PDA

View Full Version : Will There Be A R5D4?

mark2d2
02-02-2002, 07:03 PM
I was so confident that we'd finally get this long anticipated resculpt at last.

That he was simply bumped in favor of R4-M9 so he could be an Episode II figure, which made loads of sense at the time . . . Only now, I'm beginning to wonder. Has anybody heard anything?

As excited as I am about R4 (VERY!!!) I'll be more than bummed if our defective little friend doesn't show up soon. Does Hasbro have a "bad motivator" or what?

Jek Porky 2002
02-02-2002, 07:11 PM
No I think we're just getting R4.

Jargo
02-02-2002, 07:42 PM
As i understood it he was just shelved in favour of R4 with a tempting promise of a release sometime in the future - which is now. If they got as far as sculpting him which seems highly likely as they only had a head to do to stick on any old R2 body. I'd expect to see him later on this year as he fits both the episode two figure list and the classic. And as the classic figures are mostly coming out later part of this year it's fair to assume that R5 will be released sometime around then as something of a bridge crosser between the two sagas. He'd better be released now we've got the other two droids. They should have just released an astro pack with one of each in it. R2, R3, R4, R5. At such a diddy size it would have been a small pack and would no doubt have sold like hot cakes. I'd have bought two or three anyway and I know you would mark2d2. JediTricks would buy for the R3 droid I bet. ;) such a simple money making idea but they insidt on turning the droids out so sparingly. Yet star wars is essentialy a droid movie. it wouldn't be star wars without them. they're everywhere. so to not make them is stupid. I know people moan about re-releases with bad paint me included, but K-3PO was made of horrible plastic. A less transluscent plastic would have been fine. we could do with all the droids in different colours and with different markings. All the money hasbro could make with astro droids alone, protocol droids, power droids, Okay so we don't really need any more pit droids. Enough with those already! but the new battle droids are nicely done. they can manage a million and one of those but not the astro droids? What gives?