PDA

View Full Version : Top seven figures you want that Hasbro will probably never make

El Chuxter
01-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Figures that you would like to see, no matter how seemingly ridiculous, that it's unlikely Hasbro will ever make.

Why seven instead of five or ten? Why not?

The only rule is that they actually have to be from the film or some official EU source.

7) Noa. Two words: Wilfred Brimley. Because it's the right thing to do. Right now, the Star Wars line is prejudiced against characters with glasses, and the only way to correct this injustice is to produce the only character who wears them!

6) Kit Fisto: Geonosis Arena. A neutrally-posed, super-articulated figure of Kit in his AOTC robes (and with the darker AOTC head and hands). What makes this different, and unlikely? Prominently featured on his green head is a Mighty GrinTM. If it can be an action feature that makes him go from stoic to jolly without messing up the figure, all the better!

5) Ackmeena: The night bartender at Chalmun's Cantina in Mos Eisley. Nothing especially unusual, just an older woman in the typical nondescript Tatooine rags. But unlike most of the characters, she has the burning desire to sing! Plus, how frigging cool would a Bea Arthur action figure be? I can just envision the TSC-style bio info now: "Clears the bar with: Her singing."

4) Lando Calrissian: Smuggler. Lando in Han's duds from the end of ESB. Even if it's just a simple head swap, you know as well as I do that Hasbro's never going to make him.

3) Jaxxon: I started a whole thread about him in Dear Hasbro. Next to Smuggler Lando, he's probably the most likely to sell. He's stupid, he's corny, he's absolutely ridiculous. But you know you'd buy him just to say you had a figure of a giant green carnivorous rabbit in a spacesuit.

2) Senator Grebleips: He has a prominent cameo in The Phantom Menace, and has appeared in novels and holonetnews.com since then. But he is the film character (from the six main movies) who is the least likely to ever see the light of day. Why? Because he is based on a character design from another popular film, which happens to be owned by another company. If you don't know who he is, spell his name backwards. If you still don't, ask here and I (or someone else) will tell you.

1) Teek: The true hero of the saga. If not for the fleet-footed heroics of this little, um, rat-looking thing, Wicket and the other Ewoks of Bright Tree Village would have perished at the hands of the Marauders, and the Rebels would've been totally screwed, as they wouldn't find the backdoor to the bunker and would've come face-to-face with a legion of the Emperor's best troops. And then they would've died, and the shield wouldn't have been knocked down, and the entire Alliance would die fighting the Death Star, and Luke probably would've been so ticked off that he'd go Darkside and kill Vader and become Darth Whiner, and the entire ending of the series would be a downer. You wouldn't want that, would you?

Rogue II
01-09-2007, 12:47 PM
Since I don't read the comics and I refuse to watch the Ewok movies and Holiday Special, my list will be almost completely different from Chux's

7) Black Guard in Jabba's Palace: I'm sure in some part of the Star Wars world, someone gave him a name and a story.

6) White Skiff Guard: He get's tossed in the pit.

5) Any one of the background Spacers from the Cantina.

4) Lando Calrissian: Smuggler. Because....I don't know.

3) Garouf Lafoe (dude who snitches on Ben and Luke to the Imperials)

1 & 2) Tonnika sisters

***I'd like to thank Mr. Daddypants for making this (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=3297) post, otherwise, I wouldn't have known the names of any of these characters.

LTBasker
01-09-2007, 01:31 PM
-Kyle Katarn from Jedi Knight
-SA Rebel Fleet Trooper
-SA Naboo Security Guard
-SA Naboo Royal Guard
-Decent Hoth Han
-Female Rebel sniper from Battlefront
-Green AOTC Clone Trooper with jetpack from Battlefront

Droid
01-09-2007, 02:15 PM
1. Yarna d'al Gargan
2. Tonnika 1
3. Tonnika 2
4. Young Owen Lars
5. Young Beru Lars
6. Clieg Lars
7. Queen of Adleraan

Also: Minister that married Padme and Anakin, Jabba's guard that shot Luke, Queen Jamilla, Jocasta Nu, Episode III Naboo Queen, Dorme, Corde, Kitster, Wald.

Notice that almost all of these figures are female characters?

Battle Droid
01-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Gossam Commando
Koorivar Fussiler
ROTS Nute Gunray
ROTS Rune Haako
Tey How
Daultay Dofine
Rogwa Wodrata

joe-da
01-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Tatooine Luke... Darth Vader... They're the only figures anyone will ever want/need.

