PDA

View Full Version : One word: JAXXON!!

El Chuxter
01-09-2007, 10:33 AM
So you're producing comic two-packs, starting with the old Marvel comics. That's a pretty cool idea, but where's the single most iconic character from Marvel's tenure on Star Wars?

I'm talking of course about Jaxxon, everyone's favorite 7-foot tall carnivorous green rabbit in a spacesuit.

Please stop laughing. I am absolutely, 100% serious here.

Yes, Jaxxon is absolutely ridiculous. He's one of the silliest ideas, if not the silliest idea, to ever come out of Star Wars. He makes the Holiday Special look like a good idea. (Okay, maybe not, but he certainly seems a little goofier than the singing Bea Arthur bit, at least.)

In a word, Jaxxon is a joke.

But he is our joke.

We all know Jaxxon is absurd. But he's become something of a mascot in his absurdity. More than Teek, more than Kit Fisto, more than Ackmeena, he's the sort of character that no one wants to admit they like, but everyone does. Even if they only like to make fun of him.

You may ask yourself, "Why would we make a totally new mold for this giant green rabbit?" And it is a valid question to ask.

But among adult collectors who are fed up with rehashes, EU haters, and even kids (you can't tell me there's no little boy who wouldn't go Wookiee-poop over a giant green rabbit in a spacesuit), he seems like he'd be a strong seller. Maybe not Ephant Mon or Ree Yees hot, but I think we'd all rather have Jaxxon than a neon blue Darth Vader packed with an orange and green Rebel Trooper?

I think you could even get away with packing him with that Cantina Han Solo you're so bloody fond of. I really do.

If nothing else, maybe make him an exclusive of some sort?

Please give this some thought. As stupid as the idea sounds, I guarantee you it would work.

Rogue II
01-09-2007, 10:39 AM
I'm glad I didn't read comic books much:

Jaxxon (http://theswca.com/images-fanma/jaxxon.jpg)

jedi master sal
01-09-2007, 11:15 AM
I would SO totally buy a Jaxxon figure. Man, I used to love seeing him in the comics.

Though I'd much rather prefer a realistic version, like this one:
http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/e/e9/Jaxxon-gamer.jpg

Still if you're going to do a comic version then perhaps this for a two pack:
http://hometown.aol.com/heywood254/web/images/Jaxxon2001.GIF

Regardless, I'd get one.

Yeah, it's quirky, but dang, those other Marvel 2-packs are quirky. I mean really, a Tarkin that looks like a commander of Hydra?

DarkArtist
01-09-2007, 02:42 PM
this would be an interesting fill-in character for a Jabba's Palace or the Cantina. might get one only if it looks good.

dindae
01-09-2007, 03:22 PM
I would definately buy one. I think the best way to do this would be for next years Comic Con exlcusive. Look at some of the crap shoveled our way because it was an exclusive figure. This would easily beat half of those figures.

Kidhuman
01-09-2007, 05:20 PM
F*k it, I would buy one and have him fight BoShek

jedi master sal
01-09-2007, 05:28 PM
F*k it, I would buy one and have him fight BoShek

The sideburn against the side...ears

figrin bran
01-09-2007, 11:01 PM
i'm the only one thus far but i wouldn't buy this.

Rocketboy
01-09-2007, 11:19 PM
F*k it, I would buy one and have him fight BoShekF*k it, I would buy one and have him f*k BoShek

plasticfetish
01-10-2007, 04:01 AM
Oh... I thought this thread was about the game Zaxxon.

bigbarada
01-10-2007, 07:50 AM

Me neither.

Rogue II
01-10-2007, 10:59 AM

Oh... I thought this thread was about the game Zaxxon.

I never said I would get Jaxxon. I'd rather buy Zaxxon.

El Chuxter
07-14-2008, 10:19 PM
Dear Hasbro,

Why do you act like Jaxxon is a figure no one wants?

I'd buy him before any of the bazillion Mandalorean Bob figures you're putting out now that are going to kill the line soon if you're not careful.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-14-2008, 10:36 PM
I also really, really want Jaxxon. Much more than those ninja rangers or Rebel TIE Fighter.

JediTricks
07-14-2008, 11:06 PM
Another word: Suxx

I would bet less than 1% of the fanbase wants the giant rabbit from space. Not in their Star Wars line.

TeeEye7
07-15-2008, 01:13 AM
Looks like a rip-off of Usagi Yojimbo from TMNT. :ninja:

jedi master sal
07-15-2008, 12:14 PM
Looks like a rip-off of Usagi Yojimbo from TMNT. :ninja:

hmm, which one came first then to see who's the "ripoff"?

El Chuxter
07-15-2008, 12:22 PM
Jaxxon, though not by as wide a margin as most would assume, since Usagi was created for his own comic in 1984. He had no dealings with the TMNT until the figure, and I don't think ever actually met them in his comic or theirs.

TeeEye7
07-15-2008, 03:20 PM
hmm, which one came first then to see who's the "ripoff"?

Jaxxon, though not by as wide a margin as most would assume, since Usagi was created for his own comic in 1984. He had no dealings with the TMNT until the figure, and I don't think ever actually met them in his comic or theirs.

Alright, alright so sue me! ;)

My first and only exposure to Usagi was through TMNT! Sheesh! Who knew!?

Next, some one will say it all started with the White Rabbit and Lewis Carroll!

