Kidhuman
01-03-2007, 05:30 AM
Album: Ten

Song: Given to Fly

El Chuxter
01-03-2007, 08:13 AM

Song: Yellow Ledbetter

(The first time I heard it, I thought it was some obscure Hendrix tune until Eddie started singing.)

Bel-Cam Jos
01-03-2007, 10:59 AM

Song: Yellow Ledbetter

(The first time I heard it, I thought it was some obscure Hendrix tune until Eddie started singing.)I may be unfamiliar with the concept of questions, but don't they normally involve the punctuation mark at the end of this interrogative clause? ;) And "Y.L." wasn't on Ten, unless you count it as the B-side to "Jeremy." And and I don't like the song either. :(

El Chuxter
01-03-2007, 11:30 AM
My favorite PJ song doesn't have to be on my favorite PJ album. :p

Rocketboy
01-03-2007, 12:40 PM
Album: Vitalogy (by default - its the only PJ album I've ever purchased)
Song: Spin The Black Circle or Do The Evolution

Kidhuman
01-03-2007, 12:57 PM
My favorite PJ song doesn't have to be on my favorite PJ album. :p

Exactly, none of the other threads are 100% album/song either. And if I am correct, yellow ledbetter wasnt on any album originally

JetsAndHeels
01-03-2007, 01:03 PM
And if I am correct, yellow ledbetter wasnt on any album originally

You're right, it was on a separate cd

for me album is a tie between ten and vs

song would be jeremy i guess, i love them all really

Rocketboy
01-03-2007, 01:16 PM
Yellow Ledbetter was the B-side track to Jeremy.

(How sad that I know that- for the most part I hate Pearl Jam)

El Chuxter
01-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Whether you hate PJ or not, you have to like that song.

Unless you're Bel-Cam. It's okay to not like "Yellow Ledbetter" in that case. :p

Rocketboy
01-03-2007, 02:25 PM
Whether you hate PJ or not, you have to like that song.

Unless you're Bel-Cam. It's okay to not like "Yellow Ledbetter" in that case. :pThen call me Bel-Cam, because I've always thought YL was way overrated.

El Chuxter
01-03-2007, 03:39 PM
Okay. But the other Bel-Cam may kick your butt when he finds out you stole his name.

Kidhuman
01-03-2007, 04:59 PM
You're right, it was on a separate cd

Wasn't it only released on a single, not a full length CD?

El Chuxter
01-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Yeah, like someone said, it was a b-side to "Jeremy."

Kidhuman
01-03-2007, 05:25 PM
I dont remember it being with Jeremy for some reason, I remember first hearing it between Yield and Vitalogy.

Edit: I just looked it up on Wiki and it was also released with Daughter on Cd single, which is where I remember it from.

bobafrett
01-03-2007, 05:52 PM

Song: Garden

But to top that would be the Pearl Jam "East Trot Wisconsin, October 8, 2000" concert CD. Why? Because I was there, and they released the concert on CD, so everytime I listen to it, I can relive the night I Saw Veddar and the boys rocking at Alpine Valley!

On a side note, I worked with one of Eddie Veddars cousins for several years.

DarthBrandon
01-03-2007, 06:13 PM

Song: Crazy Mary

Bel-Cam Jos
01-03-2007, 06:45 PM
I get it now... I'd offer any lyric from "YL" as a BSLOS, but I sense that I would be strung up with bass strings and punched in the thorax (after having a thorax surgically attached to me... WITHOUT ANASTASIA, or anesthesia) for doing so. Therefore...

Song: Porch

2-1B
01-03-2007, 09:08 PM
Album: Ten since it's the only album I liked

Song: Alive

this band is overrated.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-03-2007, 10:40 PM
But to top that would be the Pearl Jam "East Troy Wisconsin, October 8, 2000" concert CD. Why? Because I was there, and they released the concert on CD, so everytime I listen to it, I can relive the night I Saw Veddar and the boys rocking at Alpine Valley!

Wait, was that the show where it was nearly snowing and really really assinine cold? If so, my brother was at that show! He mentioned how Eddie greeted the crowd by saying, "Welcome to the Ice bowl." I've been to alpine a few times: once in 03 to see Radiohead and once in 05 to see Coldplay. Gorgeous place, just try to leave a bit early in the encore to avoid the RIDICULOUS traffic; four and a half hours to get out. Jesus!

Song: Crazy Mary

I finally heard "Crazy Mary" live this past June in Cincy and my jaw dropped. It's so freakin' amazing. I love it. Third PJ show and might be the best as we got that, some classics, and "Baba O'Reilly."

now to me:

Album: Yield

Song: Long Road....or Low Light (somebody had already said 'Given to Fly' but that's tied for my fave song)

:thumbsup:

DarkArtist
01-05-2007, 08:11 AM
there are only a few songs by Pearl Jam that I like :

Jeremey
Daughter
the cover of Where can my Baby Be (not sure if it's the title or not)

Kidhuman
01-05-2007, 08:20 AM
The name of that song is last kiss

dindae
01-05-2007, 08:51 AM
Album - Vitalogy

Song - State of Love and Trust

I really liked the band up to Vitalogy after that I bought a few albums but they went downhil fast in my eyes. Since Ten and VS were so overplayed I never feel compelled to listen to them. And since Eddie Vedder thinks his **** don't stink he doesn't make me want to give them a second chance.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-05-2007, 11:42 PM
Album - Vs.

Song - "Not For You" - Saw this on SNL a few months before the album came out, so was quite looking forward to it. Was kind of disappointed with the album as a whole though. Didn't buy another Pearl Jam CD until I finally got around to getting No Code and Yield a couple years ago.

Vs. was an album I got into more than Ten. I recall seeing Kurt Loder on an MTV News thing talking about Pearl Jam being the next thing to come out of Seattle. Perhaps at that point I was thinking that this was the beginning of everyone jumping on the Seattle bandwagon and running it into the ground. I don't think I liked the name Pearl Jam at first either. Eventually I came to enjoy the first album, but it was the second album that made more of an impression. By then, I knew who they were and looked forward to the new album. Someone gave me a tape of the album a week or two before it was released I think, but it was like a third generation copy or worse. I think the track listing was mixed up for a couple songs as well. So, it was nice to get the actual CD.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
01-28-2007, 09:01 PM

Song: Elderly Woman Sitting Behind the Counter (In A Small Town)

My brother is an insanely huge Pearl Jam fan, trekking 6 hour drives or more to see them whenever they are in the vicinity. He adores Eddie Vedder, and I think (never confirmed though) changed his political status from hard core Republican to indepent minded, but left leaning politically and socially aware person that he is now.

dr_evazan22
02-03-2007, 09:26 AM
I'm going to buck the trend here...

Album: No Code

Song: Corduroy

I can't stand how radio stations talk over the instrumental end. Its the best part of the song.

Darth Jax
02-03-2007, 10:16 AM
album: ten
song: who you are

best (misquoted) lyric: "hearts and farts they fade away"