AM
Snagged "Detroit Red Wings: A Celebration of Champions" 4 disc DVD set I've had my eye on for a year or so now.
3 documentaries on the 1997, 1998, and 2002 Cup winning years.
"Moments of Magic" documentary of the team history.
5 complete(!) classic games.

2 tickets to the OHL All-Star game on the 31st (with appearances by the Stanley Cup and Wayne F*cking Gretzky)!

JediTricks
01-20-2007, 04:05 PM
Titanium Series 3" AT-TE - it's a'ight, only the top shells are metal but it fools you well into thinking more is. The hips move but without knees and ankles it's sorta moot, and the main turret rotates. I can't get any of the ball turret cannons to move, I suspect they aren't designed to. The main cannon is slightly stubbier than I was expecting, it's acceptable this way due to breakage threats and such, but on mine it's also bent upwards a little. I dig that they sculpted a real underside on this. The thing I like the most about this AT-TE is it stands tall, it's not a ground-hugger like the LEGO version or even the Hasbro Action Fleet one, this may mean the Titanium stands TOO tall but it works for me. The paint is weathered heavily but obviously a mask because it doesn't cover certain areas. Grade: B

Jada Toys Dub City 1:18 Concept Camaro - no idea why Jada got the Camaro concept 1:18th-scale license over all the others out there, nor why they put it in their "Dub City" line which is usually a line of heavily modified cars rather than this which is a straight port of the mighty concept car due out in production in '09. Jada leaves the lines alone and makes a very sweet port of an awesome new car. Their design is a little cheap under the hood, and their chrome looks cheaper than most, but they paint just about everything that needs painting. The wheels rotate independent of the disc brakes inside, nice touch, but the front wheels don't turn left-right which is a drawback. The trunk, hood, and doors open nicely revealing a tiny empty trunk, an engine facade (which is ok) and a detailed cab interior. The vehicle has a great heft to it and is surprisingly large, most of the build feels solid, and the box is windowed from all sides except the bottom and even has interior plastic walls and a crossbar on top to keep from being crushed. Grade: A-

LEGO Creator Fast Flyers (4953) - another amazing set, just over 300 pieces for $20 and these are REAL pieces this time. All 3 sets in the instructions are great, though only the main set uses enough pieces to be worth the $20. The helicopter is the smallest but far more handsome than I was expecting, no landing gear (this is the kind where if it had it, it'd fold away) but the rotor and tail rotor spin freely; the tail rotor being a clip-on is very clever and surprisingly effective. The hovercraft is the build I was most looking forward to, it's not quite as keen as I was hoping because it's a little small and the rear isn't sealed in, but it looks nifty from the front and sides and it uses building techniques I hadn't thought of before that aren't found in the rest of this set. Finally, the main build, the jet plane, it's amazing! It's well over a foot long but feels quite solid and ultra-swooshable, it's based on the recently-retired F-14 Tomcat, and when you pull out the tail the wings swing forward! The swing wings are done amazingly well and even have a movable aileron on each, the final stop point is 90 degrees out which is a little further than a real F-14, but you can adjust it back a little or change the spacer on the technic rod inside to a full-length from the half-length one and it'll work. The set is a bit colorful, mostly white but with a lot of red and blue, and has only a facade cockpit canopy build, but it's still one of the best LEGO planes ever for me. Awesome set, a must-have for any LEGO fan. Grade: A

Blue2th
01-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Bought the Target Illum Battlepack yesterday. I like the partly invisible droid and Padme is kinda cool. Funny how they painted C-3PO's feet and ankles like he's walking in the snow. So they made the effort to do that, but not paint him tan like the cartoon :confused: (a SSG question though) Have not seen the Felucia Battlepack yet (damn those army builders!!) but it's out there (briefly) Also picked up the Modal Nodes tin set on sale for $15. Watch it go down even farther. The other tins are holding at $26.

Kidhuman
01-20-2007, 05:35 PM
Have picked up a Unleashed Snowspeeder for 5 bucks at Target and a LEgo B-Wing for 12 bucks at WM clearances.

