PDA

View Full Version : Anybody watch "Extras" on HBO?

General_Grievous
01-07-2007, 11:13 AM
It's got the hilarious Ricky Gervais from the British version of "The Office" and a load of guest stars like Samuel L. Jackson, Kate Winslet, and Patrick Stewart. In one episode, Patrick Stewart pitches his idea for a movie where he can control women to take their clothes off. In another one, Kate Winslet gives tips on how to talk dirty. :D It's really funny, and if you're a fan of "The Office" (UK, US, or both) you should give it a watch. The first season is only six episodes, so if you've got three hours to kill, go for it. The DVD comes out on Tuesday, and the new season starts on January 14th, after "Rome". This season's got guest stars like Orlando Bloom and David Bowie, so this should be fun.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-07-2007, 01:01 PM
I caught a few episodes on youtube and it's pretty hysterical. I think they're done with season 2 overseas, but I saw some clips of a show iwth Chris Martin of coldplay and it was HYSTERICAL. I actually think I enjoy this show mroe than the UK Office. The first season is only about 20 bucks, so this will probably get picked up. :crazed:

General_Grievous
01-14-2007, 03:39 PM
The season premiere is tonight with guest star Orlando Bloom.

BTW, here is an 8-minute clip of an episode with Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and Warwick Davis (aka Wicket). Warning: some PG-13 humor and language within.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xBN7fJwZ-iM

:D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-14-2007, 04:23 PM
GG- that clip of Radcliffe is FANTASTIC. Season 2 already aired months ago in the UK and I caught clips. The episode with Chris Martin is AWESOME. :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
01-14-2007, 06:56 PM
I loved the part at the end. "Do you still have that catsuit from The Avengers?" "Go away, Daniel." Plus Andy's reaction after he "accidentally" kneed Warwick in the head.

I'm really looking forward to the David Bowie song. "Lonely little fat man..." :D

I read an interview with Ricky Gervais and he said that there will probably only be two seasons of Extras. In other words, this could be the last season. :( He's doing the same thing he did with "The Office" (UK version). Ending the show while it's only two seasons old. Then again, we could have an American "Extras", similar to "The Office". On second thought, we already stole the UK's thunder with the American "Office". We'd be a-holes if we did it again.

Phantom-like Menace
01-30-2007, 05:58 AM
I caught the latest episode to show here in the US. The part where Radcliffe has to ask Diana Rigg to return his "protection" had me laughing so hard I could hardly breathe. Plus, Warwick Davis's appearance gave us that great comedic fall he took, and that fall was followed by Gervais's snicker-inducing reaction, as General Grievous mentioned.

In the past, I've really liked the Kate Winslet episode, the Patrick Stewart episode, and the most recent Orlando Bloom episode had some funny moments.