No, my real list is:

1. Ugnaught on Jabba's Sail Barge - Yoxgit
2. Nos Monster (too big for regular figure, though)
3. Cane Adiss (sp?)
4. Yuzzum with rifle at Jabba's palace
5. Loje Nella
6. Hermione Bagwa
7. Magaloof

* Also would like a Gardulla, but that's more than 7.

Jargo
01-09-2007, 02:51 PM
1. Mosep, Jabba's accountant
2. Heater (original Jabba)
3. Boelo, Jabba's henchman
4. Geela yeens, Jabba's henchman
5. Burly bearded dude, Jabba's henchman
6. Jenny, Han Solo's squeeze (before he set eyes on Leia)
7. Wioslea. used speeder trader.

Kidhuman
01-09-2007, 02:53 PM
Queen Jamilla
AOTC Sio Bibble
Tonikas
Yarna
Sgt Dolan
Not a figure, but Jabbas Dais(throw in Oola to make it a figure then)

Jargo
01-09-2007, 02:56 PM
rogue II the black guard is called Fozec.
the skiff guard you mean has the vertical ribbed vest on? decipher named him Velken-Tezeri. the ones on the other skiff (two) i have no idea what they're names are but one looks like the guy Decipher named gailid, he wears a leather head band with ear defenders. the other one wears a helmet with horizontal ridges on the top

joe-da, the ugnaught is called Yoxgit. and toadstool terror is also known as Loje Nella.

Rogue II
01-09-2007, 03:17 PM
Thanks Mr. DP. I did a search on the name Velken Tezeri and found a picture of him. That's the one.

DarkArtist
01-09-2007, 03:36 PM
My list would go something like this:

1.) Luke Skywalker DS II Duel SA with cuffs, two lightsabers, and articulated chest flap
2.) Kyle Katarn Jedi Knight with multiple blasters and two lightsabers
3.) Princess Leia Slave SA
4.) Han Solo Bespin Fatigues with Bespin Torture Rack and neutral face SA
5.) Gorc & Pic : Jedi Knight
6.) Cade Skywalker : Star Wars Legacy
7.) Imperial Jedi : Star Wars Legacy - love the way these guys look with Imperial Royal Guard Armor and all.

bigbarada
01-09-2007, 03:38 PM
This is a painful list for me to make, because I have been holding out hope for these figures for years and years. I guess it's time to just accept the fact that Hasbro will never make these figures:

:cry:

1. Kithaba - the Klatooinian who was standing directly behind Luke on the prisoner skiff. Most people just assume that's Barada, but Barada is on the second skiff and gets sliced up by a lightsaber. Kithaba is pulled into the Sarlacc by one of it's tentacles.
http://red6.home.insightbb.com/Aliens/Jabba/kithaba.jpg

2. Y-Wing Pilot - the guys in the grey flightsuits from ROTJ.

3. Chuhka Trok - the studmuffin Ewok warrior from The Ewok Adventure

4. Kaink - the Ewok priestess from The Ewok Adventure

5. Cane Adiss - the two-headed giraffe-snake alien from Jabba's Palace. A body was never designed for him, but that didn't stop them from making Hem Dazon. However, these guys were just hanging from the ceiling, way off in the background, in one scene in the Palace. It's not going to happen.

6. Niczuk Bec - the human Jabba's Palace guard who seems to be a "fan" of Sy Snootles. His outfit is a great representation of the "Star Wars primitive" look of Jabba's Palace, but in this picture he just looks like a perv.
http://red6.home.insightbb.com/Aliens/Jabba/nizucbek.jpg

7. Klaatu Skiff Guard - the usual Klaatu Skiff we get was actually on the Sail Barge, this guard was on the second skiff.

dindae
01-09-2007, 03:55 PM
I found that it was hard for me to come up with figures they wouldn't do that I cared about at all. With the growing amount of EU being made the major characters like Talon Karrde and Winter are figures I can see getting made. They might not but there is no reason I can see for it aside from just not getting around to it.

1 & 2 Tonnikas - hopefully they will get over any legal issues
3 Jaxxon - they might do it but pretty slim chance
4 Heater - they recently said they won't do this in one of the Q & A
5 Gardula the Hutt - to large a figure to make for the split second on screen
6 Jawa with light up eyes - cost will likely prevent this one
7 C-3PO with light up eyes - ditto

Jargo
01-09-2007, 06:26 PM
the busted up C-3PO that came with Saga Bespin Chewbacca had a light up feature. so that's been done. they could do it again for a regular threepio but it would mean limiting the articulation.

dindae
01-09-2007, 11:44 PM
they could do it again for a regular threepio but it would mean limiting the articulation.

