PDA

View Full Version : How about re-releasing figures we missed?

02-02-2002, 06:40 PM
Instead of re-sculpting the heck out of everything, perhaps they should just re-release some stuf. Who would object to a COMMTECH Stormtrooper, or the "new" sandtrooper being released in quantity on a POTJ card? They could even alter them slightly so they wouldn't be the same fig. No battle damage, or a white/ orange pauldron, respectively, for example.

Lord Tenebrous
02-02-2002, 11:44 PM
The Stormtroopers are being taken care of through the Fan Club later this year, without battle damage and with new guns.

There was word of another POTJ wave, with Leia (General), Vader (Dagobah), Biker Scout (Dirty), and Sandtrooper. But Leia and Vader are past their selling prime, and the Sandy has already been sent a few times. They're not changing him.

So what I'd like to see is a re-release on Blue02 cards:

4X Biker Scout (clean)
4X Rebel Fleet Trooper
4X Imperial Officer
4X Naboo Royal Guard

You have 2 HTF figures, plus 2 cool new OT units. I think it would sell well. :)

stardog24
02-03-2002, 01:12 AM
When is the fan club supposed to start selling the Stormtroopers? And it's a 4-pack right?

Beast
02-03-2002, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by stardog24
When is the fan club supposed to start selling the Stormtroopers? And it's a 4-pack right?

Last I heard is that it would be avaliable in 3rd Quarter this year. So sometime between July and September. It will be a 4 pack of the Commtech Troopers, without the battle damage or rifle rack. 2 will come with the long rifle that was originally packed in with the figure, the other two will come with the standard Imperial Stormtrooper blaster. It looks like from the packaged samples to be the old style large POT2 blaster sculpt. Hope that helps. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Evil
02-03-2002, 07:22 AM
I'd like to see a Royal Guard two-pack.

General Veers
02-03-2002, 06:54 PM
How about some Adm. Mottis or Holo R2's? But I think that Lord Tenebrous's idea might work out. :)

Battle Droid
02-03-2002, 08:12 PM
I saw dozens of POTJ Sandtroopers & Dirty Biker Scouts at Wal-Mart the other day.

Darth Evil
02-04-2002, 03:13 PM
Oh, by the way, I want an Imperial Royal Guard two-pack.

Beast
02-04-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Darth Evil
Oh, by the way, I want an Imperial Royal Guard two-pack.

Well, it's not a two pack. But there will be a new version of the Royal Guards released for E2 figure line. They look the same as the ones shown in ROTJ, but are Palpatine's Senate Guards in E2. Apperantly he didn't care to much for the blue guards Chancellor Valorum used. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
02-05-2002, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Darth Evil
I'd like to see a Royal Guard two-pack.

I agree with that. I would love to see the Emperor's Royal Guards.

I would also liek to see an Imperial Dignitary 2-pack as well.

Oh yeah, as for re-releasing figures, I am against it.

Darth Evil
02-05-2002, 01:07 PM
Yeah, when I first saw that Palpatine would have his Royal Guards in AOTC, I thought we were gonna get a resculpt, YAY! The POTF2 one sucked!

darth chuck
02-06-2002, 01:02 AM
Repackaging hard to find figures on new cards has been suggested many times in the forums.

In an interview that I saw, maybe two years ago, I can't remember where, a Hasbro rep said that they had considered that and decided "not to pursue it at the time". The reasons that she gave were that they did not want to hurt collectors (by devaluing the secondary market) and concerns that they could not recoup the costs associated with restarting production.

This would be an ideal solution for loose figure collectors, but carded completionists would end up buying all the same figures over again, as happened with holograms & freezeframes.

Sidiously Darth
02-06-2002, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
I saw dozens of POTJ Sandtroopers & Dirty Biker Scouts at Wal-Mart the other day.

Where do you live? A Hong Kong warehouse? I can't believe there's any store with that many. That's pegwarmer status.

And as far as Hasbro's repackaging reasons... What in the heck did they do w/ all the original figures? If I recall, they repackaged them all!:eek:

Slicker
08-25-2006, 06:43 PM
Instead of re-sculpting the heck out of everything, perhaps they should just re-release some stuf. Who would object to a COMMTECH Stormtrooper, or the "new" sandtrooper being released in quantity on a POTJ card? They could even alter them slightly so they wouldn't be the same fig. No battle damage, or a white/ orange pauldron, respectively, for example.They should definitely do this with some of the ROTS figures that were released. I'm sure some people missed them so they should definitely release 'em again. They could dress 'em up by putting them on a new card but keep the figures integrity.

Kidhuman
08-25-2006, 06:52 PM
Not a bad idea Slick, maybe call them Heroes and Villians or even Greatest Battles.

Phantom-like Menace
08-25-2006, 10:28 PM
Not a bad idea Slick, maybe call them Heroes and Villians or even Greatest Battles.

Funny as that response was, a longer list would still be a good idea. There are still a good dozen figures I never once saw at retail and either eBayed or never purchased.

jedi master sal
08-26-2006, 06:40 AM
Yeah, I have to agree with Slick here.

