PDA

View Full Version : Wave 3 Announced

DarkArtist
01-03-2007, 02:15 PM
over at 4inches.com they have the list for wave 3 of the TAC listing the figures and their descriptions:

Luke Skywalker
Darth Vader
Stormtrooper
Jawa & Lin Droid
Helrot
Biggs Darklighter
Quilon Vos and Vilmarh Grahrk
Obi Wan and Alpha

Kidhuman
01-03-2007, 02:18 PM
What the heck is Obi-Wan and Alpha? Is it like Turner and Hooch? Its his pet doggie right?

Rocketboy
01-03-2007, 02:24 PM
Alpha was a Clone Trooper in Republic. Its one of the comic 2 packs.

Rogue II
01-03-2007, 02:33 PM
I'm not buying another Vader unless there is something super-spiffy about it. Its bad enough that I'm going to buy another Tattoine Luke just to get the Moisture evaporator.

Jargo
01-03-2007, 02:45 PM
Luke Skywalker Tatooine
1 Darth Vader too many
Stormtrooper w/ removable helmet
Jawa & Lin-V8K Droid
Elis Helrot
Biggs Darklighter academy outfit

Quinlan Vos and Vilmarh Grahrk comics 2-pack
Obi Wan and ARC trooper Alpha comics 2-pack

Aside from the comic packs and vader, and assuming the vaporator is a decent size this wave seems ok. Biggs, Luke x2, Lin-V8K and jawa x2, stormtrooper x6 and Elis Helrot will all find their ay to my shelves. Vader can rot for all i care.

jedi master sal
01-03-2007, 03:04 PM
Well here's what I'll get from this wave:

Luke Skywalker X4 (just for the vaporators. I'll donate the Lukes. Might keep one of him, depending.
Darth Vader X ZERO I don't need another friggin' Vader. There is nothing, REPEAT nothing that Hasbro can do to make this character better and mre appealing to make me buy it.
Stormtrooper X many (Yep, I'm army building it)
Jawa & Lin Droid X2
Helrot X4 (3 of them for customs)
Biggs Darklighter X2
Quilon Vos and Vilmarh Grahrk X3 (2 of them for customs)
Obi Wan and Alpha X1 or 2. Need to find out the articulation as well as how it looks before buying a second one.

So actually, other than the Stormie, this will be a lax wave for me. Nothing there too exciting.

El Chuxter
01-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Darth Vader X ZERO I don't need another friggin' Vader. There is nothing, REPEAT nothing that Hasbro can do to make this character better and mre appealing to make me buy it.

Not even if you wind him up and he does the hula dance while his CommTech sings "Blue Hawaii"?

DarkArtist
01-03-2007, 04:19 PM
Not even if you wind him up and he does the hula dance while his CommTech sings "Blue Hawaii"?

now that I would love to see, perhaps even Vader wearing a Hula skirt. we could even get Padme is a Hula outfit as well.:laugh:

Rogue II
01-03-2007, 04:26 PM

I'd pay $10 for one of those.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Oooh, these come with "detailed styling." :D

I hope the Luke is somehow different besides the inclusion of the moisture vaporator, but I doubt it will be. I'm betting on a repack of the TSC figure, but without the poncho and whatnot.

I doubt that they'll release the 500th Vader once again, as it's inaccurate to ANH. Maybe they'll do the tin set one? Hopefully it's new, or else there'll be a blank spot in the coin album.

We've seen the stormtrooper already; looks good.

The LIN Droid should be pretty sweet, and more Jawas are always good.

Elis Helrot is damn creepy-lookin', but I like how they're doing more and more cantina patrons.

Finally, deleted scene Biggs. Having two Biggs figures out at the same time will be weird.

The two comic packs, we already know about. Quinlan will be good to finally have. I wonder, how different will Obi-Wan and Alpha be? Maybe they'll put an AOTC head on the ROTS pilot body for Obi-Wan, but who knows.

Darth Cruel
01-03-2007, 06:55 PM
Did anybody else notice that the McQuarrie figure seems to be missing from the list? Also...I would really like to see pics. To me, the write-ups are a cheesy way of revealing the figure without truly revealing it.

General_Grievous
01-03-2007, 08:52 PM
I'll pick up the Jawa, Helrot, and Biggs for sure. Vader and Luke are sure to be repacks.

Just to be sure, the LIN is the dome droid and Elis Helrot is the Givin, right?

Darth Cruel
01-03-2007, 09:05 PM
Just to be sure, the LIN is the dome droid and Elis Helrot is the Givin, right?

Correct and correct.

Kidhuman
01-03-2007, 09:35 PM
Luke Skywalker - Yes, if it has the moisture vaparator
Darth Vader - no unless its as Chux described
Stormtrooper - Maybe
Jawa & Lin Droid - yes
Helrot - yes
Biggs Darklighter - yes
Quilon Vos and Vilmarh Grahrk - no
Obi Wan and Alpha - maybe

Rogue II
01-03-2007, 09:48 PM
Did anybody else notice that the McQuarrie figure seems to be missing from the list?

Maybe it is the Darth Vader?

figrin bran
01-03-2007, 10:01 PM
looks like i'll be buying everything except the Vader. and in the case of the Luke, i'm not sure even the evaporators will be enough to make me want to get one.