Not my figure. It's decked to the nines. He even even has spinners! :thumbsup:

JON9000
01-10-2007, 12:48 AM
Itchy, Lumpy and Malla. "You're all a big part of my life..."

sebillba
01-10-2007, 05:03 AM
Some of mine will probably get made eventually, but from the Q&As, they've virtually said my #1 choice never will, and I'm sure my EU choice won't either.

1) Utai (preferably in a 2-pack)
2) Bom Vimdin - ok, he will get made eventually, but not soon enough.
3) Saurin - ditto
4) AOTC Owen
5) AOTC Beru (in another Q&A they've said there's no plans for these two)
6) any Rodian Senator
7) don't know his name, but the cat-like creature from the Han Solo novel, "The Paradise Snare"

Jargo
01-10-2007, 11:43 AM
Not my figure. It's decked to the nines. He even even has spinners! :thumbsup:

spinners? I swear I'm getting too old and losing it. you kids! pfft lol

Old Fossil
01-10-2007, 12:14 PM
1. the orange R5 unit seen on the streets of Mos Eisley in ANH
2. Smuggler Lando
3. Banniss Keeg (the other Duro from the Cantina)
4. the blonde-bearded Rebel commando from Endor
5. super-posable Admiral Ackbar
6. super-posable Weequay
7. the Tonnika sisters (2-pack)

I'm pretty happy with what's been done so far... these would be 'sauce for the goose, Mr. Saavik.'

tagmac
01-12-2007, 10:59 AM
1. Guri (from "Shadows of the Empire")
2. Weequay Skiff Guard #2 (in the white outfit)
3. Velken-Tezeri (white Skiff guard) - with both we could finally complete a proper Skiff diorama
4. Mace Towani
5. Teek
6. Cindel Towani
7. Widdle (white-cheeked ewok)

bigbarada
01-12-2007, 03:30 PM
3. Velken-Tezeri (white Skiff guard) - with both we could finally complete a proper Skiff diorama

Weequay #2 (I've always called him Queequay) is another figure I've always wanted and Velken is similar enough to Niczuk Bec that he would be an adequate substitute. Also similar enough that Hasbro will likely never make him.:(

Also if these rumors of a carded A-Wing Pilot are true and Hasbro just rereleases either one of the crappy A-Wing Pilot pack ins, Then I will have to come to terms with the idea that we will NEVER see a movie accurate A-Wing Pilot figure.:cry:

Tycho
01-13-2007, 02:51 AM
I know of 5 that I've heard Expand the Star Wars Universe - on eBay:

Headphones
Plumber Bob
Dirty Sanchez
Jackie Chan
Hootie

Jargo
01-14-2007, 02:45 PM
Also if these rumors of a carded A-Wing Pilot are true and Hasbro just rereleases either one of the crappy A-Wing Pilot pack ins, Then I will have to come to terms with the idea that we will NEVER see a movie accurate A-Wing Pilot figure.:cry:
Be nice to get a decent removable helmet A-wing pilot and a Human B-wing pilot, and the Y-wing pilot (last released erroneously with an A-wing) released in a grey uniform with more articulation. For the X-wing pilots we probably won't get i'm just going to customise some biggs figures. repaint the helmets, change the heads. leave the helmets on their heads. we're never likely to get any Yavin rebel officers besides Dodona so I'm using him and ANH captain Antilles for customs.
Some things just aren't worth holding out for.

bigbarada
01-14-2007, 04:12 PM
Be nice to get a decent removable helmet A-wing pilot and a Human B-wing pilot, and the Y-wing pilot (last released erroneously with an A-wing) released in a grey uniform with more articulation. For the X-wing pilots we probably won't get i'm just going to customise some biggs figures. repaint the helmets, change the heads. leave the helmets on their heads. we're never likely to get any Yavin rebel officers besides Dodona so I'm using him and ANH captain Antilles for customs.
Some things just aren't worth holding out for.

Aside from the chestplate and the color, the A-Wing and B-Wing Pilot flightsuits are identical. So it would be pretty easy to base both of those figures off the same body (which I believe was done in the vintage line to a certain degree).