But not just ROTS, go back aways.

I had one hell of a time finding Sio Bibble, TC-14, R2-B1 from TPM
From ROTS, while I didn't have much of a problem I know many others didn't find Commander Bly (especially the corrected version), Gree, Cat Miin, and Passel Argente's aid. And though they were initially easy to get I wouldn't mind seeing a rerelease of Grievous bodyguards. (even if in a Battle pack--cough Utapau cough...)

It just seems like Hasbro doesn't want to do the neccessary research to see what people did/didn't find, what's hot on the secondary market, etc.

In just a short time even just checking eBay, you can see what figure is selling higher than others. what buyers are willing to pay for them, etc.

(Besides checking this and many other collecting forums.)

Well, anyway, here's to H&V 4!!! heh heh.

pegger
09-11-2006, 02:16 PM
For me, the FUN part of collecting is hunting down these hard find figures, Owning 1 of everything is the easy part, it's finding the stuff that makes collecting fun (in my opinion). Re-releasing something because people are just to damned lazy to get off their butts and hunt for stuff, make trades, or pay through the nose (if that's your style). ... well, I'm sure you can read into that what my opinion is.....

jedi master sal
09-12-2006, 08:30 AM
For me, the FUN part of collecting is hunting down these hard find figures, Owning 1 of everything is the easy part, it's finding the stuff that makes collecting fun (in my opinion). Re-releasing something because people are just to damned lazy to get off their butts and hunt for stuff, make trades, or pay through the nose (if that's your style). ... well, I'm sure you can read into that what my opinion is.....

While I've found (or my fiancee for me) everything to date. There were some things that were VERY HTF. I personally do not take pleasure in having to track down things, and I'm on the hunt often.

I think there's quite a few people who hunt on a regular basis and still come up with the short end sometimes.

For others it's due to their location, ie BFE. Or the fact that they don't have a particular retailer in their area to purchase from. So it's not neccessarily a matter of not getting up off their butts, but rather not having the options available to them as some others do.

I DON'T think collecting should be hard. Hell, I could care less if the guy next to me has the same stuff. My colleciton is my collection. It has no bearing on me what someone else has. Even if some of the HTF figs become easy to find, it's still not going to take away from me the stories I have of when I found them when they WERE HTF.

I don't ever expect to sell this collection so the point of something getting rereleased and devalueing my collection doesn't bother me. Heck, I'd rather that each and every fan be able to get what they want and not with much hassle.

Just my opinion though. It's not meant to spark a debate.

pegger
09-12-2006, 08:57 AM
For others it's due to their location, ie BFE.

Dude - I live in Canada. If ANYONE gets screwed out of figures, it's Canadians. I completely and totally understand this, and I say that figures need to have better distribution....I'm just not so crazy about re-releasing figures...I would rather see new figures...say from our Top 50 list made, not a figure that was out before...

Just my opinion though. It's not meant to spark a debate..

opps...my bad. :thumbsup:

jedi master sal
09-12-2006, 12:46 PM
Dude - I live in Canada. If ANYONE gets screwed out of figures, it's Canadians.

Canadian! Well, that explains it all then... ;) heh heh.

dindae
09-22-2006, 12:44 PM
Apart from popular figures, main characters, and army builders I don't see a need to rerelease a figure just because it was hard to find. Sio Bibble is a good example of this. He is a good figure that not many saw in the store but he is also a fat, balding, Santa wannabe, background character. If he saw decent distribution he would be a huge pegwarmer. Now the white Greivous Bodyguard I can see rereleasing simply because I know it is an army builder and some people who already have one will buy another. That being said I know Hasbro will continue to do a gluttony of rerelease so Sio may eventually get done.

pegger
09-22-2006, 12:54 PM
Apart from popular figures, main characters, and army builders I don't see a need to rerelease a figure just because it was hard to find. Sio Bibble is a good example of this. He is a good figure that not many saw in the store but he is also a fat, balding, Santa wannabe, background character. If he saw decent distribution he would be a huge pegwarmer. Now the white Greivous Bodyguard I can see rereleasing simply because I know it is an army builder and some people who already have one will buy another. That being said I know Hasbro will continue to do a gluttony of rerelease so Sio may eventually get done.

I would still rather new figures, or new molds than re-releasing stuff that someone missed. Most figs can be had off ebay for retail or less, with the exception of a few.

dindae
09-22-2006, 01:05 PM
I would still rather new figures, or new molds than re-releasing stuff that someone missed.

I thought that was my point but maybe my English to Canadian translator is off. ;)

pegger
09-22-2006, 01:45 PM
Stupid Canadian English messing up my stupid American English understanding.....

I thought you meant that you'd be OK with troop builders being re-released...I'm saying even those I would not prefer to see again.....

UNLESS - they are the ultimate version of that fig. Feel free to re-issue SA Ep. 2 clones, SA Ep. 3 Clones, VOTC Stormies, VOTC Scout troopers....

Slicker
09-22-2006, 02:17 PM
And people say that thread digging is a bad thing.

This thread doubled in size after I "revisited" it.:whip: