PDA

View Full Version : Bubo is coming

Bosskman
01-08-2007, 05:22 AM
A Bubo creature pack is pictured on the back of the Jabba box. Freakin' sweet.

Tycho
01-08-2007, 10:09 AM
I saw the pictures over at Rebelscum and they looked like great artisan work, however the size concerned me. Perhaps it is just the pictures, but Salacious Crumb looked especially too big to me.

I think perhaps the pics were resized, else you wouldn't be able to see Salacious that well. Bubo was larger and he looks great. I too wonder what else will go into a creature pack with him.

But it's been 7 months since I saw Salacious in person with other SideShow 12" at Comic Con, and my recollection is that he is in the correct scale with the other characters. I hope this hasn't changed and it will hold true for Bubo's creature pack, too.

masterjedi
01-08-2007, 08:24 PM
A Bubo creature pack is pictured on the back of the Jabba box. Freakin' sweet.

Ditto! Ditto! Ditto!

Darth Cruel
01-11-2007, 09:03 PM
The Buboicullaar Creature pack is previewed on Sideshow right now. But they do not say nor show what comes with him.

K M Toydarian
01-11-2007, 09:44 PM
I kinda got the gist it is just Bubo. I hoped for more creatures from a "Creature Pack", but maybe it's just him, and something else for the Exclusive.
Looking at Hasbro's Bubo, he is about the size of Hasbro Jabba's head, so maybe he is enough to stand alone. However, for a solid piece I hope he stays at the 32.99 price (or less).

Slicker
01-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Bubo is coming?!

Someone get a towel.

Tycho
01-11-2007, 11:31 PM
However, for a solid piece I hope he stays at the 32.99 price (or less).

Yup. I agree. SideShow is selling the Jabba creatures as like high-end statues as GentleGiant does.

I understand they are limited pieces, but I'll get Bubo but I'm not interested in there being too much more of these kinds of products and hope they usually do regular 12" figures (see my 12" wish list thread).

But who knows if we'll see a SideShow B'Omarr Monk? I'm not going to roll my eyes, because it could be cool. But it's not on the top of my list.

bigbarada
01-12-2007, 04:31 AM
It almost seems that Sideshow is going out of their way to make figures that no one else has even considered at 12" scale. For that they get :thumbsup: from me. It's awesome!

When they first acquired the license, they put out an ANH Luke, ANH Han, ANH Leia and I was pretty much just like :rolleyes: and I stopped paying attention to them. Now that I see they are really serious about doing something truly unique, I'm getting pretty excited to see their upcoming line-up.

While their prices will prevent me from buying more than a few of the figures, I do plan to cut back more on my Hasbro spending to be able to afford some of their new stuff.

Tycho
01-12-2007, 10:28 AM
While their prices will prevent me from buying more than a few of the figures, I do plan to cut back more on my Hasbro spending to be able to afford some of their new stuff.

That's getting easier and easier to do. If you don't need resculpts or "collector coin collections," than you can ignore stuff like the 20th figure of Han Solo in his white shirt and vest with or without gloves and a headset.

Elris Helrot is a new figure. But how many Darth Vaders do you need?

If you're not a completist, I think the choices are much easier.

Tycho
01-19-2007, 02:35 PM
Well, I placed my order for Bubo with no problems - even being 2 1/2 hours late because I slept until noon CA time.

The 2 other creatures he comes with look awesome as a matter of fact. I like this creature pack more than the Salacious Crumb one I already purchased. Of course it's slightly more expensive (about $9 more) as well.

The womprat thing looks awesome and though I don't recall the other thing in the movie for certain, it looks cool, too!

I'm going to have a pretty awesome 12" Jabba The Hutt display when I'm done!

Jabba and his throne were ordered in October according to my account.

The Endor Strike Team bundle in December.

And now as of January, my order for Bubo is in.

Original estimates for the shipping date of Jabba were placing him in March. I thought he might come out sooner. And because the Endor Soldiers are an entirely different type of product, who knows if they'll come on top of the Jabba set? It could get awfully busy on my credit card, but who really knows for certain?

Darth Cruel
01-19-2007, 02:50 PM
Well, I placed my order for Bubo with no problems - even being 2 1/2 hours late because I slept until noon CA time.