UKWildcat
01-20-2007, 05:47 PM
I picked up the Hallmark AT-AT Ornament today... and it was 75% off. It is pretty sweet. :thumbsup:

LusiferSam
01-20-2007, 05:50 PM
I just picked up Kill Bill on DVD and Trumpeter's Vickers Wellington. Also a pair of eBay wins just arrived. I'm really psyched about these. They are a red Mercedes 220 S and black Ford Taunus 17M that Lego made in early and mid 60's. No garage, but still pretty cool.

Rogue II
01-20-2007, 08:33 PM
Picked up R5-J2 from TRU today.

figrin bran
01-20-2007, 09:59 PM
Ambush on Ilum battlepack
Lego Clone pack (thanks for the stash JT!)
POTC Ragetti and Swann for 50% off at TRU.

Rocketboy
01-20-2007, 11:09 PM
Marvel Galactic Heroes things of The Punisher and Ghost Rider.
New earphones for my mp3 player (stupid dog).

bobafrett
01-21-2007, 08:22 AM
I picked up a cardboard tray to hold my Saga figures in.

Blue2th
01-21-2007, 01:09 PM
After going to three Targets and checking the DPCI numbers to see if they are in stock, I finally got two Betrayal on Fellucia Battlepacks. The first two Targets had them in the stockroom, but wouldn't bring them out, after I asked, even though the retail shelf was almost empty. :ninja: The third Target which is the newest one in town, brought out two whole cases of them after I asked (I couldn't believe it!) I just took two, Battlepacks that is, as I didn't want to hoard (my armies are squads) Seems these are solid packed in their own case assortment, not mixed with the Illum Battlepack or any others. So I'm relatively happy, though I'm one of those nit-picky collectors, still kinda mad I didn't get a "brown accent-more movie accurate Bly" for loose display. :upset:

figrin bran
01-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Felucia Battlepack
blaster box of Bowman basketball cards
Lego Battle Droids pack

UKWildcat
01-23-2007, 12:44 PM
SAW III (Target Exclusive)

Kidhuman
01-23-2007, 12:53 PM
Paploo on speeder Titanium.

El Chuxter
01-23-2007, 12:55 PM
Classics Cliffjumper
Classics Ramjet
The Art of War
Military Methods of the Art of War
The Tao of War
Samurai: The World of the Warrior
Warriors of Medieval Japan
Baby Crib
Ranch!

Kidhuman
01-23-2007, 01:34 PM
Is it your birthday? Happy Birthday

Ji'dai
01-23-2007, 03:10 PM
I bought my second LEGO EXO-Force 7700 Stealth Hunter on clearance for $11. Not a bad looking mech, but I really prefer the alternate model, the Stealth Wasp (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1641332).

General_Grievous
01-23-2007, 07:35 PM
Picked up Marvel Legends X3 Beast. Not bad, but his fur is too dark.

Rocketboy
01-23-2007, 09:49 PM
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns - a graphic novel that has been on to-read list for YEARS.

El Chuxter
01-23-2007, 10:44 PM
You've never read it?

Wow.

Of course, I didn't read it until I was out of college for a couple of years, probably in 1999.

It lives up to the hype, man.

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-26-2007, 08:49 AM
Found a MR scaled Stormtrooper rifle at Wal Mart for 48 bucks. Didnt buy it, but I was suprised to see it there at all.

UKWildcat
01-26-2007, 10:42 AM
I picked up a couple more of the Hallmark AT-AT Ornaments yesterday. :thumbsup:

bobafrett
01-26-2007, 10:58 AM
Found a MR scaled Stormtrooper rifle at Wal Mart for 48 bucks. Didnt buy it, but I was suprised to see it there at all.

Was it a toy? Man I wish we would get those in our stores here in Illinois. What department did you find them in?

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-26-2007, 04:52 PM
No it was the actuall .33 Rifle, it was in the toy section though, only one of em. Very strange.

Phantom-like Menace
01-27-2007, 12:51 AM
I got two each of the 5th Fleet Security and 442nd Siege Battalion figures a couple of days ago.

This morning my Entertainment Earth order came in, so I got my Republic Commando set, and I got the Astromech pack #2. Added to the R3-D3 that came in the mail the day before and the Hoth multipack that is supposed to be on the way, I'll be current on astromechs up to Darth Vader's astromech and Mace's astromech. Sweet!

Edit: And the Hoth multipack arrived. Now it's even more important that I get the Vader and Mace astromechs!

LTBasker
01-27-2007, 01:29 AM
Got an ebay haul a few days ago-

2x Stargate General O'Neills
2x Stargate Serpent Guards

Giving me a total of 5 Serpent Guards opened and flanking around my Serpent Guard Teal'c. Looks awesome...I only plan to get about 9 more. >_>

Also, I'm expecting from Buy.com:

Equlibrium DVD
Rocketeer DVD

Then from Bestbuy's site:

SG-1 Season 2
SG-1 Season 3
SG-1 Season 4
SG-1 Season 5
SG-1 Season 6

El Chuxter
01-27-2007, 08:07 PM
I've decided to consolidate online orders, so once every couple of months I get a big box with no shipping charges. :)

Disney Treasures: Pluto Vol. 2
Disney Treasures: More Silly Symphonies
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (finally!!)
Alice in Chains: Dirt
Mellencamp: Freedom's Road
Eisner/Miller
The Hagakure

Rogue II
01-27-2007, 08:10 PM
McFarlane NHL Legends Gilbert Perreault. As far as I know, this is the first Sabres figure they've made since they got the lisence.

figrin bran
01-27-2007, 08:39 PM
Transformers Classics Skywarp/Ultra Magnus, Cliffjumper
Titanium 6 in. Rodimus and Soundwave
3 Lego Clone packs
Titanium Dewback, AT-TE, Invisible Hand
Lego B-Wing

Rogue II
01-27-2007, 11:57 PM
I forgot to mention...I was at one of the local malls because they had a sports card show. The pro-wrestler Golddust was there, in make-up, signing autographs. Well, no one was in line. He was a lot taller than I expected.

JetsAndHeels
01-28-2007, 01:51 AM
TMNT (new series) season 4 dvd set
DC Superheroes Darkseid (thanks JMG!!)

kool-aid killer
01-28-2007, 05:18 PM
I picked up a battle droid two pack from the latest wave of Star Wars figures at a KB and a Water Tribe Aang figure from the Avatar toy line yesterday.

bobafrett
01-28-2007, 05:44 PM
Picked up the following Titanium vehicles:

Anakins modified Jedi Starfighter

Endor At-At

General Grievous's Starfighter.

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-28-2007, 10:09 PM
Just hauled home a new 32'' flat pannel tv and a new home theater system and am currently enjoying the ''original'' ROTJ. Pretty nice, but i cant get one of the speakers to work. Its plugged in and works on the decible test, but thats it. Any ideas?

JediTricks
01-28-2007, 11:09 PM
Sideshow 12" LOTR Legolas Exclusive - Decent head paint, head sculpting is good from some angles and a little hard from others but fairly decent. Sculpted hair limits the range of motion. Accessories are good but knife sheaths are fake with fake handles, and the leather straps are hard to work with. Outfit is good, though the gauntlets are tough to work with, and mine has an unsewn sleeve which sucks. Not a bad set, but another SSC figure that I feel like something went wrong. Grade: B / B+

LEGO AT-ST - Good parts and build but unsatisfying finished product for both play and display reasons. Legs don't move at all, not good for a chicken walker. Head isn't particularly accurate and chin is long. I rebuilt the chin to something less awful, you can read my review of the set and then in the second post after see the pics of the chin by going here:
Grade: C

Rogue II
01-29-2007, 10:35 AM
Yesterday I bought 2 of the 3 figures I wanted from the Walmart wave--Kitek and the purple R4. I'm still looking for the grey R2.

JetsAndHeels
01-30-2007, 12:30 AM
Picked up the TMNT 2 pack of Leo vs. General Gato.

figrin bran
01-30-2007, 01:19 AM
Sigma 6 Iron Hammer

Kidhuman
01-30-2007, 10:52 PM
Lego Battle Droid set
70's show season 2
Vintage Rebo Band

Kidhuman
01-31-2007, 02:33 PM
Titanium Dewback, AT-TE and Invisible Hand

CaptainSolo1138
01-31-2007, 02:36 PM
Target exclusive Imperial Shuttle:love:

pegger
01-31-2007, 05:51 PM
I don't think everyone checks out the Canadian just found thread...

but

TAC wave 1 is confirmed now in Ontario Canada. I picked up both clones.

Canadian card back is different. - generic, Vader head on all.

figrin bran
01-31-2007, 10:46 PM
I got the WM Cantina Band tin set from a friend in kansas