El Chuxter
07-15-2008, 05:56 PM
Usagi Yojimbo is actually a pretty cool comic that's remained indie for over twenty years, a big rarity in the grand scheme of things.

Panda Khan was also "borrowed" for the TMNT toys, but I can't recall if he was his own book or a character in one of the many TMNT-knockoff books out there. (BTW, Usagi was never a TMNT knockoff, nor was TMNT an Usagi knockoff. Kinda like Swamp Thing and Man Thing, it's coincidence they came out at about the same time.)

JediTricks
07-15-2008, 09:13 PM
Jaxxon is based (loosely) off of Bugs Bunny, the name is a reference to Bugs calling people "Jackson" in some cartoons. Painful.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jaxxon

Ji'dai
07-15-2008, 10:22 PM
I thought this thread was about the video game Zaxxon too. Wow, I'd never heard of this space hare. Or if I did, I'd long forgotten about him. Crazy as he looks, I would probably buy Jaxxon if the other figure in the comic pack was new too.

On another note, I was flipping through a couple of old Marvel Star Wars comics and noticed a lot of female Rebel pilots featured in the stories, especially as romantic interests for the heroes. Check out Lt. Shira Brei from Star Wars i.86, Feb. 1982 (http://i36.tinypic.com/10fcodf.jpg). [Writer: David Michelinie / Artist: Walt Simonson] I like her and her can-do attitude :thumbsup:

I loved the female Imperials Hasbro gave us (Deena Shan & Juno Eclipse, plus more on the way), so how about a few female Rebel pilots and officers too? C'mon Hasbro, the Rebel Alliance needs all the help it can get!

Banthaholic
07-16-2008, 11:00 PM
I'd buy him. Would be much better in an Ackmena 2-pack though!

jedi master sal
07-17-2008, 11:19 AM
I'd buy him. Would be much better in an Ackmena 2-pack though!

now that is an ultimate EU set

JediTricks
07-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Can't we just say Jar Jar was Jaxxon? They both start with "Ja", they both are really stupid ideas, and they both have long floppy ears.

El Chuxter
07-17-2008, 10:17 PM
Jar Jar is not fit to lick Jaxxon's one glove. Though his high jumping is useful to snatching minikits on some levels.

jedi master sal
07-18-2008, 11:01 AM
Though his high jumping is useful to snatching minikits on some levels.

Yes indeed!

RUSHBOY
07-20-2008, 10:59 PM
Are you guys talking about Jedi Master Michael Jaxxon ?
If you are could you please keep him away from the younglings !!
:razz:

Ji'dai
07-26-2008, 12:32 PM
I loved the female Imperials Hasbro gave us (Deena Shan & Juno Eclipse, plus more on the way), so how about a few female Rebel pilots and officers too? C'mon Hasbro, the Rebel Alliance needs all the help it can get! Just saw the Rebel Pilots Evolutions set at TRU and didn't even realize that one of them was a female pilot. That cinches it, I'm going back to get one.

cookiemonster
08-22-2008, 08:56 PM
Well paint me green and put rabbit ears on me, I would buy him and Amaiza Foxtrain - they do these I hope they go for the more realistic drawings of them, as that Amaiza looks hot, as hot as oh I dont know, say Quinlan Vos's woman Kahleen Hentz.

And as for the person who said Jar Jar and Jaxxon are the same dont make me laugh, we have a decent character then we have Jar Jar Stinks.

Lucas and Hasbro if you are reading this you will see people want Jaxxon and Amaiza so give them to us, with the best sculpt and SA you can do, and then see how many people buy them (kids will love Jaxxon, even better than Old Lucas's idea about Jar Jar Stinks).

Also while we are on the subject of Marvel Star Wars characters, how about doing these ones - Kiro, Cody Sunn-Childe, Bey, Jolli, Crimson Jack, All of the others from Aduba 3 (would love to see a Hedji and Kihotay), Dani, Rik, Chihdo, Jedidah the last Jedi, just to name a few, there is others I would love to see.

FundingMyAddiction
09-01-2008, 11:41 PM
I don't know if anybody has mentioned it but when I was waiting in line outside of the Toys R Us in San Diego at Midnight on July 26th, there was somebody there dressed up in a giant green bunny suit.

And I was the only person there who knew where a giant green rabbit fit into the Star Wars saga. That made me happy in a very sad, pathetic kind of way.

cookiemonster
09-02-2008, 01:29 AM
Dont be sad, embrace your inner 6' Green Rabbit, be one with all thats is green, lol.

And at least you didnt think it was Bucky O'Hare so thats one up for you in my books.

El Chuxter
11-15-2010, 02:11 AM
Dear Hasbro:

I have your dog. He is safe for the moment.

Make a Jaxxon figure, or I will shoot him. But just in the butt, with a BB gun, because I'm no killer. But, still, I'll shoot him. So get cracking on that Jaxxon!

(In all seriousness, if he were to appear in the Clone Wars cartoon, even though that's a longshot in itself, would you consider him? He's one of the few characters who could be made in the cartoon style and yet fit in with the regular line.)

Mister Roboto
11-15-2010, 09:11 AM
I also think someone should remake Zaxxon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaxxon). It was a pretty decent arcade game back in the day. However, I don't recall there being any big green rabbits in it. They must have been on one of the higher levels.