The 2 other creatures he comes with look awesome as a matter of fact. I like this creature pack more than the Salacious Crumb one I already purchased. Of course it's slightly more expensive (about $9 more) as well.

The womprat thing looks awesome and though I don't recall the other thing in the movie for certain, it looks cool, too!

I'm going to have a pretty awesome 12" Jabba The Hutt display when I'm done!

Jabba and his throne were ordered in October according to my account.

The Endor Strike Team bundle in December.

And now as of January, my order for Bubo is in.

Original estimates for the shipping date of Jabba were placing him in March. I thought he might come out sooner. And because the Endor Soldiers are an entirely different type of product, who knows if they'll come on top of the Jabba set? It could get awfully busy on my credit card, but who really knows for certain?

I am putting Jabba at mid February. But I base that only on Sideshow's newsletter saying that they have him in the shipping date update section as Feb/March and he is also listed in the "coming in the next 30 days" section.

AmanaMatt
01-20-2007, 08:40 PM
The Bubo set looks great, and I did order the exclusive set. I love the womp rats, actually. They are one of my fav little creatures, yet. Bubo looks great, but for $9 more, he could have had articulated arms.

Tycho
07-20-2007, 01:26 PM
So where is Bubo? It looks like I ordered him in JANUARY. Geeze, it's nearly AUGUST!

Bosskman
07-21-2007, 07:27 AM
I seem to remember him being third quarter 2007. That still leaves us a little while yet. Man I can't wait for him though. He's freakin' cool.

evenflow
07-25-2007, 11:13 AM
I can use the break no rush please.

jedibear
09-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Just got my 10 day notice for Bubo and friends...

SS has updated the page with productions shots and a look at the packaging...they look real good.

Tycho
09-14-2007, 06:15 PM
Finally. Of course everything is coming at once...

Bosskman
09-14-2007, 06:49 PM
Mine 10 day notice came a few days ago.

Blue2th
09-28-2007, 01:44 PM
Just got my invoice for Bubo, and the shipping notice a couple of days ago. He should be arriving soon. Wonder what took so long?

Tycho
09-28-2007, 05:01 PM
I just got my Bubo set today! (and I mean minutes ago)

First, these are great to sniff. Yes, I'm inhaling deeply while I'm posting this.

I am COMPLETELY Normal!

"Giant TaunTauns running across my ceiling! Whaaaa?"

So this set is better than the Salacious Crumb creature pack.

I got the SSE edition that came with an extra Womprat that's scratching itself. Nice sculpt on both Womprats.

Bubo is great. He is not at all poseable. It's amazing since the little one Hasbro did has 3 more points of articulation and this has none. It is a great looking sculpt however. I connected the chain to my Jabba's Throne.

The kretch cockroach alien thing is pretty gross. It has 4 eyes, lest I otherwise wouldn't have known it is fake and sprayed it with bug spray (not good to smell).

The box is collectible like all SSC stuff, but it is not "book cover style" that opens where you can see the product in a window. This is a top-loader and I wonder if they saved money that way since this was really an environment add-on set versus figures?

Anyway, that's my review. I'm glad I got them. Delivered, they were $49.09.

jedibear
09-29-2007, 11:19 PM
Pictures Tycho?

Mine shows up next friday...lookin forward to it...

Tycho
09-30-2007, 12:16 AM
Pictures Tycho?

Maybe later. Adding them doesn't change the overall Jabba display I have going that I shot the photos of for another thread (not sure which one).

But I did think about taking a funny picture or two, just to be different. Maybe I'll get to it later. I guess you can remind me in a day or so if I forget.

jedibear
10-04-2007, 01:24 PM
ANother great collection of creatures from Sideshow....impressive sculpt and detailing on these...a fun addition to the palace!

Tycho
10-04-2007, 01:32 PM
Really great way to set the stage, JediBear!

I love what you did for that shot! I should get that creative. I just placed mine around Jabba's throne.

jedibear
10-05-2007, 02:15 PM
And here he is in the throne room with Jabba...
...I also did a review of this set in the "review" thread.

JediTricks
10-05-2007, 10:00 PM
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home, they're not more than 2 (milli)meters."