I guess the same would apply for the ROTJ Y-Wing Pilot as well, even though they seem to have some folded parachute-like object hanging from the front of their suit. Making them look "paunchy" which is what's so cool about them.

mericen
01-15-2007, 12:08 AM
I would love to see

1. Cami
2. Fixer
3. The Defel from the Cantina
4. Salacious Crumb, articulated
5. Yuzzum, original trilogy design, not special edition

bigbarada
01-15-2007, 02:10 AM
4. Salacious Crumb, articulated

I don't think that's physically possible. Not at 4" scale anyways.

TheCivilCollector
01-15-2007, 03:08 AM
2) Senator Grebleips: He has a prominent cameo in The Phantom Menace, and has appeared in novels and holonetnews.com since then.

Unless I'm very mistaken, wasn't E.T. taken out of TPM in the home video release? I can't find him in there.... Too bad the somewhat recent E.T. figs were so tremendously out of scale with SW figs.

My 7(I'm including sets as one fig)-

1) Towani Family set (Mace, Cindel, Ma and Pa Towani)
2) Noah and Teek set
3) "Marauders of Endor" Set
4) ANH cut scene set- Cami, Fixer, Biggs (Imperial Academy outfit)
5) Jedi Knight Set: (Kyle Katarn, Jan Ors, Jarec, Sariss, Boc, Maw, Desann)
6) A Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy set (Rosh Penin, Tavion, Marka Ragnos, and a couple Disciples of Ragnos
7) Lars Family Set- Cleigg, Young Beru, Young Owen

Beyond wishful thinking, but here's hoping....

El Chuxter
01-15-2007, 11:40 AM
No, he's still there. In fact, IIRC, the VHS version actually shows him more prominently than the theatrical version.

tagmac
01-15-2007, 10:53 PM
4. Mace Towani
5. Teek
6. Cindel Towani
7. Widdle (white-cheeked ewok)

Seeing as how some folks are considering sets as one figure, I'm making a couple changes to mine:

4. Mace and Cindel Towani & Wicket w/ eyeballs - Caravan of Courage set
5. Teek, Noah, and & Widdle (white-cheeked ewok) - Battle for Endor set
6. Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin Solo set
7. Mara & Ben Skywalker

BoShek
01-17-2007, 10:13 AM
7. Laze “Fixer” Loneozner
6. Camie
5. Deak
4. Windy
3. Jabba's odds droid from PM
2. The alien that hugged Malakili after the Racor died
1. actor Declan Mulholland as Jabba the Hutt

Jargo
01-17-2007, 04:26 PM
The hugging alien you speak of is a green Nikto and his name is Weeba Weeba.

Jabba's droid is R5-X2

where did fixers 'real' name come from?

Qui-Long Gone
01-23-2007, 11:58 PM
1. A super articulated Qui-Gon (of course)

2. Yarna

3. The Ewok Adventure (Caravan of Courage) Battle Pack....no seriously....and with that Gorax as a big figure put together by collecting several figures (like what Marvel is doing with their figures.....)

4. A new trash compactor (playset with alternate vintage "foam") dianoga!!!!

El Chuxter
11-15-2010, 03:07 AM
Surprisingly enough, 2.5 down out of my original list of seven. Teek came out this year, and Smuggler Lando a couple of years ago. I say there's an additional "half" because of the Target exclusive Geonosis Kit Fisto; the basis for an "ultimate Kit Fisto" doing the Force push and grinning is there, with just a new head.

mtriv73
11-15-2010, 07:16 PM
It's amazing how many have been made off of just about everyone's lists.

Guess it's time to make one of my own:

1,2. Tonnika's: Just isn't going to happen

3. Funeral Pyre Vader: Probably a 90% chance of not happening

4. Cruisemissile trooper: I'd give this a 50/50 shot.

5. Jaxxon: I can see this being a convention exclusive someday, maybe a 25% chance

6. Clieg Lars: Nothing says choking hazard like a removable prosthetic limb: 10% chance

7. Jocasta Nu: I'd actually buy multiples of a jedi Librarian just to say I had them. Still, 2% chance of ever seeing her immortalized in plastic.

Blue2th
11-15-2010, 10:39 PM
Fordo (Coruscant)

Arc Pilot

Nelvaan Warrior

Arc Trooper (Hypori / Muunilinst correct Heavy Gunner blue color)

Ruhk

Clegg Lars

General Oro Dassyne

Droid
11-16-2010, 12:46 PM
I'll update my list since my tastes have changed and they made FOUR of my original seven, including YARNA!