Phantom-like Menace
01-03-2007, 10:45 PM
Stormtrooper: Depending on what version this is, I could conceivably army build it.

Jawa & Lin Droid: I actually wouldn't hate a Lin Droid

Helrot: Cool alien.

Biggs Darklighter: Academy? Either way I'll probably get him since the only other Biggs doesn't cut it.

Quilon Vos and Vilmarh Grahrk: Gotta' support the EU. Gotta' love Jedi.

Obi Wan and Alpha: Gotta' support the EU. Gotta' love clones.

jedi master sal
01-04-2007, 12:40 AM
Maybe it is the Darth Vader?

Okay, now if it's the concept Vader, I'll get it.

Damn, I didn't even think it might be the concept one. I can feel the dollars spending now...

Damn you Hasbro! heh

Mad Slanted Powers
01-04-2007, 01:00 AM
If that's the concept Vader, then I shall be getting all of these mesa thinks. At least one extra Stormtrooper and maybe an extra Jawa.

Jargo
01-04-2007, 07:29 AM
concept vader could go one of two ways. either it'll be the one from the production painting where his mask is all elongated and horse face like. or it'll be the earlier version where he's just wearing a face mask respirator and doesn't have the all black ominous outfit.

personally I'm hoping for the latter as it would be something different and not so boring old vader yet again and again..... but I fear they'll do horse face vader and do the Luke from that same painting which ultimately ties in with the concept stormie because both paintings were done at the same time.

in reality it's quite dull though. too similar to the eventual designs used. would have been cool to see some really different concept art used instead.

i'm wondering also if the Lin droid will have a black dome over painted or if they'll use a translucent plastic in smokey black and make it movie accurate. coz the prop droid had flashing lights under the dome. still, at least I'll finally have one to add to both the droid sale and to my death star grouping.

Tycho
01-04-2007, 07:53 AM
I'll get:

1 LIN Droid (maybe 2 and add it to the Death Star group. The first is for POTD)

3 Elris Helrots (1 for the cantina, 2 more for EU scenes / additions to aliens)

1 Biggs (putting him with my extra Tatooine Luke will make Luke useful at last)

3 Quinlan / Villie 2-packs (for EU scenes of course)

I don't know about Obi-Wan and Alpha. If Alpha is really cool - but especially if Obi-Wan is different and worth it somehow. Unfortunately, this shouldn't be the Clone Trooper armor Obi-Wan since he didn't wear that in the comics - only the Cartoon Network's show.

Meanwhile, I thought the rumors indicated we were also getting Myoom Onith (the Gotal's lady-friend, the Nightlilly from the Cantina) with this wave. Was she dropped or did 4inches just not get her confirmed?

Kidhuman
01-04-2007, 08:04 AM
Meanwhile, I thought the rumors indicated we were also getting Myoom Onith (the Gotal's lady-friend, the Nightlilly from the Cantina) with this wave. Was she dropped or did 4inches just not get her confirmed?

I do believe she is one of the final figures in TSC that is a WM exclusive.

Tycho
01-04-2007, 08:50 AM
Kidhuman, I'll need to correct you with your belief there.

The final TSC wave is all repaints / repacks. Myoom Onith has NEVER been sculpted before. She'd be all new. I've seen her on other lists (and she was a winner in at least one of our Top 50 polls). She might be coming but not in wave 3, though that would be very strange, as a wave that also includes Elris Helrot would make the most sense if Hasbro is going to theme their TAC waves and #3 seems to be the ANH / Tatooine wave.

Kidhuman
01-04-2007, 09:02 AM
You are right Tycho as the final five are listed here from GH:

Saga #70 - Kitik Keed'kak; Saga #71 - Kabe & Nabrun Leids; Saga #72 - Labria; Saga #73 Aurra Sing (Comic Deco); and Saga #74 - Mace Windu's Astromech will be exclusive to Wal*Mart.

I knew there were cantina aliens in it, just couldnt remember which ones. I recall seeing the name on a list somewhere, just dont remember where

figrin bran
01-04-2007, 11:17 AM
We haven't seen pics yet and since this is the first bit of info anywhere regarding this wave, Myoom could still be part of it and maybe they didn't get all the info in yet. or maybe she's part of another ANH wave.

Darth Cruel
01-07-2007, 04:42 PM
We have conflicting reports of wave 3. Which is correct? This one or the one on the sticky?

Rogue II
01-07-2007, 04:55 PM
From the Sticky List:

Technically it wasn't post on Rebelscum as a rumor but it is an early production list that Hasbro stated has changed. I thought the swiped product list was the starting point of the list from the 2006, but no skin off my back just trying to beef up the thread a bit.

Hasbro hasn't made an official announcement for wave 3 yet, but this thread might be more accurate.

JON9000
01-07-2007, 05:19 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with the new Luke if it had some real articulation.

dindae
01-08-2007, 08:59 AM
We have conflicting reports of wave 3. Which is correct? This one or the one on the sticky?

These were just a bunch of the description that are going on the backs of the cards so don't know if I would count it as a list. R2dtoys.com posted this list for preorder.

MIIYOOM
ELIS HELROT
DARTH VADER
BIGGS
LUKE
JAWA DROID & LIN DROID
STORMTROOPER
CONCEPT CHEWBACCA

Don't know if that helps or not.