1. Tonnika 1
2. Tonnika 2
3. Clieg Lars
4. A better sculpt of the Emperor from announcing the formation of Empire
5. Taym Dren-Garen, guard that shot Luke
6. 1983 Sy Snootles
7. Rycar Ryjerd, human, stood at the very front of the cantina bar

bigbarada
11-16-2010, 08:09 PM
This is a painful list for me to make, because I have been holding out hope for these figures for years and years. I guess it's time to just accept the fact that Hasbro will never make these figures:

:cry:

1. Kithaba - the Klatooinian who was standing directly behind Luke on the prisoner skiff. Most people just assume that's Barada, but Barada is on the second skiff and gets sliced up by a lightsaber. Kithaba is pulled into the Sarlacc by one of it's tentacles.
http://red6.home.insightbb.com/Aliens/Jabba/kithaba.jpg

2. Y-Wing Pilot - the guys in the grey flightsuits from ROTJ.

3. Chuhka Trok - the studmuffin Ewok warrior from The Ewok Adventure

4. Kaink - the Ewok priestess from The Ewok Adventure

5. Cane Adiss - the two-headed giraffe-snake alien from Jabba's Palace. A body was never designed for him, but that didn't stop them from making Hem Dazon. However, these guys were just hanging from the ceiling, way off in the background, in one scene in the Palace. It's not going to happen.

6. Niczuk Bec - the human Jabba's Palace guard who seems to be a "fan" of Sy Snootles. His outfit is a great representation of the "Star Wars primitive" look of Jabba's Palace, but in this picture he just looks like a perv.
http://red6.home.insightbb.com/Aliens/Jabba/nizucbek.jpg

7. Klaatu Skiff Guard - the usual Klaatu Skiff we get was actually on the Sail Barge, this guard was on the second skiff.

Looking at my list, I'm surprised to see that my top 4 are either on their way, have been released in some form or Hasbro has made some positive steps towards.

1. Kithaba - coming in 2011! :thumbsup:

2. Y-Wing Pilot - we're getting a Y-Wing Pilot, but he's really just a grey B-Wing Pilot. I'll hold out hope for a true Y-Wing Pilot from ROTJ.

3. Chukha-Trok - Hasbro has the tooling work done and wants to release him. Now we just need to wait for the opportunity to present itself.

4. Kaink - that Star Tours figure looks pretty horrible. If they remake her with a sculpted hood, then I'll be happy

5. Cane Adiss - still pretty unlikely that he'll ever get made

6. Niczuk Bec - :confused: I don't know why this guy is on my list, I would much rather have Velken Tezeri. At least Hasbro has expressed a desire to make Velken at some point in the future.

7. Klaatu Skiff Guard - The Klaatu formerly known as Giran, but now has no name. I still want this guy and I actually think we might see him in the next few years.

Rogue II
11-17-2010, 11:27 PM
Since I don't read the comics and I refuse to watch the Ewok movies and Holiday Special, my list will be almost completely different from Chux's

7) Black Guard in Jabba's Palace: I'm sure in some part of the Star Wars world, someone gave him a name and a story.

6) White Skiff Guard: He get's tossed in the pit.

5) Any one of the background Spacers from the Cantina.

4) Lando Calrissian: Smuggler. Because....I don't know.

1 & 2) Tonnika sisters

***I'd like to thank Mr. Daddypants for making this (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=3297) post, otherwise, I wouldn't have known the names of any of these characters.

7) Still waiting
6) Still waiting
5) Still waiting
4) They made him and I didn't buy him
3) Still waiting
1 & 2) Doubt they are ever going to happen.

So, to update:

7) Torryn Farr, Hoth Rebel.

6) Velken-Tezeri, White Skiff Guard that gets tossed in the pit.

5) Fozec, Black Guard in Jabba's Palace

4) ROTJ Palpatine

2) Updated ESB Yoda

1) Updated ESB 2-1B

bigbarada
11-18-2010, 11:07 PM
My updated list:

1. Jann Tosh - from the Droids cartoon, but in realistic style
2. Animated Paploo
3. Animated Chukha-Trok
4. Animated Weechee
5. Animated Kaink
6. Cane Adiss
7. Kez Iban - Droids cartoon, realistic style